Plymouth Orthodontics Ltd

01752 662554 60 Lower Compton Road, Plymouth , Devon, PL3 5DW

Based on 1 rating for this dentist

Based on 1 rating for this dentist

Anonymous gave Plymouth Orthodontics Ltd a rating of 5 stars

This is the place to go: they rock at fixing teeth & smiles

If I could give this place more than 5 stars I would. As someone who was self-conscious about their crooked teeth as a result of botched orthodontics as a child, I generally put off anything to do with dentists. That was until I found this place: I actually enjoyed my experience at Plymouth Orthodontics so much that I was sorry when my treatment ended.

At the start of my treatment I was probably a bit of a nightmare patient: I had a lot of questions and was quite anxious about having braces in again, confused about all the different types and how long I would have them in. It seemed like such a big commitment to go through as an adult because I work with the public, so I was worried about how it would look and how it would affect my speech, but my smile was really getting me down. I used to avoid smiling or cover up my smile, and people did actually think I was miserable!

The dentist and team were great, friendly and very patient with me. They listened really well to what I wanted, and talked me through various options and the costs (they had some helpful payment plans), so I could make choices that fit my lifestyle and pocket. My fears were laid to rest at every stage. By the time I was on my 3rd appointment I was putty in their hands. This dentist seems very highly skilled and took a lot of care, seemed very precise and knew exactly how to get the best effect from what they had to work with in what I felt was quite a short amount of time compared with what I was expecting. I say this because a friend of mine has now had braces in for three years and is so disappointed he didn't come here.

On a practical level, I want to add that the staff were really good at helping me with my appointments and always seemed to find a way to make things work (e.g. I had one dental emergency). The whole place runs really well and the atmosphere is nice and welcoming. The facilities are nice e.g. there's a TV in the waiting room etc. I liked that they seem to be a small practice because I never had to wait more than a few minutes for my appointment (as in my experience they do run on schedule). Also every appointment was quite structured so they covered off what the appointment would be about, where that fit in the scheme of things, and then ended with clarifying the next steps and any after care etc. It was the opposite to my experience of having braces as a child: I would bet they are really good with children and young adults too.

18 months later, my braces are now off and I am so happy with the results. When the braces came off the dentist showed me the before and after pictures and I still can’t believe the difference and how great my teeth look. It has been a truly life-changing experience. Now I feel confident enough to beam out a smile all of the time.

So, yes I recommend them to everyone. A big smiley thank you to every one there.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 03 January 2017

Plymouth Orthodontics Ltd has not yet replied.