Mackworth Dental Practice

01332 380490 35 Humbleton Drive, Mackworth , Derby, Derbyshire, DE22 4AU

Anonymous gave Mackworth Dental Practice a rating of 2 stars

Poor service.

Happens all the time, you just don't seem to be able to get in contact, this time, 8 plus minutes before I hung up. Really, really, poor and rude reception. And its them that sent me a voucher to get in contact with them.

Visited in May 2019. Posted on 29 July 2019

Anonymous gave Mackworth Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Surgery always cancels appointments on the day!!!

My family were all registered at this dentist until my daughter left after having her first child she managed to get into a practice in Littleover as an NHS patient. She moved because they are always cancelling our appointments... They leave it right until the day or the day before to notify you. The appointment was made 6 months previous, so as you can imagine the next appointment after they cancelled this one is going to another few months. Myself and my partner are still at this practice only because we can't get in as an NHS patient in Littleover with our daughter. Its a terrible practice they have the same excuse everytime? The dentist has rang in sick?? We have been on the NHS waiting list at Blagreaves Lane Surgery for over a year & half now and all they keep doing is fobbing me off. They promised me that we would get priority as we had been waiting for such a long time, but still no joy. We only live across the road from this surgery in Littleover. We had been private patients previous but moved to Mackworth because we couldn't afford it? Its not very good really!!!

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 13 July 2019

Anonymous gave Mackworth Dental Practice a rating of 2 stars

Plummeting into the abyss

I used to think this was an excellent practice. However I have had two appointments cancelled in the last 2 weeks, and the next date I have been given for a check up isn’t until September. Which is irritating and means I will have about 12 months between check ups. But that isn’t my primary complaint. I am mostly appalled at just how rudely I was spoken to by the call taker when I rearranged yesterday’s cancelled appointment. I appreciate people get sick, but there was absolutely no need for how she spoke to me.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 02 July 2019

Anonymous gave Mackworth Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Rude reception team, revolving door of dentists!

The reception team here are awful. I am an admin team leader myself so I know how hard this kind of job can be, but I would be reprimanding my staff if they behaved the way some of this lot do. Slumped at the desk... phone muted... talking about nails and boys... sighing and exclaiming that they 'Can't wait to go home'... uninterested in the patients, not even a hello when you walk in. They refused to let a patient make an appointment for her husband due to 'Data protection' but happily discuss patients details in front of a packed waiting room? They can barely even be bothered to open their eyes fully to look at you. The rudeness is almost intimidating. No one enjoys going to the dentist and this unhelpful, rude welcome you get makes it even worse! The dentists themselves are OK but there is little consistency.

Visited in June 2019. Posted on 21 June 2019

Awful practice

Worst dentist I’ve ever used. Receptionist is rude and unhelpful. Didn’t even say hello when walking in speaks to you like you are below her and is just down right rude ignores the phone . Always understaffed Had issues getting appointments and also had several cancelled last minute. Don’t join this practise

Visited in June 2019. Posted on 10 June 2019

Anonymous gave Mackworth Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Exceptional service

Having had to make an emergency appointment due to an abscess and not having been to the dentist in 2 years ( I don’t know the name is for fear of dentists but I have it!!!!). I received excellent treatment and my fear of the dentist was accepted by the lovely lady dentist who looked after me, unfortunately I needed to make another emergency appointment and I was overwhelmed by the level of service I received from the receptionist who did everything possible to get me seen ASAP. Excellent service thus far.

Visited in February 2019. Posted on 27 February 2019

Anonymous gave Mackworth Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

White filling

Very happy with my recent white filling done by the dentist downstairs.
She did an excellent job on my front tooth filling.she has restored my smile and confidence.i am very grateful to her.
I was very sad to hear that she was leaving.i feel she has been a great asset for this dental practice.

