Central Dental Practice

01332 202200 52-56 Curzon Street, Derby , Derbyshire, DE1 1LP

John gave Central Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Dental treatment and hygienist visit

My dentist was so helpful and explained in great detail regarding the treatment I could have which I’m looking forward very much to my forthcoming appointments in July and August.

I had wonderful advice from the hygienist. I can assure you that I have acted on contacting my GP regarding the medication that I currently take for my blood pressure as it affects my gums.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 20 June 2018

Why have a phone?

Contacting this practice is a nightmare phone don’t get answered and have had to visit in person twice to make enquiries. They state inability to make contact, no one else has an issue contacting me!
Suggestion to receptionists maybe try leaving a voicemail, sending a text or email. And before the data protection excuse is used a simple text/email stating please call us back we’ve tried to reach you won’t breach any confidentiality laws.
The have no issue in sending appointment reminders via text/email what a surprise.
I can only echo other comments maybe it’s a tactic to put off NHS patients as they seemed more interested in whitening etc than the everyday filling/extraction.
And if they request evidence for cancellation then they really can’t be interested in patient or customer care.
Are the dentists obligated to give 48hrs notice if they can’t make an appointment? or do us patients just get a text message an hour before?
Look elsewhere people there are plenty more options in town.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 22 May 2018

Anonymous gave Central Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

It was my first visit to a dentist in many years.

As I am a very nervous patient for many reasons and had not been to a dentist for several years I felt completely at ease with the dentist and valued the friendly communicative approach to treatment. The visit did much to restore my confidence in going to the dentist.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 09 March 2018

Anonymous gave Central Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

£20 to see dentist, not told by receptionist when made app.

the receptionist told me to give £20 to see dentist, when i went to the appointment, her behaviour was rude. she did not tell me when i made the appointment that it costs £20. i believe i have to be assessed by the dentist first before. how she knew what the problem was before i was assessed by the dentists, is beyond me. even why i went in she was on the phone, then after she tried to act like i was not there. how can such incompetent people work there jobs. she was not a dentist, why does she think i'm interested in her assessment? a waste of time.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 01 April 2018

Moomoosmum gave Central Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

One of the best welcoming and relaxing dentists I’ve been to

As a nervous dentist user needing some work after not going to see a dentist for a few years I plucked the courage up and I’m glad I did, quick appointments and lovely welcoming staff at reception, the dentist and dental nurse I saw were fantastic made me feel at ease, and couldn’t have been more friendly and reassuring, treatment for my teeth was explained and booked in to commence,
If you are looking for an NHS dentist then stop your search as you have found them

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 12 February 2018

Anonymous gave Central Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Did not received service I was expecting to receive

Based on my last visit experience I feel like I did not received service I was expecting to receive.

Dentist did not let me know what is he actually doing and did not offered or explained treatment would be the best, he just made decision himself. Said that he could not guarantee that the ''filling'' will last long, but unfortunately my tooth is still sensitive and now I need to look for another dental practice.
I feel like I am wasting my money.
Tried to make a complain but they never answers phone calls, sent them email, but no response.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 04 March 2018

Anonymous gave Central Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent

I have had 2 appointments there and they have been great both times. The staff were friendly, patient and really knowledgable.
I had my 2 month old baby with me at the second time and they were really accommodating for us. They swapped my appointment so I could feed her (she decided to have a meltdown as we went in). They entertained her whilst I had my treatment and gave me some great tips on what to do when her teeth come through.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 16 January 2018

Sally gave Central Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

General appointments

Very welcoming, relaxing environment. Dentist is very nice and makes children feel at ease as well as adults. Would recommend the surgery.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 26 October 2017

Maria Fallows gave Central Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Treatment by Curzon Street Dental Practice

Extremely pleased with overall treatment - all procedures explained and was very pleased to be checked for mouth cancer. Hardly any waiting time. Suggested that I see the Hygienist as some of my teeth were a No. 4 which apparently isn't too good so am trying to get down to a No.3 with their help- they are fantastic, so gentle and explains everything. I used to be a very nervous patient but now have no qualms about attending so many thanks to all involved.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 11 August 2017

Leanne reviewed Central Dental Practice

General appointments

I have always received a fantastic service from every member of the team. I was quite a nervous patient when joining and all staff made me feel at ease. The dentist is especially brilliant, I can not thank them enough for the time and patience they have shown me.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 03 May 2017