Weston Favell Dental Practice

01604 405611 Billing Brook Road, Weston Favell , Northampton, Northamptonshire, NN3 8DW

Niki gave Weston Favell Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Nervous Patient

Was very nervous on arrival, but was made to feel at ease and would recommend this dentist to anyone.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 19 July 2018

Weston Favell Dental Practice has not yet replied.

zoe gave Weston Favell Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

friendly staff

Friendly staff, good service :)

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 05 June 2018

Weston Favell Dental Practice replied on 19 June 2018

Thank you for complimenting our staff and leaving this kind review.

Andy gave Weston Favell Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

nervous patient

Being a nervous patient i entered with trepidation - having some bad experiences in the past! straight away the dentist put me at ease with her very reassuring and pleasant manner, as soon as treatment was underway it was like a revelation. no pain and i was talked through every step & asked if everything was ok. i have to say this is my best ever experience with dental treatment and i have absolutely no problem recommending the dentist and the practice as a whole

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 04 June 2018

Weston Favell Dental Practice replied on 22 June 2018

We are so pleased that you would recommend us to other people. We rely on word of mouth, so to hear that you would share your recent experience with us, is great. Thank you so much for taking the time out to leave us your review and we look forward to seeing you at your next appointment.

Lisa gave Weston Favell Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Very happy

I telephoned to try and register my 100 year old friend to try and get some false teeth. I was given an appointment within a week, reception staff were wonderful and helpful, the Dentist was lovely to my elderly friend, didn’t rush him and was so kind to him, as was her assistant. Never been to a dentist before and treated so well. I would definitely recommend this practice and am hoping to change to them myself along with my family. Also the practise was very accessible for my friends wheelchair and mobility issues.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 29 May 2018

Weston Favell Dental Practice replied on 22 June 2018

Thank you so much for you kind words. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. It is fantastic that your friend had a positive visit and we look forward to seeing you and your family in the future.

Gemma gave Weston Favell Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Made very welcome

Dentist made me feel very welcome and was very thorough and comfortable.
Came in for private treatment.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 24 May 2018

Weston Favell Dental Practice replied on 22 June 2018

It is great that your recent experience was very positive. Our team work hard to ensure our patients feel comfortable when attending their appointment. We are very aware that the dental surgery isn’t on top of most people’s lists of places to visit! Thank you for sharing your experience.

Johnny gave Weston Favell Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Treatment

I had some fillings carried out usually I'm a bit scared but my dentist was lovely and was so gentle. Very welcoming staff and the red haired receptionist is lovely to speak with. A 5 star practice.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 24 May 2018

Weston Favell Dental Practice replied on 22 June 2018

We are pleased that your experience was positive. We always welcome feedback from our patients and it is an added bonus when you mention a team member who really went above and beyond. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you at your next appointment.

Anonymous gave Weston Favell Dental Practice a rating of 2 stars

Two days off work and still not sorted out

Gave 5 stars previously but gone back to bad old ways. Had best dentist ever when we gave 5 stars, but they moved on. Don't even know name of new dentist. Were booked in for check-up, wife received call, new dentist off sick, appointment cancelled. I'd used all my holiday, so couldn't have check-up until new holiday year began. Both booked week off in April, 2 weeks before that wifey rang up to make appointments. Told new dentist off on holiday that week, no appointments available, next period of appointments not released. So, despite text messages nagging us we had left it so long (irony) they couldn't give us appointment.

Then one of my teeth broke on a Friday, asked wifey to make emergency appointment for me for weekend. Advised that broken tooth is not emergency but gave me “problem” appointment for next Friday, so had to book day off work. At the appointment received impression new dentist keen to get me out of door ASAP. Told me couldn't do filling because gums were in poor condition. My gums have been in poor condition for years but never told it stops them doing a filling. Internet search for “can't do filling because of bad gums” brings up no relevant results. As far as I'm concerned the dentist cared about getting away on time for weekend, not sorting out my broken tooth. Was in there 10 minutes, had to book second day off work. As Shania Twain said: “That don't impress me much.” Last check-up was about £17.50, this time £21.60. Increase of over 20%, when inflation is about 2.5%? Then charged £37.50 more, in advance, for treatment. So almost £60 in cash, plus two lost working days.

Receptionists ignored wifey and myself, giggling amongst themselves. Wouldn't have been hard to say “I'll be with you shortly”. Quite ignorant and unnecessary, doesn't make people feel valued as clients. Receptionist asked for mobile number, explained I can't take calls when driving, generally 6am-6pm, don't have a hands-free kit. Mentioned text messages acceptable, said would put big pop-up sign on PC: text only, no calls. Driving on North Circular Road in London on Tuesday, phone rings, you can guess who it was...

Turned up Wednesday for filling that should have been done the Friday before (or the Saturday before that). Never had injection at the dentist. Previous dentist did fillings twice on this tooth without an injection. Anyway, new dentist says there could be a lot of pain involved. Don't see why, never was previously. So left without having treatment done, my decision but frustrating.

Our dentist not responsible for NHS charges, nor NHS not treating broken tooth as dental emergency. Can't help it if someone goes off sick, at least they let us know. Can't avoid large number of NHS clients and limited resources. Am aware I'm not an ideal patient, but they're responsible for making us feel respected, valued, safe. Previous dentist was brilliant, them leaving had adverse effect on the level of service here. Can't recommend them now, unfortunately.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 02 May 2018

Weston Favell Dental Practice replied on 22 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. Naturally we are very disappointed that our service did not match the original 5 star review you gave. Due to the nature of your concerns we would like to give you the opportunity to discuss these matters further. We have a full time Practice Manager who would be more than happy to resolve your concerns. If you wish to speak with her, please contact the practice on 01604 405611 and ask to speak with Emily. The practices opening hours are Monday to Friday 8.30am-5.30pm. We are very sorry for this decline in our service and hope that we can rectify this for you and your wife.

Hyacinth gave Weston Favell Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Registrations available appointments

Call on 3April 18 I was told that there no appointments and can't register. Do Why does it say there are available places for adults. I would like to know why on the dentist available it days yes and I am told no.i will report this update the site it is MISS LEADING. I did not attend wasn't given a chance

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 03 April 2018

Weston Favell Dental Practice replied on 22 June 2018

We are sorry to learn that you were misinformed regarding Weston Favell Dental Practice accepting new NHS patients. We are pleased to inform you that our circumstances have changed, so if you are still interested in becoming registered with us please contact the practice on 01604 405611. Apologies again for the miscommunication and we hope to hear from you soon.

Kizzie gave Weston Favell Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Totally Amazed

Totally amazed how quick I was seen.
Big improvement!
Keep it up.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 09 March 2018

Weston Favell Dental Practice replied on 19 June 2018

Thank you for leaving this kind review. We are happy you have taken time out of your day to let us know you thoughts.

Andy gave Weston Favell Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Nervous Patient

Very good with nervous patients.
Went through treatment that is needed and was very reassuring.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 06 March 2018

Weston Favell Dental Practice replied on 19 June 2018

Dear Andy, thank you for such lovely feedback, we shall share your kind words with the team.