St George's Hospital (London)

0208 672 1255 Blackshaw Road , London, Greater London, SW17 0QT

Nancy n gave Accident and emergency services at St George's Hospital (London) a rating of 1 stars

Rude staff and very dirty

Was an inpatient at st Thomas and suddenly felt unwell again and was nearer to st George's . I was booked in by a very rude nurse who didn't even make eye contact with me , wrote abdo pain on my notes even though that wasn't the case and I wasn't trusted or seen in 4 hours. A&E was filthy and littered with drink bottles coffee cups and it was very hot and stuffy. Drinks machine out of order so you couldn't even get a drink

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 02 January 2018

St George's Hospital (London) has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Plastic surgery at St George's Hospital (London) a rating of 5 stars

Praise of the jungle ward

I would just like to let senior management know how impressed my partner and I were with the jungle ward with regards to our son's treatment. All the staff especially our nurse and the play team member were amazing with my son bent and towards myself and my partner. We were not aware going to our son's plastic surgery appointment that our son being put to sleep was going to be an option we thought we were there simply for some glue or stitches due to our son splitting his head open at school. Hearing that he would need a general anaesthetic really worried me but the plastic surgeon, anathetist and he nurses were amazing at reassuring myself and my son. The ward is lovely, all the staff were very efficient and my son was in theatre by 9:30am and we were home by 1pm. They truly are a credit to your hospital and the NHS!

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 10 January 2018

St George's Hospital (London) has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at St George's Hospital (London) a rating of 5 stars

Brilliant

I've just got back from A and E with my husband who was in terrible pain and being sick. The staff were all fantastic, very thorough and kind. We are so lucky to have such care and the NHS. Thank you to all the staff.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 15 January 2018

St George's Hospital (London) has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Maternity services at St George's Hospital (London) a rating of 5 stars

Unfautable care and support during an upsetting time

I came into the early pregnancy unit due to concerns for my pregnancy and again 10 days later when I realised I was having a miscarriage, which resulted in a general anaesthetic for surgical miscarriage management.

I really could not fault the way I was treated and dealt with by the staff. Their professionalism, calmness and respect made a very upsetting time so so much easier to deal with and really did make a difference to how how emotionally coped with what I was going through.

I was seen within the estimated time frames, was fitted in very quickly for surgery. The whole process just seemed to work and when I reacted badly to the drugs I was given pre-op it was all hands on deck to make sure I was ok. So well done team - you all did a fantastic job and I really really appreciated the efforts of everyone who dealt with me from start to finish. So I can only say a massive thank you.

The only thing which could be improved is the information on the early pregnancy unit website which says Saturday walk-in clinic is only for emergencies. I had no idea if I counted as an emergency and almost waited to Monday when I knew I was having a miscarriage, which it turns out would have been the wrong thing to do.

Thanks again

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 16 January 2018

St George's Hospital (London) has not yet replied.

Caroline gave Accident and emergency services at St George's Hospital (London) a rating of 5 stars

really welcoming and helpful

Just want to thank all of your teams for the fantastic service given when I visited A&E on December 22. I had intended on going to the drop-in service but found that it was no longer in existence, sadly. Fortunately there turned out to be nothing wrong with me but your team from receptionist to consultant were very welcoming and friendly, as one of the worried well I wasn’t made to feel that my visit was a waste of time and I was seen and investigated very quickly. Impressive that they managed to achieve taking bloods, x-rays and an ECG within such a short time. I am very thankful for this service.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 10 January 2018

St George's Hospital (London) has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Cancer Services at St George's Hospital (London) a rating of 5 stars

Review following recent Endosocpy - 28/12//2017

As the NHS gets so much bad press, I just wanted to give my feedback on a recent Endoscopy as part of the NHS bowl screening service. Despite my reservations about the procedure the staff were wonderful! I doubt I would have got better care had it been a private procedure.

