NHS Dentist

020 7610 1110 355 North End Road, Fulham , London, SW6 1NW

Anonymous gave NHS Dentist a rating of 1 stars

Admistration is a joke!!!

I have been going to this dental practice for the last 7 years.
Since last year the administration-reception -front desk however you want to call it has changed and you can clearly see how the device has gone down the drain.
Appointments cancelled, no explanation given other than the easy way out “ the dentist/hygienist called in sick” or even worse “ they have gone on holiday”.
Not expecting a red carpet or anything like that, but a bit of courtesy or perhaps trying to find a solution other than the “automated” “I’m sorry it’s not my fault” response that you get form the receptionist.
Next available appointment is in.... “ 3 months”.
Excuse me??!!!!
Enough said, the only reason I’ll be back is to check if my dentist works from another practice. They are the only reason I’d ever go back to that practice should they not work elsewhere.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 19 October 2017

NHS Dentist replied on 20 October 2017

Dear Patient
We are really sorry your appointment had to be cancelled. Unfortunately sickness absence (however frustrating) is at times unavoidable. We are sure you understand that if a dentist/hygienist is unwell it is in your best interest that they stay away from their patients. Please be assured, no dentist/hygienist takes this decision lightly and a lot of attempts are made to avoid these cancellations altogether. However, in certain circumstances your health is more important to us and the risk of being contagious in this very close environment is not one we would like you to take.
If you would like to contact us to discuss your discontent further please call the practice to speak with the practice manager Ms Cooper.
NHS Dentist team

Tessa gave NHS Dentist a rating of 5 stars

The way the NHS is supposed to be

After three different dentists around London i come here after my last dentist went privarr and refused to treat me any more.
I cross london to come here and it's worth it. All patients are treated with great respect and politeness by reception staff; dentists' assistants are welcoming and helpful; and most important of all my dentist is gentle, communicative, unhurried and skilful. I've never had to wait long for an emergency appointment as I did before and all costs are clearly explained. I don't know why all NHS dentists aren't like this but I wish they were. I think many surgeries have a lot to learn from this one - not least about how to get the best from their staff.
Thank you for a first class service.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 04 September 2017

NHS Dentist replied on 04 September 2017

Dear Tessa
Thank you so much for showing your gratitude and appreciation to our Practice.
All the team is over the moon to read your comment and we are all happy we could deliver this experience. We look forward to seeing you in due course.

Anonymous gave NHS Dentist a rating of 5 stars

Exceptional World Leading Treatment in Dentistry

I would like to say a massive thank you to the wonderful team at NHS Dentist Fulham. I don’t go for check ups as regularly as I should and I’m fortunate to have only had one dental emergency of an irregular erupting wisdom tooth in November last year I didn’t eat or sleep for a few days and was in great pain. I was new to London and this was the only place that openly welcomed emergencies. When I turned up I was warmly welcomed, saw a dentist within 15 minutes (and I was prepared to wait for upwards into hours as it’s a walk in centre) my needs were clearly assessed. The dentist I saw x rayed me, gave me the option of getting the tooth out straight away with local anesthetic or going in a few days (not being squeamish I took the former) and the dentist got the tooth out within 20 minutes. Absolutely 10/10. I was only charged the £56 bracket for treatment inclusive of everything. Sorted it then and there. A world leading service.

Then yesterday a colleague came to work looking extremely unwell and he told me that his lower molar had snapped in half a few days ago. I saw it, and immediately knew it needed serious treatment – straight away. He had been to a private dentist that morning who had charged him for an assessment and told him to come back in 3 days for treatment. I was astounded – no painkillers, no antibiotics, no immediate extraction and it looked very infected just by visual examination.

I rang NHS Fulham and was told to send him in straight away. I sent him straight to you and I’m so relieved you took immediate action to remove it. He says the dentists worked on it for an hour and a half solid, got the majority of it out and gave him the proper prescriptions. I’m so grateful as any risk of septicemia, especially in the jaw and skull is so dangerous. The private dentist he saw should be investigated as far as I’m concerned, but that’s another matter. His tooth socket is already starting to heal and looks healthy and red.

Anyway - thank you so much.

