Bridge House Dental Practice

01765 603215 Bridge House Dental Practice, 29 Bondgate Green , Ripon, North Yorkshire, HG4 1QW

Anonymous gave Bridge House Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Horrible attitude to NHS patients

I had been with this practice for nearly 30 years but discovered today that I have been de-registered because I have failed to attend 3 appointments. This is simply untrue, I have never failed to attend an appointment.

I was rudely told "we can only go on what the system tells us", what a jolly convenient way to get rid of long-standing NHS patients.

Rather than wait a week to find out whether the current owner of the business would deign to put me back on the books, I have gone to another Ripon dentist which values NHS patients.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 20 August 2018

Anonymous gave Bridge House Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Perfunctory Treatment of NHS Patient

There was a several months wait between registration and first appointment. At the first appointment I was seen in total for less than five minutes by a dentist, who did a very cursory examination with a mirror and air blower. His conclusion was he could see no problems, and that I should make an appointment for another checkup in 12months. He did ask if I wanted some 'side bite' corrected, which I declined on the basis that it's not something that caused me any issues in over three decades... it's also something no previous dentist has ever mentioned. He did suggest I make an appointment with the hygienist for a cleaning. When I did so at reception I discovered there were no NHS hygienists, and there would be an additional cost - and only after I'd queried whether I would be paying the NHS charge at this appointment or the following. My understanding is scale and polish is included in band 1 NHS payments, but only here, apparently, if it's necessary. I can't help but wonder that if it's not necessary, why was it suggested I make that appointment?
In short, a three minute visual survey of my teeth was the sum total of my first visit, followed by offers of further private treatment... I'm not sure I got good value for the NHS charge at all.
Whilst I'm grateful to have an NHS dentist, and to know my teeth look OK, I would feel more secure in this if I had received at least a bit of gum poking, and perhaps an x-ray for an initial appointment? that has certainly been my experience of other dentists in the past.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 11 June 2018

Richard gave Bridge House Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Attitude and operation appalling

I have been going here 45 years and since my dentist left it has gone massively downhill. The new owners attitude is appalling. They change the rules as they go along, and if you show your annoyance they deregister you. Avoid this practice at all costs, shortage of nhs dentists means their attitude towards you is totally disrespectful and unhelpful. Always late with appointments, never on time.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 19 June 2018

Professional and friendly

The treatment I received was professional, quick, clearly explained and effective. I was treated with courtesy and the atmosphere was friendly. I am glad to have found this practice.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 24 May 2018

The Ribbons gave Bridge House Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

First ever visit, excellent.

My husband and I attended the surgery last Wednesday for the first time and are so pleased we have found you. My husband uses a walking stick so we were apprehensive about needing to climb stairs. Fears completely unfounded. When I explained to the reception team they very very understanding and we were able to sit in the ground floor area. They were friendly and welcoming , thank you.
The dentist and her assistant were also charming. I was a little nervous as I had not had any treatment for many years. Just needed a small filling and the whole procedure was completely pain free. Many thanks. Have no hesitation in recommending Bridge House
Dental Practice.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 24 March 2018

Malcolm Hutchinson gave Bridge House Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service, lovely people

Very pleased with the service

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 24 January 2018

Good service always

Whether it's a check up, treatment or advice the personnel are excellent

Michelle gave Bridge House Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent dental surgery.

This dentist is new to me, I moved here after my old dentist much further away went private and I found this gem of a dentist on my doorstep accepting NHS patients, so this was my son’s and my first visit to the dentist and the hygienist and I can honestly say it is the best dentist we have been to! The dentist was brilliant with both of us and I am quite nervous with dentists, she explained everything, was very informative and helpful and we left happy. I also saw the hygienist and will do regularly and again she was brilliant with me, very nice and explained everything as she did her work. We are both very happy we found this dentist and may I also say all of the staff from walking into the place to leaving were extremely friendly, thank you.

Nervous patient

Terrified of the dentist since I was a child.
I made an appointment and nervously attended,i was soon put at ease all the staff are very friendly i would definitely recommend this dentist to anyone 10 out of 10.

Nick B gave Bridge House Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Such lovely people

I have been a patient at Bridge House Dental surgery since September 2017 and I have been extremely pleased with the service I have experienced so far. The staff are lovely and really helpful. I usually get quite nervous when I have to visit the dentists, but the staff at Bridge House make me feel relaxed and at ease.