St George's Hospital (London)

0208 672 1255 Blackshaw Road , London, Greater London, SW17 0QT

Anonymous gave Cardiology at St George's Hospital (London) a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Consultant - Marfans Clinic

Our son was referred to be tested for Marfans by his nerve Condultant following a severe elbow injury. Our GP contacted a Consultant for advice ; they were very helpful and happily agreed to my son being referred to their clinic at St George's London. We attended the clinic yesterday 1st November. I cannot rate this Consultant highly enough. They were so welcoming and reassuring and spent all the time we needed checking my son and talking him through his echocardiogram results and taking our family history. Fortunately my son does not have Marfans. My brother and I have now been offered screening as the key family link. This has been a very worrying time and we felt we could not have been in better hands. - it was a pleasure to have them as our specialist; their people skills and knowledge are outstanding. Their nurse assistant was also extremely helpful. An excellent and thorough service. Thank you very much.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 02 November 2017

St George's Hospital (London) replied on 03 November 2017

We would like to thank you for your positive comments of the care services provided at St George's Hospital. We are pleased that you found the Cardiology Service and care from the staff involved to high standard. We value the feedback of your experiences and have shared these with both the managers and staff who will be delighted to hear of your experience.

We always welcome all comments and feedback about our services as this assist us in improving our services for better patient experiences.

Patient Advice and Liaison Service Manager

Anonymous gave Paediatrics services at St George's Hospital (London) a rating of 5 stars

Sometimes they really do care!

My child has been under the supervision of a doctor for the last few years in the Dragon ward. The doctor is not only kind,caring, personable but down to earth and super professional. My daughter adores them and the doctor and assistants make us feel assured even when we feel volonurable. I cannot thank them and the team enough for taking the time to spend comforting us with a situation that sometimes can be very distressing. This doctor walks with me all the way and is never further than a phone call away should I need them. This person should be credited for the work they do. Thank you so much doctor for the Cate and compassion you show, it doesn’t go unnoticed. Lorraine

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 07 November 2017

St George's Hospital (London) has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at St George's Hospital (London) a rating of 5 stars

Thamkyou so much.

In the last two weeks my daughter has been referred to a & e and the thorough and timely assessment and treatment that she received was excellent,Last night my granddaughter was admitted by ambulance with severe stomach pains,
I can only sat thank God on both occasions the way that they were assessed and treated although my granddaughter is not well could have been much worse.I can’t say thank you enough to the ever hard working doctors and nurses and thank God for the NHS.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 18 November 2017

St George's Hospital (London) has not yet replied.

Valentina Petrolo gave Maternity services at St George's Hospital (London) a rating of 1 stars

Bad organization

I was sended from midwife to delivery suite because i had Tammy pain and dizziness from the night. I've been told that for dizziness I suppose to go in emergency repart so I went there; from there they send me bck to delivery suite because they said that I'm pregnant and it's there where I should be visit. So let's came back again there! I was waiting 2 hours and half for be visited by a midwife and 3 hours and 15 minutes for the doctor; in total today I came inside the hospital at 4:30 p.m. and I went out at 12:15 a.m. This is ridiculous!!! At least the midwife and the doctor were nice and helpful! What is unacettable is that this is a big hospital and should have more doctor at time or midwife for avoid that people are waiting hours for be visited, especially because if you going in the hospital it means that you are already don't feel good and wait hours is not respectful at all. Today is not the first time that happen, most of the time is like This!

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 19 November 2017

Rumi gave Trauma services at St George's Hospital (London) a rating of 5 stars

My family and I wanted to say a massive thank you to St George’s Hospital and especially Gunning Ward. They took care of my 90 year old father for almost a month after hip replacement operation. He was extremely well looked after, cleaned, fed, his every need was attended to and always with a smile. We are so impressed with all the nurses, doctors and surgeons. Thank you everyone!
Rumi

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 03 November 2017

St George's Hospital (London) replied on 20 November 2017

We would like to thank you for your positive comments of the care services provided at St George's Hospital. We are pleased that you found the care that your father received of high standard and professional. We have shared your feedback with staff from these services who will be delighted to hear of your comments.

We welcome all comments and feedback about our services which assist us in improving our services for better patient experiences.

Patient Advice and Liaison Service Manager

Anonymous gave Plastic surgery at St George's Hospital (London) a rating of 5 stars

Plastics

Brilliant staff from start to finish, looked after really well,?even though the staff are under pressure. Can not fault

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 23 October 2017

St George's Hospital (London) replied on 26 October 2017

We would like to thank you for your positive comments of the care services provided at St George's Hospital. We are pleased that you found the Plastics Services provision and staff care of high standard. We value the feedback of your experiences and have shared these with both the managers and staff who will be delighted to hear of your experience.

