Burnham House Dental Practice

01278 782742 Burnham House Dental Practice, 13 Abingdon Street , Burnham-On-Sea, Somerset, TA8 1PH

Sammie Parker gave Burnham House Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Amazing dentist

I had an extraction in Bristol and still in immense pain a week after. Went and saw my dentist and she made sure I came and saw her everyday to sort out my dry socket. She was so lovely and restored my confidence in dentists. I couldn't rate her enough. Best dentist I've ever had and safe to say I'm now on the mend after the dentist's efforts to make sure I was as comfortable as possible over the last week.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 02 June 2018

Burnham House Dental Practice replied on 02 July 2018

Thank you for your comments, I'm very pleased to hear that we have been able to help you and look forward to continuing with your care.

Angela Newton gave Burnham House Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Wonderful treatment.

Had not been to a dentist for years. However I wish I had signed up with this practice the moment they opened. Lovely friendly reception staff, so helpful. Kind and friendly dentist, I believe she was as gentle as possible, work was needed on the back of my mouth on the right side which is not easy, yet she managed this without hurting me in any way. My confidence is totally restored and that's down to all who have dealt with me. Can I also mention the wonderful hygienist. My teeth were in a dreadful state after years of neglect but I was treated with kindness and respect. She spent ages on my scrape and polish and did a wonderful job. Will this be my dental practice from now on? Yes absolutely.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 04 June 2018

Burnham House Dental Practice replied on 02 July 2018

Thank you very much for your comments, I’m glad your experience with us was a positive one, we will look forward to continuing to look after you.

Mrs Sebastian gave Burnham House Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Unsatisfied client

Had my first appointment with the practice and with a dentist.

I can honestly say he did not do a good job on scaling and polishing my teeth. Filling was alright though. Waste of money, steer away from this dental practice. Experience was awful, will never ever come back again!

And yes I have already informed them so please let this review published to let other people know how awful it was!

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 23 April 2018

Burnham House Dental Practice replied on 02 July 2018

Thank you for your feedback, your comments will be shared with the practice and used to improve our service.

Jean Sherman gave Burnham House Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Dental treatment after 50yrs Brilliant treatment

Not having been to a dentist for so long it was unnerving but been treatment by this dentist who put my feelings and my nervousness first, I have since been back 3 times and she has been brilliant each time, I have no problem in recommending her to anyone, all at the practice have been helpful and friendly.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 27 April 2018

Burnham House Dental Practice replied on 02 July 2018

Thank you for your comments, I am very pleased that experience with us was a positive one and we will look forward to seeing you again.

Anonymous gave Burnham House Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

No response to email

I have contacted the practice manager via email regarding a review left on this site and I'm still waiting confirmation or a response from the email after 1 month. As far as I'm concerned this does not seem a very good service. I have tried ringing reception twice this morning and no reply.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 10 May 2018

Burnham House Dental Practice replied on 02 July 2018

Sorry that our communication has overlapped, to my knowledge your email was responded to. All feedback is taken seriously good or bad and used to improve our service. Thank you for your comments.

Anonymous gave Burnham House Dental Practice a rating of 2 stars

Re: Three visits, three different dentists

I have now seen three different dentists at this practice. The first visit was for a check up, no problems. The second was four months ago. I had pain from an upper large tooth and was prescribed antibiotics and told I needed root canal treatment after tests/xray etc. I was not explained anything about the treatment and was not offered alternative treatment or even asked if I had any questions. I have since had the treatment with a third dentist as I did not trust going back to the second dentist. Whilst the root canal treatment was being carried out I was told I did not need this treatment. When I questioned this I felt the dentist became slightly annoyed and frustrated while talking to me. Bearing in mind I had the air pipe in my mouth and the water hydrator (don't know exact names) I could not talk to her very easily. The dentist was then trying to set my head more roughly than I felt was necessary and tried to push my head back with more force than necessary. I asked her not to hurt me. Also I noticed someone else had made a comment that a dentist at this practice had put elbows on the clients chest and this happened a few times during this treatment without the dentist actually asking me if this was ok. The dentist did explain about the treatment at the end and why I did not need root canal treatment. I am afraid that I have lost confidence in that dentist practice and will be going back to my previous dentist in Clevedon. This will mean two buses to get there (1 1/2 hours each way) but I know that I will be looked after much better there.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 09 March 2018

Burnham House Dental Practice replied on 19 March 2018

I am very sorry to hear that you did not feel your experience with us was a good one, we always strive to give the best possible care to all of our patients. I would be very happy to look at your individual circumstances if you wish to discuss this further please don’t hesitate to contact the practice. Thank you for taking the time to review us, we can only improve our services by such reviews.

Cal gave Burnham House Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Wonderful dentist

Immediately put at ease. Everything explained in a calming manner. I have been phobic for many years but actually came out smiling. Highly recommend.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 03 June 2018

Burnham House Dental Practice replied on 02 July 2018

Thank you very much for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again.

Phil Underhill gave Burnham House Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Very good dental surgery

I would strongly recommend this surgery to family, friends, or anyone. They especially cater for patients of a nervous disposition, and the staff are very polite and helpful. I attend twice yearly and the treatment I receive is always carried out with the utmost care.
Well done and keep up the excellent work.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 16 November 2017

Burnham House Dental Practice replied on 08 January 2018

Thank you for leaving this review and strongly recommending our Dental Practice.

Anonymous gave Burnham House Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Awful

I went to the dentist in chronic pain and couldnt even sit down in waiting room as was having problems with wisdom tooth, the reception staff were unsympathetic and they only booked in a 20 min appointment for wisdom tooth extraction and said that would be enough time. I felt whilst I wasin there I told the dentist about the chronic pain and was very tearful with the pain and begged them to take out wisdom tooth. The dentist then said theywould refer me to hospital and would take another 6-8 weeks to wait !!! I sobbed in the chair and begged the dentist to give me some form of pain relief and they declined. I sobbed in the chair for a while and wasnt asked if i was ok just said to wait for hospital. I was desperate when I went in there and left feeling no-one could help me. Even though the dentist couldnt help me they just told me to go private to be seen quicker even though the dentist said the hospital would need to take it out. I then had to pay another £130 to go private which I couldnt afford and they found the route of the problem straight away- wisdom tooth just needed as filling and found another tooth needed root canal.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 18 July 2017

Burnham House Dental Practice replied on 25 July 2017

Dear Patient,
Thank you for your feedback.

We are so sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the treatment that you received at our practice.

We would ask that you contact the Practice Manager to discuss your concerns so that we can investigate this for you.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any distress or inconvenience this matter may have caused you.

Burnham House

punder070448 gave Burnham House Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent local practice

I find the reception staff to be very friendly and welcoming and the practice always feels homely. I have always been terrified of the dentist but since I have been going to this practice I have found the dental surgeon to be very understanding of my anxieties and very gentle in carrying out ant treatment I have needed. I would highly recommend this practice to anyone but especially those of a nervous nature.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 15 August 2017

Burnham House Dental Practice replied on 19 September 2017

We appreciate your kind feedback and will pass it on to our staff. We hope to see you back for your next check up!