Worcestershire Royal Hospital

01905 763 333 Charles Hastings Way, Charles Hastings Way , Worcester, Worcestershire, WR5 1DD

bonney reviewed Worcestershire Royal Hospital

I was Not Happy

I was told in the letter to be there for 7 am, told to wait in the waiting room, went in to sign consent form, go back in waiting room, waited, waited, about 1 ish go and have my blood pressure etc checked, back into waiting room, waited, asked the sister what was happening, she went down to the theatre no news from them, 3.45 pm a member of staff came up from theatre to get me to sign their form, I asked them if my op was still being done they couldn't say yes or no. 4.30 pm still not had food or drink since 6 pm Sunday night, was told I wasn't having it done, I WAS NOT HAPPY, waited all day for nothing, the sister gave me a cup of tea and biscuits,

Visited in February 2019. Posted on 12 February 2019 using Care Opinion

Worcestershire Royal Hospital replied on 20 February 2019

Thank you for leaving us your feedback; please accept our apologies for the delay in this acknowledgement. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience; we will share your comments with the responsible management team for this service. If you wish to discuss this further or would like us to look into your concerns in detail, please contact us at wah-tr.PET@NHS.net or by telephone on 0300 123 1733; please provide your name, contact information and quote the reference number 38570.

Patient Experience Team

Daniel Calaretu gave Accident and emergency services at Worcestershire Royal Hospital a rating of 5 stars

The doctor and A&E team

I had to wait few hours but I am sure the staff there try their best to please everyone!Very professional staff!Thank you very much for all !...

Visited in February 2019. Posted on 06 February 2019

Worcestershire Royal Hospital replied on 20 February 2019

Thank you for leaving us your feedback; please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in this acknowledgement. We will share your kind comments with the responsible management team for the area so that they can be shared with the staff. If you require anything further you can contact us at wah-tr.PET@NHS.net or by telephone on 0300 123 1733 - please quote the reference number 38568.

Patient Experience Team

James McNerlin gave Prostate Cancer Service at Worcestershire Royal Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Prostate examination

Upon entering Sorrel Suite I was welcomed by the receptionist and cheerfully informed that I was to be interviewed by the doctor. I did have that and was treated with great professionalism by him in which was an extremely sensitive procedure for me and for that I am very grateful. I am satisfied with every aspect of my treatment at Worcs Royal Hospital. Thank you all.

Visited in February 2019. Posted on 19 February 2019

Worcestershire Royal Hospital replied on 20 February 2019

Thank you for leaving us your feedback; please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in this acknowledgement. We will share your kind comments with the responsible management team for the area so that they can be shared with the staff. If you require anything further you can contact us at wah-tr.PET@NHS.net or by telephone on 0300 123 1733 - please quote the reference number 38565.

Patient Experience Team

Anonymous gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Worcestershire Royal Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Pointless

We visited Kidderminster minor injury on the 19/02/19 where upon being seen they couldn’t treat the problem there so we was told they had referred my daughter to Worcester hospital and the ENT team would contact me around 7am to arrange for my daughter to go in and have a bead removed her nose. 7am came no contact I waited until 10 and contacted them ‘someone will phone you between 12-1’ 1 o’clock comes still no contact so I’ve had a daughter (7) with a bead stuck up her nose with no communication from the hospital apart from when we was told she’s to be nil by mouth after midnight she had no eaten since 6pm on the 19th until gone 1pm on the 20th.

Visited in February 2019. Posted on 20 February 2019

Worcestershire Royal Hospital replied on 14 March 2019

Thank you for leaving us your feedback; please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in this acknowledgement. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience; we will share your comments with the responsible management team for this service. If you wish to discuss this further or would like us to look into your concerns in detail, please contact us at wah-tr.PET@NHS.net or by telephone on 0300 123 1733; please provide your name, contact information and quote the reference number 39026.

Patient Experience Team

Josephine Humphrys gave Accident and emergency services at Worcestershire Royal Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Highly unsatisfactory

As an A & E patient admitted by ambulance with suspected heart problems I was put in the corridor with a dozen or more other patients and had to spend a full night in the corridor being moved several times up and down before being transferred to Medical Assessment the following morning. It was caotic.

The nursing staff do the best they can u Der the circumstances it is the system that is at fault.

Blood being taken with mixed up results just not good enough

Visited in February 2019. Posted on 25 February 2019

Worcestershire Royal Hospital replied on 14 March 2019

Thank you for leaving us your feedback; please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in this acknowledgement. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience; we will share your comments with the responsible management team for this service. If you wish to discuss this further or would like us to look into your concerns in detail, please contact us at wah-tr.PET@NHS.net or by telephone on 0300 123 1733; please provide your name, contact information and quote the reference number 39029.

