Mount Stuart Hospital

Very satisfied

Excellent staff and Doctors, No waiting, on time Very impressed and pleased

Visited in March 2019. Posted on 11 March 2019

Mount Stuart Hospital replied on 15 March 2019

We appreciate your positive review about your recent experience with us.

Rachel squire gave General Surgery at Mount Stuart Hospital a rating of 5 stars

I was treat like a Queen

I had to stay in overnight for post opp 24 hour care, monitoring. I had my own en-suite room, I want to thank all Drs & Nurses For there time & care, I was literally treat like a queen. All staff was so Lovely & caring & nurses genuinely made time to listen and talk to me. There assistance Help & Support was top class. I was made to feel welcome & looked after with care. A lovely clean organised hospital. I actually enjoyed my stay and OMG The food & even service was amazing. Can’t thank you all enough & of course to theatre staff and surgeon who done amazing job, healing well. A million Thank yous to you all. .

Visited in March 2019. Posted on 13 March 2019

Mount Stuart Hospital has not yet replied.

Leanne gave General Surgery at Mount Stuart Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent stay

I was at mount stuart for gallbladder removal. I can honestly say that I had the best team and care that day. From the moment I walked in the receptionist was friendly and helpful. The nurses were brilliant along with the consultants. Two staff members on the ward were excellent could not do enough for me. Your not in the best way when you come around from an operation but there was always someone on hand to help you. I would recommend this hospital to anyone it was lovley and clean. The anaesthetist was brilliant explained everything so it was easy to understand. I would recommend this hospital to anyone.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 31 October 2018

Mount Stuart Hospital replied on 13 November 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment on this website.
I am delighted to read the details you have provided and the recognition given to individuals that contributed to your positive experience.
It is excellent news that you would recommend Mount Stuart Hospital to others.
Yours sincerely,

Gavin Rackley gave at Mount Stuart Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Shoder surgery

I cannot talk highly enough of all of the staff during my stay & procedure.
From the minute I arrived @ 07:30 I was made to feel welcome by the receptionist made to feel as if my care was their sole purpose from the Nurses to the anesthetist, the consultant to physio & not forgetting the excellent food from the kitchen .
I had doubts if a private hospital could deliver ' better' service than the excellent NHS ! My fears have been put to bed & if I ever have to have another procedure then it's Mount Stuart for me.
Well done everyone you should be very proud of yourselves, I for one appreciate what you did for me.
It's a bit 'gushy' but a stipulations of mine has been fixed.
Thanks again
Gavin.R

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 15 September 2018

Mount Stuart Hospital replied on 18 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on your recent hospital experience.
I am delighted to hear your positive comments.
Your appreciation has been shared with all departments and we wish you well with your recovery.

Colleen gave at Mount Stuart Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Care and kindness above and beyond expectations

My husband had to have a hip replacement operation. From the very first consultation he was treated with kindness and respect and was fortunate to have a cancellation appointment date for the operation avoiding an anxious wait.
On his admittance he was constantly monitored and talked to ensuring that he was put at his ease and every step of the operation and recovery stages were thoroughly explained.
Every member of the staff deserves a mention because there was not a single exception to the friendly, caring and cheerful attitude shown to my husband despite the fact that he was an NHS patient.
Obviously the facilities of the room are fantastic and the food equals that of any good restaurant but it is the dedication to the wellbeing and care for the patient that we will be forever grateful for. Thank you.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 29 August 2018

Mount Stuart Hospital replied on 03 September 2018

Thank you for leaving a review on this site.
We do appreciate those that take the time to feedback on their experience.
I am delighted to hear of the positive outcomes your husband enjoyed that contributed to his wellbeing and recovery.
Kindest regards,

Hospital Director

Allison moffatt gave General Surgery at Mount Stuart Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Gallbladder removal and endoscopy

I had my gallbladder out in may so well looked after and professional staff from my surgeon and every one of the staff treated with amazing care and attention really happy with how it went they couldnt do enough for me . I returned end of june for an endoscopy perfect service from my surgeon again and the team were all amazing i cant thank then all enough .

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 08 July 2018

Mount Stuart Hospital replied on 13 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to place a comment on this website and your 5 star rating. The team prides itself on making hospital visits and operations as worry free as possible and clearly that was achieved with both of your visits. I have shared your feedback with Heads of Departments and will continue to do so at the Staff Forums being held this month.

