St George's Hospital (London)

0208 672 1255 Blackshaw Road , London, Greater London, SW17 0QT

Magda gave Dermatology at St George's Hospital (London) a rating of 2 stars

Delays

I see the clinic at least twice a year for 3 years, and the first year had appointments almost every 2 months. Every time I have to wait for my appointment despite arriving early and having a fix time of appointment . Today again had to wait 50 minutes to see the therapist from lymphedema clinic. When pointed out those delay happen all the time when I should be having my appointments on time I got a rude rely from the staff,not even simple we are sorry for the delay. I work as a nurse in a hospital myself and that is just rude towards the patients and seeing them as a workload not human beings. Literally makes me wanna just cancel all my appointments and take care of my illness myself rather than be treated this way.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 11 June 2018

St George's Hospital (London) replied on 14 June 2018

Dear Magda,

I am sorry to read your experience on attending a recent visit to our clinic.

I understand that on the day the waiting times were very long and you felt that the staff were not giving you enough support.

We take the care of our patients extremely seriously and can only apologise for your experience. I will discuss your case with my staff and especially those who were on duty that day, to ensure the experience you had will not be repeated.

We would never want any one of our patients to feel disregarded, and in response to your feedback I will be monitoring our clinics to ensure this does not happen again.

Should you have any further queries in regards to this matter, please do not hesitate to contact me on 0208 725 1987

Michaela Santer, Assistant Service Manager

BA gave Imaging services at St George's Hospital (London) a rating of 1 stars

Rude staff at MRI 3T department

I have been in to get an MRI scan done today as I have sustained back injuries from an accident. After finishing the scan I needed help to get off the bed but the individual refused to help me. I have been to this place atleast x4 other times in the past and they always helped me when getting off the bed. This time it was awful as I didn't get no help. I finds them to be extremely rude, arrogant and poor case basically towards the patients who needs care!

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 19 June 2018

St George's Hospital (London) has not yet replied.

Lisa gave Ear, Nose & Throat at St George's Hospital (London) a rating of 5 stars

The doctor and his entire team

I have already written a review which may be included in an NHS newsletter in the future. I'm very happy with everything we recently experienced in the Florence Nightingale ward and the ICU department following my partner's jaw cancer operation. We're extremely grateful to the doctor and his team.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 02 July 2018

St George's Hospital (London) has not yet replied.

P.Cassidy gave Neurosurgery at St George's Hospital (London) a rating of 2 stars

Extremely poor administration

My son was admitted as an emergency having fallen from a considerable height on the 18th June. He required attention to his spine to pin a shattered vertebrae and also the heel of his right foot has been splintered.
He received attention immediately to the spinal injury but was told that the swelling to the foot prevented attention at that time. He was given various tablets for the pain and also a gadget to inject morphine when the pain was too much to cope with.

He was sent home on the 18th of June with crutches and painkillers.

He received a letter on the 28th of June to say that he had an appointment that day, and he was transported in immense pain by car. When he arrived he was told that they had been looking for him on the previous Monday for attention to the foot.

He was also told that he'd missed the opportunity now and would go back on the list. He was then sent home again to await the next opportunity for an appointment.

He has been in the most distressed and pain ridden condition that I have seen him in and I believe, that not knowing if he is being considered properly is making matters worse. Clinically I believe that St. George's copes extremely well with the demands of current times but the administration leaves a lot to be desired.

Keeping the patient in touch with their treatment would help matters a great deal as being forgotten about amplifies the pain and suffering.

Please take note that I am not a person that has all the answers to the NHS problems and I do not criticise lightly as I don't believe in negativity.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 03 July 2018

Anonymous gave Cardiology at St George's Hospital (London) a rating of 5 stars

Courteous and helpful

I am now under the care of your hospital and am very satisfied with the care i am receiving but am also impressed by every member of staff i have approached all so very courteous and helpful it really is quite remarkable people are always quick to complain but i can only offer praise from my experiences. Keep upthe good work your staff are a credit to you.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 14 July 2018

St George's Hospital (London) has not yet replied.

Stephen gave General Surgery at St George's Hospital (London) a rating of 5 stars

Day Surgery

After being let down by a Croydon Hospital
I was referred to St George’s . My consultant was old school and soon identified the problem that had hunted me foe months and had been missed by prior investigation at the first Hospital. I was sent to day Surgery for assessment and an instant appoint and was assessed by a lovely team.

7.30 am today arrived at the unit for my procedure I was warmly greeted and assessed by the medical team from the staff nurse to the Clinical team. Very professional informative ant attentive with all questions answered and dignity in tacked. The procedure went well and I was on my way home by 2pm.