I arrived at reception at 8.45 for a 9.00 appointment and by 9.30 I was in my gown waiting to go through to theatre for the procedure. The staff explained the procedure fully so I was clear on what to expect. Prior to the procedure they carried out all the usual blood pressure/heart rate checks thoroughly, making me feel very at ease. As indicated I did receive the results within the 7 day timeframe, thankfully all clear.

My thanks to the staff for their professionalism, care and compassion.
Yours gratefully

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 03 January 2018

St George's Hospital (London) has not yet replied.

DidiP reviewed St George's Hospital (London)

Waiting list

Having serious cystitis from middle of 2017, I asked my GP in November for urology specialist, over 1 month I didn't hear anything, no letter about my appointment so i decided to call them and lady on the phone said, I will have to wait until end of March. I was shocked. Having pain every day, not to be able to go to work or out sometimes and do my stuff as I used to and she is telling me probably its not so urgent. Have been already 4 times in A&E and will have to go probably again. How people in UK can live like this, seriously??

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 05 January 2018 using Care Opinion

St George's Hospital (London) has not yet replied.

Andrea Darcsi gave Accident and emergency services at St George's Hospital (London) a rating of 1 stars

Waiting time is unbelievable!

Shocking experience! I went to A&E around 9.00 p.m with continuously having lower abdominal pain (really strong and horrible pain). After waiting more than 4 hours I was told they do not do scan during night. How is that possible that in a hospital they don't do scan during night? I had to wait 4 hours with my pain for nothing...I was told someone would call me the next morning around 9.00 a.m. and I would need to come back for a scan and I would not have to wait. I was waiting until 10.30 for the phone call but no one called me so I phoned them and I was told to come for 12.00 p.m. When I arrived they did not know who told me the 12.00 p.m.time but I had to wait 2,5 hrs when finally the scan was done. The staff is working extremely hard to do their job and there are more patients than they can deal with efficiently but the system is slowly getting worse and something should be done about this. I still cannot get my head around that scan is not available in a hospital during night!!! I met a woman who was 7 weeks pregnant and started bleeding - she was also sent home due to not being able to do any scan during night. The next day while we were waiting to get our scans done - she said she doesn't even know how is her baby. This is very sad.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 13 December 2017

St George's Hospital (London) has not yet replied.

pleasebepolite reviewed St George's Hospital (London)

St Georges

I went for an early pregnancy scan at the EPU, Lanesborough Wing. Met by a terrifically rude and surly receptionist who seemed to spend more time obtaining drinks and wondering around the shop floor than dealing with clients, i.e. pregnant women, some of whom were scared and vulnerable. I was one of them.
I was treated as a nuisance. When I tried to change the phone number I had provided, they actually threw her hands up in the air and looked at their colleague.
I am afraid I was quite disgusted with this person and will be making a formal complaint.
The rest of the EPU were fantastic - shame on this person.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 21 December 2017 using Care Opinion

Anonymous gave Cardiology at St George's Hospital (London) a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Consultant - Marfans Clinic

Our son was referred to be tested for Marfans by his nerve Condultant following a severe elbow injury. Our GP contacted a Consultant for advice ; they were very helpful and happily agreed to my son being referred to their clinic at St George's London. We attended the clinic yesterday 1st November. I cannot rate this Consultant highly enough. They were so welcoming and reassuring and spent all the time we needed checking my son and talking him through his echocardiogram results and taking our family history. Fortunately my son does not have Marfans. My brother and I have now been offered screening as the key family link. This has been a very worrying time and we felt we could not have been in better hands. - it was a pleasure to have them as our specialist; their people skills and knowledge are outstanding. Their nurse assistant was also extremely helpful. An excellent and thorough service. Thank you very much.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 02 November 2017

St George's Hospital (London) replied on 03 November 2017

We would like to thank you for your positive comments of the care services provided at St George's Hospital. We are pleased that you found the Cardiology Service and care from the staff involved to high standard. We value the feedback of your experiences and have shared these with both the managers and staff who will be delighted to hear of your experience.

We always welcome all comments and feedback about our services as this assist us in improving our services for better patient experiences.

Yours sincerely,