St Georges Dental Practice

1. Review titled Avoid avoid avoid

by Anonymous - Posted on 13 February 2020

Cancels appointments. Only been with them 20months and have had appointments cancelled 3 times. Wait for an appointment is 5months and then it cancelled and told to wait another 5 months. Told you can only get appointment if private don't want. Can't say made to feel second class more like nothing class. I have needed a filling and been in pain for months and now told to wait until July.

Visited February 2020

Report review titled Avoid avoid avoid as unsuitable

Replied on 02 March 2020

We are sorry to hear you are unhappy with the service you have received so far, with St George's Dental Practice. Unfortunately, there are sometimes circumstances beyond our control which means clinics must be cancelled. We do try to avoid this where possible. As we have an NHS Prototype Contract, our waiting times are slightly longer. As we have a number of dentists in practice that are private only dentists, we are able to offer appointments with them for patients who wish to be seen sooner. As they are not part of our NHS contract, they are therefore unable to offer treatment on the NHS. By offering these private appointments we are providing our patients, with the information needed to make an informed decision and providing them with all of the treatment options available to them. As you have not provided any details, I am unable to look in to your appointments specifically. However if you would like to discuss this further, please contact the practice.

2. Review titled Uncaring unreliable practice.

by Katie - Posted on 14 March 2020

As many others have stated, cancels appointments repeatedly, replacement appointments months later. Always running 30-60mins late, though if you are so much as 5 minutes late for your appointment because of traffic/parking they refuse to see you (this happened with me and my 1yr old and 6 year old trying to get there after school) then they send you patronising letters saying you have DNA'd your appointment, couldn't believe it! Dentist talks to you like you're stupid. Awful practice, we are looking at changing asap.

Visited February 2020

Report review titled Uncaring unreliable practice. as unsuitable

Replied on 17 March 2020

Dear Katie, I'm sorry to hear you've had a bad experience at the practice. Where possible we do avoid cancelling clinics, however due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances beyond our control, we have had to cancel a number of clinics. As we are an NHS prototype practice, there is a slightly longer wait for appointments due to the demand for NHS dentists. However, all appointments are rebooked as quickly as possible and the option of being placed on our short notice cancellation list is offered. We do endeavour to run to time in clinic, however there are occasions where this is beyond our control. Such as an emergency or even on occasion medical emergencies, unrelated to dental care. We do where possible inform patients of the wait and offer to rebook if neccessary. We do have a late policy which we must adhere to, to allow clinics to run to time as best we can. If we allowed all patients to arrive late and be seen, this would then increase the amount of time the dentists run behind in clinic, causing patients to wait even longer for their appointments. Our receptionists will always check with the dentist if they are able to see a patient, if there is a gap or a patient has not arrived for their appointment. We issue standard to letters to patients that have failed to attend their appointment or arrived too late to be seen, this is due to the amount of clinical time wasted by people not attending. This in turn, increases the wait time for patients who do wish to be seen. As you have not provided all of your details, I cannot look in to your comments further, such as the dentist speaking to you in a manner you found inappropriate. However, if you would like us to investigate this further, please contact us with your full details and we will be happy to look in to this for you.

3. Review titled Fantastic Practice

by Anonymous - Posted on 05 March 2020

I moved to this practice around 2 years ago, with my son and have attended on a number of occasions. All of the staff are friendly and welcoming and make you feel at ease. There have been some issues with cancelled appointments, but this is something they cannot help - they're only human! I have always been nervous of attending the dentist but would definitely recommend them!

Visited December 2019

Report review titled Fantastic Practice as unsuitable

Replied on 05 March 2020

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some positive feedback! We really appreciate patients taking the time to let us know how we are doing and what we could improve on, as it helps us provide the best service possible!

4. Review titled The worst practice ever

by Michal Kazusek - Posted on 17 November 2019

They do not listen what the patient say. Visits have been arranging with 3 month distance. Lack of nerves to describe the level of incompetency. I believe that not everyone is bad in that practice but I had recently many situations to complain on the service.

Visited November 2019

Report review titled The worst practice ever as unsuitable

Replied on 02 March 2020

Dear Michal, I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy, with the service you have received at St George's Dental Practice. As we have an NHS Prototype Contract, the waiting time for appointments can be a number of weeks. Unfortunately I am unable to locate your details, so I am unable to look in to a specific area of concern for you. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact us.