Only two things to prevent a 5 star review.
1/ I was not given any pain relief to ensure a pain free journey home. I was ask to buy my own painkillers😱
2/ when we got to the contracted it Hospital carpark only one machine word but only accepted one of the two £10 notes the que was growing and gettin inpatient with us the machine would not give the deposited money back. The carpark assistant at the end of the red help button was reluctant to leave his office to assist by this time I was almost passing out in pain. He reluctantly turned up to assist my wife but by this time I had flaked out in the back of the car in horrendous pain.

Please St George’s the arrival and departure from the hospital is as important as the treatment particularly as the parking fee was £20 for the duration.

I think Day serger should revive a parking permit prior to the procedure even if there is a nominal charge in advance.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 30 May 2018

St George's Hospital (London) has not yet replied.

John gave Ear, Nose & Throat at St George's Hospital (London) a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care n staff

I came from ireland to have surgery,
The pre op and post op care was second to none,I could never thank all the staff enough, last place you want to be,but the place in the world if you have to be. Still alive thanks to my.

John

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 02 June 2018

St George's Hospital (London) replied on 03 July 2018

Dear John,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent care experienced received at St George's Hospital Ear Nose and Throat Service. We are so pleased to hear that both your pre-operative and post-operative care was of high quality.

We do value all feedback received as this helps the Trust evaluate our services and work towards improving further for the better of patient care.

I have shared your comments with both managers and staff in ENT who will be delighted to see your feedback.

Yours sincerely,

Patient Advice and Liaison Service

Tracy gave Plastic surgery at St George's Hospital (London) a rating of 5 stars

So impressed with everything about St. George’s Hospital

I was referred to St. George’s Hospital, Tooting for 2 Melanoma Moles. The Professor and his team took care of me in the most professional manner. They explained in detail my procedure and why it was being done. I also had to have a second node biopsy as I had a previous one for Breast Cancer in 2009. The staff at Nuclear Medicine were outstanding explaining every step of the way. The anaesthetist was fantastic too putting me at ease. From the nurses to the doctors and especially Professor Powell and his team , the service and care given to me was the best ever. I’m so grateful, thankyou to all!

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 02 May 2018

St George's Hospital (London) replied on 03 May 2018

We would like to thank you for your feedback about the care services provided at St George's Hospital. We are pleased that you found staff from both Plastic Surgery and the Nuclear Medicines Team highly professional and that you received a good standard of care.

We value all feedback of patients' experiences and have shared these with both the managers and staff who will be delighted to hear of your experience.

Thank you again for taking time to leave feedback about St George's Hospital.
Yours sincerely,

Patient Advice and Liaison Service Manager

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at St George's Hospital (London) a rating of 5 stars

A&E care for my relative was very impressive

i just wanted to post a positive review as, as a healthcare professional myself we don't get enough positive feedback for all the times when care is excellent!

I attended St Georges A&E department with my cousin who had been experiencing unexplained neuro symptoms. She was triaged, assessed by the nursing team, seen by the on call neurology registrar, had bloods taken and had a referral arranged for further imaging and investigation as an outpatient within a 2 hour time frame.

All the staff were lovely, it all ran like clock-work. As you were sat waiting everyone seemed to be moving, having assessments and it was all very efficient.

I just wanted to say a big thank you, and I am thrilled to have this service as my local hospital.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 03 May 2018

St George's Hospital (London) replied on 08 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback about your experience at St George's Hospital. We are pleased to learn about your family member's experiences of the Trust's Accident and Emergency Service was received so positively. Your kind comments about our staffs' attitude and the efficiency from the all the team have been sent onto the managers for the service who will be happy to know you were impressed with the service at St George's Hospital.

Patient Advice and Liaison Service Manager

cheryl gave Accident and emergency services at St George's Hospital (London) a rating of 5 stars

recent admission to AE

I was recently sent to AE by my doctors and was extremely happy with the service and care I received whilst there. The staff were friendly, the necessary tests were done promptly and the doctor I saw was so caring and friendly and very thorough. I was seen, tested and results were all back within 2hours of admission. Best service I have received from any AE Department in my time.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 04 May 2018

St George's Hospital (London) replied on 24 May 2018

Thank you for taking time to post feedback about your experience at St George's Hospital. I am pleased to learn that your experience of the Trust's Accident and Emergency Service was received so positively. Your kind comments about staff attitude and efficiency from the all the team have been sent onto the managers for the service who will be happy to know you were impressed with the service provided.