Worcestershire Royal Hospital

01905 763 333 Charles Hastings Way, Charles Hastings Way , Worcester, Worcestershire, WR5 1DD

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Worcestershire Royal Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Staff are a credit !

Started at Kidderminster EPAU of to Worcester then ended up on Beech B ward.
The staff are amazing, so efficient and caring ! Bloods meds all given on time no delays, everyone knew about me and what was going on. The discharge advice was brilliant.
I was really well cared for the night and day staff where lovely so attentive.
The ward was quite noisy at night mainly chatting staff but that’s all I can say about that.
The HCA’s, nurses and students on the ward are everything the profession should be, the consultants, Dr’s and meds students also the same.
Thank you for making my emotional stay as good as it could be and I have left here feeling better about everything.
Thank you for all your hard work and compassion Worcester has been a much better stay than somewhere I stayed in the Black Country (no names).
Food was lovely ! Shouldn’t moan about hospital food anyway just be greatful you are being fed !

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 20 November 2018

Worcestershire Royal Hospital replied on 29 November 2018

Thank you for leaving us your feedback. We will share your kind comments with the responsible management teams for Gynaecology and Beech B so that they can be shared with the staff. If you require anything further you can contact us at wah-tr.PET@NHS.net or by telephone on 0300 123 1733 - please quote the reference number 37073.

Patient Experience Team

Brian Willis gave Ophthalmology at Worcestershire Royal Hospital a rating of 5 stars

My recent cataract opperation

The friendly, courteous care was truly comforting and as with all my previous
experiences in other departments at Worcs Royal Hospital, I have nothing but
the utmost admiration for the staff and satisfaction for the treatment I have received
there.
My very best wishes to everyone at "The Royal"

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 27 November 2018

Dear Mr Willis,

Thank you for leaving us your feedback. We will share your kind comments with the responsible management team for Ophthalmology so that they can be shared with the staff. If you require anything further you can contact us at wah-tr.PET@NHS.net or by telephone on 0300 123 1733 - please quote the reference number 37066.

Patient Experience Team

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Worcestershire Royal Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic treatment

I was admitted through the A and E department at about 4.00pm,with a suspected heart attack.I was examined,had ECG ,X-ray and blood tests all with around 45 mins .Admitted to Resus ward overnight,then to the Cardiac ward .From here I was taken for an angiogram and had some stents fitted.
All the way through this I had fantastic treatment from everyone involved in each department.
When you are seriously ill the NHS is amazing.
My wife had an operation almost three years ago and had the same experience as me.
We Cannot speak highly enough of this hospital.
Only downside is the Parking or lack of it ....nightmare!

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 28 November 2018

Worcestershire Royal Hospital replied on 29 November 2018

Thank you for leaving us your feedback. We will share your kind comments with the responsible management team for A&E so that they can be shared with the staff. If you require anything further you can contact us at wah-tr.PET@NHS.net or by telephone on 0300 123 1733 - please quote the reference number 37064.

RLL reviewed Worcestershire Royal Hospital

Staff never failed to make me smile

Absolute fab care. Staff are a real credit to the nhs. Had a rough time after a op and the staff never failed to make me smile despite being busy!

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 29 November 2018 using Care Opinion

Worcestershire Royal Hospital replied on 03 December 2018

Thank you for leaving us your feedback. We will share your kind comments with the responsible management team so that they can be shared with the staff. If you require anything further you can contact us at wah-tr.PET@NHS.net or by telephone on 0300 123 1733 - please quote the reference number 37128.

Patient Experience Team

Paramedics who came to assess my son

We are not sure of their names but the Paramedics who came out to see my son tonight and deliver him to hospital were exceptional and a credit to their profession.

Stuart and Rachel

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 29 November 2018

Worcestershire Royal Hospital replied on 03 December 2018

Thank you for leaving us your feedback. We will share your kind comments with the responsible management team for the area so that they can be shared with the staff. If you require anything further you can contact us at wah-tr.PET@NHS.net or by telephone on 0300 123 1733 - please quote the reference number 37127.

Patient Experience Team

Anonymous gave Acute Medicine at Worcestershire Royal Hospital a rating of 1 stars

A catalogue of errors

My sister was admitted with a suspected bleed on the brain. Had an MRI got sent home got called back sorry we shouldn't have sent you home.

Kept in for days waiting to see a neurologist from another hospital no one turned up.

Finally someone arrived and couldn't help. All this time she's petrified.

Then a scan was ordered, then not. Then Coventry were being contacted then not. Then we hear oh sorry no news now as it's fri all drs have gone home wait until Monday. Having had no sleep and really distressed she discharged herself as nothing had been looked at or done for days.

A letter went to her gp with the wrong age and condition on. She's still waiting to have a proper letter so she can continue her treatment with Coventry. She still doesn't know if she had a bleed on the brain a stroke or what. She's 38 she has 2 kids and she's scared to close her eyes at night.

She needs someone to help her get treated..

