Park Avenue Dental Care

0208 452 6889 44 Park Avenue North, Willesden Green , London, NW10 1JY

Anonymous gave Park Avenue Dental Care a rating of 5 stars

The place to go to get your teeth sorted.....

Broken filling and hole in tooth. Seen on time.
Filling secured, hole gone...back to normal.
Job done within 30minutes-odd....
Such a caring Dentist, with support from their Dental nurses. Minimal pain, calm approach...and such emphasis on ensuring my well-being, comfort and being informed throughout...
For those, like me, who only attend when there is a tooth problem...and need a slick fix...this seems the place to go.
Forget my smile...the Team are all smiles....and 100% professional
Very grateful.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 04 November 2017

Asad gave Park Avenue Dental Care a rating of 5 stars

First dental checkup in years

I'm yet to be treated with a deep cleaning by the dental hygienist so I can't comment on the outcome of my treatment but based on my experience so far, I would highly recommend this dental practice. I hadn't been to the dentist for years due to fears of being offered unnecessary treatments by dentists out purely for their own financial gain, but it had been so long that I needed a checkup. Looking at the Google and NHS reviews, I saw that this dental practice was rated well so I decided to call to make an appointment and was seen the very next week. The dentist I saw was personable, knowledgeable and answered all my questions. The dentist looked at any problems I had with my teeth/gums and suggested any procedures that would help deal with these but I didn't feel pushed into getting any treatments I didn't want/need. Will definitely be back in the future at some point for another checkup as I feel this is a dentist that can be trusted.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 02 October 2017

Best Dentist I have ever had in 37yrs

I like many people have been scared of Dentists and have become use to experiencing excruciating pain; however since seeing a particular dentist, pain and being anxious is a thing of the past. This dentist is extremely professional, throughout the check up he offers reassurance and uses distraction techniques. The dentist gives you choice and lots of information in order to make an informative choice about your dental treatment. The dentist also explains the best way to care for your teeth and gives interesting information with regards to research on tooth decay. I am thoroughly happy with my Dentist, they also saved me from having to pay 100s of pounds to see a specialist for route canal treatment. This dentist undertook two route canals and I didn't feel anything. Strongly recommend this Dentist.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 19 May 2017

Reliable, Professional and Friendly Services

A professional and reliable team of staff, who are always friendly and make all my visits pleasant. The reception staff are always helpful and polite and the dentists are some of the most professional I have met and I have been to a couple of other practices before coming here.
I am grateful for their flexibility on appointment times, I've been able to come in early so as not to have to take too much time off work.
I'm also grateful that my dentist always gives me options and suggestions, for example I wanted to whiten my teeth and as I have sensitive teeth the dentist suggested the overnight retainer option rather than the laser, and I'm incredibly happy with this decision.
I have already recommended this surgery to my family and work colleagues and would unquestionably recommend to others.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 03 September 2017

Anonymous gave Park Avenue Dental Care a rating of 1 stars

not good for nhs paying patients

Dentist not confident of their ability to do root canal treatment. Will try to avoid treating you if you are nhs paying by first referring you to an nhs specialist who then rejected my referral because of the simple standard nature of the root canal treatment. Then by the time I got the rejection the dentist will purposely give me an appointment at least 1 month later and ask me to pay again the band 2 treatment again which I have already paid for so they can get more money even though once you have paid for NHS band treatment you do not have to pay again within two months. I was also told I need to pay band 3 treatment for root canal treatment which was wrong. Difficult to speak to dentist and receptionist will not help.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 02 June 2016

Park Avenue Dental Care replied on 31 July 2016

Thank you for your letter which was passed to me by my practice manager. I apologise for the delay in posting this response but as a courtesy to you , I have waited until we have reached a resolution via direct communication with yourself as it would have been unprofessional of me to do otherwise.

In the interests of patient confidentiality which we are ethically bound to uphold, I can only answer your response on this site in a broad and general manner as I would not wish to compromise your identity

I would categorically deny that any of the dentists at PADC are not confident or happy to carry out the root treatment - both on the NHS and privately as this is something that we all do on a daily basis.

Originally you had decided to have NHS root canal treatment carried out by your dentist at PADC as the original treatment plan signed by yourself as part of the informed consent process clearly shows.

It is part of the remit of our dentists when gaining informed consent to inform patients of all of the options that are available and this included outlining the option of referral to a specialist in endodontics - either privately or on the NHS.

Unfortunately, if patients, such as yourself are adamant that they wish to be referred for NHS specialist endodontist treatment despite being informed that their particular case does not meet the extremely stringent NHS selection criteria - they are warned of the almost certain likelihood of rejection.

