Cheltenham House Dental Practice

01242 513146 Cheltenham House, 30 Winchcombe Street , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL52 2LZ

AVOID

I would not recommend this dentist surgery!
I am registered with them and struggle to get an appointment - they cancel all the time!!!
I wanted to book an emergency appointment but nobody would answer the phone! I phoned 6 times and let it ring out for at least 2mins before someone eventually answered. I got an appointment and had to come from work. I was 6mins late as I was driving round like a headless chicken to find a space. When I got there, the very unhelpful and very miserable receptionist told me that the dentist won't see me now as I was late. I appreciate that they have to stick to their timings but the place was empty?! I asked her for advice on what to do next as I was in AGONY and she was extremely lairy and unhelpful. She told me I would have to wait and phone tomorrow at 8. I told her that I would rather not sit on for 15mins again before someone actually answers the phone and to forget it! Will not be returning. Incredibly poor customer service.
I went to a walk in dentist situated in boots and they were AMAZING. I had to wait just 10 mins and the dentist was lovely. He took x rays to identify the issue and talked me through the xrays. He said I had 2 very 'dodgy fillings' which were not done correctly and this could be seen on the x ray (done by Cheltenham House Dental Practise!!!!) And the root canel had also not been carried out correctly (again, guess who did this?!). The boots dentist is not NHS but I will be returning there as the care provided is more thorough and I feel the job will actually get done! The dentist at boots said the work on my teeth was very shoddy and he hopes I didn't pay a lot for it...unfortunately I did! AVOID AVOID AVOID

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 30 June 2018

Cheltenham House Dental Practice has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Cheltenham House Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Wish I could give zero stars.

This was by FAR the worst treatment (or rather lack there of) I have ever had at a dental practice in my life. I will say first that the only reason we initially joined this practice was because of its high reviews online, I am now convinced that the majority of which can't be legitimate. Please think twice before attempting to join this practice.

I registered with Cheltenham House Dental Practice back in November 2017. At the time I was assured by the desk attendant that I and my husband were both secured as a patients with the practice and they then booked our appointments for three weeks later.

Fast forward to three weeks later and the day before my appointment was scheduled they cancelled it. Now this was annoying, but what was more annoying was that they also cancelled my husbands and neglected to tell him. So he shows up for his appointment (after booking time off work to show up for it) and they end up giving him a half time slot with someone who wasn't even suppose to be his dentist. This should probably have been enough to make second guess our choice but no, we gave them another shot.

Fast forward to today, March 2018. I walk into the practice to book an appointment but they tell me that it isn't possible because I am not a patient (because I haven't been seen) and they aren't taking any new patients. First off, the day I registered they assured me that I was in the system and that I was officially a patient the moment I was entered in. Secondly, the ONLY reason I wasn't seen on my scheduled day was because THEY cancelled the day before. I am thoroughly confused and absolutely livid at their complete lack of care, organization, and professionalism.

I will also note that while my husband has been seen twice, two out of three times were cancelled on him without notice. We will definitely be taking our business else where.

There are many good dentists in the area, don't waste your time and energy on this one.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 23 March 2018

Cheltenham House Dental Practice replied on 02 July 2018

Thank you for your review and apologies for any confusion that you may have been advised, Please contact the practice and speak with the manager who will be able to go through any concerns and look into this further for you.

Anonymous gave Cheltenham House Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Frustrated having so many appointments cancelled.

I booked in for a new patient consultation. My appointment has been cancelled three times now and I’m told this is due to staff shortages, you can understand my frustration as I have had to take time off work.

I will not have more of my time wasted so I will look elsewhere.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 06 March 2018

Cheltenham House Dental Practice replied on 02 July 2018

Thank you for your review and apologies about the cancellation of your appointment, we have some new clinicians starting soon due to some leaving and this has resulted in a few cancellations, if you call the practice and speak to the manager he will happily go through the appointments and advise when the next appointment is available and look to book in for you.

Anonymous gave Cheltenham House Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent

Excellent service. Initially an extremely nervous patient, I cannot praise this practice highly enough. The dentist is calm, reassuring and a complete professional. Booking an appointment to suit my schedule is always easy, even in an emergency. I trust this practise.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 15 February 2018

Cheltenham House Dental Practice replied on 05 March 2018

Dear Valued patient Many thanks for sharing your feedback. We aim for all of our patients to receive the highest quality of care at all times and restoring your smile gives us such pleasure and pride. We are so happy that your results were achieved to your satisfaction and that you felt supported by the team.

