Grange Park Dental Practice

01604 677576 Wilks Way, Grange Park , Northampton, NN4 5DW

8 months pregnant left in total agony

Came to grange park to have a temporary filling replaced that had been done there in sept 2018 struggled to get an appointment at first but they managed to get me in on an emergency appointment 15th feb 2019 was told to arrive at 1:30 but could be a long wait which I didn’t mind as was in a lot of pain was just happy I had got in.
Got seen roughly around 3pm explained to the dentist that I had come in at 14 weeks pregnant with tooth ache she had examined me and advised I needed a filling however she explained due to being pregnant couldn’t have a proper filling as could not numb be but she would do a temporary filling and to just keep an eye on it if it came loose or lost come back and she will re fill as soon as I have the baby she will do a proper filling she said ok yes I remember. I made it very very very clear I was in a lot of pain she said she would numb me as she can’t do anything without numbing 3 seriously seriously painful injections later she began to drill again I made it clear I was not in any way numb I was in a lot of pain she continued to drill hit a nerve and I screamed and said I’m telling you your really hurting me she said please don’t jump I could cut you?? She then said I can see you have any infection that’s why it’s so painful let me try and numb again I honestly have never felt pain like it when she went to re numb I screamed and said please stop. The dentist then said there’s nothing I can really do until the infection has gone gave me a prescription for antibiotics and said come back in 4-5 days and infection will be gone hopefully and we will be able to actually numb you I said I’m in agony here an I going to be in this pain all weekend she said probably but if it gets to bad just call 111 they may just put you under and do the procedure??????? Go out to reception can barely speak as I’m in so much pain advise need appointment in 4 days to be told cant be fitted in until 25th March???? Over 5 weeks away bearing in mind my baby is due 23rd March in the mean time I had been on the waiting list at bridge dental and they had made me an appointment for 5th March I did say this to grange park and was told ah well we can’t get you in so just wait for that appointment as they will see you before us - so 8 months pregnant I’ve been left in pain no follow up appointment and in total distress as I’m in so much pain now thankfully I’ve got an emergency appointment with bupa this afternoon to try and sort the mess out that grange park have created the bupa dentist can’t believe I’ve been left with no follow up appointment no compassion that I can’t take anything stronger then paracetamol and a hole in my tooth that’s just been left open with an infection I can honestly say I will never ever return to grange park again I joined here as was struggling to get in with a previous dentist and had heard was good absolutely not!!! Only saving grace is the reception ladies are lovely

Visited in February 2019. Posted on 16 February 2019

ian menzies gave Grange Park Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Superb service level

Had a problem with a filling that had broken over the weekend.

Called first thing Monday morning to see whether I could make an appointment.

Very pleasant receptionist managed to make an appointment for 11.30 that morning.

Arrived at 11.15, seen immediately. Dentist was excellent and a good communicator. Immediately gave me a new filling and treatment was finished by 11.30.

Great all round service.

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 14 January 2019

Grange Park Dental Practice replied on 21 January 2019

Ian,

We're glad you received good service from our team after your broken filling.

Grange Park Dental

Totally Unprofessional!

If you're looking to register as an NHS patient then I would give the Grange Park Dental Practice a swerve as their registration process barely exists and their treatment of prospective patients is appaling.

I visited the practice in January to enquire if they were accepting new NHS patients. They said they were and I completed the necessary paperwork there and then. I was told to expect a call to make my initial appointment in a few days.

After two weeks and having heard nothing I then visited the practice again to enquire as to progress at which point my form was located from a pile on a shelf behind reception and the young lady set me up there and then. I was given a date at the beginning of April - itself an overlong wait - for my initial appointment.

Having waited patiently I then received a text a few days before my scheduled appointment to cancel it saying that Grange Park were no longer accepting new patients. A text, not a call, just a text.

I've now registered with a practice who know how to treat people properly and I would recommend anyone else with similar requirements to do likewise!

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 25 July 2018

Joan Beezley gave Grange Park Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Appointment times

I am extremely satisfied with the Dentist and the treatment that he provides.

My concern is regarding the follow up services, I received a text reminder and a phone call To remind me that my check up was due and to call the surgery to book for an appointment.
The messages came in at the end on APRIL and when contacting the surgery the next available appointment was in AUGUST , if it takes 3/ 4 months to get an appointment then the reminders should be sent out 3/4 momths in advance.

When directed to the web site to book an appointment it then says no appointment s available contact the surgery, why direct patient to a web page that clearly cannot cope with any bookings, ???

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 30 April 2018

Anonymous gave Grange Park Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Unhelpful email

my Son was due to have his appointment today at 9.30 am, at 9.48 I received an email which clearly showed that he had failed to attend, I immediatly contacted my son asking him why he did not show for his appointment, he said he had attended. Why oh why did I receive an email stating he did not, it created a bit of a family situation. An explanation would be helpful.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 27 April 2018

Very dissatisfied

I have been waiting for 10 months for an appointment for my children with every one booked cancelled by the surgery. When I requested to book another appointment I was informed they now only have one dentist so I will no longer be able to have an appointment.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 24 April 2018

Preethika Rahim gave Grange Park Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Big thank you

I would like to say big thank you to all the staff at grange park dental practice, especially my dentist. He is very caring and well mannered. Just wanted to let you know how pleased I am to have him as my dentist and hope he will stay there for long run.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 23 April 2018

Sue Brant gave Grange Park Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Perfect for nervous patients.

After over 30 years with my old dentist, I didn’t think I would find another who was so good.
The reception staff were welcoming and ensured I completed all the paperwork correctly.
My dentist today was wonderful, taking the time to welcome me and introduce himself and his assistant.
He took me through all the procedures and was very professional at all times.
I felt completely at ease and was very satisfied with my appointment and the outcome of my dental assessment.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 21 March 2018

Grange Park Dental Practice replied on 26 June 2018

Thank you so much for taking out your time to provide us with positive feedback. We work hard to ensure our patients have the most comforting experience possible so we are delighted to receive your feedback. Thank you again.

Anonymous gave Grange Park Dental Practice a rating of 2 stars

cancellations

Having just received another text message to state that our appointment has been cancelled AGAIN...im extremly cross about this. Neither myslef nor my children have seen a dentist at this practice for over a year as they keep cancelling! When you do try to rebook you have to wait another four months to get a appointment after school! Then to top
it off i recieve a automated email the same day as the cancellation to say we are over due an appointment!"

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 14 March 2018

Grange Park Dental Practice replied on 26 June 2018

Your feedback is very important to us.

We take feedback very seriously. We will be investigating this further to prevent anything like this from happening again.

Anonymous gave Grange Park Dental Practice a rating of 3 stars

Needs improvements

Although the dental work was carried out professionally, the interaction between dentist and patient was not good. The dentist appeared to be very shy and did not create a positive and welcoming atmosphere. Apart from calling out the names the dental assistant was totally silent and offered no help. But the worst were the reception staff who appeared to be totally indifferent and were not welcoming at all. I suggest they are in serious need of some training. This is not helped by the fact that the receptionists are half hidden behind a tall shelf.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 18 November 2017

Grange Park Dental Practice replied on 26 June 2018

First of all I would like to apologise for your poor experience with our reception team. We take all feedback very seriously and please be assured that we will be investigating this and putting in place the appropriate training and monitoring to ensure that this does not happen again. Should you wish to discuss this matter further then please contact the Practice Manager directly. Once again, please accept our sincere apologies.