On receiving notification of your rejection form the NHS CDS, your dentist wrote to you personally about this decision advising that you attend to discuss the treatment options once again.

However you decided to call the practice instead.At this time no costing was given to you, nor did your dentist state it would be a band 3 treatment as without a further clinical examination for the the tooth to be reassessed and a new treatment plan mutually agreed upon by both of you , this would not have been possible.

We would like to apologise if you felt you found it difficult to get in contact with your dentist by telephone.During his clinical hours of work when he is with patients in the treatment room, he is ethically bound to prioritise their personal welfare and quality of treatment in the same manner he would have done for you. Our dentists will not accept telephone calls unless they are able to ensure they are conducted in a confidential environment and do not impact negatively on other patients’ appointment schedules . We apologise for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

In hindsight it would have been better for reception to highlight the ability to email the practice with questions or concerns which would allow for a reply at a more convenient opportunity

As we do not like to think of any of our patients feeling disadvantaged following care that we have provided , as a gesture of goodwill we have issued you with an appropriate refund. We wish you well in your new practice.

Dr Sangeeta Lakhanpaul

Anastasia gave Park Avenue Dental Care a rating of 5 stars

Excellent services

I'm scared of dentists and this was the first time I went to the dentist in this country. I received an appointment in few days in an efficient time for me. I was explained exactly what's wrong and what's good in my mouth. I had to do one procedure, which I was very scared for. It ended up being painless and the doctor did such a great job with my tooth that something that worried me over many years, doesn't any more. Thank you to the dentist.
I would defiantly recommend this clinic.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 07 April 2016

Anonymous gave Park Avenue Dental Care a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service and care.

This was my first visit. The care has been exceptional; from the moment I called up to book an appointment, through to the receptionist on the day, and then the dentist. I am a very nervous patient, but the dentist put me at ease immediately with their calm and patient manner.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 03 March 2016

Anonymous gave Park Avenue Dental Care a rating of 2 stars

First experience good second bad

My daughter and I went to a dentist and found them to be fantastic. This dentist was caring and patient and even offered a solution to a problem. I then phoned to make a check appointment a year later and found the receptionist rude. They first of all answered the call and placed me on hold immediately, I hate that! Then when I called back the next convenient appointment was a month away then they insisted to book the hygienist I had to pay the £50 up front. I said I was willing to phone the week of the appointment to pay they said it had to be now or they would not make the appointment. So even after telling them how I wouldn't pay a month in advance they said in a very rude tone that I couldn't see the hygienist, and then when I said I'd find another dentist they said fine and hung up!

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 24 February 2016

Park Avenue Dental Care replied on 04 March 2016

We are very sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your second experience at Park Avenue Dental Care but are pleased to know that yourself and your daughter were happy with your initial visit and found your dentist to be a caring, patient and fantastic clinician.

We would like to assure you that all the dentists at the practice place the utmost importance on delivering excellence when it comes to the care and dental health of their patients. We are delighted that you left the practice with a solution to your problem.

We are lucky that all our dentists are extremely popular and busy but unfortunately the downside to this is that all three of our phone-lines and our three receptionists can be very hectic especially during our busiest times which are early morning and late afternoons. Therefore, we can only apologise that sometimes patients may need to be put on hold, with a database of approximately 12,000 patients to cater to I hope you can understand this is at times unavoidable.

Waiting times for check up appointments for our dentists are approximately two weeks if patients are willing to take the next available appointment. If patients wish to only attend at specific times of the day or book a double or treble appointment along with other family members this time may go up to between 3 to 4 weeks. As check ups are non urgent care patients should not be unduly concerned if they need to wait an extra week or two as it will not negatively impact on their dental health. If however, a patient is in pain they should inform the receptionist and we will endeavour to see our own patients with a dental emergency within 24 hours during the working week.

Park Avenue Dental Care has two excellent Hygienists and appointments with our hygienists are booked well in advance. Patients are required to make the payment for the hygiene treatment which is £50 per session at the time they book their appointment. As many of our patients are busy and wish to make their visit to Park Avenue Dental Care as time efficient for themselves as possible, they prefer to book their check up and hygiene appointments together. This may be one, three or six months in advance to allow them to secure the exact days and times which suit them best. However, equally if patients do not wish to pay this far in advance then they are welcome to call a week prior to the time they wish to book, arrange the appointment with the hygienist and pay then, although this may mean their choice of appointment times will be limited. I hope you can understand it would be difficult for the receptionists to telephone all the hygiene appointments one week before their appointment to process payments as it would simply mean the receptionists are taken away from more important tasks and inevitably mean more calls ending up on hold.

