Alexander House

01727 869471 109 St Peters Street, St Peter's Street , St Albans, Hertfordshire, AL1 3ET

Anonymous gave Alexander House a rating of 5 stars

Great With Children

I've been coming here for a few years but we have recently started seeing a dentist who I would highly recommend. The dentist has been kind and patient with all my children, not least my daughter who is very frightened of the dentist. The dentist spent time with her and explained everything and made sure she was alright during a filling. She has come home happy and her treatment has made a significant difference to the way she feels about going to the dentist. I cant thank the dentist enough and recommend highly!

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 18 April 2017

Alexander House has not yet replied.

emergency appointment unavailabe

It would seem that on the occasions when you require an emergency appointment it is impossible to book one I had a loose crown which meant that I could not eat and was in pain yet no appointment could be offered me that week or soon after..
i believe in these circumstances treatment of some sort should have been offered.
It worries me as tooth problems are important to be addressed as soon as possible.
I feel let down after being a client for many years.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 06 June 2017

Alexander House has not yet replied.

Shane gave Alexander House a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service all round

My family have been patients of Alexander House for around 9 years now. In that time, the service we've received has always been excellent. Explanations for all treatments are given very clearly. Options are always offered and discussed such that we are able to make informed decisions. We get timely reminder text messages of upcoming appointments. On the rare occasions I've had to cancel at short notice they've been very understanding and I've never experienced an issue getting through to the surgery. As a family of 4, we are very happy with the service we receive and can happily recommend the practice to anyone.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 30 November 2016

Alexander House replied on 08 December 2016

Thank you for your kind feedback. We are happy that we have been able to provide a service that we can individualize as much as possible as to all families. We hope to keep improving as much as possible. We have a longstanding and a friendly team that will try to do all they can for all our patients.

Thanks once again.

Anonymous reviewed Alexander House

Dentist Feedback - Follow Up

Following the post I made previously in relation to the treatment of my children here, the dentist has been amazing and has taken over all of our treatment personally. They have been brilliant and their treatment and manner faultless. This dentist has made my children relax and has restored their (and mine) faith in dentists.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 31 August 2016

Alexander House replied on 23 September 2016

We are really glad that we were able to put things right for you.We are always willing to work with all our patients so we can personalize their treatment to their individual needs. Thank you.

Anonymous gave Alexander House a rating of 1 stars

Not a good patient experience

It's impossible to get through to them on the phone and there isn't even an answer machine to leave a message, nor is there an email address. This is frustrating when the practice charges a penalty for late-notice cancellations. The door to the main treatment room opens right into the waiting area, and the bed faces the door, meaning that patients undergoing treatment are on full display whenever someone comes in/out of the room...not great for patient dignity. The receptionist I encountered was unprofessional and didn't have the courtesy to look up from their mobile phone to acknowledge me when I arrived. From start to finish, a bad patient experience.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 08 September 2016

Alexander House replied on 23 September 2016

I am really sorry that you had a poor experience with us. We have our valid reasons for no message answerphones because :

1. we do get a fair amount of no show appointments who then claim to have left messages which we never get.This in turn wastes a lot of public money on wasted NHS appointments funded by the taxpayer.

2.Secondly which is more important is that it prevents another patient from having that appointment thus causing restriction of access to NHS dental care.

Just to make it clear we do not charge for late cancellations or missed appointments on the NHS .

We are in a small building and physically we cannot make it bigger .We do make the best possible use of the space we have .We have been serving the local community in this building for the past 40 years !!! and we do our very best for all our patients at all times and we have always been busy.

We run a practice complaints procedure which you can use at any time if we have been lax in anyway. Certainly making patient welcome and making them feel at ease is extremely important to us . Thank you.

Anonymous gave Alexander House a rating of 5 stars

Staff are so friendly and caring

I came with my son today and have had excellent service. I was so impressed with the explanation and gentleness with how my 7 year old was treated. Staff bend over backwards to fit us in as an emergency. Excellent practice.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 06 April 2016

Alexander House replied on 23 September 2016

Thank you very much for your kind words.We always aspire to provide as much help as possible. We understand the apprehension a dental visit may cause young children and quite a few of our staff are parents themselves and fully understand the needs of children.

Anonymous gave Alexander House a rating of 3 stars

Treatment fine but need admin improvement

Never had a problem with the treatment here, better than my last dentist in that respect.

The admin is dreadful though, you can never get through to them on the phone (and when you sit in reception you can hear it ringing for ages when they're dealing with someone in person). They haven't joined the 21st century yet either so there is no way to email them and no online booking system either.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 04 July 2016

Alexander House replied on 23 September 2016

Thank you for your feedback.I am glad that your treatment has been good. We are always looking to improve your experience with us and please do use our practice suggestions box to request anything that we can improve on . We are looking to address your experiences that you shared with us. Thanks.

Dentist feedback

I have just had my son sobbing in the car on the way home from a visit with the dentist and my 8 year old daughter is probably put off dentists for life. The website describes teh dentist as warm and friendly, far from it. They are patronising and demeaning and has made my children feel terrible about their teeth and the way they clean them. The dentist makes no allowances for children having weaker teeth than others. I will be lucky to persuade them back to a dentist and it will certainly not be here. I will be making a formal complaint to the GDC.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 06 April 2016

Alexander House replied on 23 September 2016

I am truly sorry to hear what happened. I have investigated the situation and put in place controls that will prevent such misunderstandings in the future. I am glad to know that you have actually returned and continued with the treatment since the situation had been investigated and corrective action has taken place.
We hope to provide you with our usual service from here forth. Thanks.