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 16 December 2018

Simply DO NOT ANSWER THE PHONE

After moving to Derby I was on the waiting list here for over 6 months to get my first appointment. A year later my next check up was cancelled, when I arrived in person I was given a date but later received a text that I should call to rearrange. I have tried calling TWENTY times over two working days but no answer. The staff all were fine, it's just getting hold of them which is the problem.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 03 July 2018

Nick Wilkinson gave Mackworth Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Poorly Run

Worst experience with a dentist so far!

This was our first visit and we were left in the waiting room for 90 minutes past our appointment time with no updates or explanation. Struggling with an 18 month old toddler as there’s zero facilities to accommodate children and a 2 hour visit.

In this 90 minutes the phone must have rang at least 200-300 times, every time the very stressed receptionist answered it (which was around 1 in 30 rings!) the phone didn’t actually work and she would have to repeatedly ask if the caller could hear her and then try and explain the phones had been broken a while. The computer systems repeatedly went down, the receptionist couldn’t keep up with the amount of patients visiting and calling - absolute shambles. While the receptionist was doing her best, it quite obviously needed 2 people to do the job effectively.

The receptionist manner was horrible and she had a face like thunder (which I can understand given her workload). Many patients arrived after us and went in to see the same dentist myself, my wife and daughter were booked into see, all the time we’re sat there with no information and watching everyone else come and go. After finally seeing the dentist and making a compliant, it turns out we were never booked in due to the computers initially being down. It looks like the receptionist completely forgot to sort it once they were online again, despite us being sat in front of her and questioning when we would be seen! She didn’t forget to charge us for the appointment 45 minutes into our wait though!

Lack of investment? Poorly run? Shambles? It appears to be all of them!

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 29 January 2018

Mackworth Dental Practice replied on 31 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We do take all feedback seriously and we constantly look to improve our services. We would be grateful if you could contact the practice manager directly to go through any issues you may have had with your experience at our practice so we can properly look into your concerns. Many thanks.

Andrea gave Mackworth Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Careless staff

Waited three months for a repeat treatment appointment from August 2017 after Dentist was ill and cancelled my appointment for fillings..at the last minute, went back in November 2017 three mths later for a treatment appointment she looked at my teeth took an Xray and said you need two fillings book an appointment (this appointment was an appointment for treatment for the fillings in Aug 2017). .
Went to the three month later appointment i.e.. yesterday Jan 2018 Waited a long time due to me not telling reception I was there, Dentist still saw me, i was happy with that.
The dentist sat me down..I told her I had lost the other filling that had needed replacement in August/September.
She injected me then left me flat out on the chair for at least 5 mins with blazing light above me, whilst she was on her computer and phone to a client, then scooted over to me on her chair as the careless nurse pushed a tube In my mouth wrenching my mouth down and gagging me as at the same moment the dentist drilled with the bigger drill..i began to choke as no bits were being sucked up, i pushed myself up to clear my throat and get a mouth wash, to find no more than two very small mouth rince in the cup
I was very frightened the dentist said..you ok!
I lay back down and she filled my tooth roughly and dumping one of her tools on my chest as she continued..again.. I had nothing sucking up bits of filler so I was very uncomfortable..and I'm sure dentists normally use two drills of different grinding grades for fillings to get rid of all the bad tooth and a wet and dry wash/blow type/pipe sucker thing.
I left there shaking and very upset., Not to mention the other tooth that should of been dealt with in August..that has been left for 5mths and now the tooth is no good and can not be fixed!!!
The tooth/filling done yesterday is left roughand sharpe..i think it might fall out...
But I have no pain today from the tooth..I'm very upset by my treatment.
Also the reception staff non stop tapping on computers and permanent phones ringing..:(

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 18 January 2018

Mackworth Dental Practice replied on 31 January 2018

I am very sorry to hear that you have not had a positive experience at Mackworth Dental Practice. We do take all feedback seriously and we constantly look to improve our services. If you are happy to do so, please can you contact the practice and request to speak to the Practice Manager so we can properly look into your concerns. Many thanks