Westmorland General Hospital

Burton Road , Kendal, Cumbria, LA9 7RG

Chris Lea gave Orthopaedics at Westmorland General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Arthroscopic Meniscectomy (Knee Repair)

My treatment was carried out at WGH as a day case. I was greeted by extremely pleasant and helpful nurses and staff who explained in some detail what would happen and when. I was visited by the anaesthetist who explained his part and then by the surgeon who would carry out my procedure. Everything went to plan, the timing and treatment couldn't have been any better.
So often, when things go wrong, we hear stories of the service provided by the NHS but very rarely do we hear from the thousands of people who receive a 1st class service from the very same service.
I was truly impressed with the treatment I received, with the cleanliness of the facilities, with the compassion shown by the medical team, with the post operative advice, everything.
Thank you so much and well done WGH.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 09 August 2018

Westmorland General Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at Westmorland General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent speedy treatment

My son had broken his wrist whilst climbing. He was quickly seen to, with appropriate pain relief, x-ray, doctor consultation, initial plaster, secondary x-ray and referral to Royal Lancaster Infirmary all being given in 3 hours on a Saturday evening.

Very professional, yet friendly staff. Good standard of cleanliness.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 13 August 2018

Extremely satisfied, wonderful staff

We came here this morning after my daughter had an accident involving a bruised head, possible broken elbow & hand. On arrival the receptionist was extremely polite, smiling and more than helpful. We then had a very short wait before the nurse who again was extremely lovely came and got us. I had already commented to my partner how kind the staff had been and then both the male doctor we saw, and the gentleman in x ray where both equally as welcoming. Their approach with our 2 year old was fantastic, and they made a traumatic experience all the more comfortable. We are here on holiday, and actually wish it was closer to our home, by far the best hospital service I have ever witnessed from all the staff. Thank you ever so much.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 25 August 2018

Excellent care

We were on holiday in the lakes when my 9 year old daughter had an accident. This was the nearest centre which was about a fair distance from where we were staying. The staff were great was put at ease by the receptionist and triaged quickly. Made sure my daughter was comfortable. Staff kept all patients up to date in the waiting room as to how busy the department was. The doctor took time to complete a full examination. I felt very happy with the service and advise provided and the staff were so friendly.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 10 September 2018

J Madden gave Orthopaedics at Westmorland General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Ward 7

Had a Hip Replacement and everybody from the Surgeon, Anaesthetist, Physiotherapists, Theatre staff, the Doctor, Nurses and cleaners on Ward 7 put me at ease from admittance to the Ward to the day I was discharged. During my stay they were professional in their work and nothing was toomuch trouble. I cannot speak too highly of them all.

The food was excellent and served hot and plenty of choices every Day.

I would highly recommend Westmorland General Hospital

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 08 September 2018

Anonymous gave Westmorland General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

urology department

The service I received this morning was excellent. All members of staff were very friendly and helpful. The service was very efficient.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 03 July 2018

Lynn hanham gave Westmorland General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Endoscopy unit

I would like to thank all the on the endoscopy unit how look after me this morning

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 29 June 2018

James MacPherson gave at Westmorland General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

My stay in ward 7

I recently was admitted to ward 7 WGH for a hip operation I was made very welcome by the staff who explained about my procedure very well the nursing staff kept me calm and reassured as did the surgeon and staff about what procedure entailed the after care by nursing staff physiotherapists and occupational therapists was excellent to I can't fault any of the staff I wish to thank you all I feel.a lot better now God Bless you all yours faithfully Mr James MacPherson (Jim)

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 12 June 2018

Anonymous gave at Westmorland General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

I had a very badly sprained ankle/ chipped bone.

.I received excellent treatment, the orthepedic trauma consultant, was brilliant, as were his lovely team of nurses, thank you so much, Lizzy Baker.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 18 June 2018

Westmorland General Hospital has not yet replied.

Tina Woods gave Urgent care centre at Westmorland General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Broken leg 15 May18

I wish to thank all the staff and paramedics who delt with me in the early afternoon of the 15 may 2018. I broke my leg whilst walking in the fells the mountain rescue carried me to the nearest farm where the ambulance was waiting to take me to Kendal. Care in the ambulance was amazing leg kept in a brace and given gas and air. I was seen within 15 mins at the hospital straight into the X-ray room where it was confirmed I had a spiral fracture. I was then made comfortable and seen by a doctor who said the injury needed pinning and plating. He tried his best to get me a bed a Lancaster hospital but couldn’t get one immediately he then went through all my options and I eventually decided to have surgery back home in Surrey. I had serval nurses care for me. I was made very comfortable and a back slab plaster put on and medication organised for my journey home to Surrey. I was operated on in St Helier and am now comfortable at home.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 05 June 2018