Flitwick High Street Dental Practice

01525 717288 23 High Street , Flitwick, Bedfordshire, MK45 1DX

Brilliant

i feel I need to write this review as we have been attending this practice for years as a family . I have to say I was worried for them a few years ago as service did “slack” however the past year or so I can say how pleased we are with not only the dentist but the staff too . Reception staff are so friendly , approachable and knowledgable. It’s lovely to hear how they all work together . I had a lengthy wait over 35 minutes but I joined in with reception chatting away and didn’t notice . Their people skills are great . Keep it up !!

Visited in March 2019. Posted on 29 March 2019

Gill gave Flitwick High Street Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding treatment from the dentist and dental nurse!

Very many thanks to a really excellent dentist at Flitwick Dental Surgery on the High Street, assisted by a lovely dental nurse. The dentist was gentle, kind and professional and carefully put me at ease and explained everything so carefully. Throughout the procedure the dentist kept reassuring me, which I found to be extremely helpful, as I usually feel very nervous when visiting any dentist appointments. The dentist and dental nurse are a real credit to the dental practice and I would highly recommend a visit! Very many thanks to you both.

Visited in March 2019. Posted on 09 March 2019

Anonymous gave Flitwick High Street Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Great practice, awful shared bathroom

The practice itself is well run, it seems the staff know what they are doing and the dentists are helpful... You can easily get an appointment without having to wait weeks, but the one thing I dread at this practice is the 'shared toilet'
First of all, I do not believe it is appropriate for the dentist to call my name from coming straight out of the toilet... Which is in the middle of the waiting room.. For those who sit in the seats backing onto the toilet wall you can hear everything... The dentists and nurses visit the toilet in their so called 'clinical uniform' inbetween calling patients which is not on, the door opens straight facing onto patients which is discusting!!! There is no ventilation in that room!!
I believe there should be at least a staff toilet for them to use.. At least so patients don't have to see them visiting the loo. It is not nice to see your dentist and nurse use the same toilet as everyone else and infront of everyone to see! Also the toilet is always short of paper towels... I find myself having to dry my hands with toilet paper (which is stacked up on the floor) the toilet roll holder doesn't even work... It's dirty in there and something needs to change. I hope this is taken into consideration...

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 23 August 2018

Production line ...

Since being subsumed by a faceless entity I feel the service here has deteriorated.

If you get to see the same dentist twice then consider yourself lucky as the staff turnover appears to be horrendous and therefore there can be no relationship between patient and dentist.

Instead of personalised treatment I feel like I'm on a corporate money-making production line.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 06 August 2018

Jane horn gave Flitwick High Street Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Great dentist harshil and his team

i chose flitwick dental surgery after visiting several others,this was due to the initial consultation which made me feel very relaxed and confident with the dentist. The treatment I received was first class and completed to my complete satisfaction.Before my treatment I did not feel happy with my teeth and tried to hide my smile,but now with my new composites vaneers and crown I don’t stop smiling. I can not believe the difference that this treatment has made.A big thank you to my dentist and his great team I am so so pleased with the final result.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 13 April 2018

Flitwick High Street Dental Practice replied on 06 June 2018

Thank you so much for taking time out to provide us with positive feedback. We work hard to ensure our patients have a positive experience when visiting so we are delighted to receive your feedback. Thank you again.

Will not return here

I have only been coming here since moving to the area 3 years ago. To start with I had really positive experiences with knowledgeable and helpful dentists and staff. I have now been given yet another dentist, the 4th dentist since I joined, and my last appointment was awful. I went in to have a filling replaced - and during this routine procedure the dentist cut my tongue in three different places. I was sent off with an apology and a load of gauze in my mouth. I had no follow up call over the next week to see if I was okay. I phoned to complain 3 times and the practice manager was off sick and have still yet to be called. This was 2 weeks ago and still nothing. I will not be returning to this practice.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 05 April 2018

Anonymous gave Flitwick High Street Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Shame the best dentist has left

