Spire Leicester Hospital

0116 265 3685 Gartree Road , Leicester, Leicestershire, LE2 2FF

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Spire Leicester Hospital a rating of 1 stars

More NHS patients than the LRI

Due to a ridiculous amount of NHS patients the performance of this hospital has deteriorated dramatically. The wait for appointments and procedures is far too long. The delays in appointment times is equivalent to waiting in the NHS. What’s the point in paying for healthcare?

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 31 October 2017

Victoria bottrill gave Spire Leicester Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Every staff member was a delight to be around

I was shown to a lovely room which was well decorated and very clean. My nurses were friendly and made everything very clear. When i went to the operating theatre i was very nervous and my healthcare assistant was comforting and held my hand which made me feel so much more at ease. The anneathetists were both wonderful as well making fun conversation again to put me at ease and also checking on me afterwards. The post op care made me feel calm and relaxed until i was back in my room. Everyone came back to check on me & i was examined every 15 minutes for 2 hours which was excellent service. The menu was extensive and the food was delicious. Of course the surgeon was fantastic and i was in and out within a day. Overall the staff went beyond my expectations and i am very grateful for their care and smiley personalities!

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 09 May 2017

Spire Leicester Hospital replied on 10 May 2017

That's great to hear Victoria, thanks for your lovely feedback. We are delighted that you felt so well looked after and that our staff exceeded your expectations.

The team at Spire Leicester Hospital

Karen McMullan gave Orthopaedics at Spire Leicester Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Disappointing and frustrating

Sadly my experience has been disappointing and frustrating. I booked for a second opinion regarding my back problem and at each stage of making the appt I asked if this consultant knew about my specific condition. I was advised by the coordinator and the consultants sec that this consultant was a specialist in my condition. I even asked the consultants sec to ask the consultant so I knew I was making the correct booking. The consultant told me they had. On arrival for my appt they didnt have access to my MRIs from the NHS (I was told they would have, after all this was the whole point of the appt) and as a backup I had taken my MRI on disc and the consultant couldnt open that either. Then the consultant told me they knew nothing about my condition and wasnt the right person to see. So I have paid £280 for nothing. I was so upset that I made a complaint via email. The complaints policy states this would be acknowledged within 48 hours and it wasnt, I had to make phone calls to check they had it. I was then told I would have a response within 20 working days or notification if it would take longer. Its a week past this time and I havnt heard anything. For someone that is in chronic pain and has high hopes that by visiting the Spire I would be given the time and expertise to have all my questions answered, this has been utterly soul destroying.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 16 April 2017

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Spire Leicester Hospital a rating of 2 stars

£200 for a 15 minute appointment, I still being rushed

I had an appointment with a consultant, I was seen over 45 minutes later than my scheduled appointment and when I did get to see the consultant, I was still rushed through. What am I supposed to get for my £200? Medicine in this country has turned in a big money making scam sadly, patient care is not first and foremost.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 07 October 2016

Jay gave General Surgery at Spire Leicester Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Grateful

I read somewhere "your life is in their hands". I am so grateful to my consultant who repaired my hernias. I couldn't have been in better hands to operate on me. The Nurse who answered all my questions and concerns in a caring manner. To the anesthetists who explained what feelings to expect before and after the surgery. To the receptionist, secretary, catering staff, pre op nurse. In my eyes you are all unsung hero's.
To all i am thankful!

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 07 June 2016

Spire Leicester Hospital replied on 08 June 2016

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this review Jay. We are delighted to hear that you were cared for and looked after so well by our team.

We will ensure your comments are passed on to everyone here at Spire Leicester Hospital involved in your care.

We wish you a speedy recovery.