St George's Hospital (London)

0208 672 1255 Blackshaw Road , London, Greater London, SW17 0QT

Anonymous gave Plastic surgery at St George's Hospital (London) a rating of 5 stars

Wonderful department

I visited today which my friend who had an accident with a drill, We were greeted by a great team! Organised, spotlessly clean department, The team were cheerful and professional. They looked after my friend really well and we couldn’t have asked for better care.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 05 September 2018

St George's Hospital (London) has not yet replied.

Aysha Fattal gave Gynaecology at St George's Hospital (London) a rating of 3 stars

Disappointed

I had an appointment today with gynaecologist, for a scan. It took around 5-10 minutes for my appointment. Everything was in a rush. When the lady finished my scan she told me I can go, I asked her so can you tell me what I have? I came here for a reason and she told me your gp will tell you everything. I asked her again can you tell me what did you see and she told me read the paper I gave you. She did not explain what I have, she did not tell me what treatment I need, because I have polycyclic ovaries. She just gave me a paper to read about it which is useless. You go to speak to a doctor and they send you away in 5 minutes telling you go speak to your gp. Very unprofessional and I am very disappointed. The nurse was really nice and she was calming me down because it was the first time for me going to a gynaecologist. I wish I had a better experience and a better understanding of my problem but it seems some people don’t really take health care seriously. I wouldn’t recommend to anyone seeing that woman . Very rude and unprofessional!

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 19 September 2018

St George's Hospital (London) has not yet replied.

Christine Loomes gave Cardiology at St George's Hospital (London) a rating of 5 stars

Family screening following the sudden death of my daughter

We as a family attended the Cardiology department of the hospital for screening following the tragic sudden death of my daughter. From the moment we entered the department we were treated with the utmost dignity, compassion and respect. The staff were very well organised with a professional and efficient manner which put you at ease prior to the various tests carried out. The doctor we saw was totally dedicated to ensuring that we fully understood the outcome of the tests and was there to answer any questions or fears that we may have had. At this time when people are only too ready to fault the NHS I would like to say a big thank you to all staff at the Atkinson Morley Wing you are a credit to the NHS, God Bless you all.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 14 September 2018

St George's Hospital (London) has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Ear, Nose & Throat at St George's Hospital (London) a rating of 1 stars

4 Years Old Kid - ENT Paediatric

Unfortunately this is a very bad review.
I put just one star because there was not option to put none!

After waiting more than 2 months for having my 4 years old kid checked, just before the appointment took place I received a letter saying that my appointment was cancelled and that I should re-schedule it. No reason given. That was very upsetting but I did not complain at that moment and re-booked the appointment as my main objective was to have my kid checked by a doctor.

So, I did so, and I booked it, adding in more than one month of extra waiting time of course.

Everything seemed to be set up this time. But then again, I received another letter from the ENT paediatrics department saying that my appointment was cancelled again and that I should wait to be given one space.

I called to find out what was the reason and I was told that the doctor who was supposed to see my kid, had taken annual leave so he cancelled everything. Shouldn't the doctors plan in advance their annual leave so they don't affect their patients appointments?? especially if they are already booked with more than 2 months in advance?? I find this very disrespectful with patients and unacceptable to say the least!

When talking to the staff about this, I was also reassured that in two/three days I would get a call/email giving me another appointment for my kid, but I waited and waited and that never happened. No one called/emailed and still waiting. They should be liable of what they tell patience. I felt like they said that to me to just hang up and close the topic.

So now I find myself with no appointment for my 4 years old kid after waiting more than 2 months for being seen.
No one seems to care about it and all I get are excuses.

Also the waiting times are again near 2 months to get another appointment which means that we are getting to 4 months waiting for an out-patience consultation?? Really?

In a nutshell. Two appointments, two times cancelled. No reason given whatsoever other that the doctor had to go on holiday.
I am happy he is not having health issues with his kid and can afford to go on vacation and enjoy life whilst he leaves kids and families with serious issues waiting endlessly.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 05 October 2018

St George's Hospital (London) has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Cardiothoracic surgery at St George's Hospital (London) a rating of 5 stars

Lifesavers

My wife aged 82 has a nickel allergy and is diabetic. She needed a new aortic vslve replacement and an Edwards Sapiens valve was obtained. An apparently risky operation was carried out by a team including another Professor from Kings College hospital who assisted.
We celebrate our 63rd anniversary in a few days time thanks to all the dedicated people who were involved in the operation and aftercare.
Thank you all. Without you all this may not have been possible

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 12 August 2018

St George's Hospital (London) has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Paediatrics services at St George's Hospital (London) a rating of 1 stars

Poor communication and lack of compassion

We had a consutant appointment in the Dragn ward.

