Cheltenham House Dental Practice

01242 513146 Cheltenham House, 30 Winchcombe Street , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL52 2LZ

Elizabeth gave Cheltenham House Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Good dentist.

I have been nervous about going to the dentist today. Ive been nervous all night and morning. Ive now seen 4 different dentists since i joined when they first opened and theyve all been nice. I got an appointment which suited me. When i arrived today the receptionist was friendly and the dentist introduced themself to me as i entered the room with a warm smile. It was just a check up but they were thorough and gentle. Everything they were going to do was explained to me. My appointment wasnt rushed which made me feel better. Ive not seen this dentist before but im hoping they will be there for my next check up.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 15 November 2017

Cheltenham House Dental Practice has not yet replied.

3 appointments cancelled...

I have been with CHDP for a long time, always had good service etc. However, over the last year or so things have gone downhill. My dentist has changed 3 times and although I understand this is due to members of staff leaving the practice do not inform you of this so when you turn up for your appointment it’s someone totally different that sees you. I have had my appointment cancelled 3 times recently via text message. When I call to re-book or ask why they couldn’t have rang me to re-book it’s very hard to get through and just constantly get a recorded voice stated my call is in a Q. Customer service is appalling and don’t understand why they constantly cancel appointments and then never answer the phone to re-book. Time to find an alternative practice I think. Suffering from toothache and needing an efficient service not just ignored and appointments cancelled Left, right and centre. Avoid!

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 12 November 2017

Cheltenham House Dental Practice has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Cheltenham House Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Frustrating customer experience and zero continuity of care

Waited six months for our family checkups (including the first visits for our children) only to be cancelled on the day despite already being confirmed. After a week of calling to re-arrange and being promised several call backs which haven't happened, we now find out they can't offer appointments after 5pm. Awful surgery, dentists never stay more then six months so no continuity of care. No customer care either.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 01 November 2017

Cheltenham House Dental Practice replied on 03 November 2017

Thank you for your recent feedback. I am sorry to hear of your experience and would like to apologise for any distress or inconvenience this may have caused you. We shall be sharing this information with our Reception Staff in regards to the customer service you received. Please call the Manager on 01242 513416 to discuss your concerns further

Cancelled appointments

I saw the dentist mid 2016 was told to make a ne appointment for 8 months time in 2017 day before appointment it was cancelled as the days a week and not on the day of my appointment,rebooked for the 13/10/17 and 24 hrs before that appointment the dentist has left with no notice,just strange how both cancellations were just before the 24hr notice,their dental practice is such a joke.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 12 October 2017

Cheltenham House Dental Practice replied on 17 October 2017

Thank you for your recent feedback. I am sorry to hear of your experience and would like to apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We try our best to ensure that you are contacted with plenty of notice if appointments are needing to be rearranged and I apologise that this was not the case for you. If you would like to discuss this any further, please contact the practice manager on 01242 513146. Thank you.

Mrs M T Dolan gave Cheltenham House Dental Practice a rating of 2 stars

Emergency treatmebnt was non-existent

Emergency treatmnent was not available so I have changed to another dental provider

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 09 July 2017

Dear Patient,

We apologise as we did not have an emergency appointment at that time. If you have any further issues with the practice please may you contact the practice manager to discuss.

Papaerk gave Cheltenham House Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellant practice

both my Wife and I had our first appointment in June and are we glad we picked this dentist.
Excellent treatment by very caring staff indeed, putting us at ease straight away with very gentle and caring treatment, it was marvellous, we both came out with a smile on our face it was so good and not hurried at all and with no hard sell for other treatments.... it was how a dental appointment should be, attentive, caring, keeping us informed all the time and above all very gentle and caring with their hands and instruments to make it as pleasant experience as it could be. The dentist is a credit to the practice. Cannot recommend highly enough. well done to the dentist and their team.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 01 July 2017

Cheltenham House Dental Practice replied on 16 October 2017

Dear patient, I would like to thank you for sharing your story with us and leaving such positive feedback for the practice. This is what we would like to achieve with all our patients on a daily basis. I will share this with the team and I am sure they will enjoy reading it as much as I have. Thanks again.

Anonymous gave Cheltenham House Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Told everything was fine. Not the case.

Attended routine appointments at this surgery for several years. Became concerned at how quick the dentist was in assessing my teeth. Booked an extra appointment as I could see a grey mark next to one filling. Was told it was fine. Wanted to believe them, but my concern didn't go away. Now receiving private treatment at a cost of £1,400 to fix everything. Turns out several old fillings are broken (and have been for a long time, thankfully without causing pain or discomfort, but are trapping food debris between teeth, exacerbating inflammation and decay). Wishing I had seen another dentist sooner, as you are only blessed with one set of teeth.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 29 June 2017

Cheltenham House Dental Practice replied on 16 October 2017

Thank you for your recent feedback. I am sorry to hear of your experience and would like to apologise for any distress or inconvenience this may have caused you. We endeavour to see all patients have the correct dental care provided and we are sorry you do not feel this is the case with yourself. We urge you to please contact the practice manager as soon as possible to discuss this matter further.

Martin Tucker gave Cheltenham House Dental Practice a rating of 4 stars

A good dental practice with skilled dentists

I have been going to this practice for over 2yrs and feel it offers excellent care. My dentist is a skilled dental practitioner and always offers good advice before providing quality care. I recommend them and their assistant.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 01 April 2017

Cheltenham House Dental Practice replied on 20 April 2017

We are delighted to hear that you are pleased with the services we provide. It's great to see that our hard work is paying off! I will be sure to pass your comment onto the team in our next practice meeting. We look forward to seeing you at your next appointment!

Anonymous gave Cheltenham House Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Amazing dentist

I unfortunately lost my front tooth . The dentist I saw was absolutely amazing . The dentist was so understanding and professional and went above and beyond to perform some amazing dentistry. Without doubt the dentist made an horrendous experience manageable and gave me my self confidence and self esteem back . I am so glad I found this amazing dentist and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them . I am so grateful to the dentist . One very satisfied patient .

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 28 March 2017

Cheltenham House Dental Practice replied on 20 April 2017

Thank you for your kind feedback. We are delighted to hear that you have had such a positive experience here at Cheltenham House. I will certainly pass your lovely feedback onto the team in our next team meeting. We look forward to seeing you at your next appointment!

Ben Farrier gave Cheltenham House Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Seen very quickly

I was suffering from very bad toothache so I rang the my dentist and spoke to the very friendly reception staff who then managed to get me an appointment that same day.
When I saw my dentist they were very friendly and put me at ease as I do not look forward to visiting the dentist I was a bit nervous but they spoke to me and explained what was wrong and what treatment they were going to do. After I was at ease they filled my tooth which to be honest they were very gentle and I did not really fill a thing which I was very pleased with.
Over all every time I have visited this dentist I have always received a very good service from my dentist

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 10 March 2017

Cheltenham House Dental Practice replied on 24 March 2017

Thank you for your kind feedback. It's lovely to hear that you have had such a great experience here with us at Cheltenham House especially as you are anxious as it demonstrates that we are doing our job right! I will pass this onto the team in the next team meeting and we look forward to seeing you at your next appointment!