mydentist, Southgate, Hessle

01482344165 1 Southgate, Hessle , Hull, HU13 0RB

Children at the dentist

Going to the dentist with 6 children is no easy task but the staff here make the job a little easier. From the reception staff filling in as much of the forms for me as possible so I'm not sat in the waiting room for as long, toys for them to play with, to my fabulous dentist who must have the patience of a saint, and answers endless 'why' questions from them, and cares for them as if they where children they knew on a personal level. My children like going to to the dentist. I have full confidence in the care and treatment they receive here, highly recommended it. Thank you mydentist.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 04 October 2017

mydentist, Southgate, Hessle replied on 09 October 2017

Dear Patient,

Thank you very much for the very kind comments that you have recently made regarding our practice and for taking the time to leave them; it is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the practice in the future.

Kind Regards, Practice Manager

Always looked after well

Got an urgent appointment same day, had serious mouth and facial pain, the dnetist looked after me and arranged to get me a made to measure gum shield for the next day, seems to be working, told I would be fitted in quickly again should I need to be seen as I go on honeymoon next week - cannot ask for more.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 22 October 2017

mydentist, Southgate, Hessle replied on 23 October 2017

Thank you for your feedback.

We are delighted that you have been happy with our practice and do hope that your satisfaction continues.

Alex gave mydentist, Southgate, Hessle a rating of 5 stars

Fab dentadental practice!

I have always been a very nervous dental patient; I can safely say that I no longer am!

Had a wisdom tooth filling and an extraction of a retained baby tooth today and was made to feel extremely comfortable throughout.

Always had a fantastic service - so glad I found this dental practice.

Thank you!

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 26 October 2017

mydentist, Southgate, Hessle replied on 27 October 2017

Kenr gave mydentist, Southgate, Hessle a rating of 5 stars

Superb dental practice

Had a tooth extracted and replaced with pre-modified palate (tooth added on) .the total experience was excellent and totally proffesional.i recommend "My dentist" to any person requiring dental treatment......thanks to all staff

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 14 June 2016

mydentist, Southgate, Hessle replied on 23 June 2016

Dear Patient,

Thank you for the very kind comments that you have recently made regarding our practice and for taking the time to leave them; it is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to the practice in the future.

Anthea Appleyard gave mydentist, Southgate, Hessle a rating of 5 stars

Top marks

I cannot commend highly enough all the wonderful team at this surgery for their professional and helpful service. From the welcome at reception to efficient dentistry everything gets top marks from me. Well done and thank you.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 21 July 2016

mydentist, Southgate, Hessle replied on 22 July 2016

Thank you for your feedback.

I am delighted that you are happy with our practice and do hope that your satisfaction continues.

Anonymous gave mydentist, Southgate, Hessle a rating of 1 stars

No emergency appointments. Very poor

My 70 year old mother visited the practice to request an appointment at the earliest opportunity.
The dentist who she is normally registered with was on holiday but given her symptoms was advised by the receptionist to seek the attention of another dentist rather than wait.
On visiting "mydentist" in Hessle despite being in a lot of pain with an obviously swollen face, unable to eat and willing to pay for treatment was told that they do not do emergency appointments.
She was given the number of an associated practice some miles away(she does not drive) who told her that she must ring before a certain time if she wanted an emergency appointment.
Not sure this is what I would call an emergency service.
My mother was seen by another dentist (not associated with this group)in the area within 30 minutes who gave up their lunch break to accommodate her.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 13 March 2016

Thank you for your feedback.

I am very sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the service provided at your Dental Practice. We would ask that you contact the Practice Manager on 01482 344 165 as we take complaints extremely seriously and would like to investigate this for you.

I am sorry for any distress or inconvenience this matter may have caused you.

Outstanding!

fantastic practice, modern, clean, polite friendly staff, very professional, can not fault in anyway. 10/10.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 17 March 2016

Sam gave mydentist, Southgate, Hessle a rating of 5 stars

Faultless as usual

I do not normally write reviews but I just think this practice need some recognition, me and my family have been using this practice since it has opened, it is an amazing service from the receptionists to the nurses to the dentists to the surroundings.
I rang for an emergency appointment for my daughter this morning who fell at school, she was seen within 30 minutes, they bent over backwards to help us and I would just like to say a big thank you :)

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 17 March 2016

Dear Patient,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback, it is very much appreciated.

I am delighted to hear that you are happy with the service provided at your Dental Practice.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the practice in the future.

Fantastic Dentist!

I have recently visited this dentist and I can say from the beginning to the end, the journey was fab. From arriving to helpful and friendly receptionists to being greeted with a smile from the dentist. I have always felt anxious when being at the dentist but I always enjoy coming. The dentist and the nurse speak and make you feel at ease and always seem happy to see you. The practice is clean, with a large waiting room, which always makes me feel ten times better in such a large space. I would definitely recommend this dentist and I always look forward to coming back, after visiting each time having the same dentist and nurse always makes me feel comfortable and at ease.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 23 March 2016

mydentist, Southgate, Hessle replied on 04 April 2016

Dear Patient,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback, it is very much appreciated.

I am delighted to hear that you are happy with the service provided at Southgate Dental Practice and I will share your very kind comments with the Practice Manager.

Anonymous gave mydentist, Southgate, Hessle a rating of 5 stars

Dentist Phobia? try this practice!

This is my second revue of this practice.

After a very painful and bad experience in my youth I have had an extremely severe dental phobia. This resulted in my teeth being neglected and in a very bad state. Discovering this dental practice has been a revelation. Now I can cope with my fears and have had fillings, cleanings and today extractions and a partial denture fitted. Previously when I really had to go to the dentist I had to go privately so I could have sedation for any procedure. I cannot afford this now but I no longer need it.

The dentist explains everything without being at all patronising and they understand phobic patients well. This in itself is a huge, reassuring plus, as many phobias are irrational in reality, but some people do not understand how debilitating they can be.

During my treatment today I had four injections, which were slightly uncomfortable, but I will emphasise slightly! No problem at all really. No injection is painless is it?

Extractions were 100% painless. Denture was fitted immediately and looks great, much better than my previously wonky teeth! I came home, later ate dinner and can speak normally. The denture feels OK now so in the two weeks I was told I would need to get used to having the denture, all I can say is well done! I am so happy with it already.
I really appreciate the attitide of the dentist, if I feel uncomfortable or wary they will stop and give me a break; I did not need a break at all, but I really appreciate being given the opportunity. I felt in control of the situation, which is good.

If only I had discovered this practice sooner! I am so happy to not fear a visit to the dentist any more and to know that I need not endure the pain of the abcesses and caries that I have suffered in the past.

I do feel some trepidation before a visit but come out thinking, 'why did I worry?' I never ever would have thought that a visit to the dentist would be so easy and painless.

Above all, I never thought my phobia would be taken seriously and in this practice it was and is. This attitude really builds confidence in the patient, well in my case it certainly does.

Receptionist, techs etc. are all very welcoming and polite.

Thanks again everyone.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 25 March 2016

mydentist, Southgate, Hessle replied on 31 March 2016

Dear Patient,

Thank you very much for the very kind comments that you have recently made regarding our practice and for taking the time to leave them; it is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to the practice in the future.

Kind Regards, Practice Manager