Drake Dental Practice

01706 644 717 Drake Dental Practice, 113 Drake Street , Rochdale, Lancashire, OL16 1PZ

GWood gave Drake Dental Practice a rating of 2 stars

Worrying data protection issues

Having been with this dentist for over 20 years, I've had absolutely no issues until this month when I've been removed off their list incorrectly. As I tried to book an appointment for a routine checkup and to check my wisdom tooth causing me a lovely amount of pain I was informed I'm not on the system and the receptionist then accused me of signing up with another dentist.

Having informed the practice I've never so much as visited another dentist, either someone has made an error or my identity has been used. I was then again told the "system" is telling them I'm at another dentist. I was then placed on hold and eventually they told me I'd taken myself off the list - I then asked for details of when this was and the staff member. The details was Feb 2018 - and staff member had left in March 2018. I then asked for a manager to speak to and was then put back on the system - No apologies for the actions taken and offered an appointment a month later.

You can probably assume how annoyed I am!

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 07 September 2018

Drake Dental Practice replied on 09 September 2018

I am sorry that you had a bad experience when trying to book an appointment. It may have been due to the fact that we have recently employed a new receptionist who is still training with us. I appreciate your attendance over the last 20 years and I would like to offer your a chance to come into the practice/speak on the phone to discuss this further if you wish. I will conduct a thorough investigation into the matter as soon as possible.

Anonymous gave Drake Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Dental Practice

I attended Drake Dental Practice recently for my routine check and polish.I was a bit apprehensive when I saw that the long standing receptionist had left but wow I didn't need to worry, the lovely lady greeted me with a beaming smile, she was very well spoken, polite and so helpful, she put me at ease right away with her bubbly personality. I have always been happy with my dentist too, he always delivers an A1 service. I would highly recommend, keep up the wonderful work Drake Dental, thank you!

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 19 September 2018

Drake Dental Practice replied on 04 November 2018

Thank you for your kind review, it is much appreciated. Our receptionist retired after 40+ years of service and we wish her all the best for the future. As you said the new Receptionist is friendly, polite and very professional. I Hope the whole team at Drake Dental Practice will continue to provide you with excellent care over the years to come.

Anonymous gave Drake Dental Practice a rating of 2 stars

This is twice know my crown problem

I had a crown came out I was told my I had to have check up first then teeth cleaned that took over 2 weeks then I got told I got infection on 4th week I was told they can't save my teeth then x-ray was done iwas told week later that my other tooth was no good and had tone taken out were I had no pain on the tooth then I also got told my crown can't be fixed Sony tooth was taken out crown root was taken out the lady was very rouf then igot so bad infection Ihad to have 2 weeks of work so this timsame thing happend iwent back the lady started Todo same think again I got emergency appointment was easy of time went next day again was easy of time she would not talk about crown started check up same before so I told her she might as leave it as I don't want to through with that again I have been with this surgery for 28 years I have never been so up the service is very poor know it is not same these staff are very tough and rood they don't have heart Inthe job they don't treat patients as humans very very very disappointed

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 31 July 2018

Drake Dental Practice replied on 09 September 2018

Drake Dental Practice replied on 01 July 2018

I am sorry you had a bad experience when visiting the Dental Practice. We aim to provide a professional and friendly service and our reviews are very positive in this regard. I cannot comment on individual clinical cases but | will conduct an investigation into the incident. We thank you for your custom over the last 28 years and we be very sorry to lose a patient such as yourself. I appreciate all feedback and would be happy to discuss the incident further if you would like to visit to the practice.

Dshor67 gave Drake Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Recent filling

after breaking my tooth I was in need of a nhs dentist and was fortunate that a friend told me about this dental practice.
From the appointment process to the final treatment, I was very impressed.
The text reminders are really helpful.
I was a little apprehensive to say the least about having treatment, but she was brilliant, explaining everything to me.
Parking could be a problem,, as it’s on a busy main road.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 22 June 2018

Drake Dental Practice replied on 23 June 2018

Thank you for your kind and positive feedback and for taking time out to leave a review. I am glad that you were impressed with the practice and that you had a good experience. We are continually investing in the practice including Information Technology to make the patient experience better. As you rightly pointed out the practice is on a busy main road, however, there is free parking available on the side streets and behind the Practice, the receptions can advise you on this.

Anonymous gave Drake Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Painful experience.

