Worcestershire Royal Hospital

01905 763 333 Charles Hastings Way, Charles Hastings Way , Worcester, Worcestershire, WR5 1DD

Rhiannon gave Maternity services at Worcestershire Royal Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Maternity unit

My sister visited on 7th and 8th June to have her baby. She was admitted to the antenatal ward where she was cared for by a super midwife. She was very calm and treated us all with compassion and care, she kept us informed of all of her care planning and involved us in decision making.

We were then transferred to the delivery unit where we were cared for by another great midwife who had a lot of experience and helped my sister to delivery her baby safely in to this world on the morning of 8th June. Thank you to all of the maternity unit for providing such a superb experience that I will be forever greatful for and will never forget.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 12 June 2018

Worcestershire Royal Hospital has not yet replied.

Aliya gave Maternity services at Worcestershire Royal Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Maternity

My stay on maternity was beyond excellent. I can not thank the staff enough for the absolutely wonderful care I received. Every midwife, support worker, domestic and doctor were brilliant and professional.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 13 June 2018

Worcestershire Royal Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Diabetic Medicine at Worcestershire Royal Hospital a rating of 1 stars

never call you back

I have left 3 messages but no one returns my calls, as a type 1 diabetic it is important to have your annual checks but I don't even have a date for an appointment, What am I paying my taxes for?

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 20 June 2018

TongueTieMummy reviewed Worcestershire Royal Hospital

Undetected tongue tie

When my daughter was assessed in hospital, no-one picked up on her tongue tie.
The following day the community midwife saw it, and said "see how it goes." In the second visit from the community midwife (day 4 after her birth) we were told to refer her for a tongue tie assessment. I was struggling to breastfeed effectively, and my daughter had lost 13% of her birth weight.
At no point did either midwife explain the potential effects of tongue tie. Due to confusion over whether Hereford or Worcestershire were providing my post natal support, I had no face to face contact with anyone offering breastfeeding support. I was left feeling I had failed to breastfeed. After getting in touch with the NCT, they explained the problems associated with tongue tie, and recommended a private midwife.
The NHS tongue tie assessment would have taken over 3 weeks to assess my daughter. We went privately and were seen within 3 days. My daughter's tongue tie score was a 6, and very obvious. The midwife was disappointed that it had not been picked up in the hospital. The tie was cut, and immediately my daughter's feeding improved, her reflux became much better, and she wasn't crying in pain after a feed due to her intake of air. She has been much more content since the cut, and I dread to think what she would be like if we were still waiting for her assessment from the NHS.
I feel disappointed this wasn't picked up immediately, and dealt with quickly, it made our first 2 weeks very fractious and stressful. I felt a failure as she was unable to breastfeed, and she was upset as she wasn't getting sufficient food, and too much air, causing her pain and stopping her from sleeping.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 14 June 2018 using Care Opinion

Grateful for amazing support reviewed Worcestershire Royal Hospital

Bereavement support during pregnancy

Having had 3 losses previously, I was very anxious about my pregnancy and labour. I spoke to the bereavement midwife at Worcester hospital. My partner and I were given a private tour of the maternity suite, the midwife was extremely sensitive to our worries, clearly explained the processes of the labour, and helped us to write a birthing plan that met our needs, and helped to ease our worries. As the due date approached, I became increasingly worried, the midwife came to visit to perform sweeps, as I was very worried baby might arrive close to the date we lost our previous baby. I felt reassured, listened to, taken seriously and as a result I was calm during the labour. Huge thanks to the midwife who went above and beyond to help me.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 19 June 2018 using Care Opinion

Worcestershire Royal Hospital has not yet replied.

Impressed gave Accident and emergency services at Worcestershire Royal Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Accident and Emergency

Having been admitted as an emergency by ambulance, I cannot praise the A&E department enough. They treated me well, kept an eye on me, regularly popped into my cubicle for obs and informed me of what was going on. The medics were kind, friendly, made me feel at ease and explained every detail of any tests and results fully. The nurses were equally as good and no request for my frequent toilet visits was too much trouble! The whole team in all the shifts I experienced were dedicated, hard working and extremely professional in what was a very busy time.
Thank you.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 25 May 2018

Worcestershire Royal Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Worcestershire Royal Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Visit to A&E with my son who had fractured his toe

I really feel today I need to comment on the efficient & professional service we received today in A&E. My son fractured his toe playing rugby in the garden with friends. Being a bank holiday my husband and I expected to be waiting with him for hours but was triaged immediately, x-rayed within minutes and reviewed by doctor all within half an hour. Given excellent aftercare advice by the nurse. Toe strapped and discharged with great confidence in the service. Thank you so much, we really appreciate it.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 28 May 2018

Anonymous gave Cardiology at Worcestershire Royal Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care

My mother has just been discharged after being cared for on Laurel one ward. She was admitted through Amber care on 22nd and then transferred onto the ward, during her stay we have been really impressed with the staff and the standard of care received,. You hear so many terrible stories about Worcester hospital but we did not find any issues at all, everyone went above and beyond what we would have expected, thank you

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 31 May 2018

Worcestershire Royal Hospital has not yet replied.

Worried Mum gave Accident and emergency services at Worcestershire Royal Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Far Exceeded Expectations

I write following a visit to you A&E department on the night of Monday 21st May 2018 following my daughters accident with her bike.

I note from the press everyone is quick to complain about service levels, and yes although I witnessed patients in trolleys on the corridors, and a very busy department at the time we got there just before 9pm, I am writing to tell you what a great job your team did.

Given the late hour of the day we unfortunately could not go to another hospital’s minor accident unit as it was clear my daughter potentially had fractured her wrist, and also had a nasty gash to her chin along with very minor cuts and grazes. I note these other units close by 9pm so I had no choice unfortunately.

From dealing with your triage nurse who was very attentive, caring and efficient - to the X Ray team – back to the Dr, and then the nurses who administered the plaster – all your team were first class, and a credit to your hospital and the NHS.

I do want to single out one doctor who I believe may have been an agency Doctor. He was just brilliant, so caring, and considerate to not only my daughter but to my feelings as the Mother worried about her child. He went above and beyond his role – and was just a real credit to his profession.

We left the hospital feeling really cared for, and more than happy with the service we received, far exceeding our expectations. My Mother was also with me, having retired from the NHS after 50 years service just last year, she too was equally impressed knowing the pressures faced by the trust.

You will also be pleased to know we were seen and dealt with within the 4 hours window as well.

This morning we had to return to the fracture clinic, and again just great service from all those we came into contact with – we were seen and left within an hour allowing my daughter to return to school in time for her school exams, although I think she was disappointed it was so quick!

This society is quick to condemn and talk about the negatives, so I felt it was important to write to you to say when it goes well, and hope you can recognise your team in some way for delivering such first rate service in what I can appreciate is very difficult circumstances given the demands to your service.

It was very interesting listening to those in the waiting room – some very open with telling anyone who listened how long they had been there, and why they were there – I found it frustrating and therefore appreciate the issues you are facing in educating society when to use an A&E department to lessen the burden to it – a job I don’t envy you doing.

Many thanks once again to your brilliant team for the service we received, and I wish you well in your pursuit to resolving the daily issues you are facing with the service you are seeking to provide.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 22 May 2018

Worcestershire Royal Hospital has not yet replied.

Lynne Woodward gave Vascular surgery at Worcestershire Royal Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent treatment

I was treated in the vascular department on 16th April.

I was quite nervous about the unexpected and I have to say the treatment and respect I received was second to none.

The staff were very reassuring and kind and after 3 hours in total I was back home in Redditch.

I would not hesitate to recommend.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 15 May 2018