Swadlincote Dental Practice

01283 219221 Blueberry Worx, Blueberry Way, Woodville , Swadlincote, Derbyshire, DE11 7GX

Donna Reid gave Swadlincote Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

brilliant family dentist

I've visited several times for myself and three under 5's. The receptionists have always been helpful and polite and really try to accommodate appointment time preferences. My 5 year old had a knock to a tooth and I had to call for advice. The receptionist made sure she was seen within a few days. Our dentist, Ali and dental nurse are brilliant with nervous adults (my partner!) and the children. At one appointment I had to hold my 3 week old on my lap as she was suffering with reflux and the team were really accommodating thank you! My kids love coming in to such a warm and welcoming place. Thank you! :D

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 04 April 2018

Anonymous gave Swadlincote Dental Practice a rating of 2 stars

Receptionists are RUDE

The services from the dentists and assistants we received in the years that we were registered there were really good. The main thing that was a let down was the attitude of the receptionists, particularly one of them. She did not smile at all and how she talked to me and my husband was always in a rude way. She looked miserable and did not seem to be happy talking to patients. She has been ( probably still is) there a very long time though.

The reason why we left the practice is because of the rude receptionists.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 19 March 2018

Anonymous gave Swadlincote Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Not accepting new patients

Booked an appointment online as a new patient, had confirmation emails and texts. Few hours later another text message saying they had cancelled my appointment and to ring them.
Rang them, got a very rude receptionist saying it was my fault they cancelled the appointment because i had picked a certain dentist who was now leaving and they are not accepting new patients till June.
Cheers for that

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 14 March 2018

Paul Lancaster gave Swadlincote Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Dentist and Staff

Of all of the Dentists I have been, this is by far the best Dentist I have ever been to.
Excellent staff and Dentist.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 12 February 2018

Swadlincote Dental Practice replied on 05 March 2018

I am very happy to hear you think we are the best Dentist. Thank you for leaving a kind review and we loom forward to seeing you at your next appointment.

Sean O'Toole gave Swadlincote Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding professional service

I had to have an emergency extraction. My dentist gave up their lunch break to deal with a very tricky procedure. As a diabetic they made sure that I had antibiotics and gave me excellent advice about aftercare. My dentist is the consummate professional. In my routine appointments they have given me excellent advice about oral hygiene and prescribes a toothpaste that has helped to protect my teeth. My dentist represents what is best about the NHS

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 29 November 2017

Swadlincote Dental Practice replied on 09 January 2018

Dear patient, I would like to thank you for sharing your story with us and leaving such positive feedback for our practice. This level of care is what we strive to achieve with all our patients on a daily basis. I will share this with the team and I am sure they will enjoy reading it as much as I have. Thanks again.

tracey humphries gave Swadlincote Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Great Dental Surgery

The dentist is lovely and all staff were friendly and sensitive to my nerves. Absolutely no complaints. Five star service.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 24 November 2017

Swadlincote Dental Practice replied on 09 January 2018

Thank you for this kind review, i'm glad you find we provide a Five star service.

Juicy gave Swadlincote Dental Practice a rating of 3 stars

The Receptionist stops 5 star reviews

I first visited the practice to enquire about treatment, I had had toothache in upper and lower jaws for 6 weeks and it came to desperation that I couldn't get treatment.

The receptionist role is to be on the front line, the first person the public see or speak to, customer service should be excellent - the receptionist at the practice gets this very wrong indeed. I can understand there is an element of filtering required but being rude, obstructive and accusatory is not at all good. I would recommend this person goes to bed early and before going to sleep, reflects on the interactions during the day, maybe consider if there were any situations that may have been dealt with differently. Also, maybe imagine how they may feel or react to bad customer service and why people praise the dentists on here but not the receptionist.

Having said all that, I did observe that whilst they were incredibly rude to me, they were fairly nice to 'established' patients. Once I had been seen by a dentist, they did seem better ... I would say that this initial attitude is not necessary and a moderation would transform the reviews and the first impressions.

