0121 428 2824 1 St Peters Road, Harborne , Birmingham, B17 0AT

Anonymous gave Cottams Dental Practice a rating of 4 stars

what a fantastic dental practice and staff

The staff are very professorial and friendly caring and made me and my family feel comfortable. I am happy with my treatment too.Thank you to all the team at Cottams for all there hard work. the best dental practice i have ever been.

Visited in August 2019. Posted on 13 August 2019

Anonymous gave Cottams Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Lack of contact and notification of my removal as a patient.

I was very willing to make the long journey by public transport over the years as the dentist is excellent. I was willing to pay the private charges too. However the administration of the practice has not been as good as before it was sold. I had to cancel my last appointment for health reasons and failed to receive any offers of appointments. I have been undergoing many things and problems in life since my last attendance. I had rang on three occasions to make appointments and had to leave my details for call backs even during opening hours. I failed to have any call backs. Most recently was Monday 22nd July. I rang yesterday and spoke to a lady who told me my Dentist was not taking any New patients. I was not a new patient. She told me I had not attended for a long time and have been removed as patient. I requested I spoke to the Dentist. I had a call back today to be told that his response was I was a new Patient and not accepting New patients. I was prepared to pay private charges to be accepted by him a few years ago and to attend over the years. The failure here is I was never contacted nor had my calls returned nor was I notified in any way at my home address about the removal of my name as his patient. The administration and support staff standard had fallen over the years as I previously stated. Dentists providing Private treatments too should be held accountable and obliged to notify their patients of any changes. I and many of my generation of over55s do not have electronic computers. The cost of a postal communication is minimal in comparison to the private treatment charges we make sacrifices for. So The Dental surgery needed to forewarn me having failed to offer me appointments at any time during the period of my absence. Dentists providing Private treatments have to be more transparent about their practices of excluding patients from their lists with no notification is unacceptable. I have not been treated with dignity and respect, nor involved in decision, nor have I been given information of treatment costs. I have been denied repeated treatment of regular Check-ups, and fairly and rightly rate Cottam Dental Practice as very unsatisfactory. I have been denied an appointment with the dentist yesterday and today 25 & 26July. So cannot visit.

Visited in July 2019. Posted on 26 July 2019

Highly recommend

I have been attending this dental practice for 35+ years and can not recommend them enough. Staff are very pleasant and welcoming. My son, for whom visiting the dentist has always been a challenge has more recently been receiving orthodontic treatment and the staff have been so patient and accomodating, making sure my son feels completely at ease. Five months ago his teeth were pretty awful and now he has a beautiful set of teeth. Thank you to you all for supporting my son on this journey, it hasn't been easy but you have made such a difference. His beautiful teeth mean he now smiles a real smile which lights up his eyes and face, and his self esteem and confidence have reached a new high. THANK YOU.

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 11 December 2018

Cottams Dental Practice replied on 02 January 2019

Thank you so much for your heartwarming review, It really is a pleasure to receive responses such as this.
We look forward to welcoming you and your son back in the future.

Anonymous gave Cottams Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

My son had his brace fitted fast service very professional

My son has been attending this dental for over a year now his treatment has been excellent, they have gave us advice about his treatment, staff are very friendly and always get an appointment.

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 18 December 2018

Cottams Dental Practice replied on 02 January 2019

Hello,

Thank you for your review. We really appreciate when our patients take time out of their day to leave us feedback and it's great to here you received a first class service from our team.

Clair Howell gave Cottams Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic treatment

Went for a filling on Monday 9th July . Had a new lady dentist who is new to the practice, she was fantastic! Made me feel as ease and I didn't even feel the needle for my filling, the filling was completed so quickly and efficiently. Excellent service. Would definitely recommend her, I'm sorry I don't know her name.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 06 July 2018

Anonymous gave Cottams Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Dissatisfied

There are only two nice people in that practice which will actually listen to you and try to help you and unfortunately they do not provide the actual treatments. I have never felt happy before any of my appointments, always stressed and scared. And frankly after my appointments I usually end up having a headache.I think that a practice that claims to have such experienced team should work on the way they communicate with their patients. Really the NHS needs to be training dentists and orthodontist that are willing to help people and will enjoy working with people , a trained dentist that makes appointments horrifying shouldn’t be qualified until they are well able to communicate with all sorts of patients and unfortunately Cottam’s dental practice team (the majority of them not all ) lack the ability to make me and every other member of my family satisfied.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 13 July 2018

Mr Berger gave Cottams Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Worst dental appointment of my life

Did not receive the treatment I was expecting. Treated very rudely. Totally dissatisfied in every respect.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 03 February 2018

Cottams Dental Practice replied on 25 June 2018

I am sorry to hear you had a bad experience at our practice. Please may you contact the practice manager at your earliest convenience to discuss this in further detail.

Thank you for providing feedback.

Anna Lepkowska gave Cottams Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent and professional

I visited this practice few weeks ago. The reception staff is very warm and helpful. Dentists competent, professional and willing to go extra mile to ensure I was at ease and comfortable. Would highly recommend to anyone.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 21 October 2017

Cottams Dental Practice replied on 31 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with positive feedback. We aim to ensure all our patients have a positive experience so we are delighted to receive your feedback. Thank you again.

Decor & comfort

Although I find the dentists and the treatment excellent at the surgery I find that the waiting areas need an uplift - décor is quite shabby. I also would also point out that whilst waiting in the waiting rooms there is no music or TV noise to take your mind of the impending treatment. It is not good listening to the dentist in the next room talking to the patient - some soft music or BBC news channel would take you mind off the treatment.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 22 August 2017

Cottams Dental Practice replied on 05 October 2017

Dear Patient,

Thank you for leaving us a review about our practice, feedback really helps us tailor our services for better dental care. We are sorry you are not happy with the decor and noise levels in our practice, if you wish to discuss this further please may you contact the practice manager.

Many Thanks