Borough Dental Practice

1. Review titled Quoted £300 for 2 unnecessary fillings

by Stuart Clapham - Posted on 28 October 2019

I went for a check up. The dentist looked at my teeth (literally just looked, didn't even prod anywhere), tool some x-rays and told me I needed two fillings at £150 each. I was unhappy at the level of interest and care, so went to another dentist who took x-rays and photos, and talked me through the photos to explain that there was no sign of decay or therefore any fillings but that I did need a deep gum clean. It is outrageous that the dentist at Borough Dental was prepared to drill into two of my teeth without needing to. Even if I had needed them, the going rate at other dentists was around half of the £150 per tooth quoted at Borough Dental. Avoid.

Visited October 2019

Report review titled Quoted £300 for 2 unnecessary fillings as unsuitable

2. Review titled My filling appointment

by Anonymous - Posted on 29 October 2019

I had a good appointment at the Borough Dental Practice, the Dentist was very kind and gave me good advice about how to maintain the health of my teeth. I required a filling and the dentist was considerate of my unease with receiving injections which I appreciated.

Visited September 2019

Report review titled My filling appointment as unsuitable

Borough Dental Practice has not yet replied.

3. Review titled They've been so helpful!

by Lauren - Posted on 11 September 2019

So I hadn't been to a dentist in probably over 6 years - I've had an awful phobia of dentists since childhood that wouldn't go away. Decided I needed to get my teeth finally seen to and after reading the site reviews called them; reception were super helpful and generally lovely and got my booked in to have an appointment the next day. They're always welcoming and helpful on the phone or in person. RE the treatment - I was nervous about getting fillings (back in Scotland I'd get sedated in childhood/early teens the nerves get so bad). But my dentist was really calm, patient and while it obviously hurts it wasn't anywhere near the pain I'd remembered. If I ask questions she's happy to answer them and explain. Super happy to have found them!

Visited September 2019

Report review titled They've been so helpful! as unsuitable

4. Review titled Unprofessional

by Anonymous - Posted on 07 October 2019

receptionists are friendly but do NOT give correct appointment information. I was told I could have a filing when my tooth broke on Friday, but when i arrived for my appt. on Tuesday morning and waited 30 minutes to be seen after my appointment time, the dentist said I had to come back for the filing as he did not have time. I was treated like I didn't know my own health and treatment even though I did, and the dentist was dismissive and said he had been working since 8am like that was a factor in my treatment. The NHS still charges patients and NHS dentists should treat patients like clients not just dismiss them as if they are doing them a favour. The practice manager was also clueless and unhelpful and I have been asked to be removed from their list. I will find a better dental practice to attend.

Visited September 2019

Report review titled Unprofessional as unsuitable

5. Review titled Thanks!

by Anonymous - Posted on 07 October 2019

I needed a quick emergency treatment (a relatively simple one). Was accepted the next day. Receptionists were very friendly and helpful. I was treated by the dentist who was very helpful and patient.

Visited August 2019

Report review titled Thanks! as unsuitable

Borough Dental Practice has not yet replied.

6. Review titled Fear and dread of treatment finally eased after 50 years!

by Jeff Warlock - Posted on 26 July 2019

As a child I suffered with crooked teeth which necessitated a lot of dental work including braces for my teeth. My recollection is this was a time of dread and terror and pain and suffering. By the age of 10 I was convinced that dentists were sadists. Visits to the dentist even to see the hygienist saw me leaving with the back of my shirt drenched in sweat. However recently I had to have a tooth removed because there was an underlying infection. To my utter astonishment I barely felt the anaesthetic injections and the tooth was removed in its entirety with only a very little discomfort and absolutely no pain. I don't think the dentist realises how much this experience means to me. I won't pretend that one successful extraction wipes away my childhood terror but it has eased my mind considerably for which I am very grateful. The dentist was patient, gentle and highly professional. For the first time in over 50 years I think I might be in safe hands.

Visited July 2019

Report review titled Fear and dread of treatment finally eased after 50 years! as unsuitable

7. Review titled Impressive

by Anonymous - Posted on 07 October 2019

The most efficient dental visit I have ever had. I came in with pain and left less than 30 mins later pain-free.

Visited July 2019

Report review titled Impressive as unsuitable

8. Review titled Absolutely top notch treatment

by Don from Canada - Posted on 05 July 2019

Borough Dental Practice are absolutely top notch. Professional, courteous, efficient, effective, and best of all 100% pain and stress free! I have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending these dentists.

Visited July 2019

Report review titled Absolutely top notch treatment as unsuitable

9. Review titled Brilliant service

by Anonymous - Posted on 17 July 2019

I was extremely satisfied with my recent appointment. Very friendly staff and very professional services.definitely a good dental practice and frequently accepting new NHS patients.I would highly recommend this practice.

Visited June 2019

Report review titled Brilliant service as unsuitable

10. Review titled Top Professional Dentistry

by The London Geezer - Posted on 27 June 2019

The reception staff are very helpful and professional and they will always try and get you, even if you have to sit and wait a couple of hours for emergency treatment. The dentist who are also amazing I’ve had many a filling and tooth pulled 🦷🦷🦷🦷by this excellent team. I also found the best dentist tend to be downstairs so be sure to ask for “A top downstairs dentist” 😎 the only very slight note, if your assigned a Dentist you stuck with them, and you can not chop and change dentist bit of a odd rule for a multi-talented Dental practice, especially if your dentist is off on his holiday to Butlins 🎡🎢

Visited June 2019