The Dental Surgery

01473 252071 Ipswich Emergency Dentist, 17a Great Colman Street , Ipswich, Suffolk, IP4 2AN

Tooth extraction

I booked an emergency appointment for an extraction. I got an appointment the same day. Great dentist and very quick job done.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 12 March 2018

The Dental Surgery replied on 13 March 2018

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We are pleased that you had a positive experience at M L Crowe, Ipswich emergency and cosmetic dentist.

Laura K gave The Dental Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Great Dentist

I visited today with my two young nervous children. The receptionist was warm and friendly. The surgery was clean and welcoming and the dentist quickly put my children at ease by explaining what would happen during their first check up. Very happy with the service provided today and would happily recommend this surgery to other patients.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 02 February 2018

The Dental Surgery replied on 02 February 2018

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a positive review of both our dentist and receptionist. We are pleased that you found the Practice was welcoming and that your children enjoyed their first visit.
Regards M L Crowe, Ipswich emergency, NHS and cosmetic dentist.

Tooth extraction

Unfortunately I had to have a tooth extracted. But, the dentist was gentle and the process quick and painless. The dental nurses were also very considerate. This could not have been a better experience and I would highly recommend this dental surgery.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 24 January 2018

The Dental Surgery replied on 24 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review for our dental practice and we are pleased that you had a positive experience at M L Crowe, Ipswich emergency and cosmetic dentist.

Sandra gave The Dental Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Emergency appointment

I chipped the back of my tooth and this was the only dentist that got back to me on the same day. When there was no one available to answer the phone, I got a text message a short while after, asking if they can do anything to help - which was amazing!!!
I managed to get an emergency appointment the next day straight away, no issues. I felt really at ease, that I was in good hands, with someone who knew what they were doing and with great prices too! Really really happy, and actually looking forward to coming back!!

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 31 January 2018

The Dental Surgery replied on 31 January 2018

Many thanks for taking the time to leave such a positive review. We are pleased that you had a good experience at
M L Crowe Ipswich Emergency Dentist and look forward to seeing you again.

Speedy help given

I contacted this dentist between Christmas and New Year. Both the dentist and receptionist/nurse were very helpful and courteous. They took sufficient time to explain and x-ray to make sure. Having had a very bad experience locally just before Christmas, my faith in dentists was completely restored....if this dentist was taking NHS patients on I would have no hesitation.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 02 January 2017

The Dental Surgery replied on 11 January 2017

Thank you for your positive feedback and we are pleased you were happy with the service provided by ipswich emergency dentist

Tasha x gave The Dental Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Emergency appointment

I got an emergency appointment to have my back tooth looked at due to it being broken and giving me horrid toothachE.the dentist was so welcoming and understand I have a serve problem with the dentist and having injections however this dentist has put my confident back into getting my tooth checked and sorted. The dentist even gave me an extra dose of injection to make sure I don't feel my tooth being taken out which I didn't feel at all compared to my last experience with my old dentist ... Thank you so Much. If you scared of the dentist use this one as they have resorted my confident fully

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 03 October 2016

The Dental Surgery replied on 20 December 2016

Thank you for taking the time to record your feedback and we are pleased you were happy with your experience here at Ipswich emergency dental service.

Carol gave The Dental Surgery a rating of 5 stars

I am very relaxed and calm with the dentist .. as nervous

Very happy with the dentist made me feel relaxed

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 12 October 2016

Anonymous reviewed The Dental Surgery

Emergency treatment

I arranged to see a dentist at this practice last week having been given details by 111. I found the staff to be friendly and helpful. The dentist was patient with me as I am very nervous. They removed a tooth that was giving me a lot of pain and I didn't feel a thing. I can recommend this practice for nervous patients like myself.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 07 September 2016

O.Keenan gave The Dental Surgery a rating of 5 stars

O.Keenan emergency extraction

over the weekend i managed to crack my lower back wisdom tooth i had gone to my local dentist and due to not being on the books it was going to be a 6-8 week wait due to them being fully booked so i when home and looked online and found this practice that was accepting emergence bookings i gave them a call and the person on the over side was very polite and managed to get me a appointment with the dentist in 30 mins time i arrived at the practice sat for a bit as there was prior appointment before myself i was greeted by the dentist and they ask a few question on the issue i had, the dentist then talked me few the options and gave me local anesthetic and a x ray the dentist then ask me to wait outside to give it time to numb the area, the dentist then called me in and after reviewing the x ray suggested that the tooth to be remove to which i was happy to have done before the dentist started they told me that due to it being a wisdom tooth there was a slight risk that it could cause temporary numbness to my tongue /lip or permanent but that it has never happen under their practice i has happy for the extraction to continue and he topped up the anesthetic before removal and left happy with no pain

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 22 August 2016

The Dental Surgery replied on 23 August 2016

Many thanks for your positive feedback for Ipswich Emergency Dentist service. We aim to see patients promptly during the week and provide all necessary treatment such as extractions to alleviate pain in a single visit.

J B gave The Dental Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Emergency dental care

I was very reluctant to make this review as I do not typically like to leave negative feedback however I was very dissatisfied by the service I received. I felt that the dentist I saw lacked compassion, empathy and did not treat me with dignity. The dentist made me feel as though I deserved to be in pain. I do not feel I was involved in making decisions about my treatment. I found the dentist unprofessional and rude at times as they spoke about me whilst I was in the room as though I wasn't there and also undermined another dental provider who I had previously been seen by. I was in a lot of pain and just wanted some advice about how to manage this however the dentist appeared very reluctant to offer help and I felt that I had to beg for help. I left the practice feeling very low and I would recommend my family and friends to avoid this practice.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 12 July 2016

The Dental Surgery replied on 18 July 2016

This review does not reflect the pattern of feedback we receive as a practice which is overwhelming positive and we always offer help to our patients with dental problems. Nevertheless we take all genuine negative feedback seriously and would welcome the opportunity to respond to your concerns in a more personal and confidential setting. If you are able to contact the practice, we will deal with your concerns in a constructive and sensitive manner and invite you then to reconsider them in the light of allowing us the opportunity to deal with them first.