The Dental Surgery

01473 252071 Ipswich Emergency Dentist, 17a Great Colman Street , Ipswich, Suffolk, IP4 2AN

Anonymous gave The Dental Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Speedy help given

I contacted this dentist between Christmas and New Year. Both the dentist and receptionist/nurse were very helpful and courteous. They took sufficient time to explain and x-ray to make sure. Having had a very bad experience locally just before Christmas, my faith in dentists was completely restored....if this dentist was taking NHS patients on I would have no hesitation.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 02 January 2017

The Dental Surgery replied on 11 January 2017

Thank you for your positive feedback and we are pleased you were happy with the service provided by ipswich emergency dentist

Tasha x gave The Dental Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Emergency appointment

I got an emergency appointment to have my back tooth looked at due to it being broken and giving me horrid toothachE.the dentist was so welcoming and understand I have a serve problem with the dentist and having injections however this dentist has put my confident back into getting my tooth checked and sorted. The dentist even gave me an extra dose of injection to make sure I don't feel my tooth being taken out which I didn't feel at all compared to my last experience with my old dentist ... Thank you so Much. If you scared of the dentist use this one as they have resorted my confident fully

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 03 October 2016

The Dental Surgery replied on 20 December 2016

Thank you for taking the time to record your feedback and we are pleased you were happy with your experience here at Ipswich emergency dental service.

Carol gave The Dental Surgery a rating of 5 stars

I am very relaxed and calm with the dentist .. as nervous

Very happy with the dentist made me feel relaxed

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 12 October 2016

Anonymous reviewed The Dental Surgery

Emergency treatment

I arranged to see a dentist at this practice last week having been given details by 111. I found the staff to be friendly and helpful. The dentist was patient with me as I am very nervous. They removed a tooth that was giving me a lot of pain and I didn't feel a thing. I can recommend this practice for nervous patients like myself.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 07 September 2016

O.Keenan gave The Dental Surgery a rating of 5 stars

O.Keenan emergency extraction

over the weekend i managed to crack my lower back wisdom tooth i had gone to my local dentist and due to not being on the books it was going to be a 6-8 week wait due to them being fully booked so i when home and looked online and found this practice that was accepting emergence bookings i gave them a call and the person on the over side was very polite and managed to get me a appointment with the dentist in 30 mins time i arrived at the practice sat for a bit as there was prior appointment before myself i was greeted by the dentist and they ask a few question on the issue i had, the dentist then talked me few the options and gave me local anesthetic and a x ray the dentist then ask me to wait outside to give it time to numb the area, the dentist then called me in and after reviewing the x ray suggested that the tooth to be remove to which i was happy to have done before the dentist started they told me that due to it being a wisdom tooth there was a slight risk that it could cause temporary numbness to my tongue /lip or permanent but that it has never happen under their practice i has happy for the extraction to continue and he topped up the anesthetic before removal and left happy with no pain

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 22 August 2016

The Dental Surgery replied on 23 August 2016

Many thanks for your positive feedback for Ipswich Emergency Dentist service. We aim to see patients promptly during the week and provide all necessary treatment such as extractions to alleviate pain in a single visit.

J B gave The Dental Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Emergency dental care

I was very reluctant to make this review as I do not typically like to leave negative feedback however I was very dissatisfied by the service I received. I felt that the dentist I saw lacked compassion, empathy and did not treat me with dignity. The dentist made me feel as though I deserved to be in pain. I do not feel I was involved in making decisions about my treatment. I found the dentist unprofessional and rude at times as they spoke about me whilst I was in the room as though I wasn't there and also undermined another dental provider who I had previously been seen by. I was in a lot of pain and just wanted some advice about how to manage this however the dentist appeared very reluctant to offer help and I felt that I had to beg for help. I left the practice feeling very low and I would recommend my family and friends to avoid this practice.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 12 July 2016

The Dental Surgery replied on 18 July 2016

This review does not reflect the pattern of feedback we receive as a practice which is overwhelming positive and we always offer help to our patients with dental problems. Nevertheless we take all genuine negative feedback seriously and would welcome the opportunity to respond to your concerns in a more personal and confidential setting. If you are able to contact the practice, we will deal with your concerns in a constructive and sensitive manner and invite you then to reconsider them in the light of allowing us the opportunity to deal with them first.

Saphire gave The Dental Surgery a rating of 4 stars

Wisdom Extraction

Had to make an emergency appointment due to an infected wisdom tooth, was given antibiotics and another appointment was made to have it removed. Even though I have had 8 teeth out before, I was still nervous and the dentist and dental assistant put me at ease. My recovery was fantastic and no issues following.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 16 August 2016