Park Avenue Dental Care

0208 452 6889 44 Park Avenue North, Willesden Green , London, NW10 1JY

JCoplee gave Park Avenue Dental Care a rating of 5 stars

Couldn't ask for more

Such lovely, knowledgeable and connected group of people who make me feel cared for, comfortable, and welcomed. They all are careful to explain everything to me at every opportunity and I look forward to seeing them!

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 06 December 2018

Milli gave Park Avenue Dental Care a rating of 5 stars

Friendly and professional service

I’ve been coming here for years and always have felt very well looked after. I just got back from a much dreaded root canal treatment and the dentist (as always) was amazing. Super professional, careful, calm and always explains the procedures well in the lead up and after. I highly recommend this practice.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 19 November 2018

Jane whitefield gave Park Avenue Dental Care a rating of 5 stars

Smiling again after invisalign and veneers.

I cannot speak highly enough of the treatment I have received from the dentist.
I am 61 years old and never thought straight teeth could be possible for me after all these years. But after 6 short months of invisalign and 2 front veneer/crowns, I feel so much more confident with my smile. Iam also so happy my dental health in the future will be much improved.
I’ve been a patient at Park Avenue North dental surgery for about 20 years and always been well looked after. But especially the last few years under the care of my dentist.
His approach is so gentle and empathetic. He always explains treatment step by step which helps so much with my anxiety. I always feel I can ask any questions (I always have loads!).
I was nervous about invisalign but I can honestly say it is the best thing I’ve done and so easy once you get used to it.
The dentist is a perfectionist and when I had to have my 2 front teeth old veneers replaced
I was concerned about having to have temporary front teeth for 10days while the permanent teeth were made. But I needn’t have worried, I was so pleased with how they looked and felt.
The permanent teeth are very very natural in shape and colour.
It feels so good have a healthy mouth and to smile with more confidence!!

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 27 July 2018

Anonymous gave Park Avenue Dental Care a rating of 5 stars

The place to go to get your teeth sorted.....

Broken filling and hole in tooth. Seen on time.
Filling secured, hole gone...back to normal.
Job done within 30minutes-odd....
Such a caring Dentist, with support from their Dental nurses. Minimal pain, calm approach...and such emphasis on ensuring my well-being, comfort and being informed throughout...
For those, like me, who only attend when there is a tooth problem...and need a slick fix...this seems the place to go.
Forget my smile...the Team are all smiles....and 100% professional
Very grateful.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 04 November 2017

Asad gave Park Avenue Dental Care a rating of 5 stars

First dental checkup in years

I'm yet to be treated with a deep cleaning by the dental hygienist so I can't comment on the outcome of my treatment but based on my experience so far, I would highly recommend this dental practice. I hadn't been to the dentist for years due to fears of being offered unnecessary treatments by dentists out purely for their own financial gain, but it had been so long that I needed a checkup. Looking at the Google and NHS reviews, I saw that this dental practice was rated well so I decided to call to make an appointment and was seen the very next week. The dentist I saw was personable, knowledgeable and answered all my questions. The dentist looked at any problems I had with my teeth/gums and suggested any procedures that would help deal with these but I didn't feel pushed into getting any treatments I didn't want/need. Will definitely be back in the future at some point for another checkup as I feel this is a dentist that can be trusted.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 02 October 2017

Best Dentist I have ever had in 37yrs

I like many people have been scared of Dentists and have become use to experiencing excruciating pain; however since seeing a particular dentist, pain and being anxious is a thing of the past. This dentist is extremely professional, throughout the check up he offers reassurance and uses distraction techniques. The dentist gives you choice and lots of information in order to make an informative choice about your dental treatment. The dentist also explains the best way to care for your teeth and gives interesting information with regards to research on tooth decay. I am thoroughly happy with my Dentist, they also saved me from having to pay 100s of pounds to see a specialist for route canal treatment. This dentist undertook two route canals and I didn't feel anything. Strongly recommend this Dentist.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 19 May 2017

Reliable, Professional and Friendly Services

A professional and reliable team of staff, who are always friendly and make all my visits pleasant. The reception staff are always helpful and polite and the dentists are some of the most professional I have met and I have been to a couple of other practices before coming here.
I am grateful for their flexibility on appointment times, I've been able to come in early so as not to have to take too much time off work.
I'm also grateful that my dentist always gives me options and suggestions, for example I wanted to whiten my teeth and as I have sensitive teeth the dentist suggested the overnight retainer option rather than the laser, and I'm incredibly happy with this decision.
I have already recommended this surgery to my family and work colleagues and would unquestionably recommend to others.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 03 September 2017