What an amazing job you do, especially when people need you the most. From me and Sean – thanks!!!!! You rock. And any negative reviewers, any real issues and you’ll know about it, and all of a sudden you’ll realise how much these guys will get you out of pain and danger.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 05 September 2017

NHS Dentist replied on 11 September 2017

Dear Patient
Wow, what an outstanding comment and review. We are grateful for your time and that you have chosen to share your and your friend's experience with us. It means a great deal to us that our own patients advertise their personal experience with other fellow patients. We look forward to welcoming you both again soon.

Anonymous gave NHS Dentist a rating of 5 stars

My Best Dentist

Superb chair side manner. Makes me feel totally relaxed. Explains procedures in an understandable manner. Treats assistant with utmost respect and dignity. Works to time schedules, unless unforeseen complications arise. I've always come away feeling I've been excellently treated.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 09 October 2017

NHS Dentist replied on 10 October 2017

Dear patient
That is a lovely comment, we are very grateful you've taken your time to share your experience with other patients.
You have also managed to make all of us at NHS Dentist very happy.

Sparkle! gave NHS Dentist a rating of 5 stars

In the middle of treatment to fit a crown

My 'veneer' on a front tooth had fractured and my dentist filled the tooth, taking care to match the colour, but unfortunately, the veneer fractured again, but more dramatically this time, so the options were to have another veneer or fit a crown.

A crown was chosen as the solution and I have a temporary crown, until a permanent one can be fitted... no suitable appt. time was available to complete the job until 4th Sept. but a cancellation came up yesterday so I took this, so that the preliminary work could begin.

Such care was taken in starting this process and time was spent in choosing the best colour to match my existing front teeth.

Looking forward to a permanent crown in a fortnight!

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 03 August 2017

NHS Dentist replied on 14 August 2017

How lovely of you to share your experience with us and with our patients. It's great to hear that you had a positive experience and that we exceeded your expectations.
see you soon
NHS Dentist team

Anonymous gave NHS Dentist a rating of 3 stars

This is a good place but one dentist was rude

I have been to this practice three times after leaving my old dentist who was always pressing me to pay for expensive private treatment. I have been very happy with them until my last visit. I am disabled and walk down stairs slowly. I was alarmed when the dentist said to me, "I don't like how you walked down the stairs. I don't like how you came into the room" The dentist started to check my teeth and the dentist stabbed me with a dental tool. I said, "ouch," and the dentist became really cross and started saying that they couldn't have hurt me and I had a bad attitude and the dentist straighten up the dentist chair and tried to tell me I had to leave without the check-up being completed and it was all my own fault as I had swollen gums. I remained calm, refused to leave and calmly said that if it hurts a patient has the right to say, "ouch". The dentist then started appealing to my child who was with me, saying,"Your mother doesn't understand that it couldn't have possibly hurt." I had to ask the dentist to stop appealing to my child as I was the patient. We agreed to swap dentist and the second dentist was lovely and completed the check up and it didn't hurt at all. The second dentist also confirmed that my gums were not swollen. I wrote down what happened before I left the surgery and gave it to the manager as a written complaint. That was 26 July and I have had no reply or follow-up. In addition, when they checked my son, they told us both about flossing guidance that the surgery was offering and recommended that my son have this. I tried to make an appointment with the manager for my son after the check-up and the first dentist blocked it. The Manager came back to me and said this dentist refused to allow your son to have the flossing guidance appointment. the Manager said they were not allowed to book it unless the dentist allowed it. I do not know why the first dentist recommended it to me only to refuse to allow my son to book an appointment ? I felt they did that out of spite because they knew I made a written complaint about them. I feel that this is a horrible way to treat a disabled person and the dentist only did it to be mean.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 17 August 2017

NHS Dentist replied on 23 August 2017

Dear Patient
We are sorry you felt this way.
After some investigation due to your written letter, I understand that there has been a misunderstanding between you and the dentist involved and that this is your version of the story which doesn't reflect the whole story. Again we do apologise you felt this way and are happy you have now been seeing a different dentist here. We understand that you have been back several times and are happy with the new dentist for yourself and your son. You also saw our Oral hygiene educator that you were very pleased with.
We look forward to welcoming you back

Tony Henney gave NHS Dentist a rating of 5 stars

Thanks!

With many thanks to Dentist for skillfully and patiently repairing a mouth full of failing crowns and bridges.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 11 July 2017

NHS Dentist replied on 14 July 2017

Anonymous gave NHS Dentist a rating of 2 stars

Uncaring dentist, traumatic experience.