During the week my cap on my tooth had come off. I went to this dentist and was seen. I was told it would be a tooth extraction. When I went to my 2nd appt., the dentist first began to clean the teeth then decided on to do a filling. She began by giving 2 injections to numb the area. when she proceeded it was still painful to drill so a third injection was given, she proceeded it was still painful. This continued until she was about to give the 6th injection. I had to stop her as I was now under too much stress and was literally shaking, which I was told was the anaesthetic. She reluctantly put a temporary filling saying "well you still have to have it done". There was no sympathy no reassurance during the procedure except abruptness. Explained that I had written one the form that I have high blood pressure and I could tell it had gone up. She then said I have to extract the tooth because everything had been done. She was extremely intimidating, all I wanted to do was to get out,The tooth was extracted. I have been in pain from the continuous injections and have been put off from going to a dentist. I have never experienced this before with my previous wonderful dentist who had retired. i would not recommend this dentist.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 26 June 2018

Drake Dental Practice replied on 01 July 2018

I am sorry you had a bad experience when visiting the Dental Practice. We aim to provide a professional and friendly service and our reviews are very positive in this regard. I cannot comment on individual clinical cases but | will conduct an investigation into the incident. I appreciate all feedback and you are welcome to come in to the practice to have a discussion if you wish.

Mrs Yusaf gave Drake Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Overall impression

Drake street dental practice have without doubt been the best dental practice I have ever had. Their conduct iand procedures are professional and their after care is second to none.

The dentists are very attentive and the level of care given out regarding the treatments is exceptional. I am incredibly impressed by the staff at this practice. Thankyou to all concernedl at this establishment.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 26 June 2018

Drake Dental Practice replied on 01 July 2018

Thank you for taking time out to write such a nice review. Your comments are greatly appreciated. We are grateful for all feedback we receive and we will continually strive the provide the best patient experience possible.
We hope to see you again soon!

ghulam mustafa gave Drake Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

check up

a great people at the reception allway greet you with a smile,i come out after my treatment or check up with a smile bless this dentist

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 18 April 2018

Drake Dental Practice replied on 23 June 2018

Thank you for your feedback,it is greatly appreciated. We look forward to hearing from you and seeing you at your next check-up.

Anonymous gave Drake Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent all round.

I have been a patient at Drake Dental Practice for many years and have seen it go from strength to strength. I have always been treated with kindness and courtesy from the Reception staff to the Dentist and Dental Nurses. The Reception staff have also been there many years which says a lot about the pleasant atmosphere this Practice has.
On my visit this time, I was a little concerned as to what treatment I may need, however I needn't have been, as usual my treatment was carried out quickly and painlessly by a friendly Dentist and Dental Nurse. The public are sometimes quick to complain and not so quick to compliment so after all these years I felt it was about time I made my feelings known. I would highly recommend this Practice. Thank you.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 06 March 2018

Drake Dental Practice replied on 18 March 2018

Thank you for taking time out to write your lovely comment! I have shared with the staff members.Such feedback is great for staff motivation and helps to increase morale. I am glad that are the staff are making your visit as pleasant as I hope you continue to see us in the future.

L Andrews gave Drake Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Brilliant dentist practice

I have been with the practice for many years, I cannot fault them. They offer extended hours on Monday and Thursday evenings and always try and fit you, in a emergency. They have the patients best interests at heart, my previous dentist has now retired I am now seen by another dentist who is also fantastic. The reception staff are very professional and helpful.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 15 April 2018

Drake Dental Practice replied on 17 April 2018

Thank you for taking time out to write such a nice review. Your comments are greatly appreciated. It was sad to see Martin Amos retire but I am glad you are getting along with your new dentist. We are grateful for all feedback we receive and we will continually strive the provide the best patient experience possible.

Partner

Anonymous gave Drake Dental Practice a rating of 3 stars

Rude Receptionists!

I have been at this practice for years- Always see the reception staff speak so rudely to patients whilst waiting for my appointments. Today I had a really bad experience personally. I had an appointment booked which I needed to re-arrange. I emailed the receptionist, tried ringing them all day and left them voicemails with no return message. I finally managed to get threw to them 2 days later and I was a little frustrated about having to contact them a numerous number of times over a 2 day period. The receptionist was so rude with no apology or empathy- very poor service and I am very unhappy. Working in the NHS myself, I would never speak to my patients in such a manner. Beware of the receptionist! Otherwise my dentist is lovely

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 23 January 2018

Drake Dental Practice replied on 29 January 2018

I am sorry about your experience at the practice and that you felt it felt short of what you would expect from Drake Dental Practice. Our receptionists are very experienced and generally receive very positive feedback.
I apologise that you could not get through but he phones can get busy at peak times. If you leave a message we will always try and return your call. We have just installed a new phone system and we had some problems initially which have been resolved. If you would like to discuss this matter in person then I would be more than happy to do so in person or over the phone.

Principal dentist/partner