Although our consultant was present on that day and was seeing other patients for consultations, this consultant would not examine my baby for a suspected condition which required a physical examination.

My baby was only examined by the consultant's registrar, who it was clear had not read any of the notes in advance and did not know anything about my baby's situation or case.

When the registrar's examination was inconclusive and a firm diagnosis was not reached, the consultant still refused to examine my baby or even see us. Instead the registrar kept leaving the room and asking the consultant questions, even though this consultant was only next door in anther office! No clear diagnosis was ever reached.

Very poor experience!

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 13 August 2018

Becca gave at St George's Hospital (London) a rating of 1 stars

Administration and management

I am aghast at the administration of the ante-natal unit.
The teams when I meet them are without exception delightful, as we hear so much about NHS employees in the media. However the administration is truly appalling and incompetent.

So far I have had half a dozen appointments in the Lanesborough Wing (grd antenatal and 4th scans), on average the appointments run 1hour late. The biscuit was really taken last week when it was 1hour 30 minutes late. In brief my experience was as follows:
Booked in for appointment with consultant at 9am, Lanesborough ground floor.
Arrive at 8.45, check in with reception.
At 9.30 still no sign of life, reception filling up. Overhear conversation that consultants never here normally till 9.45am.
At 9.45 I ask receptionist for more info, she explains they are on the ward before coming down but usually here by 9.45.
10am still no sign of life.
10.10 – a lady I later discover to be the consultant arrives and disappears behind the scenes.
10.30am – I am called through for appointment. Consutlant advises me she is NEVER here before 10am, as she has clinic before until 10am.

Why on earth are reception booking appointments for a 1hour slot when the consultants are not even available, this is chaotic and ridiculous.
I have no problem with an expectation to be on time, arrive early for urine tests etc. A 30minute delay would be inconvenient but tolerable.
To be booked in 1 hour before the consultant is even available is a disgrace.

Looking forward to some explanation and change.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 02 September 2018

JN gave at St George's Hospital (London) a rating of 5 stars

Maternity unit

I can thoroughly recommend the midwife unit at st George's throughout my first pregnancy and birth they were amazing. Incredibly responsive on the phone, gave us a tour of the Carmen Suite as we'd missed out on the regular tour and the midwife I had during my delivery was wonderful she was both professional, supportive but also empathetic and kind.
Recently pregnant with my second I came in as baby wasn't moving very much, luckily all ok but again was seen very quickly, taken seriously and given outstanding care.
The hospital doesn't look as nice superficially as some other london hospital and in terms of the area etc but the quality of care surpasses any of that

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 11 August 2018

St George's Hospital (London) has not yet replied.

Deb Elliot gave Breast cancer services at St George's Hospital (London) a rating of 5 stars

a top professional team, caring and respectful

My recent experience at the Rose breast care centre was wonderful. The staff had so much time for me and were so caring and respectful.
I wish I could name them all but suffice as to say I came away feeling very positive and so ready for the fight against this dreadful breast cancer. The clinic worked like clock work with very little waiting time. On my return the next week to get my results my husband and I were greeted by a lovely specialist nurse and then by a senior nurse who had the unenviable task of telling me my histology result. I would highly recommend this clinic and want to reassure anyone who has to go there to not be afraid because the staff are there to support and help you.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 11 August 2018

St George's Hospital (London) has not yet replied.

Sharon Sheehan gave Orthopaedics at St George's Hospital (London) a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding care

My cousin was admitted 3weeks ago due to breaking her hip after a fall.the care she received in a+e and then when she was on Richmond ward and later gunning ward was outstanding.nothing was too much trouble for the nurses espically when my brother and I had questions for them they answered all our questions .Both wards was spotles I know all hospitals do there best but st Georges really did go that extra mile.in my opinion its the best hospital in the south and possibly the best in the country

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 07 August 2018