Coulsdon Dental Practice

020 8668 2607 Rodericks Ltd, 149 Brighton Road , Coulsdon, CR5 2NH

Good caring treatment

I have been really happy with Coulsdon Dental practice. My dentist is excellent, always extremely attentive to my needs and very caring. I've been with the same dentist there for about 7 years now. The reception staff have changed in the last 6 months and it's so much easier to get through to the new team on the phone, though I prefer to make appointments in person if I can or online. You do need to book in advance as the dentists are very busy but I've always managed to get an emergency appointment when I need one. Very happy with the service overall.

Visited in June 2019. Posted on 07 July 2019

Liam gave Coulsdon Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

High Turnover OF Dentists

It's very difficult to arrange an appointment at the Coulsdon Dental Practice. For example, they are currently offering check-up appointments in mid-June. Urgent appointments seem to take about a week or two Also, the Dentists' at this practice tend to leave after a couple of months, so consequently there's little in the way of continuity of care. Finally, and I might be wrong here, I get the impression that the Dentists at this practice are self-employed and largely unsupervised, and the titular owner on the "door", is an absent manager.

Visited in May 2019. Posted on 04 May 2019

Brilliant dentist

Having recently had a strange and very negative experience with a new dentist in Redhill II booked in at Coulsdon and was so pleased I did, dentist was Friendly professional and gave me some good advice, treated me accordingly and discussed a longer term treatment plan with an arrangement to go back in three months, I would highly recommend. Only one thing that lets the surgery down as a whole is not being able to contact the surgery by phone, they have a system where by the phone flashes with no sound and consequently it's not answered as often as it should be. I now pop in to arrange my appointments.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 06 November 2018

Anonymous gave Coulsdon Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

very bad mannered dentist.

Not very nice, very unhappy with they talk to you and how they treat children, especially one doctor in particular. I will not recommend them to anyone and will be looking to move myself.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 01 November 2018

Jacqueline gave Coulsdon Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Perfect in every way!!! ???

My fear of dentists is now completely gone and that’s all thanks to the amazing dentist and such lovely staff too.I felt a very warm welcome from the moment I walked into this wonderful practice.Excellent treatment and such a kind/ and understanding dentist.The dental nurses are great too,not forgetting the wonderful,hard - working receptionist staff??.
I,personally,highly recommend this superb dentist and really can’t thank them enough for the wonderful treatment I have received recently.
I feel so lucky to have found this awesome dentist???.
Simply The Best!!! Xx

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 31 October 2018

Best dentist experience I've had - Strongly recommend

I rarely leave reviews however I was moved to do so by the excellent and professional end to end service I received from the staff at Coulsdon Dental Practice.

I was able to get through to reception on my first attempt and book an appointment at a time which suited me. The receptionist I spoke to was friendly, polite and displayed good knowledge of the practice in matching me with a dentist who would help me with my nerves. I was able to call again and change my appointment time with little fuss.

My dentist was fantastic, he immediately put me at ease and was able to complete the session quickly and recommend future treatment and personal dental hygiene advice. Most important of all to me, he listened. This is a quality which a lot of healthcare professionals lack but one I which makes the difference when receiving treatment.

For the first time in my life I'm not dreading my next trip to the dentist and I look forward to seeing the staff at Couldson for my next appointment.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 04 June 2018

Coulsdon Dental Practice replied on 22 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to comment about our dental practice. I am so pleased you had a great visit at our practice. I will be sharing your comment with the team in our next practice meeting. Thank you again for the 5 star comment.

Anonymous gave Coulsdon Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

One good dentist is the only reason I attend

I am only showing perseverance with this practice due to one decent dentist whom I might add looks continuously stressed out. It must be quite demoralising for her to contend with all of the gripes from patients.

What goes on around this dentist is where the problem lies. I can't remember the last time I phoned through without being on hold for a long time or no one answered at all. I was told emails are checked once a week (!) and only by a manager. The reception staff lack the customer service skills required for this environment and in my opinion need to have a better understanding of the level of care and attention required for their role. Very rarely are the appointments on time and I have often had to wait over 25 mins.

The overall impression is of an unkempt and unloved practice. The waiting room is in need of a refresh, some areas like the public loo are clearly in need of a good clean and I am not used to seeing staff members who don't try to project more of a 'professional' image. Unfortunately don't judge a book by its cover does not apply here as you can't neglect cleanliness in a dental practice. Some 'good' reviews have been left but to be perfectly honest I can't see much to be positive about. The lack of responses to negative reviews from the management team across various review sites inc. facebook and google speaks volumes.
As soon as the family have been through their next round of check ups I will leave.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 16 May 2018

Coulsdon Dental Practice replied on 22 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review the service we provide, we take all feedback very seriously and we constantly look to improve our services. I'm sorry to hear about the experience you had with us. We will be looking into this matter further.

Anonymous gave Coulsdon Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Fulfil promises to customers / cater for volume of calls.

Just the simple request for a receipt to be emailed to me is a hassle. You have an online booking system and give me email about my appointment. How can this be a long winded task? Get promised it will be emailed to me, by the Manager (who can only approve an email apparently) then was not fulfilled. Having to ask a second time now which obviously means being put on hold every time i call the dentist. Technology is evolving, get with the times! Even clothes shops email receipts now.

Three bits of advice - answer phone calls, get more members of reception staff to handle volume other than sitting around chatting and fulfil promises to customers.

No problem with treatment and dental nurse, just the admin staff are lacking a lot - experience needed.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 19 April 2018

Coulsdon Dental Practice replied on 04 June 2018

Thank for you taking the time to share your experience with us. We are very sorry to hear that your experience here at Coulsdon Dental Practice that you were not fully satisfied, We apologies for the inconvenience caused in regards to your receipt being emailed over. As we strive to ensure our services are delivered to high standards at all times and we are very sad to learn this was not met on this occasion for you.

Wow!

Fantastic dentist very kind and highly skilled!

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 19 April 2018

Coulsdon Dental Practice replied on 10 May 2018

Jack s gave Coulsdon Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Great NHS dentist

Excellent dentist, always book at surgery reception, staff very helpful and professional. Would recommend best NHS dentist I have been to.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 18 April 2018

Coulsdon Dental Practice replied on 04 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to comment about our dental practice. I am so pleased you had a great visit to our practice. I will be sharing your comment with the team in our next practice meeting. Thank you.