Hopton Dental Surgery

01502 732124 1 Station Road, Hopton, Great Yarmouth , Norfolk, NR31 9BE

Happy patient

I was almost dentist-phobic when I first visited this practice.With sympathy and patience they gradually built up my confidence so that now I think nothing of going.You are always treated as an individual and things are moved along at a pace you are happy with.All the staff- receptionists,nurses,hygienists and dentists are great and friendly.It is an unprepossessing little building from the outside but within it there's something special. I can really recommend it.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 19 July 2018

First timer

Very pleasant and friendly surgery very professional

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 16 February 2018

Carole gave Hopton Dental Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Excellent treatment

I have been afraid of going to the dentist for at least 60 years; I did go when absolutely necessary, but was always shivering and shaking.
the dentist I see here is amazing, she has completely removed my fear of going to the dentist, and I would certainly recommend her to anyone who has this fear.

I have now had quite a lot of work done, and never hesitate to feel comfortable when I now go. Thank you so much to the dentist and her staff, you really are a dentist in a million.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 11 March 2018

Anonymous gave Hopton Dental Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Extremely helpful, quick to get me in & explained everything

I have been going to this dentist for the past 5 years now and I have never had a bad experience. Everyone is very polite and the staff explain my treatement options so I can understand them. If they are running over reception explain it is due to emergencies being seen and as I have been seen as an emergency before that is understandable. Better to wait 10 minutes for someone who needs it than not be given the option to come in as an emergency appointment at all.
This practice is very clean, all the staff are polite & I will be staying with them.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 07 May 2017

M.Ei gave Hopton Dental Surgery a rating of 5 stars

All well

always got emergency appt when needed, so far no complaints

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 08 May 2017

Kirsten gave Hopton Dental Surgery a rating of 3 stars

Appointment

I called two weeks ago asking specifically for an appointment after 3pm. They gave me one for 3:30pm. I arrived half an hour early today, to be told that my appointment was for 2:30pm, even though I had asked for one for after 3pm.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 03 April 2017

Anonymous gave Hopton Dental Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Emergency appointment

I was pleased they were able to see me as my dentist was unable to see me at a time suitable as i had work later. I filled in a form as i had never been to this dentist before. One of the question was about your weight. Apparently if you weigh more than 21st you weigh to much to sit in their dentist chair. I thought i was gonna be turned away as i dont know how much i weigh. I said could i not sit on a normal chair so i could at least be treated which is what i did. I have never been treated in a way like this before because of my size.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 28 April 2017

Hopton Dental Surgery replied on 02 May 2017

It was pointed out to us by a dental engineer that our insurance is invalid if the patient's weight is above the safety limit for the dental chair. So for Health and Safety reasons for all our patients, not just the heavier ones, we must monitor this. It's possible that this patient's dentist (who was unable to see the patient on that day) has a dental chair that accepts a higher weight.

Norm gave Hopton Dental Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Polite

We always find Hopton dental practice warm , very helpfull ,cosy,and very polite , Never in a hurry, always insisting that you should return if there's any problem at all Just wonderful staff and dentists

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 23 January 2017

Hopton Dental Surgery replied on 30 January 2017

Many thanks for your comments.

Anonymous gave Hopton Dental Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Be cautious

I went here twice last year and would not go back. I realised how bad it was when I visited a new dentist today. The dentist in Hopton tried to do a filling, without having taken a x-ray. My x-rays today proved that I didn't need a filling.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 20 March 2017

Hopton Dental Surgery replied on 25 March 2017

This comment is difficult to answer without more information. Dentists vary in their opinions, including consultants, especially for new patients. We routinely take x-rays but follow the guidelines on repeat x-rays to avoid unnecessary radiation exposure. We are happy to discuss this with the patient. We try to ensure that all patients leave here happy and are pleased by the many good comments we receive.