Burnham House Dental Practice

01278 782742 Burnham House Dental Practice, 13 Abingdon Street , Burnham-On-Sea, Somerset, TA8 1PH

Anonymous gave Burnham House Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Awful

I went to the dentist in chronic pain and couldnt even sit down in waiting room as was having problems with wisdom tooth, the reception staff were unsympathetic and they only booked in a 20 min appointment for wisdom tooth extraction and said that would be enough time. I felt whilst I wasin there I told the dentist about the chronic pain and was very tearful with the pain and begged them to take out wisdom tooth. The dentist then said theywould refer me to hospital and would take another 6-8 weeks to wait !!! I sobbed in the chair and begged the dentist to give me some form of pain relief and they declined. I sobbed in the chair for a while and wasnt asked if i was ok just said to wait for hospital. I was desperate when I went in there and left feeling no-one could help me. Even though the dentist couldnt help me they just told me to go private to be seen quicker even though the dentist said the hospital would need to take it out. I then had to pay another £130 to go private which I couldnt afford and they found the route of the problem straight away- wisdom tooth just needed as filling and found another tooth needed root canal.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 18 July 2017

Burnham House Dental Practice replied on 25 July 2017

Dear Patient,
Thank you for your feedback.

We are so sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the treatment that you received at our practice.

We would ask that you contact the Practice Manager to discuss your concerns so that we can investigate this for you.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any distress or inconvenience this matter may have caused you.

Burnham House

punder070448 gave Burnham House Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent local practice

I find the reception staff to be very friendly and welcoming and the practice always feels homely. I have always been terrified of the dentist but since I have been going to this practice I have found the dental surgeon to be very understanding of my anxieties and very gentle in carrying out ant treatment I have needed. I would highly recommend this practice to anyone but especially those of a nervous nature.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 15 August 2017

Burnham House Dental Practice replied on 19 September 2017

We appreciate your kind feedback and will pass it on to our staff. We hope to see you back for your next check up!

Love it !

Just great, highly recommend this practice.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 09 June 2017

Burnham House Dental Practice replied on 19 September 2017

Thank you for taking your time to leave such a kind review. We strive to deliver excellent patient care within our practice and really appreciate your positive feedback which I will ensure is fed back to the team.

Family friendly

My children enjoy going to this dentist, I find it to be a very relaxed atmosphere whilst still achieving the clinical expectations I would expect.
Overall I would recommend this practice, its very friendly and welcoming, usually quick to get an app as well.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 13 June 2017

Dear Valued patient
Many thanks for sharing your feedback on NHS choices. We aim for all of our patients to receive the highest quality of care at all times and restoring your smile gives us such pleasure and pride, We are so happy that your results were achieved to your satisfaction and that you felt supported by the team.

Anonymous gave Burnham House Dental Practice a rating of 2 stars

Was completely ignored when in pain.

Came in as a new patient, had a check up and that was fine. Needed some fillings which I booked. When I came to get my fillings done, it was very rough (and at one point the dentist had their elbows in my chest!) I was told after my appointment that my fillings would be sensitive for a few days; I was actually in agony for 10 days! I phoned up on the 4th day and was told it was fine just avoid very hot and cold foods (which I'd already been doing). Well it got to the 10th day and I was in so much agony I couldn't bear it. I got an emergency appointment and was hoping for it to be helped in some way, but instead was told by the dentist that it all looked perfect and nothing was wrong (I've had 10 fillings before this and none have ever given me even close to this pain). I wasn't even taken seriously and told it's fine and basically shown the door. I feel completely put off by this practice and will be going back to my old one which will mean an hour more to drive. Really felt not taken seriously at all.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 04 September 2017

Burnham House Dental Practice replied on 19 September 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We take all comments seriously and I am very sorry that your experience at Burnham House was unsatisfactory. For me to look at your case in more detail could I ask for you to contact myself(practice manager) directly by telephone (01278 782742) to provide more information.

LucyClare80 gave Burnham House Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Simply cannot fault

I have had issues with my teeth for a long long time, and have a slight case of dental phobia which means I usually get uncontrollably shaky and panicky when sat in a dentists chair. This year I decided that I needed to get it sorted so I called Burnham House and booked an appointment to see what I needed to get done. The reception staff were lovely and booked my appointment quickly. I cannot thank them all enough, I have been seeing a wonderful dentist who has been calm and confident in my treatment. This has meant that in the last week I have had 2 extractions and 3 fillings, something I honestly never thought I could do. I am over the moon that I have finally found a dentist who has been understanding of my panicky nature and treated me with kindness and care. I will continue to keep up with my appointments and have recommended the practice to many friends. Thank you all so much!

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 24 January 2017

Burnham House Dental Practice replied on 31 January 2017

Thank you very much for your positive feedback, we always try to offer the highest standards along with a friendly and welcoming environment, it is always nice to hear a scenario such as yours and we will take great pleasure in continuing your care. Thank you.

Dan gave Burnham House Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

very pleased

Really happy with my treatment, staff were really friendly and dentist was brilliant, listened to my needs and sorted it straight away, very professional.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 08 December 2016

Burnham House Dental Practice replied on 19 December 2016

Thank you for you lovely feedback, our aim is to always give the best possible care.

The Da Vinci of dentists

I took a picture of my poorly tooth a week before my appointment. I then took another after I had been seen. I keep showing the pictures to anyone who will listen and nearly everyone says 'Wow'. My tooth looks amazing, the pressure has gone, no pain in the mornings, no blackness on the edge. It is like it was 10 years ago and best of all: they did it on Saturday! The dentist took loads of X-rays, checked every tooth and then did more X-rays. They told me exactly what they were doing and was very professional throughout. They took time to make sure I was comfortable and kept me fully informed all the way through. The nurses were charming, reception welcoming and I felt very calm and valued. I am an Optician, so I understand professionalism. It was a great mix with a personal touch. No one likes to have teeth worked on, but this was excellent. Far better than when I was private when I worked in London. A customer for life....

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 13 July 2016

Burnham House Dental Practice replied on 17 October 2016

Fantastic ! We always aim to give the best we possibly can to all patients and on reading that we have succeeded. Thank you so much for the feedback and we are really pleased that you were so happy with your treatment and the outcome. We look forward to being able to continue this service for you.

very happy

It was my first time at the practice and I was very happy with the friendly and professional service I received from all the staff. My treatment was great, everything was explained really well. I was very pleased to learn that they have a hygienist and they also offer late nights and Saturdays, I would highly recommend this practice.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 04 July 2016

Burnham House Dental Practice replied on 17 October 2016

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are very pleased that you were so happy with the service you received and we look forward to continuing this for you.

new patient

My daughter and I came to see the new dentist at the practice today, who was very patient with my little girl who was a bit nervous going to a different practice for the first time. I would definitely recommend this practice.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 13 July 2016

Burnham House Dental Practice replied on 17 October 2016

Thank you very much for your comments, that is great that your daughter was happy, we always strive to provide a friendly and caring environment and look forward to seeing her again soon.