Chapel Allerton Hospital

(0113) 2623404 Chapeltown Road , Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS7 4SA

Carole gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

hip replacement

I had a hip replacement on 22/8/2017 I found all the staff very helpful, kind and considerate. The food was excellent, I actually put 7lbs on in less than a week!! The ward was always kept clean and tidy.
I can say also that I’m making an excellent recovery thanks to a very experienced surgeon and their team.
I didn’t have to wait long after seeing the consultant, to having the operation.
I really can’t speak highly enough of Chapel Allerton Hospital and the whole team there. Thank you so much.
Carole Deighton

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 06 October 2017

Anonymous reviewed Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital

Waiting, waiting and waiting for an outpatient appointment..

Having been given an outpatient appointment August 2016 my husband had to cancel it due to admission in a different hospital and in depth investigations for a lung problem, which we felt took precedence. In January 2017 his consultant put through another referral. We waited several months and then I phoned the surgeons secretary end June to be told they had not received the 2017 referral. I made phone calls and arranged for the referral to be faxed direct. I phoned a couple of days later, now July, to confirm they had now received it. I was advised that they had. We waited. And waited. Now October I phoned the surgeons secretary who told me that a referral was registered on 9th August. This is not the one they told me they already had but a fresh one sent by our GP. So far I have flattened two phone batteries while holding on to get through to the referrals booking line. Begged the surgeons secretary to intervene and plan to be phoning tomorrow - I fully expect to get nowhere. I assume we are being referred to this hospital because they have excellent elbow surgeons that dont exist in our county. Their admin systems on the other hand....................................................Wondering what the breach period is and how close we came to it before the referral 'dematerialised'.....................

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 09 October 2017

Sally gave Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

The Best By Far

I attended Chapel Allerton yesterday for a scan on my foot, which has been baffling my GP and specialist. From the moment I arrived I found that the staff were really lovely and informative too. The hospital itself was a spotlessly clean and fresh environment which is clearly maintained to a very high standard.
I was only sat for a few minutes before being seen and the doctor was really nice. They told me immediately what they were seeing on the scan, which was nice as after a year of waiting, I was intrigued to know what was going on. They then went off to discuss things with another Doctor and, again returned to explain everything before sending me to X-ray.
The X-ray department was very busy and the nurse quickly warned me that they were a bit behind as they had a high volume of Walk-ins that morning. The nurse was taking names and then returning to let us know where we were in the queue and offering to fetch water for anybody who wanted some. They even sat down briefly with some people and offered them kind words or reassurance.Despite the 20+ people waiting we were seen very quickly and in around 30 minutes I was done and ready to leave.
I knew it was possible that I needed an MRI, but could not imagine just how super efficient the staff here were. An hour after arriving home, I received a phone call and an appointment for the MRI scan in a weeks time .
I could not recommend this hospital any more highly than I do. The staff are amazing and make a visit to hospital a very easy and pleasant experience. Chapel Allerton is a shining example of exactly how our NHS should be.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 09 September 2017

Anonymous gave Rheumatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Long wait for diagnosis

I turned up for my appointment in August to find it had been cancelled, which I obviously had not been informed about. I had taken the day off work to attend. Thankfully I was still seen though later than the original appointment time which I didn't mind. During my appointment I was informed that I had an autoimmune disease but the doctor didn't want to provide any leaflets until they had done further tests. I suspect that's because the illness I have is often present with other auto immune diseases. I had blood taken and also provided a urine sample.

I received a follow up appointment letter for mid-October. I have been worried sick about what my diagnosis will be so imagine my despair when I received a letter rearranging my appointment to December. I am simply not prepared to wait that long for a diagnosis when I am already worried sick. Everyone unfortunate enough to have an autoimmune disease knows that stress must be avoided but it's impossible in this instance.

I immediately called the advice line only for that to be an answering machine service! This is a total joke.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 22 September 2017

Daniela gave Dermatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Treatment / Wonderful Staff - Dermatology

I was urgently referred to see a dermatologist by my GP due to an abnormal looking mole on my scalp (suspicion of cancer). From the moment I had my initial appointment to receiving my results last week, the level of care at every stage has been fantastic and I feel very thankful to all the staff who were very compassionate and reassuring in what was a very stressful time for me.

My initial appointment with the dermatology nurse was great as they explained everything very clearly to me and I knew exactly what to expect going forward, They were also very reassuring and helped me not to panic while I waited to have the mole removed and receive the results.

