Carnegie Dental Clinic Limited

01274 590777 9-13 Leeds Road , Shipley, BD18 1BP

Wendy Watson gave Carnegie Dental Clinic Limited a rating of 5 stars

Good with dental phobics

I am terrified of dental treatment. My fear often results in me weeping whilst gripping the chair in a death grip. The dentist and the dental hygienist I have seen here have been brilliant.

They are patient, taking time to explain everything, and recognising my fear. e.g. referring me so it will be possible for me to have a necessary extraction under sedation. Today I am off for a filling. Not looking forward to it at all. But I would rather have it done here than anywhere else because I know that here they will help as much as they can.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 15 May 2018

Best dentist I ever had

I can't praise the dentists, nurses and staff highly enough. They have never let me down when I have had toothache

The particular dentist I see is exceptional. She really calms you down and explains everything she's going to do before and during treatment. Then explains what she has done and gives advice.

I'm not even nervous before an appointment!

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 16 May 2018

Excellent service

Great service, prompt and timely. Very polite and professional. Very happy with the dental advice. Even though Carnegie is a private practice they are never pushy with regards treatments/polishes etc

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 08 June 2018

Janet Dyson gave Carnegie Dental Clinic Limited a rating of 5 stars

My first time at Carnegie

Had to have 5 teeth out and top and bottom dentures put in. My dentist could not have been more helpful and kind and caring. Everything was explained to me beforehand and as I am a very anxious person she really did put me at ease. Although it has been a painful experience, it is the best treatment I have ever had at a dentist. I would highly recommend this place.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 04 April 2018

Carnegie Dental Clinic Limited replied on 01 May 2018

Thank you for your lovely comment. We are always sad when we can't save teeth and have to extract them and understand that this can be a very distressing experience for our patients. I hope that you are getting used to your denture and that you will feel less anxious about your dental visits in the future.

Anonymous gave Carnegie Dental Clinic Limited a rating of 1 stars

nerve pain prolonged

I was suffering form nerve pain, this was not highlighted until it took me many visits and was told it would settle, in the end an emergency dental clinic had to be used. I was shouted at by the dentist for asking politely about why this was happening. My mother was told to open her mouth open more wide, when no longer possible she shouted at me tell her to. my mothers first language is not english but she comprehends simple instructions. I was constantly coerced in to teeth whitening airflow, we declined on each visit

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 30 April 2018

Dear anonymous,
We always try our best to provide our patients with a high quality of dentistry in relaxed surroundings. I am sorry to hear that this is not the dental experience that you had.
I am struggling to respond to this comment, as having spoken to all of the staff at the practice nobody remembers a dentist /therapist/ hygienist ever shouting at a patient.
It would be very helpful if you could contact the practice and speak to Ruth or Lydia in detail about all of the concerns that you have mentioned above so that we can get to the bottom of this. Kind Regards. Carnegie Dental Clinic (01274 590777)

Eleanor gave Carnegie Dental Clinic Limited a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic Dentist

I cannot fault mine and my family’s treatment at Carnegie Dental Clinic. The treatment is always first rate and the staff are welcoming and informative. We are kept informed about our treatment and given great advice to maintain good dental health between appointments. I would not hesitate to recommend this clinic to anyone!

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 14 February 2018

Carnegie Dental Clinic Limited replied on 01 May 2018

Wow, what a wonderful review. Thank you. It's great to see that all our hard work is producing happy patients. Please feel free to recommend us to all of your family and friends !!

Janice K gave Carnegie Dental Clinic Limited a rating of 5 stars

Lovely, friendly team

I’m an extremely nervous patient. The team are really understanding of this and do there utmost to make me feel at ease. The whole team at this clinic are very friendly and welcoming. I wouldn’t want to go anywhere else.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 08 January 2018

Carnegie Dental Clinic Limited replied on 01 May 2018

I feel sure that 50% of our patients have some level of dental anxiety so please don't ever feel embarrassed about this, and remember that you can ask the dentist to stop treatment at any time so that you can have a breather. It's not a problem. I'm very pleased that you felt welcome at Carnegie and had a good dental experience. We don't want you to go anywhere else either!

Michael Feather gave Carnegie Dental Clinic Limited a rating of 5 stars

Brilliant

They are always welcoming and friendly. My young family are all registered here and I have to admit that although my son was terrified previously he now has no fear when we go.

Today I was in with the hygienist and for my normal dental appointment and they were fantastic as usual and gave useful advice.

Keep it up.

Kind Regards,
Mikey

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 16 January 2018

Carnegie Dental Clinic Limited replied on 01 May 2018

Thanks for your kind words Mikey. I am pleased to hear that your son is more relaxed at the dentist now. We provide children group sessions in the holidays about diet and tooth brushing, in a fun and interactive way. If you would like to put your children' names down for one of these just ring the practice, it often helps children feel more relaxed bout the dentist.

AmyM gave Carnegie Dental Clinic Limited a rating of 5 stars

Excellent dentist & nurse for a patient with massive anxiety

I had an appointment for 3 deep fillings today as well as a scale. The dentist knew how worked up I was and the state I was getting myself in. They really helped
Me through it and understood my needs. Amazing dentist and dental nurse, such a lovely team.
The receptionist was also very lovely! Ensuring my 12 year old niece was ok whilst waiting in reception.
Top quality dental team.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 21 December 2017

Carnegie Dental Clinic Limited replied on 01 May 2018

Well first of all can I say "Well done!" Having 3 fillings and a scale completed in just one session is a real achievement for an anxious patient. I'm glad we managed to help reduce your dental anxiety. Thank you for the lovely review.

New Dentist

I recently moved dentists to join the same practice my wife attends and rates very highly. On my first visit and checkup I understood why. Carnegie dental practice genuinely cares for its patients, my checkup was through with useful advice and information I have not received previously. Today I had a follow up visit to undertake treatment, the dentist who saw me was very thorough, careful and meticulous explaining her actions. This dental practice is without doubt the best I have attended, and I would have no hesitations recommending it to anyone who needs dental treatment.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 27 December 2017

Carnegie Dental Clinic Limited replied on 01 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write down your thoughts about your experience at Carnegie Dental Clinic. We do talk a lot in the oral health examination appointments because there is such a lot of information that we want to tell you, that we know will help improve your oral health in the long term. Thanks for listening, it makes our day when we can see that you have made positive changes to your oral health based on our advice :)