Appollonia Dental Practice

02380 870066 10 Testwood Lane, Totton , Southampton, Hants, SO40 3AQ

Karen gave Appollonia Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Simply the best

I have used this dentist since it opened in 2000 it's the best, my son now goes there also, the staff are all wonderful kind and helpful, I wouldn't go anywhere else, the dentist has always been so kind as I am a nervous patient.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 19 October 2018

Anonymous gave Appollonia Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Have used this Dentist almost from opening.

I have seen the same dentist from the beginning, he is kind, thoughtful and without doubt the best dentist I have ever seen. When I went there I had a very bad experience and he has a gentle manner that makes you relax. He listens to you. He has given lots of advice and if followed even the worst teeth can be made healthy again! I can only speak for my dentist, although I did have to see another on an emergency, she told me I should not be eating anything hard and keep to soft food, which I ignored! Best dentist in the area.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 16 October 2018

Anonymous gave Appollonia Dental Practice a rating of 2 stars

really let down today

I used to love this practice and would of recommended them to anyone but my experience in the last weeks has been awful. I am very upset by the treatment and care I have received.
No care of compassion or listening to the patient. I have been made to feel that its all about the money that can be made from the client.
I would be interested to know how you know 3 fillings need replacing with out x-rays or investigation. if someone's been in pain all week and telling you somethings wrong why insist on doing a filling on the other side of the mouth.
When a patient is upset do you turn your back on them, instead of talking and listening to what's going on.
I have walked out of this appointment, been told the case is closed and been made to pay. I still have pain in my mouth and another filling that was included in this treatment that I guess I will have to pay again for at some time.
I came out in tears and very upset today.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 22 March 2018

Anonymous gave Appollonia Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

A nervous patient

I use to be a very nervous patient, hated the dentist!!! I became a patient in this practice a couple of years ago, and haven’t looked back. My dentist is brilliant, really puts me at ease before treatment. My last visit was a check up, all was good no treatment needed. However, I have a filling in my front tooth which I am getting very conscious about. So I ask for it to be refilled, get me!!! That is how good she is. My only bug bear is that I can not get my husband in as they are not accepting NHS patients at the moment.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 01 March 2018

Appollonia Dental Practice replied on 06 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review of your dentist; I have passed your comments on to the rest of the team and we are extremely grateful!

We aim to make every visit to our practice as stress-free as possible so it is very reassuring to hear that we have helped to calm your nerves over the last two years.

I am sorry we are unable to register your husband at this time but if you speak to your dentist at your next visit, we may be able to accommodate you.

Tracy gave Appollonia Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Great experience for a wuss!!

I have been with this practice for a number of years and have always been really happy with the treatment I have received.

This week has been no exception. Yesterday I broke part of my back tooth off, phoned straight away and was fitted in for an emergency appointment today. I went in and was made very much at ease, talked through what I had done and what the treatment would be. All the time being asked if I was ok and totally put at ease. I am not a fan of needles or having dental treatment (nothing personal to the dentist, I have always been this way) but although I sit here with a very numb face still I cannot fault the treatment and service I have received from Appolonia, from the smile of the receptionist on my arrival to the lovely dentist and their assistant.

Thank you for a brilliant, professional job on my choppers.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 27 July 2017

Appollonia Dental Practice replied on 11 August 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave such a positive review of our team and the treatment you received recently! I am so happy to hear that our receptionist, dentist and nurse managed to make your visit a comfortable and pleasant one. We understand that not all patients enjoy visiting the dentist and strive to put all of our patients at ease from the moment they walk through the door! Your comments have been passed on to the team and we all extremely grateful for your kind review.

FLH gave Appollonia Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Service and Easy to Deal With

Consistently good NHS dentists are difficult to find so this practice is a beacon of excellence.
Over many years both my wife and I have many horror stories, and this has left my wife with a tangible fear of dentists, and the results of poor treatment.
However, we both have confidence (having been here for two years,) that all appropriate treatments will be discussed with us in a friendly and professional manner.
Highly recommended practice - lets hope they stay as NHS for a ;long time.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 08 August 2017

Appollonia Dental Practice replied on 11 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review.

One of our main principles at Appollonia is to spend time with patients discussing all aspects of treatment planning and ensuring our patients have the opportunity to ask questions and take the time they need to make decisions regarding their treatment. Hopefully we have achieved this when treating you and your wife.

I am pleased to hear that you would recommend us and please be assured that we have no plans to leave the NHS anytime soon!

Sue gave Appollonia Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Dental Surgery

I am now very much retired and I have found that this Dental Surgery is the best in all ways that I have ever been too

The surgery & waiting room are always clean & tidy.
The reception staff have always been polite, friendly and extremely helpful.
But best of all is the superb dental treatment that my husband and myself have always received.
And not only the treatment our dentist & their nurse. They are always so kind & welcoming that it doesn't feel like going to the dentist at all !!!!!

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 17 March 2017

Appollonia Dental Practice replied on 29 March 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review of our practice; I have passed your comments onto the team and we are all extremely grateful.

We aim to make a visit to our practice a pleasant and relaxed experience therefore it is very reassuring to hear that we have continued to meet your expectations over the years.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to seeing both you and your husband at your next appointment.

Anonymous gave Appollonia Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Struck off without a letter or notice

Phoned after a absence but was quickly told when I tried to arrange a check up that I no longer am registered and to find new practice . Dentist I couldn't fault they were very professional it's the reception staff that let the practice down

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 01 June 2017

Appollonia Dental Practice replied on 11 August 2017

Thank you for your comment. I am sorry to hear that you feel our receptionists have not lived up to your expectations.
From the details in your comment, you state that you last visited us in September 2016; patients would not be refused appointments after an absence of less than a year unless there are other circumstances involved. I would appreciate you contacting the surgery directly in order for this to be looked into fully.