Chard House Dental Practice

01460 67022 21 Leach Road, Chard Business Park , Chard, Somerset, TA20 1FA

Jon gave Chard House Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

New patient - very impressed with overall experience

My wife and I, now both retired, attented as new NHS patients this morning having previouly been private at another practice. We were a little nervous about making the switch They were running about 20 minutes late, but sometimes that is unavoidable, and we were kept informed and an apology given. The overall experience from the appointment making, through to the service and courtesy we received from the reception staff and dentist today was first class and we would highly recommend this practice based on our experience today.

Visited in May 2019. Posted on 02 May 2019

N/A gave Chard House Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

New patient

Extremely satisfied with the dentist concerned.
Reception staff very friendly, helpful and - most importantly- approachable.
Definitely recommend

Visited in February 2019. Posted on 23 February 2019

Anonymous gave Chard House Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Very poor first impression

I was kept waiting for 25 minutes for my initial appointment. Not a good first impression. Reception staff totally oblivious, no explanations or apologies to me or other waiting patients. Dentist was fine but examination seemed very fast. After being advised I needed a filling, I was quoted £85 for a white filling. When I went to pay this had increased to £160. I was asked to pay half before I had the appointment!
The next morning I queried this charge (more than I had previously been charged at a private clinic) and was told by the receptionist that she didn’t know what this charge represented. My suggestion that I needed a breakdown of this charge met with indifference. I then decided this was not the surgery for me. I spoke to the practise manager, cancelled the appointment and asked for a refund. I suggested new patients should be given a list of charges to clarify costs but this appeared not to be well accepted. To be fair, I received my refund within 2 days but I found the whole episode very unpleasant.

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 14 January 2019

Anonymous gave Chard House Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Annual check-up

First time I had visited this practice since my usual dentist had left. Everything was very well organised, with no waiting and my new dentist was excellent. I would recommend this surgery

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 18 October 2018

Anonymous gave Chard House Dental Practice a rating of 3 stars

Frustrated

Very satisfied with my treatment, staff are always friendly and helpful, but the most annoying thing is trying to get through on the phone, in the end I have a round trip of 7 miles just to speak to someone.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 05 November 2018

kaz gave Chard House Dental Practice a rating of 3 stars

only 2 emenrgency appoints available per day

I have a broken tooth- phoned and visited in person - I was told by a very polite lady I needed to phone the following day. I phoned at 8.30- line engaged. got through at 8,37.
appoints already gone !!
got appointment on 6th September ………………….. really need more appointments available or more dentists

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 03 August 2018

Kathy gave Chard House Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Pregnant women asking for glass of water

i arrive for my appointment 10 minutes early to be told there will be a 30-40 minute wait, this was fine as I totally understand that sometimes there can be await.

I am pregnant, and get very hot quickly, to be sat in a waiting room with no air conditioning for 30 minutes, I started to feel very unwell, so I asked the receptionist if I could have a glass of water, to which she replied I’ll see what I can do. So I said ok, thank you. I’ll sit down.
To then hear this receptionist go into the office and say, some people think it’s a cafe here and the other receptionist laugh.

I never got given a drink of water, and I wasn’t even told to why I couldn’t have one, so I just sat there. I had to go into the bathroom and get my own water by using my hands! This is disgusting, and is very poor practice!

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 07 August 2018

Martin Shirley gave Chard House Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

my review

I have been seen by the same dentist at Chard House for a number of years, and have always found her to be professional and communicative; also, the building is very smart

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 11 June 2018

Chard House Dental Practice replied on 18 June 2018

Dear Martin,

We appreciate your kind feedback and will pass it on to our staff. We hope to see you back for your next check up.

Anonymous gave Chard House Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Nothing to fear

A scarey sounding deep filling on one of my very back teeth, turned out to be a breeze, the injection didn't hurt one bit and all was done and dusted before I knew it. So a big thank you to the dentist. The reason for the delay in getting appointments is down to there not being enough dentists in the practice.This is what happens when you run a country on a wing and a prayer, and is not the fault of frontline NHs staff! In my experience the staff at CHDP are always calm and courteous despite what at times must be a very stressful job.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 21 May 2018

Chard House Dental Practice replied on 05 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to comment about our dentist. I am so pleased you had a great visit to our practice. I will be sharing your comment with the team in our next practice meeting. Thank you.

Bill Bryant gave Chard House Dental Practice a rating of 2 stars

45 minutes late.....

Would have been 45 minutes late if I had not left after 15 minutes late. It was only after I asked if I had the right time that anyone said anything about being so late....and I didn't find the woman's attitude much good either.....and before anyone starts saying "zero tolerance" I did not raise my voice, in fact I said nothing, I just left. 45 minutes late with no communication is not for me.....

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 05 February 2018

Chard House Dental Practice replied on 18 April 2018

I am sorry to hear that your experience at Chard House has not met your expectations.
At Chard House we encourage both positive and negative feedback so we can strive to give you the service you should receive.
It is company policy to inform patients if we are running behind so I am sorry this did not happen.
Please contact the Practice manager on 01460 67022 or chard.manager@rodericksdental.co.uk to discuss further so this can be investigated.