Westmorland General Hospital

Burton Road , Kendal, Cumbria, LA9 7RG

Chris Lea gave Orthopaedics at Westmorland General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Arthroscopic Meniscectomy (Knee Repair)

My treatment was carried out at WGH as a day case. I was greeted by extremely pleasant and helpful nurses and staff who explained in some detail what would happen and when. I was visited by the anaesthetist who explained his part and then by the surgeon who would carry out my procedure. Everything went to plan, the timing and treatment couldn't have been any better.
So often, when things go wrong, we hear stories of the service provided by the NHS but very rarely do we hear from the thousands of people who receive a 1st class service from the very same service.
I was truly impressed with the treatment I received, with the cleanliness of the facilities, with the compassion shown by the medical team, with the post operative advice, everything.
Thank you so much and well done WGH.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 09 August 2018

Westmorland General Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at Westmorland General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent speedy treatment

My son had broken his wrist whilst climbing. He was quickly seen to, with appropriate pain relief, x-ray, doctor consultation, initial plaster, secondary x-ray and referral to Royal Lancaster Infirmary all being given in 3 hours on a Saturday evening.

Very professional, yet friendly staff. Good standard of cleanliness.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 13 August 2018

Anonymous gave Westmorland General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

urology department

The service I received this morning was excellent. All members of staff were very friendly and helpful. The service was very efficient.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 03 July 2018

Lynn hanham gave Westmorland General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Endoscopy unit

I would like to thank all the on the endoscopy unit how look after me this morning

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 29 June 2018

James MacPherson gave at Westmorland General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

My stay in ward 7

I recently was admitted to ward 7 WGH for a hip operation I was made very welcome by the staff who explained about my procedure very well the nursing staff kept me calm and reassured as did the surgeon and staff about what procedure entailed the after care by nursing staff physiotherapists and occupational therapists was excellent to I can't fault any of the staff I wish to thank you all I feel.a lot better now God Bless you all yours faithfully Mr James MacPherson (Jim)

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 12 June 2018

Anonymous gave at Westmorland General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

I had a very badly sprained ankle/ chipped bone.

.I received excellent treatment, the orthepedic trauma consultant, was brilliant, as were his lovely team of nurses, thank you so much, Lizzy Baker.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 18 June 2018

Westmorland General Hospital has not yet replied.

Tina Woods gave Urgent care centre at Westmorland General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Broken leg 15 May18

I wish to thank all the staff and paramedics who delt with me in the early afternoon of the 15 may 2018. I broke my leg whilst walking in the fells the mountain rescue carried me to the nearest farm where the ambulance was waiting to take me to Kendal. Care in the ambulance was amazing leg kept in a brace and given gas and air. I was seen within 15 mins at the hospital straight into the X-ray room where it was confirmed I had a spiral fracture. I was then made comfortable and seen by a doctor who said the injury needed pinning and plating. He tried his best to get me a bed a Lancaster hospital but couldn’t get one immediately he then went through all my options and I eventually decided to have surgery back home in Surrey. I had serval nurses care for me. I was made very comfortable and a back slab plaster put on and medication organised for my journey home to Surrey. I was operated on in St Helier and am now comfortable at home.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 05 June 2018

Liz gave Urgent care centre at Westmorland General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

So impressed

We went to the PCAS as my son was taken ill whilst we were on holiday in the area.
My son has ASD and all the staff we had contact with seemed to be very knowledgable and empathetic. The service we received was first class and we were som impressed.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 04 April 2018

Westmorland General Hospital has not yet replied.

peter taylor gave Urgent care centre at Westmorland General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

tooth extraction maxfacs dept

I wish to thank the nurses for there care & attention and cheerful attitude which helps the patient

the extraction of a back tooth was extremely stubborn but I thank the
Consultant for his profesional skills in removing the tooth !!

kind regards

PeterTaylor

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 10 April 2018

Westmorland General Hospital has not yet replied.

David M. Benjamin gave Urgent care centre at Westmorland General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A truly dedicated professional environment ...

In my opinion, far too many people are ready to condemn the National Health Service, which I consider both totally unprofessional and a great pity, for the NHS really does an excellent job under sometimes arduous circumstances. They are there to save lives - and it is no exaggeration to state that they saved mine quite a few years ago. With regards to Westmorland General I simply cannot praise them highly enough. They offer a dedicated professional service and, perhaps equal in importance, treat their patients with the utmost dignity and respect at all times - and I emphasise, at ALL times. To a gentleman of the 'old school' this is most important and it would be true to say that each time I have visited, the hospital has not only met my expectations but has exceeded them. I wish to praise in particular one of the hospital's podiatrists. To state that I was in agony due to a foot ulcer is no exaggeration. I could at the time hardly walk without a stick. Thanks to their care, my ulcer has healed perfectly and I feel that her dedicated professionalism should certainly be not only recognised but appreciated by senior management.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 23 April 2018