The Corner Dental Surgery Limited

01744 23677 146 Duke Street, St Helens , Merseyside, WA10 2JL

Anonymous gave The Corner Dental Surgery Limited a rating of 1 stars

Been using this dentist since i was little

Dont get me wrong the dental surgeons are excellent in here very thorough and very proffessiinal each time ive visited the dentist the problem is the reception staff especially the blonde very rude And ignorant and think she needs to learn some manners in speaking to people at the desk in front of a waiting room full of people !

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 05 December 2018

Mrs B gave The Corner Dental Surgery Limited a rating of 1 stars

Appalling attitude and extraction-happy

I visited this dental practice for the first time in August 2018 with a tooth abscess. I attended three weeks later and was informed the abscessed tooth and adjacent one would need to be extracted. The dentist’s attitude was dismissive, patronising and this info delivered with his back to me; he couldn’t even bother to speak to me directly. Far worse was that at no point was I offered root canal etc, even with the proviso that it would have to be paid for. There was absolutely no discussion or reference at all to this option; extraction was presented as ‘the’ - and unilateral - decision. The whole attitude of the place made me extremely uncomfortable and I went to another dentist. There extraction was not even mentioned, the two teeth were treated and I retained both. The attitude at Corner House was appalling, unacceptable and utterly reprehensible. I am in the process of filing a formal complaint to the regulatory body and NHS.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 22 December 2018

Jen gave The Corner Dental Surgery Limited a rating of 5 stars

My dentist is absolutely amazing

For anybody suffering with anxiety when they have to visit the dentist you will understand how important patience and time is around getting any kind of treatment. I can't tell you how amazing the dentist is at the corner dental surgery in st helens. Not only for his kind nature time and patience with me everytime but he is so thorough in his practise I have never been treated by such a brilliant dentist he has only the patients best interest at heart.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 04 May 2018

Jimmy gave The Corner Dental Surgery Limited a rating of 5 stars

No stress at the Corner.

I have attended this dentist for nearly twenty years my wife and two children also attend regularly. I am made to feel at ease when in the chair, unlike many years ago when many people and children were made fearful of the anxiety and stressfulness of the visit and more often than not the pain attached. The staff are very friendly and polite and the calm atmosphere completely reduces my earlier childhood fears which I am sure is the main reason that my two children actually look forward to their visits which is truly remarkable.
This general "feel good" factor at this practice can only be down to the work ethic and professionalism of the person in charge whom I could not speak more highly about.
The hygienist is also extremely knowledgeable in their role and their attention to detail is second to none whilst their kindness and gentleness during treatment makes the whole visit actually very pleasant and not at all stressful.
I have recommended to family and friends alike, and would prompt others to do likewise.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 13 June 2017

The Corner Dental Surgery Limited replied on 17 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a positive review. We try to make the practice as welcoming as we can (especially for kids) and I am glad that our efforts are working. We look forward to seeing you and your family again in the near future.

Sam Ormrod gave The Corner Dental Surgery Limited a rating of 5 stars

My visit:

I went to this dentist today. Never been to a dentist for years. The dentist was amazing, putting me at ease and explaining everything they were doing. The dental nurse, sorry, don't know their name, was very polite also. Had a tooth out, which I was petrified of having done, don't know why I was worried. Receptionist was lovely when I came out. Thank you to everyone in the surgery.

Sam Ormrod
17 June 2017

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 16 June 2017

The Corner Dental Surgery Limited replied on 17 August 2017

Thank you for your kind remarks. We do try to make everybody feel as comfortable as possible during your time at the practice and we are aware that a lot of people are still scared of coming to the dentist. As you have found there is really no reason to be anxious & we look forward to seeing you again.

Anonymous gave The Corner Dental Surgery Limited a rating of 2 stars

Disappointed

Ive been using this practise for a number of years now and on the whole have been happy with my treatment. Unfortunately I've noticed in the past year that my dentist has been more interested in how much money they can get out of me instead of treating me accordingly. Each time I visit I get told I need to see the hygienist, although one time when I turned up for my appointment I was told the hygienist wasn't in and that my dentist would be treating me. As a low income patient this has proved difficult for me financially. I've also raised concerns about my crowns but my concerns have been dismissed, probably because I only pay a nominal amount towards dental costs. I've decided to leave this practise and hopefully find a more helpful dentist who will treat my failing crowns.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 15 August 2017

The Corner Dental Surgery Limited replied on 17 August 2017

Thank you for your comments. All NHS treatments offered have to follow protocols and the pricing is outside of our control. At each examination we identify any disease processes that are occurring and offer the appropriate treatment and preventive advice. Everybody is given a printed treatment plan and costing prior to treatment. Under NHS rules we are only allowed to replace items if there is an active disease process and any treatment which does not meet this criteria cannot be offered under the NHS and must be done privately. At no times are our clinical decisions made for financial gain. We wish you all the best for your future dental care elsewhere.