Shoreham Oral Care Ltd.

01273 462277 Quality Dental: Shoreham, 29 East Street , Shoreham By Sea, West Sussex, BN43 5ZD

Jane gave Shoreham Oral Care Ltd. a rating of 5 stars

Patient of many years with many years of great service

I have been a patient here for many years and have always received a fantastic service, I noticed by total randomness there were mixed reviews regarding Shoreham Dental and must admit I found it very strange but encouraged me to contribute my experience.

So here goes, I have yet to experience any member of the reception staff or the nurses that have ever been rude to me, quite the opposite, they have always been so helpful. They have always been so lovely and I know I am very very awkward when trying to arrange appointments, they must think I am a nightmare patient.

As I already expressed, I am leaving this review partly because I felt it was important and my duty that people were also aware that in my opinion the practice have always provided a great service and secondly because it is about time I said thank you to Shoreham for many years of stress free visits (to somewhere I don't particularly want to visit).

There was one dentist I become very attached too and was very sad when they left however they have a couple of new dentists there now that are equally as nice.

Keep up the good work and see you for my next checkup (Hopefully not before).

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 07 September 2017

Shoreham Oral Care Ltd. replied on 11 September 2017

Hi Jane,

Thank you so much for your Feedback and thank you for taking the time to contribute your ongoing experience at our practice.

I am glad you continue to experience great care from our Dental Practice, I will surely pass your kind feedback on to the team and look forward to providing you with great ongoing care.

Anonymous gave Shoreham Oral Care Ltd. a rating of 1 stars

Disgusted from start to finish

Staff are rude from moment you arrive, complaints are not dealt with. Treatments not explained properly and overcharged twice. Will not be going back and I would urge all patients to stay away!

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 04 September 2017

Shoreham Oral Care Ltd. replied on 07 September 2017

Thank you for your feedback, I was very sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with our service. It is our aim to always have satisfied patients.

As you have not left any details that would allow me to investigate you concerns, I am unable to review this on an individual basis.
However should you wish for us to review this in greater detail I would invite you to complete our online complaints form, using the link below, we take all complaints very seriously and will investigate yours fully.

Anonymous gave Shoreham Oral Care Ltd. a rating of 2 stars

Not happy, I pay for their failings

My practitioner left the practice. Made an appointment for a check-up, now with a practitioner. That morning, 2 hours prior to the appointment I was called to advise they were ill and would I like to visit another practitioner which I said yes. They examined me advising I required a filling so booked my next appointment for a filling. Then received a phone call saying my appointment was cancelled as my new dentist wanted to examine me. Therefore having to pay for another 'check-up' only a couple of weeks after the previous check-up!

Not sure why I am having to pay for their staff sickness. Not happy

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 07 September 2017

Shoreham Oral Care Ltd. replied on 11 September 2017

On rare occasions a Dentist may be unwell and be unable to treat patients, where possible (mainly for urgent appointments) we will try our upmost to book patients in with another dentist. However as you have not left any details that would allow me to investigate your concerns with more thoroughly, I am unable to review this on an individual basis.
Should you wish for us to review this in greater detail I would invite you to complete our online complaints form, using the link below, we take all complaints very seriously and will investigate yours fully.

Adrian gave Shoreham Oral Care Ltd. a rating of 5 stars

Super Informative with the advice provided

Went to see the new dentist and was fantastic, extremely friendly and extremely thorough with my examination and advice that was offered.
The dentist went through each all my options and advised the costs for NHS option and a private option, they even took the time to go over the difference between the two and pros and cons of each and has left the choice down to me to make.

I have been going a there a few years now and my recent appointment has urged me to leave some feedback which I rarely do.

I dont want to leave out the reception team, so as always they were very helpful with booking me in and advised that I will now be seeing a new dentist. I was nervous at first as we are creatures of habit and don't like change, but was instantly made to feel at ease.

Would always recommend.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 12 June 2017

Hi Adrian,

Thank you so much for your Feedback and thank you for taking the time to do so, I am glad you continue to experience great care from our Dental Practice, I will pass this feedback on to the team.

Jack gave Shoreham Oral Care Ltd. a rating of 5 stars

Amazing from start to finish

Was seen by the dentist at very short notice. The dentist was extremely thorough and gave me a few options to start with. The dentist started by sorting out the immediate issue which was a broken tooth that was raging with pain. Thank you so much, I was actually able to sleep that night.

I was so happy with how gentle the dentist was that I had decided to go back to complete the restoration part and again couldn't be happier. I think I have defiantly found my dentist going forward.

Would highly recommend.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 20 June 2017

Hi Jack,

Thank you so much for your Feedback, I am glad you have had a great experience at our Dental Practice, I will pass this feedback on to the team.

Anonymous gave Shoreham Oral Care Ltd. a rating of 1 stars

Worst dentist ever

No introductions. Dentist was abrupt and understanding friendly. Told to read poor photo copies of treatment available with half the text missing. This apparently was my consultation and discussion on what treatment I needed. When I was asked to sign form confirming I had been informed of prices and treatment which I hadn't. Overall worst than terrible service, don't touch this dentist with a barge pole. I'd prefer to be in agony with toothache then be subjected to the worst service ever

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 11 April 2017

Shoreham Oral Care Ltd. replied on 07 September 2017

As you have not left any details that would allow me to investigate your concerns, I am unable to review this on an individual basis.

Anonymous gave Shoreham Oral Care Ltd. a rating of 2 stars

Not impressed

Staff not friendly, dentist didn't remove mask or introduced themselves. Given dirty goggles to put on prior to examination. Was told to make private appointment with hygienist if I wanted a de-scale. Dentist ticked box on the NHS form to say descale had been carried out.

Would not recommend this practice

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 18 March 2017

James MW gave Shoreham Oral Care Ltd. a rating of 5 stars

Extremely helpful and friendly service

Booking an appointment is fairly easy, although it's worth noting they appear to be a very busy practice.
The reception staff have always been very helpful and very quick to respond to emails.
Have seen a couple of the dentists at the practice and they have both been extremely professional and friendly.
The combined experience means going to the dentist is a little less of a chore.
Would recommend this practice.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 09 March 2017

Hi James,

Thank you for your feedback, I will pass this on to our staff and reception team.

We are always looking at ways to improve our patients experience, including such things as simply booking an appointment and hope to make this even easier in the future.

Anonymous gave Shoreham Oral Care Ltd. a rating of 3 stars

Mixed outcome

No longer offer a de-scale at check-up. Although stated on the NHS website. Instead I could pay extra money for the hygienist to carry out this.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 16 February 2017

Shoreham Oral Care Ltd. replied on 07 September 2017

Thank you for your feedback, I was very sorry to hear that you did not receive Scale and Polish with regards to your NHS exam.
Based on NHS guidelines, this is generally carried out only when clinically necessary, which the dentist would determine at the time of your exam.

We do offer an independent Hygiene Therapy service which is an 'optional addition' which has multiple oral health benefits which many of our patients are advised about.

I hope this explains a bit more, however it is always our aim to ensure all our patients are satisfied with their visit.

As you have not left any details that would allow me to investigate your concerns on an individual basis, I am unable to review the reasons behind this, if you still wish me to review this in more detail I would invite you to complete our online complaints form, using the link below and I will be happy to investigate yours fully.