Westmorland General Hospital

Burton Road , Kendal, Cumbria, LA9 7RG

Liz gave Urgent care centre at Westmorland General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

So impressed

We went to the PCAS as my son was taken ill whilst we were on holiday in the area.
My son has ASD and all the staff we had contact with seemed to be very knowledgable and empathetic. The service we received was first class and we were som impressed.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 04 April 2018

Westmorland General Hospital has not yet replied.

peter taylor gave Urgent care centre at Westmorland General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

tooth extraction maxfacs dept

I wish to thank the nurses for there care & attention and cheerful attitude which helps the patient

the extraction of a back tooth was extremely stubborn but I thank the
Consultant for his profesional skills in removing the tooth !!

kind regards

PeterTaylor

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 10 April 2018

Westmorland General Hospital has not yet replied.

David M. Benjamin gave Urgent care centre at Westmorland General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A truly dedicated professional environment ...

In my opinion, far too many people are ready to condemn the National Health Service, which I consider both totally unprofessional and a great pity, for the NHS really does an excellent job under sometimes arduous circumstances. They are there to save lives - and it is no exaggeration to state that they saved mine quite a few years ago. With regards to Westmorland General I simply cannot praise them highly enough. They offer a dedicated professional service and, perhaps equal in importance, treat their patients with the utmost dignity and respect at all times - and I emphasise, at ALL times. To a gentleman of the 'old school' this is most important and it would be true to say that each time I have visited, the hospital has not only met my expectations but has exceeded them. I wish to praise in particular one of the hospital's podiatrists. To state that I was in agony due to a foot ulcer is no exaggeration. I could at the time hardly walk without a stick. Thanks to their care, my ulcer has healed perfectly and I feel that her dedicated professionalism should certainly be not only recognised but appreciated by senior management.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 23 April 2018

Pacemaker insertion

My husband who has a memory problem ,was a patient in the Cardiology unit overnight 8 March. I cannot speak highly enough of the care we both received from every member of staff on that ward. We were treated with the utmost courtesy and he could not have been looked after any better. Many thanks to you all.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 10 March 2018

Jamès Trainor gave Westmorland General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

AMIS Hip

I was a patient of the hospital, the staff on Ward 7 are truly amazing, they worked so hard the make my stay in the circumstances as good as it good be. One particular anaesthetist was so kind and helpful and professional, It’s only been 5 days but all is ok so far. One particular staff member has been fantastic I’ve travelled a long way to get the surgery as it was recommended that I have him to it

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 12 March 2018

Westmorland General Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at Westmorland General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Minor injuries

Took my 8 year old daughter with an abrasion that I was concerned about. Staff were very helpful, we were seen straight away and the treatment was excellent. I am very grateful to have this service locally and to receive such excellent care

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 14 March 2018

Breast surgery- 21st Feb & 27th March 2018 - Ward 7

I just want to thank the Surgeons, all the relevant surgical team and all the ward staff who were involved in my care during my recent stays on Ward 7. Every member of staff I came into contact with was absolutely amazing, nothing was too much trouble & I felt very safe & confident that I was getting the very best treatment you could all possibly give me. All the staff, without exception, from the moment I was admitted on both occasions, were genuinely very caring & obviously working well as a very well organised team. I can honestly say that I am certain I would not have had any better treatment had I gone private!!! Well done, you all made a very emotional time so much easier to cope with - a very big heartfelt thank you once again!

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 31 March 2018

Anonymous gave Westmorland General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Skin cancer removal on nose

All I had contact with - surgeon, anaesthetist, nurses - were kind and supportive. I went into hospital very anxious indeed and left impressed and much reassured. Results of surgery are really good.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 27 April 2018

Excellent care

I had a partial knee replacement and from the first initial consultation to the end result my experience of Westmorland Hospital was marvellous. All staff, including ancillary staff, nurses, theatre staff, physiotherapists made my treatment more bearable. Procedures were explained and everything that was told to me happened precisely so I was reassured at each stage. The liaison with Furness General beforehand and the pre op and post op care was also very good, especially the physios coming to my home in the first week or two. I would highly recommend Westmorland to anyone.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 24 April 2018

Westmorland General Hospital has not yet replied.

Chris gave Urgent care centre at Westmorland General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

I visited WGH on New Years Eve

I attended the Urgent Care Centre I was treated cordially and efficiently by the receptionist she directed me on with information about seeing a nurse and the waiting time to see a doctor. The nurse saw me very quickly asked pertinent questions and calmed and reassured me.The Nurse Practitioner was excellent she made a referral, gave me a phone number to ring and even rang the surgery to see if the medication was in stock! Thanks and appreciation to you all.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 15 January 2018