The Royal Terrace Dental Practice

01305 264827 35 Cornwall Road , DORCHESTER, Dorset, DT1 1RY

Quick and efficient

Dentist was great, very efficient and explained everything well. Not really chatty as other reviews have mentioned but did the job really well and that is all I want from a dentist. No unnecessary dental work and good advice.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 08 September 2017

The Royal Terrace Dental Practice has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave The Royal Terrace Dental Practice a rating of 2 stars

Bit of empathy would be nice!

My initial experiences at this dentist were good , as nervous patient was made to feel at ease and a treatment plan agreed
My follow up appointment with different dentist did not go so well
When got there I was told my appointment was now with another dentist
When entering room I was told to sit down with no words of reassurance and did not even look up from screen The check up was over in 2 minutes with no explanation as to whether there were any concerns or problem areas
No advise given re my gums and how they healed since extractions
I had to raise the option of bridgework or dentures or this would not have been discussed
I have had to have extractions on visible teeth, with a serious fear of dentist The prospect of having to have dentures at a fairly young age is quite upsetting anyway
A little bit of sensitivity or empathy would have been highly appreciated
Instead dentist was dismissive and cold and couldn't get me out of the room fast enough

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 05 July 2017

Dear Patient

We are keen to listen to all comments constructively, and attempt to investigate the basis of any concerns with the aim of developing further our patient focused service.

If you feel that your care has fallen below the level you should expect, please contact the practice to enable the basis of your concerns to be fully investigated.

Brian Prosser gave The Royal Terrace Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

the surgeon made it look easy

from the time I met the surgeon they gave me confidence, as it was a rear, level with the gum tooth I felt apprehensive of what to expect, however the dentist, and their nurse were superb, by following the dentist's instructions after the surgery my mouth is returning to normal, thank you for a job well done.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 21 April 2017

Dear Patient

Thank you very much for your kind observations. We look forwards to welcoming you back on future visits.

Warmest Regards

Anonymous gave The Royal Terrace Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Do not go here under any circumstances!

All negative comments in these reviews are completely accurate!!!
The dentist was rude and dismissive,did not explain anything properly and when I asked questions turned their back and couldnt give me a proper answer. The dentist never read any of the notes I was asked to fill in by the very unhelpful receptionist they just proceded to ask me (in a very abrupt manner) all the questions i had just filled in. The dentist made me feel like i was wasting their time.
Came away very confused at the dentist's abrupt behaviour and very angry at their treatment of me.Will not be returning for follow up appointment.I am currently looking for another dentist who can treat me like a human being!

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 25 March 2017

The Royal Terrace Dental Practice replied on 29 March 2017

Fantastic service

I know everyone like to hate their dentist particularly if they are removing a tooth or dealing with a tooth ache.

However I had my wisdom tooth removed recently and I couldn't ask for a more efficient friendlier service that I encountered both in the surgery and at reception.

Normally I'm a very nervous person, though the practice was able to put me at ease, and gently guide me through a challenging extraction.

5 stars to all the staff and will be recommending to all my friends and family should they be unfortunate enough to have problems from their wisdom teeth.

Anonymous

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 03 April 2017

Dear Patient

We would like to thank you very much for your encouraging response on this site.

Anonymous gave The Royal Terrace Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

My Trust In Dentist's Has Returned!

As someone who has a bit of a dentist phobia and someone who over the years has had some bad experiences with certain dentist's (Especially with what seems to be a lack of empathy included with most nowadays). I am always very wary of visiting a dentist and dentist's surgery for the first time.
I was given an appointment at the Royal Terrace Dentist Surgery in Dorchester, as an emergency appointment. (For starters,I was amazed to actually get an appointment on a Sunday Morning, I didn't actually realise that any dentist surgeries even opened up at 8am on a Sunday, so was really pleased to know that I didn't have to wait until Monday morning in severe throbbing pain to be treated).
The Dentist from the very start of opening up the surgery at 7:30am was polite and wished Myself the the other patients a "Good Morning"
Although there were two other patients ahead of Me, I still got in to see the Dentist for My treatment within 20 minutes of arriving.
I explained My dental problem to them and and straight away they put Me at ease and fully explained what they would be doing to solve the problem.
The treatment included having injections (another bit of a phobia for Me) to ease the pain. These injections were administered carefully and with precision and I hardly even felt them!
It turned out that due to where My problem tooth was, I would have to have a double dose of injections, but this didn't seem to frustrate the dentist and all the time just seemed to be making sure that I was happy and pain free before the surgery began.
All in all the whole procedure was done in around 20 minutes and I was pain free for the first time in days. I couldn't have asked for a better dentist physically or mentally and can without hesitation give this Dentist and Surgery a 10/10, 5 STAR grading! An excellent and caring service that has certainly helped restore My faith in dentists! Other Dentist Surgeries and Dentists could certainly take a leaf out of this Dentist's book!

