Tamworth House Dental Practice

01827 64743 21 Church Street , Tamworth, Staffordshire, B79 7BX

Linda gave Tamworth House Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Root canal

Just had my first root canal. I had been worried for several weeks as it approhed but the whole thing went well. The dentist was re assuring all the way through the process and explained everything he was doing throughout even having a joke. I've been with the same dentist for couple of years and have always been very satisfied with the work. Very friendly nurse too. Won't worry in the future about treatment.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 10 May 2018

Tamworth House Dental Practice has not yet replied.

Root canal treatment

After attending my first appointment in tears, i was calmed down and went forward to have root canal on one of my side larger teeth. This was done in staged procedures to suit me and after my final appointment today I'm over the moon with the results!

Professional caring team. Thank you Dr.

Would highly recommend!

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 12 March 2018

Tamworth House Dental Practice replied on 27 March 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your kind feedback about the team that looked after you. It’s always great to hear what we are doing well and that we have met your expectations. We look forward to seeing you at your next appointment. Your kind words have been gratefully received by us all at Tamworth House.

Anonymous gave Tamworth House Dental Practice a rating of 2 stars

great until today

I have been seeing dentist for a few years. They are always so pleasant and makes it worth going to the dentist. A few months ago I broke a tooth and saw another dentist for temporary treatment & saw them again to make it more permanent.

I made an appointment for a check up which I had to change due to shift pattern changing at work.I rand a few weeks ago to rebook check up. I said I was available on Oct 5th as I know dentist only works on a Thursday. I arrived for my appointment today and took a seat.

A person called me through, I thought maybe they were a nurse. They introduced themselves as being my dentist, I said it was a change & was told mt dentist had left.To this I responded they hadn't as I saw them in the waiting area. I was then asked if I would rather see them to which I said yes. I was advised I could wait 30 minutes which I agreed to.

When I went back to reception I asked why when I booked I wasn't booked with my normal dentist or told they weren't available? I was told I was registered with the practice not a specific dentist but they could put a note on my file that I would see my dentist only. It was then added that in an emergency I may have to wait as they may not be available & only works Thursdays.

I said in an emergency if I am in pain I would be prepared to see someone else. I was told that I would only be able to see dentist if it was on my notes. I said I would like to be able to ring and book an appointment and say I would like to see dentist but in an emergency see someone else. I was told to put myself in the dentist's shoes. I would be making them feel they were ok in an emergency but not good enough for general care. All I wanted was continuity of care with the same dentist.

If other dentists are good for everything I don't understand why the dentist I swa after a broken toth only did a temporary fix and told me to see regular dentist for a permanent fix.

I actually ended up in tears and walked out of the building as I do not want to be made to feel like I am upsetting other dentists by sticking to the one I know. I also don't want to be told I may have to wait weeks in an emergency because I won't see a different dentist.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 05 October 2017

Tamworth House Dental Practice replied on 18 October 2017

Thank you for your review on NHS Choices. I am aware of this case as I was present at the time. All of the dentists in the practice are very competent and capable and whilst we understand personal preference and we do try to provide continuity of service, the receptionist was trying to clarify how you wanted to be treated by the practice going forward. At this particular appointment I apologised for the miscommunication. You had specified to the practice the date you wanted to be seen rather than the dentist and the reception team did not realise the importance to you of which dentist you would like to see as this isn’t the case for all. After you made it clear to reception you were not happy they arranged for you to see the dentist of your choice. During the communication that took place that day, we were as a practice trying to gain clarity on going forward what would be acceptable for you and how you wish to be treated. We always try our best to suit all of our patients needs and we did not want you to have a similar experience again. We would like to wish you well for your future dental care.

Happy patient gave Tamworth House Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

NHS and Private

I have had both NHS and Private work at the practice. I opted for private work on my front tooth and I was very impressed. My dentist took so much time doing colour shades and paid such close attention to detail I actually don't think many people realise the tooth is not my own. I then had similar treatment but an NHS version on a tooth further back and to my surprise the level of service matched. I can't believe how much time and effort they spent on my teeth. Thank you for being so kind to me, by far the best practice around.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 09 June 2017

Tamworth House Dental Practice replied on 14 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to come on NHS choices and leave such positive feedback. It's really nice to hear when we are doing well. I will make sure I share your feedback with the whole practice and recognise the staff members that have impressed you. We look forward to seeing you at your next appointment

Neil Martin Bradley gave Tamworth House Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Poor service. Badly explained

Poorly explained and executed delivery of what ghis NHS dentist can offer in terms of care.
No continuity of service.
No thoroughness.
I was on a conveyor belt

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 05 June 2017

Tamworth House Dental Practice replied on 09 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review the practice on NHS Choices. We take all feedback seriously and investigate concerns thoroughly. If you would like to discuss your concerns please contact the practice and ask to speak to the Practice Manager.

