Newmarket Road Dentistry

01223 321855 Newmarket Road Dentistry, 165-167 Newmarket Road , Cambridge, CB5 8HA

Anonymous gave Newmarket Road Dentistry a rating of 2 stars

Unhelpful and unfriendly

I tried this dentistry after the university dentistry went private. Was keen on trying them out, after reading many positive reviews. However I did not have a pleasant experience with them.

I had to wait for my appointment for more than 2 weeks. On the day I had to wait about half an hour, because of delays with appointments, which is really frustrating considering I needed to take some time of from work to be there.

The dentist I had was not friendly. Might be because she was having a bad day, hard to say. when I tried to book an appointment with another dentist for a filling, they said I would have to pay the initial check up fee (£36), because it's a new dentist. Apparently it's not possible for the new dentist to check the notes of the dentist I've seen recently. This seems unreasonable and not helpful.

Sadly, would not recommend.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 09 April 2018

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am very sorry to hear that did not have an excellent experience with us when you came for your appointment. Customer satisfaction and care is our main focus and we appreciate any feedback positive or negative. We always strive to see patients on time but due the nature of dentistry there is always some unpredictability in how long an appointment may take. I would really like to discuss this with you further, I feel there may have been a miss understanding on our part around the £36 you were quoted and would like to see if we can rectify this for you and restore your faith in Newmarket Road Dentistry. Unfortunately I do not have your personal details, if you would like to talk to me about any of the matters you have raised please call me at the practice on 01223 321855.

Sms reminders very useful

Abi is excellent, taking the time to explain everything so I feel relaxed, and the support staff are very professional and welcoming too.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 28 February 2018

Newmarket Road Dentistry has not yet replied.

Best Dentist Ever!

Having visited many dentists over the years, Newmarket Rd has also provided me with routine, emergency and hygienist appts hassle free. I've seen a few different dentists and all were very professional, calming and brilliant in their care and treatment.
The reception staff are great along with the nurses assisting the dentists.

I highly recommend one dentist who has worked magic on my teeth.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 03 November 2017

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you so much for taking the time to wright us an excellent review, we are delighted that you have always had good experiences with us and would recommend us to others. Patient satisfaction is always at the forefront of what we do and we always strive to give each patient the best experience possible. I will pass your feedback on the team.

Hughesie gave Newmarket Road Dentistry a rating of 5 stars

The best dental practice I've used

I've now seen two dentists at this practice, both compassionate, knowledgeable, thorough and helpful in explaining everything I needed to know. I have a long term condition that affects the nerves in my face, so expertise and gentleness are absolutely vital to me. The practice have a first rate hygienist who has done more for my dental health than any other dental health professional. I was sad when my last dentist retired, a lovely person who I actually enjoyed seeing (unlike many other dentists in the past.) But I have to admit that the move to this practice has made a real difference to my health overall, due especially to the hygienist. Because of my condition, my dental health affects all areas of my health, so finding the best dental practice for me make a great difference to my life.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 18 July 2017

Dear Hughesie,

Thank you for the very kind review. The team at Newmarket Road Dentistry are delighted to hear the positive impact that your treatment with us has had on your life, Patient care and wellbeing are extremely important us. We look forward to seeing in the future.

may6 gave Newmarket Road Dentistry a rating of 5 stars

recent visit for a filling .

I was very happy with the treatment I received . everyone is helpful and friendly . the dentist is very Professional and puts you at your ease . I have been coming here for the last 4 years I can highly recommend .

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 25 July 2017

Dear May6,

Thank you for taking the time to wright about your experiences with our dental practice it is very much appreciated by the whole team. We understand that coming to the dentist can be very nerve racking for lots of people and always do our best to make everyone feel as comfortable as possible. We look forward to seeing you at your next visit.

Really positive

Have had several check ups here which were fine. Needed a tooth extraction which was explained clearly and logically so I knew it was the right thing. It was quick and not anywhere near as bad as I had expected! I have only had one dentist and they have been excellent.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 11 July 2017

Dear Patient,
The team at Newmarket Road Dentistry are delighted to hear that you are pleased with the treatment you have received. Patient care is extremely important us and we always strived to make patients feel as at ease as possible. We look forward to seeing you at your next appointment.

Framweta gave Newmarket Road Dentistry a rating of 4 stars

Successful Root Canal Treatment

I have just completed a four-part Root Canal treatment spread over a period of nineteen weeks. I am very satisfied with both the conduct and outcome of the treatment, as well as the reception I received from Newmarket Road dentistry. So far, I have not experienced any pain with the treated tooth. I would recommend this dentistry to anyone. In closing, I would like to thank the dentist and staff for their kind and professional manner in which they treated me.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 15 July 2017

Dear Framweta,
Thank you for the very kind review. The team at Newmarket Road Dentistry are very happy to hear that we could for fill your expectations and that you would happily recommend us to others. Patient care is extremely important us and we always strived to make patients feel welcome and as at ease as possible. We look forward to seeing you at your next visit.

Lizzy gave Newmarket Road Dentistry a rating of 5 stars

A great dentist for a people with a phobia!

I am terrified of dentists so I've been thrilled to find such a great one! After explaining my concerns I've received thoughtful and sensitive treatment from the dentist and the hygienist and they've never once made me feel silly for having such an irrational fear. They've really looked after me and I'd recommend them to anyone with a similar phobia (or without!).

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 15 May 2017

Newmarket Road Dentistry replied on 22 May 2017

Dear Lizzy,
Thank you for your excellent review, we are delighted you had such a great experience with us. We take patient care very seriously within Antwerp Dental Group. It is very common for people to feel nervous when coming to the dentist; it makes the team at Newmarket Road Dentistry very pleased that we could make you feel so at easy, we work very hard to create the most relaxed atmosphere we can.

Jane gave Newmarket Road Dentistry a rating of 5 stars

Straightforward and trustworthy

I only had a check up but I was treated very well during the appointment - the dentist made me feel very comfortable, listened to me and gave me good advice.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 28 March 2017

Newmarket Road Dentistry replied on 05 May 2017

Dear Jane,
Thank you for taking the time to write us a very lovely review and that you felt you were treated well; we are very pleased that we could put you at ease. We work very hard to provide a relaxed and friendly atmosphere to try and help all our patents feel as relaxed as possible. We feel that it is very important that all out patents feel they can trust their dentist. Customer service and patient care is the first priority within Antwerp Dental Group and we are always striving to meet all our patients’ needs. We look forward to seeing you at your next appointment.

Assistant Practice Manager

Simon gave Newmarket Road Dentistry a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service

I've been a patient for about 2 years now after transferring from a practice in Cambridge with very poor service. This place couldn't be better: friendly staff, clear explanations and no fuss.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 28 March 2017

Newmarket Road Dentistry replied on 05 May 2017

Dear Simon, Thank you for taking the time to write us a very positive review. We are glad that you felt you were treated well; we work very hard to provide a relaxed and friendly atmosphere to try and help all our patents feel as at ease as possible. We feel that it is very important that all our patents feel they can trust their dentist and that all explanations are clear and easy to understand, to aid you in making an informed choice regarding your treatment. Customer service and patient care is the first priority within Antwerp Dental Group and we are always striving to meet all our patients’ needs. We look forward to seeing you at your next appointment.

Assistant Practice Manager