We are sorry if the person you spoke to came across as rude. We would like to reassure you that every member of staff at PADC has genuine respect for all the patents that we treat and it is a matter of some regret for me to know that we have been unable to clearly communicate this to you.

We apologise if you feel a member of our team has given you any impression other than that we are committed to providing a genuinely patient centric approach with a view that any constructive criticism we receive is a positive way to improve the high level of patient care to which we aspire.

We invite you to contact the practice to address your concerns with either Dr.Gupta or Dr Lakhanpaul, the practice owners.

Anonymous gave Park Avenue Dental Care a rating of 4 stars

Dentist Feedback

This dentist gives you feedback at all times about what they would recommend and what they are doing as they carry out treatment which I find reassuring. They give lots of preventative advice which I also like.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 18 December 2015

Anonymous gave Park Avenue Dental Care a rating of 1 stars

My son had further complications after the treatment

We had a few of appointment booked for my child, which at the time seemed went fairly well. The doctor kept talking about the importance of the hygiene, which was good. They also kept taking about reducing sugar intake, which in my case i reminded him that we totally obtain from buying supermarket sweets, chocolates, crisps etc opting for more heather raw foods. At some points they sounded very patronising, which was actually very unpleasant. The doctor was a bit hesitant on how to interact with my child. It seemed a bit awkward and unfriendly at times. The assistant seemed a bit not interested in their job.

During out last appointment the doctor put a filling into my child's tooth. 1 months later my child woke up (on sunday) with a massive swollen cheek, which turned out to be an abscess. We went to the walk-in at Royal Free Hospital and they told us to go out dentist so they could book us with a specialist clinic.
I went to another dentist instead and they said to me that the filling was put incorrectly, i.e. too close to the tooth next to it, which made brushing between the teeth impossible. That was the main cause of the abscess. We were referred us to the extraction at the special dental clinic pretty quick and given antibiotics to ease the swelling.

The whole experience with extraction and further treatment has been very difficult and stressful for my child. Part of it could have been avoided by referring us to specialist clinic and not attempting to put a filling.

Now, after a couple of year passed, all I can say that although the clinic is clean, the personnel can be a bit more enthusiastic and friendly but firm while dealing with kids (as they do in specialist clinics). The big difference can be made when you treat kids in more relaxed way with less patronising.

I would not recommend the clinic to the parents of young children after my child's experience. I never used the services of this clinic myself, therefore it might work for grown-ups.

Visited in September 2015. Posted on 23 August 2017

Park Avenue Dental Care replied on 24 September 2017

I am extremely sorry to hear that your experience at Park Avenue Dental Care was stressful and that you were not happy with the care your son received.

Although you have decided to inform us of your dissatisfaction with our service I am somewhat perturbed that you have chosen to do this anonymously two years after the event and in the format of a review rather than opting to personally contact the surgery immediately at the time you were experiencing the problems.

I am sorry that you felt the dentist whom you dealt with was patronising and that the dental assistant was disinterested in their job. I would like to think that all the staff at park avenue dental care are courteous, polite and engaged at all times and I would be happy to investigate this further if you are able to give me your own details and those of the dentist who treated your son.

Of course , many parents strive to provide the most healthy diet for their children but as dentists it is our role to ensure that even the smaller details of diet advice are clearly understood.

Most parents know to avoid giving their children sweets and chocolates , however many like yourself are not aware that raw foods including both fresh and dried fruit are just as capable of causing tooth decay in children as the sweets and chocolates they so carefully avoid. Toothbrushing cannot clean between teeth - this can only be carried out by using dental floss.

After 28 years as a practicing dentist , I can say no matter how experienced you are it can still be difficult to treat a child who is anxious , nervous and in pain - particularly if the child is not familiar with the dentist or the practice surroundings. There is a fine line between trying to examine and treat the child and in doing something against the child's wishes which may harm the child's long term psychological view of dentists.

In children , just as in adults extremely deep cavities can lead to the death of the tooth which in turn produces an abscess in the mouth - even after the cavity has been treated with a deep filling. If this is accompanied by additional facial swelling it can be painful and extremely alarming for both the child and parents.

However , this is not a reason to refer all children who need filings to a Specialist. The NHS is already under extreme financial pressure and referring all children who require routine fillings to Specialists will simply add to that burden.

Specialists in paediatric dentistry often treat children who are extremely anxious, and nervous and who therefore are unable to cooperate with treatment in the general dental practice setting and I can completely understand how hard it was for you if your child found the experience of the extraction with the Specialist difficult and stressful.

I hope your son is healthy and happy now and that you are continuing to take him for regular checks with his new dentist.

Due to Confidentiality and Data Security Regulations , if you wish to discuss anything further with me I would advise you to contact the practice personally and ask for Dr Lakhanpaul.