St Andrews Dental Practice

01767 313182 St Andrews Dental Practice, 17a High Street , Biggleswade, Bedfordshire, SG18 0JE

Anonymous gave St Andrews Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Paying for Dental treatment

I'm very happy with my dentist she is lovely and very patient with me but I don't understand why i have to pay for my dental treatment in advance no one else has to i sat in the waiting room today and someone rang up for dentist and hygienist appointment and didn't have to pay in a d advance so why have i had to pay in advance i struggle with my bills as it is but i know i need to look after my teeth so can someone explain to me why i have had to pay in advance my daughter had 2.250 pounds worth of treatment and her dad payed on the day she had it done just need it explained to me

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 13 July 2018

St Andrews Dental Practice replied on 16 July 2018

Dear Patient,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us feedback we are always trying to provide our patients with the best possible care and any feedback we receive is encouraged and appreciated. We treat all our patients the same at our practice and I am sorry you felt like you were being treated differently in this regard. I would be happy to look into the issue you have raised and as the comment is anonymous I would be grateful if you called the practice ask for the practice manager so we can get this resolved / explained for you.
Thank you.

Anonymous gave St Andrews Dental Practice a rating of 3 stars

Busy practice with a few rude staff

As the women above said there is a rude member of staff on reception not all but one particular is rude with my wife and tried to be rude to myself, had a hygienist appointment ,the surgery phoned and said can you come 10 mins early.. i arrive for the appointment on time and then have to wait a further 20 mins past my original appointment time!! Sign in surgery says late appointment or missed appointment you will be charged!!! Another time the dentist kept saying to me u need to go to the hygienist (which I did)so I said I would book a appointment, I didn't book a appointment because of various things (holiday,illness,work) I had some more work done with the same dentist during this time which was a good service but every time I went they would say u need to go to the hygienist,so I finally booked and had a hygienist appointment less than a week later I had appointment with the same dentist who promptly told me I needed to go to see the hygienist!!!! The dentist either doesn't know their job or is overly promoting the hygienist,I understand that this is a business but I find this kind of practice unhelpful and putting people under pressure to have unnecessary work very unethical

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 20 August 2017

St Andrews Dental Practice replied on 29 August 2017

We are very sorry that you are feeling this way following a visit to our practice. Unfortunately, it is impossible for me to specifically comment on your situation as you have decided to remain anonymous however I would like for you to know that St Andrews Dental Practice takes all complaints very seriously.
We actively encourage patient feedback every month via the Friends and Family feedback forms, the results of which are discussed with the whole team at our monthly practice meetings in a bid to improve the service we offer and we regularly receive very good comments.
Our dentists have their patients best interests at the heart of everything they do. Dentists are required to refer patients to see our (5 weeks booked ahead) full time Hygienist/Therapist to help improve their oral hygiene and ultimately improve the condition of their teeth and gums. Seeing the Hygienist as required is proven to improve and maintain good oral health.
We can only advise what treatment we feel is going to be beneficial for our patients, it is entirely the choice of the patient whether they act on the advice given to them.
I would like to invite you to either pop in to see me or email me at st.andrews.dentalbiggleswade@nhs.net so we can investigate the concerns you have raised. Many thanks.

Anonymous gave St Andrews Dental Practice a rating of 4 stars

Best Dental Practice around

I've been coming to this practice for many years now and can honestly say I've never been to a better dentist.The staff here have always treated me impeccably and I've always been given appointment times that suit me.
The dentists I've been seen by were both gentle and caring (although very busy at times)and I will always recommend coming here to everyone.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 29 August 2017

St Andrews Dental Practice replied on 01 November 2017

Thank you so very much for your kind review. Patient feedback is very important to us and something we routinely encourage patients to give every month. Whilst we are consistently striving to 'get it right' it is always a joy to hear our patients are happy with the level of service and treatment we are providing.

Mr M Huckle gave St Andrews Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Had not been to dentist for 20 years was made very welcome .

Being very nervous as not visited dentist for 20 years I was put at ease and had 3 fillings in one sitting, had no pain and was delighted with the results. Would recommend this dentist surgery to anyone am now at ease and happy to go to my next appointment for a check up. Thank you for putting me at ease 👍

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 12 September 2017

St Andrews Dental Practice replied on 01 November 2017

Jackie Perretta gave St Andrews Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

This dental practice is friendly and professional.

I have been a patient at this dental practice for about 10 years and my dentist has always been brilliant, they understand I'm nervous and always talks me through any treatment and costs before they start. I feel confident and happy to trust them with my teeth. I have just under gone teeth whitening and re shaping which I am thrilled with. All the staff are really friendly including the receptionists. They always fit you in when you have toothache or are concerned. Totally recommend.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 21 March 2017

St Andrews Dental Practice replied on 23 March 2017

Carla Goodall gave St Andrews Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Courteous, professional and caring service!

I have been a patient of St Andrews Dental Practice for at least three years now and have always received excellent service from all practice staff. I have attended for routine appointments, check-ups, hygienist and orthodontic and cosmetic (surgical implants). I have received good information and advice, with my opinions and questions addressed, as well as receiving accurate costings etc. Ii am pleased to be a patient of this practice and recommend it to friends without hesitation.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 30 January 2017

St Andrews Dental Practice replied on 23 March 2017

Thanks very much for your kind feedback. We actively seek comments and suggestions from our patients every month in order to take on board any areas where we should look to make changes/improve. It's always a delight to hear when our patients are satisfied with the service and treatment they receive. Many thanks again.

Anonymous gave St Andrews Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

rude and customer choice

Its hard to fine a dentist now a days and my daughters and I finally after two years managed an NHS place. However, let's start with receptionist. Reception was rude, if you failed to pay asao then you had no help. Well I never got offered. I rang in the morning to cancel an appt as I couldn't afford dentist and was abruptly told two strikes a d I'm out. I contested but it was so rude. The dentist I had was rude to me and my children and told my children their teeth would be pulled out if they didn't care for them....my children are now scared of going. I was seen and immediately I had to pay for dental care, of which the dentist dug so much that the root was damaged causing a cost of root canal....I'm indiscomfort still but won't be going back there in case I end up paying the earth again. Would I recommend - no! I've since left for a wonderful dentist, so caring and placed confidence back into my daughters outlook at dentist.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 27 December 2016

St Andrews Dental Practice replied on 10 January 2017

We are very sorry to hear this is how you are feeling following a visit to our practice. We take complaints very seriously but unfortunately we aren't able to specifically comment on the issues you have raised as you have left the review anonymously.
The practice asks patients to give 24 hours notice when cancelling appointments in order for us to be able to offer those appointments to other patients who need to be seen. We realise that depending on the situation for cancelling discretion is shown as 24 hours notice is not always possible.
It is practice policy for patients to pay for their NHS treatments upon booking of appointments and the NHS fees are set out by the NHS.
As a family practice we aim to build confidence in our patients especially children as the importance of good oral hygiene starts at a young age.
If you would like to discuss your concerns please call me on 01767 313182 or alternatively send me an email to standrewsdental@hotmail.co.uk