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 12 February 2017

Dear Patient

We hope all remains well with the outcome, and offer sincere warmest regards for the future.

Tim M. gave The Royal Terrace Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Superb!

Having had a planned wisdom tooth removal go awry - the top of the tooth was broken but the tooth remained in place, which then led to an infection - at a dentist in Southampton and the appalling farce that occurred with regard to them providing the correct referral paperwork for the Southern oral team - I ended up chasing all the paperwork and delivering to the correct department, myself - I opted for the earliest appointment at any specialist referral centre, even if it meant travelling (in this case, 1.5 hours). I could not have arrived at a better place; there is a nice feel to the place, the staff were nice and very efficient and as soon as I met the dentist my gut reaction was that I knew I could put my full trust in them. It is instantly clear that my dentist knows their stuff and both their personal and professional manner makes one instantly trust them; goodness knows, I needed that reassurance. As it was Christmas, I opted to have the surgery performed the first week of January and, even though I'd originally trained as a nurse and seen many patients prepared for treatment, I was, to be fair, bricking it a bit. The thought of sedation did not fill me with joy. Come the day, I drove to Dorchester and underwent the procedure; the sedation did its job and so did the dentist. Brilliant! The one upside of the sedation was that it helped make the drive home bearable...though I still let my daughter sit in the front whilst my wife drove! :-) The follow up appointment showed that all was well and healing nicely. Thanks, great job!

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 24 January 2017

Dear Patient

The team draw great warmth from such a delightful response, offering additional energy and re-doubling our efforts that we apply in delivering a quality service.

Anonymous gave The Royal Terrace Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Dreadful. Appalling customer facing service

Called for an emergency appointment as in a lot of pain and not able to sleep. Was booked in that morning. Saw the dentist who did an X-ray. Then said they'd give me antibiotics as gum too swollen. Communication was minimal, when I asked further about the swelling didn't really give me an explanation or even look at me whilst telling me this. No bedside manner what so ever. I've had the same experience every time I've been here even with different dentists. Said they'd be able to see me first tomorrow I explained I couldn't. No alternative was offered but I was told to book an appointment at reception in usual abrupt manner. Why do people do jobs like this when they have no people skills. Went to reception told they couldn't see me until next week on Monday at which point I told receptionist I'd rather not be in pain all weekend. At this point they churlishly offered me Tuesday instead. Receptionist again no people skills at all. Pretty all the staff look miserable and depressed. Not what you want when you need care and attention

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 02 November 2016

The Royal Terrace Dental Practice replied on 04 November 2016

Pat Thomson gave The Royal Terrace Dental Practice a rating of 4 stars

Wisdom Tooth Extraction on referal

Having read some of these reviews I was very apprehensive. Unwarranted. Tooth extraction was never going to be fun. When I received their letter I phoned and was offered an appointment the next day. After examining my records and my tooth the dentist confirmed what was to be done and offered me the choice of local anesthetic or sedation, I opted for the local anesthetic and they proceeded there and then. on completion I was given an information sheet on aftercare. Job done, very efficient and business like

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 05 May 2016

The Royal Terrace Dental Practice replied on 06 May 2016

Dear Patient

Thank you very much for your positive comments on this site. We are very pleased to hear you have been happy with the care and service you have received from the practice.

We look forwards to welcoming you back on future visits.

Jackie Murphy gave The Royal Terrace Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

My experience.

I moved to the area knowing no one, so picked a dentist at random. I had a broken tooth, although not painful, it needed attention. I was seen within a week, and was surprised to find I was an NHS patient, as I have always been treated privately in the past due to a lack of NHS dentists in my hometown. I had the same fantastic care as if I was private, the dentist explained the options, and the costs, and we discussed the best treatment. I have been back several times since, including a visit with my partner, and we have always had excellent treatment.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 04 July 2016