Phill. gave Cheltenham House Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Dentist Feedback.

my problem started when this practice opened.
i had anappiontment to have a tooth removed.
the removal was to say a jock,they ran out of tools to finish the job.
i was told if the parts of the tooth left in ,gave me trouble "go to the hospital".
last november i had my appointment to have an loose tooth removed cancelled by the dentist.
this was rearranged for the 5th january.
when i went in and was told the tooth would not be remove,i was there to have it examined,and told to make another appiontment to have it removed and my teeth cleaned.
this was an extra charge .
my next appiontment is for the end of febuary to have my teeth cleaned and the tooth removed.
this will be my last visit to this dentist.
i am told when i move to another dentist that" cheltenham house "will charge my new dentist for my dental records?

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 06 January 2018

Cheltenham House Dental Practice replied on 10 January 2018

Thank you for feedback. I am sorry to hear that you have not had a positive experience at the practice. Please can you call the practice manager on 01242 513146 who will be more than happy to discuss your concerns further.

letdownbadly gave Cheltenham House Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

appalling service

Was given an appointment for 10.11.17 which they cancelled after I waited some weeks. That was replaced with another appointment for 29.12.17 which they also cancelled.. It is incompetent, impersonal and unprofessional customer service. I have, surprise surprise, booked elsewhere.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 18 December 2017

Cheltenham House Dental Practice replied on 10 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. I would like to apologise for any inconvenience and distress that has been caused by appointments being cancelled and am sorry to hear you have registered elsewhere. If you would like call the practice manager on 01242 513146 who will discuss your concerns further with you.

Elizabeth gave Cheltenham House Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Good dentist.

I have been nervous about going to the dentist today. Ive been nervous all night and morning. Ive now seen 4 different dentists since i joined when they first opened and theyve all been nice. I got an appointment which suited me. When i arrived today the receptionist was friendly and the dentist introduced themself to me as i entered the room with a warm smile. It was just a check up but they were thorough and gentle. Everything they were going to do was explained to me. My appointment wasnt rushed which made me feel better. Ive not seen this dentist before but im hoping they will be there for my next check up.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 15 November 2017

Cheltenham House Dental Practice replied on 03 January 2018

Hi Elizabeth,
Thank you for taking out the time to leave a review, we always aim to provide the best possible care for our patients and are delighted you felt comfortable and were happy with your visit. I look forward to sharing your review with the team

3 appointments cancelled...

I have been with CHDP for a long time, always had good service etc. However, over the last year or so things have gone downhill. My dentist has changed 3 times and although I understand this is due to members of staff leaving the practice do not inform you of this so when you turn up for your appointment it’s someone totally different that sees you. I have had my appointment cancelled 3 times recently via text message. When I call to re-book or ask why they couldn’t have rang me to re-book it’s very hard to get through and just constantly get a recorded voice stated my call is in a Q. Customer service is appalling and don’t understand why they constantly cancel appointments and then never answer the phone to re-book. Time to find an alternative practice I think. Suffering from toothache and needing an efficient service not just ignored and appointments cancelled Left, right and centre. Avoid!

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 12 November 2017

Cheltenham House Dental Practice replied on 10 January 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate all feedback we receive as it helps us to build and strengthen our team. I apologise for the inconvenience that has caused to you and I can ensure that the practice manager will complete further customer service training with the reception team. Should you wish to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact the practice on 01242 513146 where the manager will be more than happy to assist you with this matter.

Anonymous gave Cheltenham House Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Frustrating customer experience and zero continuity of care

Waited six months for our family checkups (including the first visits for our children) only to be cancelled on the day despite already being confirmed. After a week of calling to re-arrange and being promised several call backs which haven't happened, we now find out they can't offer appointments after 5pm. Awful surgery, dentists never stay more then six months so no continuity of care. No customer care either.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 01 November 2017

Cheltenham House Dental Practice replied on 03 November 2017

Thank you for your recent feedback. I am sorry to hear of your experience and would like to apologise for any distress or inconvenience this may have caused you. We shall be sharing this information with our Reception Staff in regards to the customer service you received. Please call the Manager on 01242 513416 to discuss your concerns further

Cancelled appointments

I saw the dentist mid 2016 was told to make a ne appointment for 8 months time in 2017 day before appointment it was cancelled as the days a week and not on the day of my appointment,rebooked for the 13/10/17 and 24 hrs before that appointment the dentist has left with no notice,just strange how both cancellations were just before the 24hr notice,their dental practice is such a joke.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 12 October 2017

Cheltenham House Dental Practice replied on 17 October 2017

Thank you for your recent feedback. I am sorry to hear of your experience and would like to apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We try our best to ensure that you are contacted with plenty of notice if appointments are needing to be rearranged and I apologise that this was not the case for you. If you would like to discuss this any further, please contact the practice manager on 01242 513146. Thank you.