After being a patient at Station Square for over 15 years (followed my dentist for 19 years) i needed an emergency appointment but was unable to get one on the day I phoned (not usually a problem). Got an appointment the next day but due to my usual dentist leaving i had to have my appointment with another dentist. I needed to have a tooth removed and after never feeling an injection my usual dentist normally does I was shocked at how painful the injection was. I was never given any advise on options just told it was to be taken out. I was told when going in that it was going to cost £** to see the dentist but was not told how much an extraction would cost until I got out in the reception and the receptionist advised me the total. Very dissapointed that the usual dentist has left and will now have to look elsewhere for a dentist as was not happy with this appointment.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 23 January 2018

Flitwick High Street Dental Practice replied on 06 June 2018

Thank you for your feedback, we are sorry to hear that we have not met your expectations, we would welcome to opportunity to discuss this further with you. Please feel free to contact the practice manager on 01525 717288.

Wont be returning

I had faith in this surgery for years but not anymore. They're very good at getting you a quick appointment, that'll I'll give them but the communication process in the actual surgery with the dentist is terrible.
I needed a cap on a tooth fitting due to a broken tooth, seemed like a quick and easy process. Literally didn't even talk to me, just did his thing and I ended up with a tooth that now rests against my lip because it's not straight and is in wonky and for the first few days couldn't eat properly as it was longer than my other tooth, so it was smashing off my other teeth every time I was chewing something.
The quality of it was absolutely unacceptable. I had made a complaint, but didn't hear anything back for days. I only wanted them to redo it! Receptionists are very helpful, probably the only good thing about the surgery.
Luckily, a private dentist managed to get me in locally and has resolved the problem. She questioned why I had not had an X-ray at this dentist due to the fact I actually had a dying nerve and would need root canal. She was right, the root did need this, no more pain. So why was this not done at this surgery?
After this experience, I will never return. It definitely pays to go private at a decent dental surgery.
The quality of service received here was poor and I hope nobody else experiences the same!

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 15 January 2018

Anonymous gave Flitwick High Street Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

A patient for years until the decent dentists all left

Myself and my family visited this practice for regular dental treatment for over 15 years and always found the staff friendly and the dentists were efficient. I left 2 years ago when I had a bad experience with a dentist leaving me with nightmares. My daughter stayed registered with the practice as she had a different dentist who had known her since she was young, which put her at ease. She had to make an emergency appointment and the practice were brilliant at seeing her within a few days but unfortunately she didn't get her usual dentist, instead she got the dentist I had had the bad experience with which has left her looking like a character from Disney and she won't leave the house due to the way her teeth look. I am now going to have to pay private to sort the mess out before my daughter has a breakdown. Nobody went over the options with her and I can see why they have plenty of NHS places left. Make sure you discuss what treatment you would like in advance with the dentist but don't hold your breath for much communication back.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 04 January 2018

Flitwick High Street Dental Practice replied on 06 June 2018

Thank you your feedback, however, to allow us the opportunity to respond I would appreciate if you could contact myself the Practice Manager, so we can discuss and resolve the concerns you have raised.

Fantastic service

Fantastic service received from my dentist and his nurse, it is a great shame he is leaving, I would have followed him to his new practice but I believe it will be too far away. He was so calm and patient with me, I am an extremely anxious patient but his nurse put me at ease and his service and the treatment he provided was brilliant. I am so happy with what he has done for me. Everybody at the practice is so kind and considerate. The Reception team Are very friendly and I almost feel sorry for the ladies behind there because it is always so busy when I go in, and they look like they have a million and one jobs to do!! The phones are constantly ringing!!
Very efficient service here and it seems as if things have improved over the past few months!!

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 21 December 2017

Flitwick High Street Dental Practice replied on 11 January 2018

Dear patient, I would like to thank you for sharing your story with us and leaving such positive feedback for our practice. This level of care is what we strive to achieve with all our patients on a daily basis. I will share this with the team and I am sure they will enjoy reading it as much as I have. Thanks again.