Wallingford House Dental Practice

01491 837361 84 High Street , Wallingford, OX10 0BW

Great service & positive changes

A couple of months ago my review would have been different as the reception team were not a happy crew. But things are changing (thanks in large part to new practice manager) and a happier team means better service, and more engagement, eye contact, smiles and friendlier service for us patients. I had some concerns about an aspect of my treatment and the practice policies a couple of weeks ago and spoke with the practice manager and I'm very glad I did. She took time to listen and then explain procedures to me and was very caring and supportive. Went from a worried patient to a happy patient. She was also open to feedback about the service delivered and entirely constructive - a really great attitude. She gave me confidence in the team. Thanks to all.

Visited in April 2019. Posted on 24 April 2019

Anonymous gave Wallingford House Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Happy, but radio should be switched off in reception!!

I haven't been to a dentist for some time without any success. After searching on the web I found this one. So I booked an appointment, I arrived a few minutes early, after giving the
receptionist my name through a rather distracting radio. My waiting time wasn't long.

The dentist was very welcoming and after I explained my problem she began my check up. Having had x rays and discussing further treatment I was happy I came.

Unlike years ago it is such a comfort to know that sterlising units are not used anymore for the dental instruments, my old dentist had one back in the day and it always made me sneeze ( due to the fluid they used in it), he was a very strick person and smoked a lot !!

Thank you for making me feel relaxed and calm during my appointment.,!!!

Visited in March 2019. Posted on 01 March 2019

Richard S gave Wallingford House Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Refeeral

I was referred to this Dentist to have a damaged wisdom tooth removed. I was very lucky to be fitted in very quickly for this procedure to be done and on arrival at the dentist I was met and booked in by a very helpful receptionist and my Dentist Frances explained to me the procedure to remove a wisdom tooth and within twenty minutes the whole procedure was over .I can honestly say she was very caring ,very positive in how she works and very very good at what she does .I am so pleased I went to this dentist to have this done.

Visited in February 2019. Posted on 27 February 2019

Great Experience

I’m new to the area and the Wallingford dental practice was recommended to me, Was very easy to contact the practice on the telephone and speak to an actual human being unlike other systems I have encountered in the past. Very helpful reception staff and booked in to suit my busy schedule.
On arrival the practice is very clean and clearly well managed, again greeted by polite and friendly staff.
Appointment was spot on time wise and was seen by one particular dentist, very in depth check up and some good advice given.
Not normally a huge fan of the dentist (actually who is?) but was made to feel at ease and was a pleasant experience.
If this was trip advisor it would definitely be getting a 5 star review. Great Practice, Highly recommended

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 27 February 2019

Anonymous gave Wallingford House Dental Practice a rating of 2 stars

Feels like an assembly line

I have been to this dental practice twice.

The receptionist remains frosty and unsympathetic to patients. Her speech is rapid and clipped, and is verging on being rude. A smile and some respect would go a long way.

The hygienist is under time pressure and for both of my appointments cleaning was finished well before the 20 minutes I paid for. My first clean was over in less than 10 minutes! Made me feel cheated.

The dentist I've seen is pleasant, although also rather rushed.

Visited in February 2019. Posted on 19 February 2019

Anonymous gave Wallingford House Dental Practice a rating of 4 stars

Great dentist and brilliant with kids

First time to see the new dentist who was fantastic. For the first time in years, my children were at ease with his patient and welcoming approach. He is also very focused and desires to make sure things are done properly the first time. I will be using him again and will be recommending him to all friends and family.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 22 January 2019

Anonymous gave Wallingford House Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Can’t get an appointment.

Took me hours to manage to get an appointment, nobody ever answers the phones, nearest one was 3 weeks away. Attending the appointment the dentist had me in and out in 5 minutes (it was the last appointment of the day and feel they just wanted to go home on a Friday) she told me the tooth that has been hurting can’t be hurting as it’s dead. And that was that. 4 days later I have a very big abscess and can’t get an appointment until 1 month away. Emergency appointments don’t exist, you have to turn up and wait hours for them to squeeze you in. I’m currently trying to switch to a different dentist for me and my family.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 22 August 2018

What An Improvement

It was a pleasure to attend my lastest dental visit and you don't say that very often.. The reception staff were friendly - previously they have been very uninterested. The dentist I saw was friendly and informative, I would have no hesitation in recommending a visit here to any of my friends or relatives. Can't say I will look forward to my next appointment but credit where it is due, things have improved.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 18 May 2018

Wallingford House Dental Practice replied on 21 June 2018

Dear Patient, we thank you for your kind feedback and are glad to hear that you received such great care which will be shared with the team. We really appreciate the time you have spent to leave such kind comments, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Anonymous gave Wallingford House Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

2 days and still you dont answer the phone I need urgent app

I am unable to get in touch because you wont answer the phone

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 23 February 2018

Wallingford House Dental Practice replied on 05 March 2018

Dear Patient,

I apologise that you are having trouble contacting the practice. I am unsure why this issue is taking place but understand that sometimes our phones lines are busy.

Please may you speak to the practice manager when possible to discuss this issue further.

Very happy with dental

The dentist explain to my teeth from X-ray .... they put me calm and relax ..... I was panic but ending is sore and happy that tooth pulled out which i was waiting for short time.....

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 20 September 2017

Wallingford House Dental Practice replied on 27 September 2017

Thank you so much for taking out your time to provide us with positive feedback.

We work hard to ensure our patients have the most comforting experience possible so we are delighted to receive your feedback.
Thanks again.