The Smile Centre

0115 9864741 5 Victoria Embankment , Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 2JY

Dawn gave The Smile Centre a rating of 5 stars

Great practice

The dentist is very accommodating
Turned up with such bad toothache and no appointments free but I was asked to sit and wait
I was seen within an hour and had the treatment there and then thank you for the care
I've been with this dental practice for many years and have always been very well looked after
Very happy to leave a review as requested

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 03 August 2018

The Smile Centre has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave The Smile Centre a rating of 1 stars

Unhappy with service.

Waited 5 weeks to be seen, turned up 4 minutes late and then had to rebook for 4 week's time. No attempt to work around the problem, just a flat refusal to see me that day. Sometimes circumstances out of one's control cause lateness!

I have never been seen by a dentist immediately in my entire life and yet am expected to be completely understanding about it.

Ended up changing practices to another Dental Centre who could fit me in within 6 days.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 06 July 2018

The Smile Centre has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave The Smile Centre a rating of 1 stars

Unhelpful

111 advised me to ring the practice for an emergency appointment, which I did as soon as the phone lines opened only to be told quite rudely that they didn’t have any appointments left for 111 referrals so they couldn’t help me. I appreciate that appointments are limited but I find it hard to believe that there weren’t any left when I rang as soon as they opened. The person that answered the phone was very abrupt and sounded as though answering the phone had inconvenienced her

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 04 January 2018

The Smile Centre replied on 09 January 2018

Dear valued patient, we take all feedback very seriously and we constantly look to improve our services. We would be very grateful if you could contact the practice manager directly to go through any issues you may have had with your experience at our practice so we can properly look into your concerns. We would value further feedback from you.

very happy

very happy with the treatment received, the therapist is very good at explaining things to me , after a bad experience elsewhere I am very happy to return to the Smile centre in the future.

Dear Patient,

I am glad to hear you are happy with the treatment you have received and would like to thank you for taking time out of your day to provide us with valued feedback.

second to non

Thank you to the great staff at this busy but very caring practice. I had a sit and wait appointment but they managed to get me seen very quickly. The reception staff are very friendly and make you feel at ease and the nurse and dentist very caring and gentle.

I have been coming here for almost 20 years and have never been disappointed by the service received.

The Smile Centre replied on 25 June 2018

Dear Patient,

We are delighted you were happy with the treatment received at our practice, we always aim to provide outstanding care for our patients.

Thank you for taking out the time to leave a review

well looked after

The staff looked after me from arriving at the practice to the treatment and care given.

I would recommend the practice to my family and friends and was happy to leave feedback when asked by the receptionist.

The Smile Centre replied on 09 January 2018

We appreciate your kind feedback and will pass it on to our staff. We hope to see you back for your next check up!

Anonymous gave The Smile Centre a rating of 2 stars

Still waiting to be seen

I chipped my tooth about 4 months ago. When I phoned for an appointment I was given one two months away. This appointment was then cancelled on the day and they could not get me in for another two months. I said that I was in pain so they got me in to see another dentist who patched it up, but has not resolved the problem, so I took the appointment offered. This was then cancelled by text the day before. I've tried to ring to rearrange but it's either rung out, or said it is closed for lunch (outside of the lunch closing time). I'm 39 weeks pregnant, so it won't be sorted before the baby is born and I've no idea when I'll be able to get back in after the baby's born. I'm in quite a bit of pain and I'm worried about how long this "fix" will last.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 20 November 2017

The Smile Centre replied on 22 November 2017

Dear Valued Patient,

I am really sorry that your experience with the practice was not satisfactory. I would like the opportunity to discuss this with you in person, please can you email me your details to smile.manager@rodericksdental.co.uk so that I can call you.

kay harris gave The Smile Centre a rating of 5 stars

Very happy with service received

was referred here by my dentist and was made to feel very relaxed during the treatment, I am very nervous and was worried about the extraction being painful, it was pain free.
Thankyou

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 10 November 2017

The Smile Centre replied on 21 November 2017

Dear Patient, thank you for such lovely feedback, we shall share your kind words with the team.

Anonymous gave The Smile Centre a rating of 3 stars

Delay in treatment resulted in further costs

Feedback given through this arena due to the practice not reacting to feedback. I recently had to cancel my appointment and then had it cancelled twice thereafter due to the dentists illness, apparently you cannot see another dentist if yours is off ill for routine treatment, unlike a GP which seems ridiculous, anyway these two subsequent cancellations then resulted in "the computer" showing that I had to pay again for treatment, as it had extended beyond the time limit for treatment. No amount of explaining this was not my fault for the last 2 cancellations, but theirs, as the dentist was ill and had cancelled on me, this is something they would not they take on board!. The reception staff are the most unhelpful bunch you could wish for. All they could respond with was the computer is showing this to be the case and we have to resolve the payments!! Contacting them by telephone is a nightmare it either rings and rings and not answered to ringing then being cut off as if they have cut the call off, when I have pointed this out now on three separate occasions they keep saying there is a fault. If there is guys get it checked out or answer the phone!! Not sure I would recommend this practice due to the poor reception staff who are frontline staff and do not give the practice a good first impression.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 07 November 2017

The Smile Centre replied on 22 November 2017

Dear Valued Patient,

I am really sorry to hear that your experience with our practice has not been satisfactory. Please can I ask you to email me your details to smile.manager@rodericksdental.co.uk so that I can discuss this matter in person with you.

We are having an issue with our telephone system and are awaiting a new one to be installed.

Thank you for providing feedback.

Aln Wilson gave The Smile Centre a rating of 5 stars

Thirty years of outstanding service

Since moving to Nottingham in 1987, having rather neglected my dental health in the previous few years, I signed up with the Smile Centre as an NHS patient under the care of the dentist. Throughout all the intervening years the dentist and their team have looked my teeth in an exemplary fashion. Just recently I have had the benefit of the dentist's skill in cosmetic dentistry. Again the skill and professionalism shown was outstanding.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 28 September 2017

The Smile Centre replied on 21 November 2017

Thank you for your feedback about your experience at our Practice. We are very pleased to hear that you are happy with the service that you have received from us. All of our providers take great care in the delivery of their treatment and are always conscious of making sure our patients are comfortable and enjoy their visits. We look forward to seeing you again for your future dental care.