St Georges Dental Practice

01257 262545 19-21, St. Georges Street , Chorley, Lancashire, PR7 2AA

Deborah Brooks gave St Georges Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

This dentist is a joke

Turned up with my daughter for her appointment and was told it had been cancelled, didnt receiveca letter or text. I absolutely love leaving work early especially when i have to make time back so that's me working late every night next week so cheers for that! The irony is i missed one appointment at this shower of a dentist due to being poorly and they removed me from their books, well Id rather have tooth decay than be a patient here ABSOLUTE JOKE AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!

Visited in August 2019. Posted on 07 August 2019

No Appointments

Just called to try and get an appointment. Was told bluntly that loads of dentist have left the practice and to call back in September. Was told this after being on hold for 10 mins. Last time I called I had to wait 5 months for an appointment. So if I called back in sept I would probably have only got an appointment in 2020. Had my last appointment rearranged and I lost a full day off work due to them.

Visited in May 2019. Posted on 05 August 2019

Gone Downhill

Unfortunately this dentist has gone downhill over the last couple of years.Dentists keep leaving causing chaos with appointments. If they tell you they will put you on the waiting list for a cancellation, don't believe them. I'm looking for a new dentist as my daughter is getting more and more anxious about her wonky teeth and we just cant get an appointment.

Visited in February 2019. Posted on 19 July 2019

Amy Overum gave St Georges Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Thank you for putting up with my jitters!

I have visited the dentist several time in the last week or so for a few different treatments. I am a very nervous patient but the dentist, hygienist and nurses I saw were wonderful. They understood my nerves and anxiety, explained clearly everything that was going to happen and really made me feel that I was in control of the situation. I really appreciate the care and patience shown to me by everyone I've come across at the practice recently. Thank you!

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 13 December 2018

St Georges Dental Practice replied on 14 December 2018

We would like to thank you for taking the time to post a positive comment about your experiences at our Practice on NHS Choices.

susan hulme gave St Georges Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Disgusted

I had an appointment on the 18/1218 i arrived early, waited over 30 mins past my appointment time, when i spoke to reception, i was informed that they had an emergency appointment that had run over that i would be in next, but they had no idea how long it would be waiting. As my car parking was due to be up i had no choice but to leave without seeing the dentist, i had waited 2 & 1/2 months for the appointment and was told by reception that they would make me another appointment in March and send me the details. Disgusted with this as its not acceptable to give my slot to an emergency patient and then make me wait a further 3 and 1/2 months for another appointment.

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 20 December 2018

St Georges Dental Practice replied on 24 December 2018

We are sorry to hear that you have had had a negative experience with us at St Georges Dental Practice and thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

The Practice has a formal Complaints Policy in place which is readily available and clearly documented on our Practice web-site http://230.dental/information/practice-policies/complaints/ or alternatively you can contact the practice by telephone or email and we would be happy to provide you with the policy and forms necessary for you to complain should you wish to.

Shocking service

After moving to the area I was looking for a new Dentist for my family. It took 3 months for an initial appointment, which I was fine waiting on. At my consultation they advised I would need a filling and to book in for an appointment, I visited in November 18 and was told they had nothing until March 19. I accepted as I had paid part fee. I was told I could go on the urgent list whereby they would contact me with any cancellations. I have never had one alert from them. It is almost March and they text confiming my appointment. I have just had a letter as they have now decided to cancel that appointment and re book me in for a June appointment! 8 months after my consultation. Shocked at the length of time between appointment and treatment. We will be going elsewhere and recommend all others to do so in the area.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 21 February 2019

Appalling management

I visited this practice numerous time although I can say the dentists,nurses and reception staff are lovely, I had a problem with a payment which I requested to speak to management about when I did so they was rude even when I presented evidence I had paid, the way I was spoken to was disgusting and St. George’s should really think about appointing new management.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 04 October 2018

St Georges Dental Practice replied on 13 November 2018

We are sorry to hear that you have had a negative experience here at St Georges Dental Practice. In order for us to look further into your complaint please feel free to access the Practice formal Complaints Policy, which is readily available and clearly documented on our Practice web-site http://230.dental/information/practice-policies/complaints/ or alternatively you can contact the practice by telephone or email and we would be happy to provide you with the policy and forms necessary for you to complain should you wish to.

Mary gave St Georges Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Had no problems

Have been bringing my 4 children to this dentist for the last 5 + years. Had no problems with any treatment. All staff approachable and friendly. Dentist firm but fair (when giving advise). General appointments tend to be a lengthy waiting time, however follow up appointment/ treatment waiting time reasonable.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 20 October 2018

St Georges Dental Practice replied on 20 November 2018

Anonymous gave St Georges Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Appointments always cancelled, no rush to complete treatment

Although the receptionists are really nice, the service the dentists provide in this surgery is unacceptable. The appointments are always cancelled and when rescheduled, they are months ahead - sometimes they don't even reschedule them. This has happened several times in the little time I've been with them. Other family members have had the same happen to them. The dentists seem to make you wait ages for an appointment and the treatment is done taking months to be completed. At one point, my issues were not even completely treated as promised by the dentist when they were first identified. It seems that if you are an NHS patient, they don't care about you. I particularly find this unethical and unacceptable. I wouldn't recommend this surgery to anyone.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 27 August 2019

Sylvia Greenwood gave St Georges Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Review of dental treatment

I recently had cause to ring the dentist for an emergency appointment, I spoke to the receptionist and explained how distraught I was, she was so kind and empathetic and organised 2 appointments for me. She reassured me that my concerns were listened to and that every effort would be made to ensure a positive outcome. The receptionists are on ‘the front line ‘ and must have to deal with desperate people who are in pain on a daily business but I have found that they are all consistently pleasant and you are never made to feel that you are being a nuisance or that they haven’t got time to listen to your concerns. Well done to all the receptionists at St Georges, you are a wonderful band of women!

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 15 August 2018