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 05 November 2018

Worcestershire Royal Hospital replied on 14 November 2018

Thank you for leaving us your feedback. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience; we will share your comments with the responsible management team for Neurology. If you wish to discuss this further or would like us to look into your concerns in detail, please contact us at wah-tr.PET@NHS.net or by telephone on 0300 123 1733; please provide your name, contact information and quote the reference number 36782.

Patient Experience Team

Lauren Partridge gave General Surgery at Worcestershire Royal Hospital a rating of 5 stars

General surgery Recovery and Beech C

Firstly this Hospital never gets the credit they deserve. The staff at Worcester Royal go the extra mile and nothing is ever too much trouble. Secondly I would like to say a huge Thankyou to everyone who looked after me while in Worcester. Staff were professional at all times and even made me smile and laugh through the pain I was in. Keep up the good work Worcester. Lauren P

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 06 October 2018

Worcestershire Royal Hospital replied on 08 October 2018

Dear Ms Partridge,
Thank you for leaving us your feedback. We will share your kind comments with the responsible management team for General Surgery so that they can be shared with the staff. If you require anything further you can contact us at wah-tr.PET@NHS.net or by telephone on 0300 123 1733 - please quote the reference number 36051.

Patient Experience Team

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Worcestershire Royal Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Screaming knee pain

My wife suddenly couldn't bear weight through her knee, so was made almost immobile. After trying ice packs and rest, we went to A&E. Sunday A&E was full of sports injuries, but a wheelchair was found and we were triaged efficiently after a short wait. People were processed steadily by a stream of medical staff and when our place came round, the examination was friendly but thorough and an X-Ray was organised. We felt that 3 hours was a reasonable wait given the severity of the pain she was in if she moved.
Although X-Ray showed no obvious break, a follow-up to a fracture clinic appointment was made for the following morning.
At the clinic, one particular consultant was very thorough and explained the way the knee worked and how it might have deteriorated to cause the problem. Another X-Ray was taken and analysed with us to explain the nature of the problem.
The better detail in an MRI would open up a number of treatment options depending on the extent of the damage to the knee. We felt we were completely across the injury and the treatments that might be suggested by the MRI results when available.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 01 October 2018

Worcestershire Royal Hospital replied on 11 October 2018

Dear Sir,
Thank you for leaving us your feedback. We will share your kind comments with the responsible management team for A&E so that they can be shared with the staff. If you require anything further you can contact us at wah-tr.PET@NHS.net or by telephone on 0300 123 1733 - please quote the reference number 36160.

Patient Experience Team

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Worcestershire Royal Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Staff working under critical circumstances.

Staff in A&E and in AEC work under tremendous pressure and we must all thank them for that,but some improvement could be made to help the patients a little more.Please stop using the foyer to house occupied trolleys,I know it is 4more people not in ambulances but it is cold and distressing to be lying there sick when the doors are constantly banging open and closed against the trolleys themselves.Also more provision for a drink for both patients and relatives clearly signed,the water bottles had obviously run out and I saw elderly patients ask for a drlnk but none ever arrived in 4 hours.The AEC needs to explain what is going to happen as best they can on arrival and have someone who updates patients regularly,they are so busy you do not like to interrupt but it is very upsetting not knowing why you are sitting there for hours.Also many of the elderly patients had equally elderly relatives with them and there was no provision to make sure they could get something to eat easily,perhaps a WRVS trolley would help, and save another person being taken Ill.I cannot fault the staff and their work ethic cannot be faulted but please remember patients are people.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 17 October 2018

Worcestershire Royal Hospital replied on 24 October 2018

Thank you for leaving us your feedback. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience; we will share your comments with the responsible management team for A&E. If you wish to discuss this further or would like us to look into your concerns in detail, please contact us at wah-tr.PET@NHS.net or by telephone on 0300 123 1733; please provide your name, contact information and quote the reference number 36364.

MAVBLE reviewed Worcestershire Royal Hospital

Access to hospital services

One always values good positive feedback. One looks for the good, the progressive, most of all feeling valued as a patient, person and professional....
I am bewildered that one day this week between 11.00- 11.20 am. I was unable to get through to Worcester Royal Hospital. I made 17 continuous dials to the main hospital switchboard tel 01905 763333 none were answered!
Possibly the service was compromised, the staffing levels were extremely light. maybe the staff needed breaks and that was the time period they were taken. Undaunted between 11.33- 11.36 a further 6 calls were attempted.....all failed.
I feel it is a dangerous precedent, my call was either answered by pot luck or not
I feel incredulous

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 29 October 2018 using Care Opinion

Worcestershire Royal Hospital replied on 02 November 2018

Thank you for leaving us your feedback. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience; we will share your comments with the responsible management team for this service. If you wish to discuss this further or would like us to look into your concerns in detail, please contact us at wah-tr.PET@NHS.net or by telephone on 0300 123 1733; please provide your name, contact information and quote the reference number 36529.