We always welcome all comments and feedback about our services which assist us in improving our services for better patient experiences.

Patient Advice and Liaison Service Manager

Andrew Russe gave General Surgery at St George's Hospital (London) a rating of 5 stars

Can't praise St George's enough

Many, many thanks to all of the NHS staff I have met in the past 6 months or so. I cannot praise the services I have received at St George's high enough.

After several months of careful investigation I had major surgery to remove part of my colon a week ago. I'm now safely recuperating at home again. Considering how scared I was all the way through this little journey, I cannot believe that I'm now looking back on last week as if it was some sort of a holiday I've been on - I actually miss being in the ward!

I want to thank everyone who has been involved in my care - managerial, consultants, medical secretaries, nursing staff, support staff, everyone. I've been looked after by Colorectal, Endoscopy, Outpatients clinics in Lanesborough, Pre-operative assessment, Surgery Admission Lounge, General Surgery, and last but not least the wonderful team on Gray Ward for three days and nights after surgery.

I've now seen first hand how stretched the system is in places, but I have seen how hard EVERYONE involved works to make that system function as best it can for however many people are thrown at it.

I've also seen how much everyone cares. Everyone performed at least as well as I would have hoped or expected... but a few of the individual nursing staff who cared for me and others around me... well, what they do day-in, day-out, often under huge pressure from both patients and the system itself - I'm in awe of what I've experienced from them myself and watched them do for others.

Many thanks St Georges.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 30 October 2017

St George's Hospital (London) replied on 01 November 2017

We would like to thank you for sharing your positive comments about the care services provided at St George's Hospital. We are pleased that you found your experiences of care across several of our services to dedicated and professional in caring for you.

We have shared your feedback with the staff and departments involved in your care who will be delighted to hear you were satisfied with your treatment and care.

St George's welcome all comments and feedback about our services, which assist us in continuing to improve services for better future patient experiences.

Patient Advice and Liaison Service

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at St George's Hospital (London) a rating of 1 stars

Bad experience

Both appointments I had were delayed by more than 45 minutes.
The hospital did not have my scans, so the first appointment was useless.
The consultant did not show any empathy at all and made me feel very uncomfortable.
Will not attend this hospital again and I have sought treatment elsewhere.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 31 October 2017

St George's Hospital (London) replied on 02 November 2017

Thank you for your recent comment. We are sorry to hear that our Gynaecology Services did not meet with your expectations.

If you would like to discuss your concern further you can contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service; pals@stgeorges.nhs.uk where we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you bringing this to our attention.

Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) Manager

Navvy gave Bariatric surgery at St George's Hospital (London) a rating of 3 stars

Bariatric Surgery

Referred for bariatric surgery in Jan 2017. First appointment given in Oct 2017. At the appointment I was told to lose weight to show willingness that I want to be healthy- 10% in 6 months. Afterbthis they would decide whether to refer my case to the board or not.

In the meantime I struggle to walk and look after myself. Weight gain due to injury in the past decade.

My question is how long do these so called reviews or appointments take? In the meantime I'll starve myself to show 'willingness to be healthy'.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 04 October 2017

St George's Hospital (London) replied on 20 October 2017

'Thank you for your recent comment. We are sorry you have experienced long waiting times with your appointment for our Bariatric Services. As patient cases are assessed on individual requirement both assessments and appointments times may vary.

Should you need to discuss your concern in much more detail you can contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service; pals@stgeorges.nhs.uk where we will be happy to assist you further.'

Patient Advice and Liaison Services Manager

Laura82taylor gave General Surgery at St George's Hospital (London) a rating of 5 stars

Thank you to the wonderful Jungle ward team

We have just come home from my 3yr old daughter’s day surgery in Jungle Ward. I just wanted to say what a wonderfully positive experience we had with the hospital and its staff from the minute we arrived to the minute we went home. Everyone was attentive, professional, thorough, caring and patient, whether that be the nurses, play specialist, anaesthetist or the surgeon - all were extremely kind to both us and our daughter, enabling us all to deal with the day ahead in the best way possible. Thank you for everything you did for us today.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 06 October 2017

St George's Hospital (London) replied on 20 October 2017

Dear Laura

Thank you for passing through your recent feedback in relation to your experiences of care received from staff based on Jungle Ward at St George's Hospital. We welcome all comments and feedback on the Trust which, assists us in improving our services for better patient experiences.

We have shared your comments with the team on Jungle Ward who will be delighted to see your positive feedback and wish your daughter the best in her recovery.