5. Review titled Great practice

by Mary - Posted on 05 March 2020

All staff friendly and approachable. There is a wait for appointments sometimes 3 months or so but this is out of their control and they do there very best to accommodate.all of my family attend this practice and have never had any problems.would definitely recommend :)

Visited November 2019

Report review titled Great practice as unsuitable

Replied on 06 March 2020

Dear Mary, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some great and positive feedback! I will pass your comments to the team, to let them know how well they're doing :)

6. Review titled This dentist is a joke

by Deborah Brooks - Posted on 07 October 2019

Turned up with my daughter for her appointment and was told it had been cancelled, didnt receiveca letter or text. I absolutely love leaving work early especially when i have to make time back so that's me working late every night next week so cheers for that! The irony is i missed one appointment at this shower of a dentist due to being poorly and they removed me from their books, well Id rather have tooth decay than be a patient here ABSOLUTE JOKE AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!

Visited August 2019

Report review titled This dentist is a joke as unsuitable

Replied on 02 March 2020

Dear Deborah, I am sorry to hear that there was a misunderstanding regarding your daughter's appointment, which resulted in you taking unnecessary time off work. If we need to cancel a clinic we always contact the patient and/or their parent/guardian, via telephone, letter or SMS. I apologise if you did not receive this. You have also mentioned that you were deregistered for missing 1 appointment at the practice. We do adhere to a strict failure to attend policy, as each week a significant amount of clinic time is wasted due to people failing to attend. This also increases the waiting times for our other patients, as these appointments are wasted. We would not have de-registered a patient for failing one appointment, as at least 2 appointments would need to be missed. If a patient has cancelled at short notice, due to being unwell they would not be penalised for this. I can see this review is from 2019, but if you would like to discuss this further please contact the practice.

7. Review titled Excellent service

by Anonymous - Posted on 06 March 2020

I have used St George's for many years and have always found them to be professional, showing empathy and care to thier patients. It is only reasonable for them to occasionally adjust your appointment as unforeseen circumstances arise which would mean trying to move patients round to suit both the practice and patient. Luckily in my experience this has only happened once. Although while I was attending the surgery I did observe some patients being very rude and demanding to the reception staff when they were clearly trying to help. We appear to live in a society that seems to think we can everything on tap. Anyway round of applause for all your hard work and commitment to keeping our knashers gleaming 😊

Visited June 2019

Report review titled Excellent service as unsuitable

Replied on 09 March 2020

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some positive feedback! We are happy to hear your experiences with the practice have been great!

8. Review titled No Appointments

by Anonymous - Posted on 07 October 2019

Just called to try and get an appointment. Was told bluntly that loads of dentist have left the practice and to call back in September. Was told this after being on hold for 10 mins. Last time I called I had to wait 5 months for an appointment. So if I called back in sept I would probably have only got an appointment in 2020. Had my last appointment rearranged and I lost a full day off work due to them.

Visited May 2019

Report review titled No Appointments as unsuitable

Replied on 02 March 2020

We are sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the service you have received at St George's. As you have not provided your details, we are unable to look in to this any further. However if you would like to discuss this, please contact the practice.

9. Review titled Gone Downhill

by Anonymous - Posted on 07 October 2019

Unfortunately this dentist has gone downhill over the last couple of years.Dentists keep leaving causing chaos with appointments. If they tell you they will put you on the waiting list for a cancellation, don't believe them. I'm looking for a new dentist as my daughter is getting more and more anxious about her wonky teeth and we just cant get an appointment.

Visited February 2019

Report review titled Gone Downhill as unsuitable

10. Review titled Disgusted

by susan hulme - Posted on 20 December 2018

I had an appointment on the 18/1218 i arrived early, waited over 30 mins past my appointment time, when i spoke to reception, i was informed that they had an emergency appointment that had run over that i would be in next, but they had no idea how long it would be waiting. As my car parking was due to be up i had no choice but to leave without seeing the dentist, i had waited 2 & 1/2 months for the appointment and was told by reception that they would make me another appointment in March and send me the details. Disgusted with this as its not acceptable to give my slot to an emergency patient and then make me wait a further 3 and 1/2 months for another appointment.

Visited December 2018

Report review titled Disgusted as unsuitable

Replied on 20 December 2018

We are sorry to hear that you have had had a negative experience with us at St Georges Dental Practice and thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. The Practice has a formal Complaints Policy in place which is readily available and clearly documented on our Practice web-site http://230.dental/information/practice-policies/complaints/ or alternatively you can contact the practice by telephone or email and we would be happy to provide you with the policy and forms necessary for you to complain should you wish to.