Kindest regards,

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Mount Stuart Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Boob augmentation

I was very disappointed in my aftercare given to me at mount Stuart hospital , some of the staff on the ward were useless and seemed like they weren't even trained properly in boob augmentation after care , for example putting a tray of tea next to me on the table 2 hours after my op , they never poured the tea for me so I ended up doing it and dropping it over the bed !! Bare in mind I could hardly lift my arms surely they should no this ! . Also on my first attempt of trying to use the bathroom i ring the bell 40 minutes later no one appears so have to shout at nurses in the corridors to help me to then be told my bell isn't working 😒Surely they should be checked before the patient arrives ? Had to ask several times for medication as no one was bringing any total shambles would not use this hospital again

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 22 May 2018

Mount Stuart Hospital replied on 04 June 2018

I am disappointed to read of the aftercare experience you had in both the lack of attention and support described.
Fortunately Matron has had the opportunity to meet with you and discuss the points you have raised, which I hope goes some way to providing assurance that we take patient comments seriously.
We encourage feedback as a means of continually improving services and as a consequence of your meeting, agreed actions to refine care provided.
I am pleased to hear you are recovering well and wish you ongoing progress.

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Mount Stuart Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Hospital

Excellent care from all the staff who kept me fully informed throughout my treatment.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 15 April 2018

Mount Stuart Hospital replied on 20 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to place a comment on the NHS Choices website and your positive statement.
Through different forums I have ensured the team are aware of the praise given and I hope your recovery is going smoothly.

Anonymous gave at Mount Stuart Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Total knee replacement in February 2018

I was anxious prior to my operation but on admittance to Mount Stuart Hospital I received reassurance from the caring, very professional staff and my fears were overcome. Previously I had been in intense pain with an arthritic knee but following the operation, although I had normal post op. issues, I knew instantly that the operation had been a success. I have never looked back. The operation has been life changing for me now that the constant pain in my right knee has gone and I have regained mobility in that leg. Three months further on it appears to me that every day my replacement knee is better than the day before.

I received first class care whilst in hospital, the menu provided an appetising choice, I was very pleased with my private facilities and overall it was a straightforward positive experience.

It goes without saying that my surgeon was very skilled indeed, also my anaesthetist was very kind and reassuring. Thank you to all.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 05 May 2018

Mount Stuart Hospital replied on 11 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to place a review about Mount Stuart Hospital.
We do appreciate feedback and I am delighted to hear that the professional, first class care, provided a positive experience for you.
Wishing you an ongoing recovery and enjoyment with your new knee.
General Manager

Steve P gave Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Mount Stuart Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A good experience

Five stars doesn't mean it's perfect - what hospital is? But relatively speaking it's a few steps up from any NHS hospital I've been too. The staff do their best to ensure patients are well-cared for. After some initial problems with communication and deficiencies in their administration I was offered a cancellation slot in a little over 48 hours and (mostly) everything then moved quickly and efficiently.

The free parking is mentioned frequently in their advertising but there simply aren't enough spaces. If you're paying a lot of money to be treated at a private hospital you expect to be able to park on the premises. This is a serious short falling, as is the walk from the lower car-park to the main (and only) entrance, which takes you past the service areas, trash (spread over the narrow pavement) and goods-in. It's not a good first impression.

There are no long waits once you've walked through the door. Staff are friendly and keep a close eye on you from the moment you arrive. The private rooms are comfortable and have large, clean en suite bathrooms. Mostly the bedrooms are spotless but I did note that higher ledges had significant dust - are cleaners vertically challenged, or is it "out of sight, out of mind"?

As mentioned the admin is not perfect, as they had incorrect phone numbers, incomplete patient name and out-of-date GP details. There seemed to be some lack of communication between departments too. I got the impression some of the staff were new, but all of them gave excellent levels of patient care or "customer service". The food and drink, whilst lacking in quantity, was of excellent quality and puts many restaurants to shame. Indeed, staying in this hospital was a far more pleasant experience than 90% of the hotels and guest houses I've stayed in.

My operation was minor and there wasn't a lot of post-op advice given, but aside from an unexpectedly high level of pain immediately after waking up, there don't seem to be any problems. The beds are clean and comfortable although the nice new tables don't fit too well with them, causing a few problems at meal times. The TV reception wasn't perfect but there is a decent Wi-Fi service. There is ample storage, lighting and heating. My room was above goods-in and next to the noisy nurses' station but as I wasn't paying (NHS) I couldn't very well complain. It did quieten down over the weekend.

Would I pay to use this hospital rather than a free NHS one? Yes I would, but I'd want a quieter room with a better view and better decor. I'd pay for the lack of waiting - both in getting an appointment and in being moved through the hospital quickly. I'd pay for the cleanliness and lack of drunks / idiots usually to be found in NHS hospital outpatient departments. Overall, I'm very satisfied and would recommend it.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 03 February 2018

Mount Stuart Hospital replied on 12 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to make comment about the excellent levels of patient care and the quality of food that would put many restaurants to shame.
I am delighted to read that you were overall satisfied and would recommend Mount Stuart Hospital to others.
Clearly there are areas we can improve up on. Thank you for bringing these to my attention and I do hope in the future you may be able to participate in some of our customer related audits.