Blaby Dental Practice

0116 277 1654 42 Lutterworth Road, Blaby , Leics, Leicestershire, LE8 4DN

Anonymous gave Blaby Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

OK dentists: awful reception staff

I had been using this dentist for a number of years but was very badly let down by them when I needed a tooth removing last year. I would like to say more, but my review comments would not be passed by the moderators of this review site. Needless to say, I would not recommend this dentist at all!

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 24 January 2019

Anonymous gave Blaby Dental Practice a rating of 4 stars

Members of staff are a let down

I had been recommended by a friend to join this practice as they was accepting new NHS patients. As I approached reception, everyone was too busy gossiping about other patients and laughing loudly. I was standing at the desk waiting to be seen yet no one attended to me. There was 4 members of staff at the desk. I did not expect this, I wasn’t pleased at all with the welcoming received from the staff. The dentist I saw was very good, unfortuntlaly the staff at reception have put me off.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 21 April 2018

Anonymous gave Blaby Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Professional

Good level of service from the practice, professional and very accommodating. The dentist has been so helpful with my treatment and can not stress enough how pleased I am with the outcome.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 10 March 2018

Alison Taylor gave Blaby Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Anxious patient

I have been scared to go to the dentist all my adult life because, as many adults have had, I had a nasty dental experience as a child, and not many good ones since! This dentist is the first dentist I will not be scared to go back to. It’s taken 57 years but I finally have a dentist who is gentle, explains fully what’s going to happen, and how it might feel. No endless injections to finally numb, quick and efficient with every opportunity to stop if I want to. I can’t thank him enough. I will be a regular attender now without dreading it and feeling sick with anxiety.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 23 February 2018

Lewis gave Blaby Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

First Visit After 18 Years Of Anxiety

I can't put into words the level of fear and anxiety I had. Walking past a dentist was enough to make me feel bad. My last visit to a dentist was 18 years ago when I was 14. I was told I needed a tooth removing and that was it I never went back. Now aged 32 the tooth had slowly gotten really bad and had even broken to the gum line around most of it causing my anxiety and fear to go off the scale. After over a year of a completely broken tooth it finally started to cause considerable pain. That was it I knew I had to face my biggest fear.

I had an appointment booked for me. The staff was notified about my fear and anxiety. The big day came and that is when I met my dentist. He immediately asked how I was and I said nervous, just to clarify. After reassuring me today would be just looking I instantly felt calm and relaxed, ready to talk about my problem. My dentist then calmly asked me about my fears and anxiety in a really understanding and non judgmental way. I explained I couldn't pin point what my exact fear was and it was just the whole process I was uncomfortable with. I then allowed the Dr to,take a look in my mouth and we talked through my options. I decided a removal would be the best option for me even though the thought alone was enough to,get me running out of,the door. By the time I left I was totally calm and happy to,made the appointment for the removal 10 days later.

The big day came and after 10 days my anxiety was back and rather bad. My sleep had been affected and I very almost cancelled the appointment two days before. Boy am I glad I didn't! My dentist explained what he would do on my first appointment so I knew what to expect. Again he really calmed me and made me feel as comfortable as possible. After realising I hadn't eaten he gave me a sugar sweet that gave me an energy boost.

This was it now,, no,backing out. Out came the dreaded needle to numb my tooth and It was no way near as bad as I'd built it up to be over 18 years. Once that was done that was it I really didn't feel a thing. After the Dr cleaned my teeth he then began the removal. It turned out it was a little more tricky than first anticipated and required a little more effort. It was removed in a couple of pieces. I realised this half way through and still there was no pain what so ever. All that was felt was a fair bit of pressure on my jaw as the tooth was loosened. Yes it was a little uncomfortable but really no way near as bad as I had built it up to be. There was non of what I was expecting what so ever.

Anyway Dr managed to remove all,of the tooth and I was very pleased with myself him for doing an amazing job. After getting home I then realised Dr had removed all,of the stains from my teeth and I almost cried. I how have a confident smile again and I've faced my biggest fear with one of the best guys for the job. Thanks so much. I will now be going for regular check ups with almost no anxiety at the though. Result :)

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 18 December 2017

Anonymous gave Blaby Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Horrid experiences overall

I have been with this practice for over 15 years and it has slowly gone downhill. It was fantastic at the beginning, appointments were always on time or within five minutes and the dentists were lovely and caring. When I visit now it is always a horrid experience from the reception staff to dentists. I have had several appointments cancelled in the past and on one particular occasion I was in the surgery about 10 mins late and so was another patient who was 20 mins late for the same reason. There was a traffic incident en route. The receptionist told them they could still be seen but did not allow me to keep my appointment. Absolutely disgusted with the staff. It is not uncommon to wait over half an hour at least past your actual appointment time. The dentist just try and push you into having private care instead of NHS which should in theory be the same or similar but not. I asked About scaling and the dentist said the private treatment is better as it will be more thorough, the NHS treatment for the same thing would be extremely basic. Greedy, uncaring so called professionals. I have had enough and am trying to find a more professional caring practice.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 20 September 2017

Blaby Dental Practice replied on 02 November 2017

Dear Anonymous,
I am sorry to read your comments posted on the website on 20/09/16 and to learn that you are unhappy with the service you received from the practice.

We value patient feedback and welcome the opportunity to investigate and respond to any concerns. I would invite you to contact Hayley Williams (Practice Manager) so we can fully investigate your concerns.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,