Swadlincote Dental Practice

01283 219221 Blueberry Worx, Blueberry Way, Woodville , Swadlincote, Derbyshire, DE11 7GX

Juicy gave Swadlincote Dental Practice a rating of 3 stars

The Receptionist stops 5 star reviews

I first visited the practice to enquire about treatment, I had had toothache in upper and lower jaws for 6 weeks and it came to desperation that I couldn't get treatment.

The receptionist role is to be on the front line, the first person the public see or speak to, customer service should be excellent - the receptionist at the practice gets this very wrong indeed. I can understand there is an element of filtering required but being rude, obstructive and accusatory is not at all good. I would recommend this person goes to bed early and before going to sleep, reflects on the interactions during the day, maybe consider if there were any situations that may have been dealt with differently. Also, maybe imagine how they may feel or react to bad customer service and why people praise the dentists on here but not the receptionist.

Having said all that, I did observe that whilst they were incredibly rude to me, they were fairly nice to 'established' patients. Once I had been seen by a dentist, they did seem better ... I would say that this initial attitude is not necessary and a moderation would transform the reviews and the first impressions.

Onto the dentists - the one I saw was very 'quick'. As long as the treatment received as an NHS patient is the same as if I was a private patient then it's all good. Time will tell. However it's interesting to note how the practice website talks of private patients having longer appointments and a rapport being built with the dentist - surely everyone appreciates a rapport, we are not cattle. Some people cannot afford the dental work that is sometimes needed, that doesn't make them lesser people, we are all the same, from a prince to a pauper. You can bet if roles were reversed, lets say the dental staff have a plumbing emergency or a fire, they would not like to receive a different service or have to wait, they would expect the same service from me as I would give to anyone.

I had some work done, I would appreciate being told what they were going to do and gain my agreement and allow some input - it's not just a case of I open my mouth and they do what they want. First - discuss, second - gain agreement, third - carry out work and finally - make sure its satisfactory and there are no problems.

The difference between NHS appointment and private appointment? You tell me, I really hope the work is of the same standard and corners are not cut. I'm not sure yet.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 08 September 2017

Anonymous gave Swadlincote Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Rude recrptionist

First time at this dentist. I found both of the receptionists rude and stroppy. I asked when my 6 month old could/should see a dentist as she has teeth coming through and was told 18 months. When I asked what would happen if there was a problem could I bring her in. The response was that they can't do anything about teething and that She wouldn't have any problems. Their attitude was unhelpful and very rude.
As a new mum and with with terrible advice from reception, I spoke to the dentist about my concerns. The dentist was very apologetic and explained what I needed to know.
The service from the dentist and dental nurse was fantastic. I had a few questions about my teeth and didn't feel pressured to hurry up and leave.
If it wasn't for the poor reception staff then this would be a 5 star review

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 29 August 2017

Emma bishop gave Swadlincote Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Great dentist, very helpful, put me at ease

Been at this dentist a little while Now, always found them really helpful. Recently I booked in to have a bridge fitted and it turned out my lab work wasn't back when i arrived for my appointment as it the ticket with my details on had got wet. The receptionist was so helpful getting me booked back in as soon as possible, and went above and beyond to help.
I've also on other occasions delt with the other receptionists and found them all to be so helpful, also the other dentist I've seen really put me at ease, as I'm a nervous patient. I would recommend this dental practice without a doubt.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 12 August 2017

Anonymous gave Swadlincote Dental Practice a rating of 3 stars

attended with daughter on 13/07/17

I was very pleased with my daughters dentist and the dentists assistant, when we first arrived the receptionists came across as rude discussing patients cancelling appointments and eating biscuits which i thought was very unprofessional and disrespectful towards me and my children. Attended appointment upstairs where they reassured my daughter explained the treatment and were very friendly towards my other children made us all feel comfortable. Then we came downstairs to rebook for 6 months and one of my children noticed a friend so greeted her excitedly and the glares my children got from the reception made me feel disappointed and angry children are lively and she was only greeting her friend I scheduled next appointment and left. This has not been the first occasion of me and my children feeling uncomfortable coming to the practise if it wasn't for the fantastic service the dentist and dental assistants give I would take my children elsewhere.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 27 July 2017

Clare haywood gave Swadlincote Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

tooth extraction

Went in for a tooth extraction, Which ended up a little more complicated than first thought for, but the dentist and their assistant were amazing and the aftercare was second to none, from reception to the dentist chair and even when I went home I felt completely reassured. thank you

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 09 July 2017

Anonymous gave Swadlincote Dental Practice a rating of 4 stars

Professional care from Dentist and nurse

Extremely impressed by the care I received from the dentist we saw at our appointment. Nice modern, clean practice. The person who greeted us on reception was lovely and gave us a warm welcome. Our dentist was so friendly yet professional and exceeded our expectations. The dental nurse went above and beyond with my toddler and made her feel at ease (they even made a puppet out of a glove and drew a face on it, then gave her a sticker which made her smile! The nurse was fab, thank you). Very happy with the professionalism and care from both of them. Not so impressed by the way I was spoken to at reception by another member of staff when trying to book an appointment for treatment. Made to feel really stupid for not being aware of "practice protocol" regarding payment upfront of future treatments and not being able to book until having done so. As the card machine wasn't working I had no other form of payment on me, then being told curtly "well you've signed the terms and conditions" then having them wafted in front of me was quite embarrassing, especially in front of other patients. I was also questioned when I said I wasn't sure when to book the treatment (misunderstanding on their part as they thought I meant I was refusing to have the treatment). I'm perfectly aware that I signed many sheets of paper, however my little girl was quite unwell at the time so I was trying to console her as well as trying to read and fill in numerous forms, so I apologise if I missed anything and didn't take everything in. I'm new to the practice and I think a bit of patience and empathy would've helped the situation. I'm sorry if I appeared stupid. I left feeling a little upset by this encounter but apart from that I would certainly recommend this practice.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 04 July 2017

Anonymous gave Swadlincote Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Visit

I was very nervous at first but the Dentist gave me plenty of reassurance of the treatment.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 19 June 2017

Rebecca Dooner gave Swadlincote Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent

I am a very nervous patient and the practice are brilliant. The Dentist and the Dental nurses always put me a ease. They are brilliant.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 16 June 2017

C. Burton gave Swadlincote Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Dentist

Excellent professional service.
Friendly and information clearly shared.
Super team all round.
Kids have no fear of dentist.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 09 June 2017

Mark Cashmore gave Swadlincote Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Recent visit

Been a patient for many years now with the same dentist. The dentist is excellent and very friendly. Would highly recommend them.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 10 May 2017