Found this surgery through the NHS website as it was listed as providing "anxiety management" and mentions that it treats nervous patients in it's literature but this was far from the case. Even though I mentioned my phobia twice to the dentist it was not acknowledged, never mind discussed with me. Despite being in tears during the examination the dentist carried on and didn't once ask if I was okay or what was wrong. My reaction was only acknowledged once the examination had taken place then interpreted incorrectly and not discussed.
The examination being carried out in the way it was made me re-live previous trauma and on top of this I was made to feel like a nuisance for having not sought treatment, not worthy of being listened to and a liar for stating that I have a phobia.
I'd expect that professionals (especially those working in a surgery advertising itself as being able to treat nervous patients) would understand that a) even if the claimed phobia is not believed basic compassion and demonstration of empathy should still take place
b) the causes of dental phobias are varied but by taking a few minutes to ask a couple of basic questions the level of fear can be reduced which will in turn help the dentist

It may well be that this was just an issue with the one dentist I met but overall the care I received was in no way good enough.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 25 July 2017

NHS Dentist replied on 02 August 2017

Dear patient
We are sorry to hear about your experience. In order for us at NHS Dentist to establish wether you are one of our patients or whether you have visited another NHS practice we would appreciate if you could get in touch. We take all feedback extremely seriously and try and learn from our ptients' experience. Although we deal with anxious patients on a daily basis we don't specialise in treating patients with severe dental phobia. As you mentioned it is a very complex phobia and shouldn't be taken lightly at all. We would like to speak with the dentist in question and see if there is any training needed to empower him/her to deal with phobic patients in the correct way.
Please call our practice if you saw one of our dentists to discuss this further with either the principal dentist or practice manager.
Nhs dentist team

Ana R gave NHS Dentist a rating of 5 stars

Great dentist with great customer care

I have been to this practice 4 times already to treat a series of infections. The doctor which I am seeing is very nice, always explains to me what they are doing, how it's going to feel and what I can expect. The doctor discusses various treatments and how I should follow up at home and makes sure I am happy with the approach.

Staff are extremely punctual, I never had to wait and only once my appointment overrun due to unforeseen circumstances (and the doctor finished the treatment rather than just send me away because time was up). I really feel taken care of and very well looked after. Once, there was even classic music in the room, which was very good for nerves!

Staff at the reception are really helpful and always tried to find early appointments for me so that I wouldn't miss a day's work. They kindly explained to me the difference of quotes between going private or NHS - which is great for a foreigner that has never used a dentist in this country. When you join this practice, you also get a printed handout with the NHS prices and further explanation, which I found really useful.

I think no one really likes going to dentist, it is always a bit stressful but in this place they really look after their patients. Great customer care and very transparent and (very important!) with no surprises with the costs (hard to find a dentist like this!)

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 27 June 2017

NHS Dentist replied on 30 June 2017

Dear Ana,
Thank you so much for a lovely comment and for taking your time to write us one. We do really appreciate any feedback but positive feedback always gives extra motivation to the whole team and acknowledges our hard work.
We look forward to seeing you at your next appointment
The NHS Dentist Team

Marya gave NHS Dentist a rating of 1 stars

Pregnant waiting more than 2 hours

Saturday I went as an emergency case , because I have bliding in my teeth and pain, I'm pregnant 06 month , they let me waiting more than 2 hours , I was there in emergency hours at 10h, since then I'm very sick , because sitting a lot , and it's very bad for pregnant , no One of the team take an initiative to let me pass, I'm very choked of there humanity , I told them more than 2 times in tired , but they didn't care.
Now I have really pain on my back , belly and thw down part. I hope you answer to my letter.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 12 May 2017

NHS Dentist replied on 15 May 2017

Dear Marya,
We are sorry to hear that you were not pleased with our service on the emergency session on Saturday morning. We are one of few, if not the only NHS dental practice in London that have a walk in emergency service every day incl Saturdays. The Saturday service in particular is very popular since all other dental practices are closed and we have to deal with a high amount of emergencies. Although the session starts at 10am many patients come in and register much earlier than that, this mean that even if you come at 10.15am you may be 10th in the queue, as we work on a first come first served basis. In a session we may see up to 20 patients that are in pain, have a swelling or even trauma. We offer an opportunity for all patients (not only our own registered patients) with a problem to be helped on the weekend. We are sorry we didn't meet your expectations on this occasion but we can reassure you that we were working as hard as we could to try and see every single patient as soon as we could.