Anonymous gave Park Avenue Dental Care a rating of 1 stars

My son had further complications after the treatment

We had a few of appointment booked for my child, which at the time seemed went fairly well. The doctor kept talking about the importance of the hygiene, which was good. They also kept taking about reducing sugar intake, which in my case i reminded him that we totally obtain from buying supermarket sweets, chocolates, crisps etc opting for more heather raw foods. At some points they sounded very patronising, which was actually very unpleasant. The doctor was a bit hesitant on how to interact with my child. It seemed a bit awkward and unfriendly at times. The assistant seemed a bit not interested in their job.

During out last appointment the doctor put a filling into my child's tooth. 1 months later my child woke up (on sunday) with a massive swollen cheek, which turned out to be an abscess. We went to the walk-in at Royal Free Hospital and they told us to go out dentist so they could book us with a specialist clinic.
I went to another dentist instead and they said to me that the filling was put incorrectly, i.e. too close to the tooth next to it, which made brushing between the teeth impossible. That was the main cause of the abscess. We were referred us to the extraction at the special dental clinic pretty quick and given antibiotics to ease the swelling.

The whole experience with extraction and further treatment has been very difficult and stressful for my child. Part of it could have been avoided by referring us to specialist clinic and not attempting to put a filling.

Now, after a couple of year passed, all I can say that although the clinic is clean, the personnel can be a bit more enthusiastic and friendly but firm while dealing with kids (as they do in specialist clinics). The big difference can be made when you treat kids in more relaxed way with less patronising.

I would not recommend the clinic to the parents of young children after my child's experience. I never used the services of this clinic myself, therefore it might work for grown-ups.

Visited in September 2015. Posted on 23 August 2017

Park Avenue Dental Care replied on 24 September 2017

I am extremely sorry to hear that your experience at Park Avenue Dental Care was stressful and that you were not happy with the care your son received.

Although you have decided to inform us of your dissatisfaction with our service I am somewhat perturbed that you have chosen to do this anonymously two years after the event and in the format of a review rather than opting to personally contact the surgery immediately at the time you were experiencing the problems.

I am sorry that you felt the dentist whom you dealt with was patronising and that the dental assistant was disinterested in their job. I would like to think that all the staff at park avenue dental care are courteous, polite and engaged at all times and I would be happy to investigate this further if you are able to give me your own details and those of the dentist who treated your son.

Of course , many parents strive to provide the most healthy diet for their children but as dentists it is our role to ensure that even the smaller details of diet advice are clearly understood.

Most parents know to avoid giving their children sweets and chocolates , however many like yourself are not aware that raw foods including both fresh and dried fruit are just as capable of causing tooth decay in children as the sweets and chocolates they so carefully avoid. Toothbrushing cannot clean between teeth - this can only be carried out by using dental floss.

After 28 years as a practicing dentist , I can say no matter how experienced you are it can still be difficult to treat a child who is anxious , nervous and in pain - particularly if the child is not familiar with the dentist or the practice surroundings. There is a fine line between trying to examine and treat the child and in doing something against the child's wishes which may harm the child's long term psychological view of dentists.

In children , just as in adults extremely deep cavities can lead to the death of the tooth which in turn produces an abscess in the mouth - even after the cavity has been treated with a deep filling. If this is accompanied by additional facial swelling it can be painful and extremely alarming for both the child and parents.

However , this is not a reason to refer all children who need filings to a Specialist. The NHS is already under extreme financial pressure and referring all children who require routine fillings to Specialists will simply add to that burden.

Specialists in paediatric dentistry often treat children who are extremely anxious, and nervous and who therefore are unable to cooperate with treatment in the general dental practice setting and I can completely understand how hard it was for you if your child found the experience of the extraction with the Specialist difficult and stressful.

I hope your son is healthy and happy now and that you are continuing to take him for regular checks with his new dentist.

Due to Confidentiality and Data Security Regulations , if you wish to discuss anything further with me I would advise you to contact the practice personally and ask for Dr Lakhanpaul.