Tewkesbury House Dental Practice

1. Review titled Kind staff

by Anonymous - Posted on 04 December 2019

I’ve been a patient at this practice for a few years now and I usually see the lovely dentist. I was nervous to see anybody else during her absence but they’ve been great and with my children also.

Visited November 2019

2. Review titled Constant cancellations

by Anonymous - Posted on 08 November 2019

It is really sad that my dentist is very unwell and has been for some considerable time. My routine check up was cancelled 2 hours before the appointment, I had received two reminders during this week so assumed that another dentist was seeing me. It is very disappointing that my dentist's illness was used as the reason for cancellation when her absence was clearly know long in advance because the surgery is carrying out a collection for her. This is probably the fourth cancellation this year with the same reason offered each time. It is unfair to blame someone's misfortune and illness for poor management.

Visited October 2019

3. Review titled Don't bother to register with this practice

by bill broken tooth - Posted on 04 December 2019

I rang 3 times yesterday and 4 times today - no answer, left 4 messages, no response. Eventually got through on 5th time of trying and told no appointments for at least 10 days. The fact I'm in pain doesn't matter! Ring again tomorrow for an emergency appointment! I asked why can't you ring me? I'll take any appointment that becomes available. Not the way they do it - ring again tomorrow, (if I'm lucky enough to get through) and any appointments left, I'll get one - if not I guess its back to square one! I then repeated I'm in pain and the man on the phone said 'there are a lot of people worse off than me' When I asked him how would he know that, he accused me of talking rudely to him!!! He then rang off. If you record your calls, I invite you to play the conversation back and judge for yourself if I was being rude!! This is terrible service and you can consider me a non patient as of now.

Visited April 2019

Replied on 05 December 2019

We sincerely apologise for your bad experience. Here at Tewkesbury House we like to set a set a high standard for ourselves and are truly sorry to hear that standard was not met in your interaction with the practice. We do offer emergency appointments for patients that are in severe pain, these can be booked on the day and it is always best to call at 8am to ensure you get an appointment as I’m sure you can imagine we are a very busy practice. If you would like to discuss your specific experience with the Practice Manager please do call us on 01684 276937 at your earliest convenience and again we are sorry for the service you received on the day.

4. Review titled Appointments

by Wendy - Posted on 09 April 2019

Very disappointed with the service I have been going to this dentist for a check up and pointed out that I had a problem with one of my teeth as it had a small hole in and was giving me discomfort, they said that to fix it was a big job so just keep it clean and flossing,over the weekend I had very bad toothache and called for an emergency appointment first thing on Monday morning to be told that there was no appointments available, i phoned 10 other N H S dentists but was unable to get in, i was also told that as I was registered with them they had a duty to see me so I ended up having to go to a private one who said that the tooth was so bad that they had to take it out .Not happy with them and will be going elsewhere now.

Visited March 2019

5. Review titled Always a long wait for an appointment, They cancel apps

by Anonymous - Posted on 19 February 2018

Always a fair old wait for an appointment, even with severe Tooth ache. 8 days before the tooth was extracted. Arrived for my appointment, only to be told, its been cancelled. Another 10 days, before the rearranged appointment. I was impressed with this dentist, but I believe they have now taken on too many patients. Very disappointed

Visited February 2018

Replied on 19 February 2018

Hello, We are very sorry to hear that you have been given a long wait time to see your dentist. Excellent patient care is the something that we always strive for. If you are interested in discussing this matter further and seeing if any other appointment options are available please ring the practice on 01684 276 937 to speak to the Practice Manager Laura. Many Thanks, Tewkesbury House

6. Review titled Wonderful experience

by Anonymous - Posted on 19 November 2017

I visited the practice as I had a bad tooth ache. Was given an appointment on the day I telephoned. The dentist was very gentle and kind. I would recommend to anyone. Thank you.

Visited October 2017

Replied on 19 November 2017

Thank you so much for taking out your time to provide us with positive feedback. We work hard to ensure our patients have the most comforting experience possible so we are delighted to receive your feedback. Thank you again.