On the day of my surgery, the staff were very punctual and efficient. They were very thorough in explaining the process to me and ensured I had details of who to contact if I needed to speak with anyone. As with the dermatology nurse, the staff here were extremely reassuring and helped put me at ease.

I contacted the doctor's secretary on a couple of occasions to check if my results had arrived and the secretary was very helpful and friendly.

Thankfully, I received the all-clear last week. The letter I received very clearly explained what they'd seen and was so nicely worded, it added to the sense of relief.

This was the NHS at its best and I'm very grateful for the exceptional care I received.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 26 September 2017

Chapel Allerton Hospital has not yet replied.

Alastair & Laura gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

100% better than private medicine

My wife and I both urgently needed x-rays which the GP had arranged on an "walk-in" basis the day before. We entered the hospital on 31 August and were instantly shown to x-ray where there was only one lady waiting. The x-ray staff were absolutely brilliant, helped my wife to get into a hospital gown with her dressing and undressing. I was shown straight into the x-ray department as I needed an elbow x-raying. The staff were really really nice and careful I can't speak too highly of them. My wife followed me into the x-ray department where her experience was just as mine absolutely brilliant. No waiting and the job done very professionally. X-ray department was not on the selection of departments so put orthopaedics

This hospital must be the best kept secret in Leeds NHS

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 31 August 2017

George B gave Dermatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

The best hospital in Leeds

Lovely supportive staff, always had a great experience at Chapel Allerton Hospital. Particular thanks to the Laser Therapy department!

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 05 September 2017

cazbaz gave Rheumatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Not actually visited yet ----Unacceptable waiting times

I was referred for Rheumatology opinion by my GP 20/4/17. I had an appointment for 3/7/17 which I unavoidably needed to cancel ( booked holiday). I quickly tried to rearrange another appointment but nothing was available via choose and book until August ( no fun when you are in pain and having repeated steroid medications with their lovely side effects!!!).
13/6/17 Appointment was sent to me for Aug 18th @ 9am. Plans made with work to attend this
23/6/17 Further letter received informing me that this appointment has been cancelled and 'we will contact you in the near future to arrange another date and time'!!!
I called number on letter to be informed that I may have 11 week further wait!!!!!
12/7/17 - Back to GP pretty miserable with multiple joint pains. Further steroid course with awful side effects this time. GP expedited my referral
27/7/17 Attempted to contact service to get some idea of when appointment may be because I have 3 day training for a new job which I cannot miss and I want to book a holiday in September ( Patients do have a life!!!) . Guess what..... Automated phone receiving service.
So; still haven't a clue!!!
Friends and Family Test - would I recommend this service. What do you think?

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 27 July 2017

Chapel Allerton Hospital has not yet replied.

Catherine Gibbons gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Exceeded all expectstions

I went into Chapel Allerton on the 3rd of June 2017 for a total hip replacement. From the minute I entered the ward on the Satirday morning to leaving on Wednesday7th June i received such dedicated care from every single member of staff that I came in to contact with. The nursing care that I received was to a very high standard and the support staff always had a smile and were always interested in my wellbeing. A special mention should go to the night staff who worked tirelessly through the night in ensuring that my comfort was their main concern but again this was always carried out with a smile but most of all a professional manner. The physios were so supportive and very kind in encouraging my rehab programme. I was given lots of written information to bring home with me and I would have no hesitation in recommending this ward in the future. Thank you all once again. Even the food was good so no complaints there.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 23 June 2017

Craig Bell gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Superb care givenward C3

Was recently admitted to Ward C3 for a half knee replacement on the 20th june under the care of one particular consultant & their team & cannot praise their team highly enough.
My treatment from admission to discharge was exemplary.
All the staff from the housekeeping, healthcare assistants, nursing staff, physio & ward management was excellent.
On discharge was really happy to be leaving as no one wants to be in hospital, however after a few hours noticed some fluids leaking from my dressing, followed the instructions i was given on discharge & called the ward, I was told to come back in & was re-admitted back on to ward, within 20 minutes nursing staff hadd opened up my dressings & got a doctor to check over everything.
Wound cleaned steri-strips added to stem the bleed, & new dressings applied, the following morning a couple of the consultants team was on the ward early & had reopened the dressings to check on my wound , basically these things happen sometimes? I think it was my fault by bending my knee too much too soon!!!
Was kept in for a couple of days on bed rest!!
The consultant personally checked the wound dressings & was discharged from hospital again!!!!
The professionalism of the whole tea was exemplary & I would gladly recommend this hospital & the team.

The wards where spotlessly clean & cleaned everyday by willing & able staff that would do anything to help you!!!

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 23 June 2017