Victoria House Dental Practice

01509611035 Victoria House, 2 Victoria Street , Loughborough, Leicestershire, LE11 2EN

Pete gave Victoria House Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Emergency Appointment

I had been told that if I wished to make an emergency appointment that I should call at 08.30 which I did on the dot. Immediately I was in position 4 so possibly 3 other people were ahead of me but that's fine. After 17 minutes I was told I was at position 1 and straight after a male recorded message said that the call could not be taken so leave a message. I barely started leaving the message when I was cut off. When phoning back I was on hold for another 20 minutes with no update on position until I gave up. I have tried periodically during this morning but still to no avail so I am going to go in person after work. I have been with them as a patient for 14 years and as long as you have your booking months in advance and stick to it everything is fine but when an emergency crops up...well this is the result

Visited in April 2019. Posted on 23 April 2019

celia mcallister gave Victoria House Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Terrible Practice

I had an appointment at 13.00 on the 18th March. I was not informed of any delays when I checked in at reception. At 13.30 I asked a receptionist for an update. She informed me that she would send the dentist a message. 13.50 I was finally called into see the dentist. The dentist said she was sorry about the delay. I told her that I did not want to be treated at the practice again and left.
Why was I not informed of this delay when I arrived. I could have made an appointment for another date. I will never go to this practice again.

Visited in March 2019. Posted on 20 March 2019

Anonymous gave Victoria House Dental Practice a rating of 3 stars

Terrible to get through on the phone. Tried for two days, left a message to which they never replied to. Reception does appear to be chaotic at times.

They made an error on my paperwork resulting in having to £100 extra for a penalty fine.

I have not spoken to them about this but it will be raised. Be interesting to see how they deal with a complaint.

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 13 March 2019

Anonymous gave Victoria House Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent dentist with professional support staff.

No one likes going to the dentist but I left with a smile on my face. No pun intended. The dentist I saw was professional, caring and good at her job. I was a little nervous as I was treated without aneasthetic (it was available if I wanted) but I need not have worried. She was superb. I felt cared for.

Visited in February 2019. Posted on 14 February 2019

Anonymous gave Victoria House Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

very poor service

I was with this practice for over 20 years and very happy with my treatment until about 2 years ago when all the experienced dentists disappeared, and every available spaced was turned into treatment rooms filled with inexperienced clinicians supported by insufficient reception staff. I am trying to remove myself from their register but after three sessions queuing on the phone to try to talk to someone have all but given up.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 12 February 2019

Unhappy gave Victoria House Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Unhappy

I have been with this practice for many years as a private patient and have been very happy with both my dentist and hygienist. Apparently my dentist retired in October .As I understood, my contract was with that particular dentist. Nobody informed me about the retirement. I only found out yesterday, by chance, when I rang to rearrange an appointment which was suddenly cancelled the day before I was due to come in. I might add here that it took me two days to get through on the phone. Imagine my surprise and then annoyance when I was told I have been put me on the list of another dentist without any consultation. I was particularly upset that they kept taking my monthly payment as well! That was not right either. At the very least I should have been given the choice of continuing on the contract and choosing my dentist or at least being introduced to the one they had chosen for me! So no I don’t feel comfortable with the way they conduct themselves and don’t feel I can recommend them to anyone

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 11 January 2019

Alison Cook gave Victoria House Dental Practice a rating of 3 stars

Practice Upgrade

I have been a patient at this practice for 40 years and have previously found the service very good. Unfortunately, since the practice has been revamped and undertaken a major facelift the service gets poorer and deteriorates by the month.
Much of the time it is difficult to even get through on the phone, my last contact being that it took many telephone calls (as and when) over a period of 3 days just to cancel an appointment so , it is a good job it was a future booking. There are 2 receptions but, can not remember the last time the upstairs was manned and available. My last appointment it took me 10 minutes to check in as there was only one poor receptionist on duty. One of the hygienists had to step in to assist with people that were simply just checking in.
I even rang once for an emergency appointment due to a broken tooth only to be informed that my usual dentist was on holiday, but when stating I did not mind who I saw .........as I was not in any discomfort - they prefer that I see my regular dentist so booked me in for 2 weeks later.
The website is totally useless, it is hard to navigate, the booking systems only show staff that you have never heard off and should you try emailing, you get no response.
As my dentist has now retired, after 40 years of amicable treatments, I am seriously debating whether I should take this opportunity to move to another practice.
N.B. My ratings are mainly based on my previous dentist

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 28 November 2018

Victoria House Dental Practice replied on 28 December 2018

Hi Alison, thank you for taking out the time to leave a review, we are sorry for how you have felt with the service provided, we are currently bringing in some improvements to our phone system which will have a knock on effect for everything else, unfortunately we do receive high numbers of phone calls however with our systems coming in this should all be helped. In regards to your comments about the team and booking service we have made a few changes which again should all bring a positive impact for our patients. Apologies again and thank you again for your feedback

Anonymous gave Victoria House Dental Practice a rating of 3 stars

Reception

I am a new patient reception seems busy and chaotic I turn up before my apt and had to wait 10 mins just to check in the reception area is small staff seem pleasant enough but reception needs to run smoothly to make sure all patients are checked in quicker

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 12 November 2018

Victoria House Dental Practice replied on 21 January 2019

Thank you for your review, we shall pass your comments onto our practice team and look into addressing the matter.

Kind Reagrds

Anonymous gave Victoria House Dental Practice a rating of 2 stars

Ametuer reception

I have been a patient at this practice for over 50 yrs and have noticed that over several years the reception experience has been declining to the point that on my recent visit it was amateur at best. I was greeted with the fact that my regular dentist had left the practice, something that in the past had I had been informed of prior to visiting and with options of choice for the future. For the first time in many years I was asked to take a seat upstairs. What a difference from the last time, the area was very dated from the ground floor which looked like it had been converted by inexperienced trades people, not a welcoming area for patients.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 31 October 2018

Anonymous gave Victoria House Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Poor service

Whilst the actual dentist was ok, the service at this surgery was appalling. The reception staff did not seem interested that people were at the desk. One didn't look up at all whilst another was sat in the waiting room chatting to her friend. The facility seems quite dated.

On leaving, the receptionist asked if I needed any other appointments which I said no to. She was then happy to let me go before I asked if I owed any money. To this she asked if I had had a check-up (despite coming out of the surgery and handing her paperwork from the dentist). She then charged me the appropriate amount once I had told her that I had had a check-up.

Whilst this was my first visit, I won't be returning. The whole experience was pretty disappointing from start to finish.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 16 August 2018