Patient Experience Team

Anonymous gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Worcestershire Royal Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Avon unit 2

I would like to thank each and everyone of the staff on the ward for there help in savings my sister's life without them she wouldn't be here today,to the nurses who went the extra mile for doing her hair daily. They never once jughed us but always made us feel welcomed so thank you all from all the family

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 09 February 2019

Worcestershire Royal Hospital replied on 14 March 2019

Thank you for leaving us your feedback; please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in this acknowledgement. We will share your kind comments with the responsible management team for the area so that they can be shared with the staff. If you require anything further you can contact us at wah-tr.PET@NHS.net or by telephone on 0300 123 1733 - please quote the reference number 39027.

Patient Experience Team

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Worcestershire Royal Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Treated for burns

I attended on Saturday evening after pouring boiling water on my lap and being paraplegic that made life rather difficult! All the staff, the doctors the nurses and the paramedics were wonderful. They were kind a professional and very thorough and although there was a wait it was worth it in the end as I was allowed to go home .

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 08 January 2019

Worcestershire Royal Hospital replied on 05 February 2019

Thank you for leaving us your feedback; please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in this acknowledgement. We will share your kind comments with the responsible management team for the area so that they can be shared with the staff. If you require anything further you can contact us at wah-tr.PET@NHS.net or by telephone on 0300 123 1733 - please quote the reference number 38210.

Patient Experience Team

Anonymous gave Dementia Services at Worcestershire Royal Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Incredibly rude Nurse on Avon 4

I have just returned from visiting my 89 year old mother who has Dementia and no mental capacity. I have Power of Attorney over health matters and feel that I should be her voice as she is unable to defend herself.
Firstly shortly after we arrived moms bed was wet so 2 ladies changed the bed and made mom comfortable. When we went back to her bed a large dirty looking tissue was left on the floor and I could also see a clump of hair on the floor underneath her bed it was very unhygenic.
Secondly, I approached a nurse who came to give mom a tablet as I wanted an update on mom's care
I told her that there were another 3 tablets left on mom's table, she replied that they were from that morning and mom had refused to take them, then added a very inappropriate comment "I can hardly shove them down her throat", my husband and I were shocked. There was absolutely no need for this.
I am really angry and upset, people with Dementia, cannot speak for themselves and a few kind words and gentle manor mean a lot. I truly don't understand why this staff member had such a bad attitude to my questions even before this it was like extracting teeth trying to get an update. I have felt throughout the time of mom's stay in hospital it is very very difficult to pin any staff member down for an update, it's usually I don't know I'm agency staff or ask someone else. You should put yourselves in the shoes of worried relatives, then you would feel how frustrating this is. I feel the only time the hospital want to speak to family is when you need the bed and want them out of hospital.
I have to say my main worry is if this person speaks to family in this manner, how do they speak to the patients in our absence?

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 01 January 2019

Worcestershire Royal Hospital replied on 02 January 2019

Thank you for leaving us your feedback. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience; we will share your comments with the responsible management team for Avon 4. If you wish to discuss this further or would like us to look into your concerns in detail, please contact us at wah-tr.PET@NHS.net or by telephone on 0300 123 1733; please provide your name, contact information and quote the reference number 37639.

John Lewnes gave Audiology at Worcestershire Royal Hospital a rating of 5 stars

First class treatment

diagnosed, treated and discharged all in an hour.
Well done!

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 08 January 2019

Worcestershire Royal Hospital replied on 05 February 2019

Thank you for leaving us your feedback; please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in this acknowledgement. We will share your kind comments with the responsible management team for the area so that they can be shared with the staff. If you require anything further you can contact us at wah-tr.PET@NHS.net or by telephone on 0300 123 1733 - please quote the reference number 38208.

Patient Experience Team

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Worcestershire Royal Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Terrible. They purposely make you wait even when not busy.

Horrible experience. There were only 5 patients, we were the 6th one. The experience was very upsetting as i was waiting with a youngster with a knee injury, they made me wait 6 hours from 12am to 6am, just to give me the x ray result saying he just needs to rest. It does not need 6 hours to provide a report.The receptionist was very rude too. I don't know why us, taxpayers, pay their wages when they treat us like junk. They need to be held accountable for their actions and provide better service. Every time I've been there, they made me wait more than the waiting hours 6-7 hours in total. Once they made me wait the full night because of a misunderstanding they had.

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 12 December 2018

Worcestershire Royal Hospital replied on 13 December 2018

Thank you for leaving us your feedback. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience; we will share your comments with the responsible management team for A&E. If you wish to discuss this further or would like us to look into your concerns in detail, please contact us at wah-tr.PET@NHS.net or by telephone on 0300 123 1733; please provide your name, contact information and quote the reference number 37349.