Carnegie Dental Clinic Limited

01274 590777 9-13 Leeds Road , Shipley, BD18 1BP

Sharon Hatton gave Carnegie Dental Clinic Limited a rating of 5 stars

Best dentist ever had

I had not made regular check up appointments so lost my place at previous dentist. It was actually a blessing in disguise as I have found the best dentist ever been to! I am so frightened having had a few bad experiences with pain but the dentist here took time to do some calming techniques, tips for my awful gag reflex and did the most thorough examination I have ever had.
I can understand now all the certificates in reception for finalist places in dentistry awards. I will not let anyone else touch my teeth ever again! Thank you to all staff there for looking after me.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 14 October 2018

Jackie Gardiner gave Carnegie Dental Clinic Limited a rating of 5 stars

Look after your Teeth & Gums.

Unable to find a NHS Practice, I scrolled through Dentists on the web & chose Carnegie because of their reviews, I was not disappointed.
Not seen a Dentist in 2-3 years. After the consultation, a treatment plan was put in place along with costs. Options were given on treatments available and discussed thoroughly which would be best.
My treatments have gone on over the space of about 8 months and each time, everything has been explained. I felt totally comfortable and at ease and given after care advice as well.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 02 July 2018

Wendy Watson gave Carnegie Dental Clinic Limited a rating of 5 stars

Good with dental phobics

I am terrified of dental treatment. My fear often results in me weeping whilst gripping the chair in a death grip. The dentist and the dental hygienist I have seen here have been brilliant.

They are patient, taking time to explain everything, and recognising my fear. e.g. referring me so it will be possible for me to have a necessary extraction under sedation. Today I am off for a filling. Not looking forward to it at all. But I would rather have it done here than anywhere else because I know that here they will help as much as they can.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 15 May 2018

Carnegie Dental Clinic Limited replied on 18 September 2018

Firstly Congratulations! It sounds like you have worked really hard at overcoming your dental phobia to the point that you can now have a filling with just local anaesthetic. What an achievement! We know that every patient needs to proceed with dental treatment at their own pace so please don't hesitate to raise your hand and ask for a breather mid treatment if you ever need one. It's never a problem :)

Anonymous gave Carnegie Dental Clinic Limited a rating of 5 stars

Best dentist I ever had

I can't praise the dentists, nurses and staff highly enough. They have never let me down when I have had toothache

The particular dentist I see is exceptional. She really calms you down and explains everything she's going to do before and during treatment. Then explains what she has done and gives advice.

I'm not even nervous before an appointment!

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 16 May 2018

Carnegie Dental Clinic Limited replied on 18 September 2018

What a lovely comment, thank you! There really is nothing worse than toothache and we will always try and see you as soon as possible if it happens to you.
I am so glad that your dentist makes you feel at ease and gives you great advice. That's what we're there for :)

Anonymous gave Carnegie Dental Clinic Limited a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service

Great service, prompt and timely. Very polite and professional. Very happy with the dental advice. Even though Carnegie is a private practice they are never pushy with regards treatments/polishes etc

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 08 June 2018

Janet Dyson gave Carnegie Dental Clinic Limited a rating of 5 stars

My first time at Carnegie

Had to have 5 teeth out and top and bottom dentures put in. My dentist could not have been more helpful and kind and caring. Everything was explained to me beforehand and as I am a very anxious person she really did put me at ease. Although it has been a painful experience, it is the best treatment I have ever had at a dentist. I would highly recommend this place.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 04 April 2018

Carnegie Dental Clinic Limited replied on 01 May 2018

Thank you for your lovely comment. We are always sad when we can't save teeth and have to extract them and understand that this can be a very distressing experience for our patients. I hope that you are getting used to your denture and that you will feel less anxious about your dental visits in the future.

Anonymous gave Carnegie Dental Clinic Limited a rating of 1 stars

nerve pain prolonged

I was suffering form nerve pain, this was not highlighted until it took me many visits and was told it would settle, in the end an emergency dental clinic had to be used. I was shouted at by the dentist for asking politely about why this was happening. My mother was told to open her mouth open more wide, when no longer possible she shouted at me tell her to. my mothers first language is not english but she comprehends simple instructions. I was constantly coerced in to teeth whitening airflow, we declined on each visit

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 30 April 2018

Dear anonymous,
We always try our best to provide our patients with a high quality of dentistry in relaxed surroundings. I am sorry to hear that this is not the dental experience that you had.
I am struggling to respond to this comment, as having spoken to all of the staff at the practice nobody remembers a dentist /therapist/ hygienist ever shouting at a patient.
It would be very helpful if you could contact the practice and speak to Ruth or Lydia in detail about all of the concerns that you have mentioned above so that we can get to the bottom of this. Kind Regards. Carnegie Dental Clinic (01274 590777)

Eleanor gave Carnegie Dental Clinic Limited a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic Dentist

I cannot fault mine and my family’s treatment at Carnegie Dental Clinic. The treatment is always first rate and the staff are welcoming and informative. We are kept informed about our treatment and given great advice to maintain good dental health between appointments. I would not hesitate to recommend this clinic to anyone!

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 14 February 2018

Carnegie Dental Clinic Limited replied on 01 May 2018

Wow, what a wonderful review. Thank you. It's great to see that all our hard work is producing happy patients. Please feel free to recommend us to all of your family and friends !!

Michael Feather gave Carnegie Dental Clinic Limited a rating of 5 stars

Brilliant

They are always welcoming and friendly. My young family are all registered here and I have to admit that although my son was terrified previously he now has no fear when we go.

Today I was in with the hygienist and for my normal dental appointment and they were fantastic as usual and gave useful advice.

Keep it up.

Kind Regards,
Mikey

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 16 January 2018

Carnegie Dental Clinic Limited replied on 01 May 2018

Thanks for your kind words Mikey. I am pleased to hear that your son is more relaxed at the dentist now. We provide children group sessions in the holidays about diet and tooth brushing, in a fun and interactive way. If you would like to put your children' names down for one of these just ring the practice, it often helps children feel more relaxed bout the dentist.

Janice K gave Carnegie Dental Clinic Limited a rating of 5 stars

Lovely, friendly team

I’m an extremely nervous patient. The team are really understanding of this and do there utmost to make me feel at ease. The whole team at this clinic are very friendly and welcoming. I wouldn’t want to go anywhere else.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 08 January 2018

Carnegie Dental Clinic Limited replied on 01 May 2018

I feel sure that 50% of our patients have some level of dental anxiety so please don't ever feel embarrassed about this, and remember that you can ask the dentist to stop treatment at any time so that you can have a breather. It's not a problem. I'm very pleased that you felt welcome at Carnegie and had a good dental experience. We don't want you to go anywhere else either!