Great friendly service

Early appointments available which fits in with busy schedules. Friendly dentist and dental nurse who made me feel like an individual and explained treatment in detail.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 15 April 2017

Tamworth House Dental Practice replied on 17 May 2017

Thank you for your kind feedback. We try our best to provide all of our patients with a high standard of service and it is always nice to hear when we are successful in doing so. We look forward to seeing you at your next appointment.

Professional, friendly, NHS service

I visited the practice in February. I found the reception staff very helpful - I had a problem with my tooth and they managed to fit me in with a dentist the following day. The dentist was really nice too. I have visited other dentists in Tamworth but this is the best.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 02 March 2017

Tamworth House Dental Practice replied on 17 March 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review the practice on NHS choices. We are really pleased to receive your feedback and I will ensure this gets passed onto the whole team. We look forward to seeing you at your next visit.

Great service Great staff

I called the practice as a new patient with hurrendous toothache, the receptionist over the phone was lovely, understanding & very helpful! They got me an appointment the next day & made me feel at ease as im a very nervous! having attended the appointment my anxiety had disappeared, i was greeted by two lovely receptionists on desk, the dentist & their nurse were equally as lovely & explained everything to me in surgery!! I will never think twice in attending an appointment at this dentist. Second to none & would recommend this to anyone looking for a dentist.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 01 March 2017

Tamworth House Dental Practice replied on 17 March 2017

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are so glad to hear you had such a positive experience at the practice. We always try our best to provide a high standard of service to all of our patients and we are really pleased you have taken the time to share your comments with us through NHS choices.

5*'s

I have been a regular patient at the practice for a couple of years now and I always find the service fantastic. There does seem to be a bit of a wait for appointments with my dentist at the moment but I have received a couple of messages in the last week offering me cancellations. You can't ask for more than that, this practice clearly tries its best.

All staff here always seem really helpful and friendly. I would pay twice as much money to see my dentist - I thinks they are brilliant.

Thank you to the whole team here. Definitely the best practice in Tamworth.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 01 March 2017

Tamworth House Dental Practice replied on 03 March 2017

Thank you for your feedback. I apologise there is a wait occasionally for appointments, but the reception team do always try their best to bring patients forward so I'm glad to hear you have taken advantage of this service. We really appreciate that you have taken time to give us some lovely positive feedback. I will ensure your comments are passed onto the whole team.

Anonymous gave Tamworth House Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Not good

Firstly, my actual treatment by the dentist on my last visit was brilliant. However, I phoned the practice explaining that my filling had came out. I thought I would be asked to come to surgery and be checked in as an emergency but, be prepared to wait. No, I was told there were no appointments, this was a Friday lunchtime so, as I was not in pain at that time I asked if I could come in on the Monday, I was then told there were no appointments all that week as it was the school holidays but, I could book an appointment for the following week. This was a joke right! No it wasn't. So I just said I will ring up on Monday to see if there was a cancellation, to then be told I can do but, doubt if there will be one. So I just said bye then hung up.
I have since registered at another dentist as I developed an abscess. This dentist was absolutely brilliant and got me in after a 30 minute wait. They were quite shocked that I wasn't offered an emergency appointment.
So I will be visiting them in future. The staff there are caring, sympathetic and they are open a lot longer hours than your surgery.
I have emailed the Dental Practice Manager to at least get some kind of explanation following their enquiry, after all there are two sides to every story. However, I have not even had a reply to say they are looking into it. I had wished all calls were monitored. for them to see how I was treated.
I must say I was told by some people that some of the staff (not all) there were quite abrupt and rude, this I chose to ignore, but now realise what they meant.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 25 February 2017

Tamworth House Dental Practice replied on 01 March 2017

I am very sorry to hear about your experience at Tamworth House. Please can I assure you I always respond immediately to all feedback, however on this occasion it appears I have not received the communication you sent to me. Please can you contact the practice and request to speak to the Practice Manager or I will be happy to supply you with my correct email address if you would prefer written communication. I look forward to hearing from you soon to address your concerns.