Cottams Dental Practice

0121 428 2824 1 St Peters Road, Harborne , Birmingham, B17 0AT

Clair Howell gave Cottams Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic treatment

Went for a filling on Monday 9th July . Had a new lady dentist who is new to the practice, she was fantastic! Made me feel as ease and I didn't even feel the needle for my filling, the filling was completed so quickly and efficiently. Excellent service. Would definitely recommend her, I'm sorry I don't know her name.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 06 July 2018

Cottams Dental Practice has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Cottams Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Dissatisfied

There are only two nice people in that practice which will actually listen to you and try to help you and unfortunately they do not provide the actual treatments. I have never felt happy before any of my appointments, always stressed and scared. And frankly after my appointments I usually end up having a headache.I think that a practice that claims to have such experienced team should work on the way they communicate with their patients. Really the NHS needs to be training dentists and orthodontist that are willing to help people and will enjoy working with people , a trained dentist that makes appointments horrifying shouldn’t be qualified until they are well able to communicate with all sorts of patients and unfortunately Cottam’s dental practice team (the majority of them not all ) lack the ability to make me and every other member of my family satisfied.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 13 July 2018

Cottams Dental Practice has not yet replied.

Mr Berger gave Cottams Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Worst dental appointment of my life

Did not receive the treatment I was expecting. Treated very rudely. Totally dissatisfied in every respect.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 03 February 2018

Cottams Dental Practice replied on 25 June 2018

I am sorry to hear you had a bad experience at our practice. Please may you contact the practice manager at your earliest convenience to discuss this in further detail.

Thank you for providing feedback.

Anna Lepkowska gave Cottams Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent and professional

I visited this practice few weeks ago. The reception staff is very warm and helpful. Dentists competent, professional and willing to go extra mile to ensure I was at ease and comfortable. Would highly recommend to anyone.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 21 October 2017

Cottams Dental Practice replied on 31 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with positive feedback. We aim to ensure all our patients have a positive experience so we are delighted to receive your feedback. Thank you again.

Anonymous gave Cottams Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Decor & comfort

Although I find the dentists and the treatment excellent at the surgery I find that the waiting areas need an uplift - décor is quite shabby. I also would also point out that whilst waiting in the waiting rooms there is no music or TV noise to take your mind of the impending treatment. It is not good listening to the dentist in the next room talking to the patient - some soft music or BBC news channel would take you mind off the treatment.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 22 August 2017

Dear Patient,

Thank you for leaving us a review about our practice, feedback really helps us tailor our services for better dental care. We are sorry you are not happy with the decor and noise levels in our practice, if you wish to discuss this further please may you contact the practice manager.

Many Thanks

Bill Evans reviewed Cottams Dental Practice

The perfect Practice

This Practice is the Best. A better one would be hard to find. Appointments are a real pleasure. Hardly any waiting. Staff are so friendly and helpful they make going to the Dentist is a happy event.
First class treatment always by a First Class Dentist. In a very relaxing environment. To say Thank is not really enough for such Service. Well done all.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 05 June 2017

Cottams Dental Practice replied on 05 October 2017

Thank you so much for taking out your time to provide us with positive feedback. We work hard to ensure our patients have the most comforting experience possible so we are delighted to receive your feedback. Thank you again.

Anonymous gave Cottams Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Polite, friendly & professional

The dentist absolutely understood my anxieties and reassured me. All staff were polite, friendly and maintained their professionalism

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 15 May 2017

Cottams Dental Practice replied on 05 October 2017

Dear Patient, thank you for such lovely feedback, we shall share your kind words with the team.

Lisa gave Cottams Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Lovely staff and a very good practice

During my recent visit I noticed that the TV was not on, nor the radio in the treatment room.

I find both of these things relaxing and a very welcome distraction, however I am concerned about patient confidentiality, as I could hear what was going on in other treatment rooms.

The service that I received on my recent visit and all visits previous has been excellent.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 04 May 2017

Cottams Dental Practice replied on 17 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. I am glad to hear that you find the service at Cottams excellent.

With regards to the TV and radio, I am sorry that you have had this experience and can assure you that the situation is currently being looked in to and we hope to have a satisfactory resolution in place in the near future. Thanks again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Greg gave Cottams Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent practise but where is the music & TV?

I have been a patient here for some time and it is an excellent practise. However, on my most recent visit the music and TV usually playing in the background was noticeably absent. It is not so much the loss of the relaxing atmosphere but the fact you can hear what is going on in the treatment rooms that is a little disconcerting!!! Hopefully on my next visit it will be restored

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 04 April 2017

Cottams Dental Practice replied on 13 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. I am glad to hear that you find Cottams an excellent practice.

Sam Hunter (Practice Manager)

Anonymous gave Cottams Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Dentists treat patients as numbers

Dentists always seem on a hurry. If I visit the practice for an specific problem, they don't bother to check all my teeth and the appointments last for few minutes. I was recently referred to the dental hospital but as the letter with an appointment took a long time to arrive, I called the hospital and I was told that the practice forgot to send some x rays which delayed the process.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 17 April 2017

Cottams Dental Practice replied on 28 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.
I am sorry that you have had this experience whilst visiting the practice. The main purpose of a problem appointment is to resolve the specific problem, not conduct a full examination which is why your other teeth were not checked. I am sorry that this was not fully explained.
With regards to the hospital referral, if you would like to get in touch with the practice manager, this can be investigated further.