St George's Hospital (London)

0208 672 1255 Blackshaw Road , London, Greater London, SW17 0QT

Anonymous gave Neurosurgery at St George's Hospital (London) a rating of 5 stars

Great hospital!!

I was admitted for minor spinal surgery and couldn't have been better looked after. Staff were really lovely and friendly, beds were comfy, the ward was clean and tidy and quiet. Everything was calm and efficient and well run. Thank you so much for looking after me. Love the NHS!!

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 09 January 2019

St George's Hospital (London) replied on 14 January 2019

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback about your experience at St George's Hospital. We are pleased to read you found your care was of high standard and staff attitude to be friendly together with the cleanliness of the ward environment.
Your kind comments also of the efficiency from the all the team have been sent onto the managers for the service who will be happy to know you were impressed about your care at St George's Hospital.

Elaine Bucknor

Patient Advice and Liaison Service Manager

Anonymous gave Rheumatology at St George's Hospital (London) a rating of 3 stars

Recent Appointment at St Georges (Jan 2019)

I have been discharged from hospital despite me telling the doctor that the pain is getting progressively worse. I had requested to review me again after 6 months (which is what usually has happened with the treatment I am receiving - this was perhaps my 4th appointment with her) and instead she disregarded my choice and straight- up informed me that she will discharge me. She did not even examine my body to see if there has been any recent changes in the past few months. I am in my early 20's so the pain I get is very unusual. I really was not happy - and it is quite disappointing since I have had several appointments at this hospital (in other departments), however it is just that 1 doctor who really has let me down (and the annoying thing is that it is a small department with only 1 or 2 doctors). I thus chose not to fight back as the chances of not getting her is very slim so I guess I will have to try another hospital - this pain can not be ignored.

Also, on a side note, I have never had the need to write a review, having to this time really speaks for itself, and I do feel uncomfortable writing this solely because I do understand that this does not reflect 90% of doctors out there. That 10% need EXTRA training.

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 11 January 2019

St George's Hospital (London) has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at St George's Hospital (London) a rating of 1 stars

very poor service

very rude staff. In health profession people should be able to put yourself on others shoes but its exactly opposite in children A& E department.

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 11 December 2018

St George's Hospital (London) has not yet replied.

David Roberts gave Cardiothoracic surgery at St George's Hospital (London) a rating of 5 stars

Recent Lobectomy

Having just returned home after 3 weeks in Caroline Ward I have been reflecting on the experience. It is my first experience of a major operation under the NHS.
I have nothing but the highest praise for the people that I was priviledged to be served by. I was made to feel very special by all, from the surgeons down to the cleaning staff. The nursing was second to none with the individuals often working under very trying conditions.
Thank you everyone for making my stay so 'enjoyable'

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 21 December 2018

Spine surgery Atkinson Morley

I was pleased with the efficiency of the staff - medical, nursing, support - who worked together well to ensure an overall good level of care, Always room for improvement, but medically they new what had to be done, and the surgery seemed well organised, with the recovery team highlighting this. The nursing and support staff, though sometimes lacking continuity and sufficient resource, were generally focused on my welfare, and seemed to have a genuine concern for patient progress. Overall, a pleasant experience.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 13 November 2018

Liza gave Neurology at St George's Hospital (London) a rating of 5 stars

BRILLIANT NEURO SCIENCE DAY UNIT

I was referred here after having a seizure.
The staff were accomodating, friendly, reassuring and efficient.
I saw the clinical physiologist and she made me feel very comfortable and explained everything to me clearly.
My appointments were all on time and any nerves i had for any tests were dealt with sympathetically and professionally.
I would definitely choose to be referred here again if the need should ever arise.
Thank you NHS.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 16 November 2018

St George's Hospital (London) has not yet replied.

R García gave Accident and emergency services at St George's Hospital (London) a rating of 1 stars

Very disappointed

Very poor service by the A&E service.
I am 11 weeks pregnant and have had 3 bleedings in different times. I was told by my midwife to always go to a&e if I bleed. I came on sat night around 10pm... And after waiting they told me I couldn't be seen because they don't scan over night unless I am bleeding out basically. They called the Gynae reg and they said to come Sunday morning to be scanned.

I asked the nurse if being Sunday .. that would be possible. As I am a nurse and I know the Early pregnancy unit is open Monday to Saturday only in the mornings.
The nurse reassured me and told me that I would be seen and scanned Sunday morning.
I came to A&E to find out she had given me the wrong information. By now I have been bleeding for 3 days and still haven't been scanned.
Apparently the person that is for Gynae this Sunday is busy and "she can't scan" because she apparently doesn't have the skills to do it. Which lets me to think.. how is possible that a gynae reg(who or consultant) is not able to scan a patient?
The A&E nurses were very rude... Telling me that I had options and that I shouldnt complain. Apparently my options were:

- wait for this gynae person to see me ... But not able to scan me. Which I don't really see a point. . I want reassurance by seeing my baby... Not by someone just talking to me only . A period. That is not even qualified to scan me.

- come tomorrow (so a further 24 hours)

- come back if the bleeding gets worse. Which makes me think? If my bleeding gets worse.. then they will find someone to scan me. But not now. Is this the same gynae person? Or someone else? Can't this person scan me now?

As you can see non of this is reassuring. It's just unprofessional and very poor. I am pregnant and I want to be seen by a gynae person competent to do a scan.

Very dissatisfied and disappointed.. not sure I want to have my baby here.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 25 November 2018

St George's Hospital (London) has not yet replied.

Ray2018 reviewed St George's Hospital (London)

Recently my mother underwent cataract surgery by a Consultant Ophthalmologist within your trust. I was particularly concerned as my mother had undergone complicated cataract surgery on her other eye previously and was worried she would have the same experience again. Having done some research we found that the consultant was a specialist VR surgeon who was very highly regarded in her field with a reputation for surgical excellence.
I have never been more impressed in all my years of NHS experience. The consultant ensured that whilst my mother who doesn't speak much English was treated with kindness and respect and ensured that every effort was undertaken to ensure that her patient experience was very different. I am both delighted and relieved to share that my mother had her operation which was successful which has revolutionised her life. We are extremely grateful to the consultant and the staff involved in my mother's surgery and shall always recommend others to visit CMH especially for their ophthalmic care. Well done!

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 03 December 2018 using Care Opinion

Ian gave General Surgery at St George's Hospital (London) a rating of 5 stars

My stay on Gray Ward

I would just like to say how fantastic all the staff including the cleaners and staff who done the food were. To watch the nurses day in day out work so hard was incredible. They always had a smile on their faces, even after a 12 hour shift. They are a credit to their profession and angels all of them......Thank you from the bottom of my heart for getting me better and with a smile on your face.
Ian

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 03 December 2018

Daniele’s grandmothe gave at St George's Hospital (London) a rating of 5 stars

Thanks to the whole team on the special care faculty

My grandson Daniele was born on the 18th September at UCLH from there he was transferred to Great Ormand Street and was admitted to your neonatal special care faculty on the 27th September 2018. He was discharged today, 24th October.

I can only say what a wonderful team you have there. Nothing is too much for them, whether it’s caring, advising, reasurring, helping, explaining, befriending, recommending, providing, respecting, comforting, tranquilizing ... the list is never ending ... or just smiling and getting on with their daily work load they can’t be faulted.

My dearest hope for them all is that every baby and their families appreciate the care, feel the same warmth and experience the same dedication as we have done.

Nothing more than my heartfelt thanks remains to be said.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 24 October 2018