Millhouse Dental Practice

01494 523003 The Mill House, London Road, Loudwater , Bucks, Buckinghamshire, HP10 9TJ

S Sokhi gave Millhouse Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Rude, unhelpful reception team

This dental practice used to be excellent. Great care, friendly staff and a willingness to help. This sadly has now changed. I had bad tooth pain and called to book an emergency appointment. I was told to call at 8.15 the next day. I did so, on the dot and was told all the emergency appointments were taken. The manner in which I was spoken to was hugely rude, with the receptionist telling me bluntly "I just told you the last emergency appointments were taken". I was then told that I would have to be seen as an emergency private appointment (funny that, that there was an appointment free if you go private) and that I would be charged £50. I asked the receptionist why she didn't then tell me the previous day to call at 8am when I would have had a chance at an emergency slot, and she had no answer except for a rude attitude. She didn't listen and simply spoke across me with no acknowledgement of my pertinent point. She gave me misinformation and didn't want to admit it, quite simply. She was unhelpful, dismissive and discourteous. Don't know where they have sourced these receptionists with horrendously sour attitudes, but they might want to rethink their strategy before they lose their cash stream. Will be looking for a new dentist with staff who actually seem to enjoy their work and helping people.

Visited in May 2019. Posted on 31 May 2019

Nicole Hanover gave Millhouse Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Staff were amazing and provided excellent customer service!

I booked in for a checkup, as I haven't been in a very long time, when I arrived through the door, I was greeted by the lovely receptionists who asked me to take a seat. I was seen almost instantly and the dentist was lovely. She didn't miss a thing with my teeth and offered options for a night guard as I grind my teeth. Moulds were taken there and then and I collected them within 2 weeks! Very pleased with my visit to Millhouse!

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 16 April 2019

kirsty Range gave Millhouse Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

First Visit

This was my first visit here to this dentist, as I thought I should probably get checked out as it has been a long time since seeing any dentist.

I would like to say that after all these years it was nice too see a dentist that actually involved me and asked my opinion on my oral health, he asked if I was happy with everything and was there anything that I would like to change i.e whitening my teeth or if I was happy with the straightness of my teeth.
It also came to light that I needed a very small filling on one of my teeth and then was given options, whether I would like an NHS filling at a certain price or if I was to prefer a white filling which was a different price.
the dentist was more than happy for me to go away and think about the options and was advise when I had decided to just call the reception team and they would book me in.
When I called the reception team knew exactly how long I would need and they gave me the price to which I should expect to pay - Overall Great Service

Visited in March 2019. Posted on 13 March 2019

marigold isotemp gave Millhouse Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Great Avalability

This has been my long standing dentist for many years now, its always been a bit tricky to book an appointment for the same week (they must be good at what they do) but when I called on the off chance this week they even offered me an appointment for the same of following day, I asked jokingly if all the patients had left and I was advised as they have such large client base with quite a long waiting list, the Practice Manager had sourced a regional dentist to come and help.
To me this is going above and beyond so that their patients are not waiting for treatment.

Visited in February 2019. Posted on 01 March 2019

New dentist here

I Have been attending this dental practice for a number of years now, I must say the new dentist that hasn't been working there too long is very reassuring and I feel more relaxed when attending my check ups, I have never had an issue with attending the dentist but felt as I should upload some good feedback as I did have a pleasant visit and not enough credit has been giving to this amazing team that work at Millhouse Dental Practice.

Visited in February 2019. Posted on 01 March 2019

Great dentist here.

I’m a nervous person especially around dentist and doctors, they put me at ease here so will remain to carry on my regular dental check-ups here.

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 28 January 2019

The option was mine.

I was asked if i was happy with smile, I was given options to different treatment available and asked what outcome I wanted to achieve, to which I found my visit to the dentist very person centre and to be honest a very pleasant visit all in all.

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 01 January 2019

Millhouse Dental Practice replied on 02 January 2019

Dear Patient,

Thank you for your review, we are pleased that you were left satisfied. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Thanks Again
Millhouse Dental Practice

Rebecca gave Millhouse Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Impossible to contact

I had an appointment booked and called up to hear the answer message confirming the practice already closed for the Christmas break. Then I went online and it confirmed the practice was still open. Tried to contact for 2 days, called, emailed, filled in forms, to receive an email today (hours before my appointment) in broken english explaining that my appointment was cancelled. Do not waste your time trying to book here.

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 18 December 2018

Anonymous gave Millhouse Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Great dentist if you can book an appointment

MillHouse Dental Practice is great once you actually make an appointment, the dentists are lovely and respectful. However you can spend days and even weeks trying to get through on the phone to change or make an appointment. I’m not sure if it’s constantly engaged or no one is bothering to answer the phone but it is very infuriating especially when you need to change/ cancel an appointment last minute.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 06 November 2018

Millhouse Dental Practice replied on 21 January 2019

We are sorry that you have had trouble getting through to the practice.

We do receive a high number of calls and it can be difficult to answer all. This is something that we are looking to address and hope that you will see an improvement over the coming months.

Jane Paine gave Millhouse Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Poor administration

The website clearly states you open at 8AM. I began calling at 8AM to be told at 8:20 (when there was finally an answer, that you open at 8:15. Either answer at 8 or change the time on your website. I was calling with an enquiry re an extraction booked for the following day and needed to speak to a dentist - antibiotics don't seem to have worked and still in pain. Receptionist told me no-one could answer my enquiry until the practise manager arrived at 9. She told me to come in for more antibiotics! With all respect, I would prefer a dentist to tell me if I need more antibiotics, not the receptionist. I am a teacher and stated I could not have my phone on during lesson time. I was promised a call back after 4pm - which I didn't get. It is now 18:10 and your answerphone says you are now closed! I have no idea whether I am having this wisdom tooth out tomorrow or not! Not very impressed.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 15 October 2018