The Smile Centre

0115 9864741 5 Victoria Embankment , Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 2JY

Crown re-cemented

Excellent service, I got a same day appointment, didn't have to wait and crown was re-fixed without further visits needed, very pleased with the service.

Visited in May 2019. Posted on 07 May 2019

Anonymous gave The Smile Centre a rating of 2 stars

Poor service and treatment

It is regrettable that I have to write that after 17 years of great service by the dentist (who now has left the practice) my first session with the replacement dentist wasn’t a nice experience.
My treatment falls into band 1 which for the £21.80 you get a check and assessment from the dentist plus cleaning if required, which after 12 months you would think is required! I got the quick check and assessment (no offer of a mouth rinse afterwards) then came the hard sell on using the hygiene nurse to clean my teeth! At least every 2 months was repeated frequently and I was even given a booking form to make sure I booked my hygiene visit, which I didn’t by the way.
Handing over my dental records to the receptionist, I mention the absence of any cleaning and how the dentist always gave your teeth a clean afterwards. The reply I got was “well the dentist was a old style dentist” which stunned me and excuse the pun left a bad taste in my mouth!
Anybody know the practice the dentist is working in now?

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 08 January 2019

Anonymous gave The Smile Centre a rating of 1 stars

Can’t even get hold of them

36 attempts to get through and still no joy. Either doesn’t even ring or you get a message saying you’re in a line. It then rings forever with no pickup. Sometimes it just rings and misses the message. I got a human once who said how can I help and then I was cut off! Sat here in pain and a bit frustrated!

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 10 September 2018

Dawn gave The Smile Centre a rating of 5 stars

Great practice

The dentist is very accommodating
Turned up with such bad toothache and no appointments free but I was asked to sit and wait
I was seen within an hour and had the treatment there and then thank you for the care
I've been with this dental practice for many years and have always been very well looked after
Very happy to leave a review as requested

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 03 August 2018

Unhappy with service.

Waited 5 weeks to be seen, turned up 4 minutes late and then had to rebook for 4 week's time. No attempt to work around the problem, just a flat refusal to see me that day. Sometimes circumstances out of one's control cause lateness!

I have never been seen by a dentist immediately in my entire life and yet am expected to be completely understanding about it.

Ended up changing practices to another Dental Centre who could fit me in within 6 days.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 06 July 2018

Unhelpful

111 advised me to ring the practice for an emergency appointment, which I did as soon as the phone lines opened only to be told quite rudely that they didn’t have any appointments left for 111 referrals so they couldn’t help me. I appreciate that appointments are limited but I find it hard to believe that there weren’t any left when I rang as soon as they opened. The person that answered the phone was very abrupt and sounded as though answering the phone had inconvenienced her

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 04 January 2018

The Smile Centre replied on 09 January 2018

Dear valued patient, we take all feedback very seriously and we constantly look to improve our services. We would be very grateful if you could contact the practice manager directly to go through any issues you may have had with your experience at our practice so we can properly look into your concerns. We would value further feedback from you.

very happy

very happy with the treatment received, the therapist is very good at explaining things to me , after a bad experience elsewhere I am very happy to return to the Smile centre in the future.

Dear Patient,

I am glad to hear you are happy with the treatment you have received and would like to thank you for taking time out of your day to provide us with valued feedback.

second to non

Thank you to the great staff at this busy but very caring practice. I had a sit and wait appointment but they managed to get me seen very quickly. The reception staff are very friendly and make you feel at ease and the nurse and dentist very caring and gentle.

I have been coming here for almost 20 years and have never been disappointed by the service received.

The Smile Centre replied on 25 June 2018

Dear Patient,

We are delighted you were happy with the treatment received at our practice, we always aim to provide outstanding care for our patients.

Thank you for taking out the time to leave a review

well looked after

The staff looked after me from arriving at the practice to the treatment and care given.

I would recommend the practice to my family and friends and was happy to leave feedback when asked by the receptionist.

The Smile Centre replied on 09 January 2018

We appreciate your kind feedback and will pass it on to our staff. We hope to see you back for your next check up!

Anonymous gave The Smile Centre a rating of 2 stars

Still waiting to be seen

I chipped my tooth about 4 months ago. When I phoned for an appointment I was given one two months away. This appointment was then cancelled on the day and they could not get me in for another two months. I said that I was in pain so they got me in to see another dentist who patched it up, but has not resolved the problem, so I took the appointment offered. This was then cancelled by text the day before. I've tried to ring to rearrange but it's either rung out, or said it is closed for lunch (outside of the lunch closing time). I'm 39 weeks pregnant, so it won't be sorted before the baby is born and I've no idea when I'll be able to get back in after the baby's born. I'm in quite a bit of pain and I'm worried about how long this "fix" will last.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 20 November 2017

The Smile Centre replied on 22 November 2017

Dear Valued Patient,

I am really sorry that your experience with the practice was not satisfactory. I would like the opportunity to discuss this with you in person, please can you email me your details to smile.manager@rodericksdental.co.uk so that I can call you.