Onto the dentists - the one I saw was very 'quick'. As long as the treatment received as an NHS patient is the same as if I was a private patient then it's all good. Time will tell. However it's interesting to note how the practice website talks of private patients having longer appointments and a rapport being built with the dentist - surely everyone appreciates a rapport, we are not cattle. Some people cannot afford the dental work that is sometimes needed, that doesn't make them lesser people, we are all the same, from a prince to a pauper. You can bet if roles were reversed, lets say the dental staff have a plumbing emergency or a fire, they would not like to receive a different service or have to wait, they would expect the same service from me as I would give to anyone.

I had some work done, I would appreciate being told what they were going to do and gain my agreement and allow some input - it's not just a case of I open my mouth and they do what they want. First - discuss, second - gain agreement, third - carry out work and finally - make sure its satisfactory and there are no problems.

The difference between NHS appointment and private appointment? You tell me, I really hope the work is of the same standard and corners are not cut. I'm not sure yet.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 08 September 2017

Swadlincote Dental Practice replied on 15 January 2018

Thank you for your review. We value all patient feedback and use this as a way of improving our service.

I am very sorry that you found the receptionist to be rude and abrupt, this is something we will be reviewing. I am also very sorry that you felt that the dentist rushed your visit and that you were not treated as you would have liked to have been treated. I would like to explain that we do not offer private examinations and therefore you would not have received a longer examination having paid privately, we can however offer private treatments if a patient wanted a material or treatment which is not available through the NHS, and as these appointments cost patients significantly more than a NHS price, they will experience longer appointment times.

I would very much appreciate an opportunity to look into your comments and discuss your concerns. Please could I ask you to contact the practice manager at your earliest convenience. Thank you again for leaving this comment.

Anonymous gave Swadlincote Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Rude recrptionist

First time at this dentist. I found both of the receptionists rude and stroppy. I asked when my 6 month old could/should see a dentist as she has teeth coming through and was told 18 months. When I asked what would happen if there was a problem could I bring her in. The response was that they can't do anything about teething and that She wouldn't have any problems. Their attitude was unhelpful and very rude.
As a new mum and with with terrible advice from reception, I spoke to the dentist about my concerns. The dentist was very apologetic and explained what I needed to know.
The service from the dentist and dental nurse was fantastic. I had a few questions about my teeth and didn't feel pressured to hurry up and leave.
If it wasn't for the poor reception staff then this would be a 5 star review

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 29 August 2017

Swadlincote Dental Practice replied on 15 January 2018

Thank you for your review. We value all feedback received.
I am very sorry to hear that you were unhappy with service at our practice. This is something we pride ourselves on and strive to get right. If you wish to discuss this with me, please contact the practice and ask to speak with the manager. Thank you.

Emma bishop gave Swadlincote Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Great dentist, very helpful, put me at ease

Been at this dentist a little while Now, always found them really helpful. Recently I booked in to have a bridge fitted and it turned out my lab work wasn't back when i arrived for my appointment as it the ticket with my details on had got wet. The receptionist was so helpful getting me booked back in as soon as possible, and went above and beyond to help.
I've also on other occasions delt with the other receptionists and found them all to be so helpful, also the other dentist I've seen really put me at ease, as I'm a nervous patient. I would recommend this dental practice without a doubt.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 12 August 2017

Swadlincote Dental Practice replied on 11 January 2018

Anonymous gave Swadlincote Dental Practice a rating of 3 stars

attended with daughter on 13/07/17

I was very pleased with my daughters dentist and the dentists assistant, when we first arrived the receptionists came across as rude discussing patients cancelling appointments and eating biscuits which i thought was very unprofessional and disrespectful towards me and my children. Attended appointment upstairs where they reassured my daughter explained the treatment and were very friendly towards my other children made us all feel comfortable. Then we came downstairs to rebook for 6 months and one of my children noticed a friend so greeted her excitedly and the glares my children got from the reception made me feel disappointed and angry children are lively and she was only greeting her friend I scheduled next appointment and left. This has not been the first occasion of me and my children feeling uncomfortable coming to the practise if it wasn't for the fantastic service the dentist and dental assistants give I would take my children elsewhere.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 27 July 2017

Swadlincote Dental Practice replied on 15 January 2018

Thank you for your review of our practice. We appreciate all feedback received.
I was pleased to read that you had a good experience from the dentist and nurse, but am disappointed that you did not find this level of service from the receptionist.
Please feel free to contact the practice manager to discuss this matter further.
Thank you.