Chard House Dental Practice

01460 67022 21 Leach Road, Chard Business Park , Chard, Somerset, TA20 1FA

kaz gave Chard House Dental Practice a rating of 3 stars

only 2 emenrgency appoints available per day

I have a broken tooth- phoned and visited in person - I was told by a very polite lady I needed to phone the following day. I phoned at 8.30- line engaged. got through at 8,37.
appoints already gone !!
got appointment on 6th September ………………….. really need more appointments available or more dentists

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 03 August 2018

Chard House Dental Practice has not yet replied.

Kathy gave Chard House Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Pregnant women asking for glass of water

i arrive for my appointment 10 minutes early to be told there will be a 30-40 minute wait, this was fine as I totally understand that sometimes there can be await.

I am pregnant, and get very hot quickly, to be sat in a waiting room with no air conditioning for 30 minutes, I started to feel very unwell, so I asked the receptionist if I could have a glass of water, to which she replied I’ll see what I can do. So I said ok, thank you. I’ll sit down.
To then hear this receptionist go into the office and say, some people think it’s a cafe here and the other receptionist laugh.

I never got given a drink of water, and I wasn’t even told to why I couldn’t have one, so I just sat there. I had to go into the bathroom and get my own water by using my hands! This is disgusting, and is very poor practice!

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 07 August 2018

Chard House Dental Practice has not yet replied.

Martin Shirley gave Chard House Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

my review

I have been seen by the same dentist at Chard House for a number of years, and have always found her to be professional and communicative; also, the building is very smart

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 11 June 2018

Chard House Dental Practice replied on 18 June 2018

Dear Martin,

We appreciate your kind feedback and will pass it on to our staff. We hope to see you back for your next check up.

Anonymous gave Chard House Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Nothing to fear

A scarey sounding deep filling on one of my very back teeth, turned out to be a breeze, the injection didn't hurt one bit and all was done and dusted before I knew it. So a big thank you to the dentist. The reason for the delay in getting appointments is down to there not being enough dentists in the practice.This is what happens when you run a country on a wing and a prayer, and is not the fault of frontline NHs staff! In my experience the staff at CHDP are always calm and courteous despite what at times must be a very stressful job.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 21 May 2018

Chard House Dental Practice replied on 05 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to comment about our dentist. I am so pleased you had a great visit to our practice. I will be sharing your comment with the team in our next practice meeting. Thank you.

Bill Bryant gave Chard House Dental Practice a rating of 2 stars

45 minutes late.....

Would have been 45 minutes late if I had not left after 15 minutes late. It was only after I asked if I had the right time that anyone said anything about being so late....and I didn't find the woman's attitude much good either.....and before anyone starts saying "zero tolerance" I did not raise my voice, in fact I said nothing, I just left. 45 minutes late with no communication is not for me.....

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 05 February 2018

Chard House Dental Practice replied on 18 April 2018

I am sorry to hear that your experience at Chard House has not met your expectations.
At Chard House we encourage both positive and negative feedback so we can strive to give you the service you should receive.
It is company policy to inform patients if we are running behind so I am sorry this did not happen.
Please contact the Practice manager on 01460 67022 or chard.manager@rodericksdental.co.uk to discuss further so this can be investigated.

Christopher Bridger gave Chard House Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Service

My first visit to Chard House Dentist today, the reception staff were very helpful and polite and the dentist who treated me was very professional and informative.

I am impressed with my experience so far and look forward to being a long term patent at this practice.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 24 January 2018

Chard House Dental Practice replied on 18 April 2018

Thank you for your kind review. I will ensure your comments are passed to the team.
We look forward to you being a long term patient also.

Anonymous gave Chard House Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Awful dentist

I had a terrible experience at this practice and I would not recommend to anybody. The dentist was very unwelcoming and had no awareness (or just didn’t care) that I was in a lot of pain. Her main concern was that I should pay for additional private treatment despite being an NHS patient. I was told that I needed to have a root canal treatment or to have my tooth removed. I left very upset with how she had treated me and I decided not to go ahead with any treatment as a result. 7 months later I returned to my private dentist at my previous address in Hereford where he told me that I only needed a filling. He charged me less (£157) than I had been quoted by the dentist at this Chard practice (over £200). I wouldn’t recommend this practice to anyone, but if you are already registered here, at least consider getting a second opinion.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 21 February 2018

Chard House Dental Practice replied on 18 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our practice. I can only apologise that we did not meet your expectations as we should have.

Anonymous gave Chard House Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic dentist

Have had a few appointments at this dentist now and can highly recommend it. Reception staff and friendly and warm, the practice itself is clean and bright and the dentist I have been to see has always been fantastic. Friendly and always smiling, listens and is respectful. They seem very knowledgeable and experienced. All the work and examinations I have had done have been great and I havs never been rushed. 10/10!

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 15 June 2017

Chard House Dental Practice replied on 02 November 2017

Thank you for taking your time to leave such a kind review. We strive to deliver excellent patient care within our practice and really appreciate your positive feedback which I will ensure is fed back to the team.

J Longville gave Chard House Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic!

Absolutely brilliant I have quite a denltist phobia due to having seen some not so friendly dentists in the past but i was made to feel completely at ease here.

On arrival the receptionist was extremely friendly and helpfuI and even though i arrived early i hardly had to wait at all.
The denist was fantastic and i was told very clearly exactly what treatment i required and answered all questions that i had.There was no feeling of being rushed and they took time to check my teeth and gums thoroughly.
I would highly recomend, especially to anyone who has lost their faith in dentists!

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 30 March 2017

Chard House Dental Practice replied on 25 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write your review about our dental practice. We are delighted to hear of your experience with us, and we will make sure the team know all about it. We strive to provide fantastic patient care, and appreciate our patients taking time to tell us about their experience. Thank you from all of the team at Chard House.

Alex16 gave Chard House Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Nervous patient

I've never been a fan of dentists, but having read the reviews for this centre I decided to pluck up the courage to visit as I had a problem. I must admit the reception staff vary some are friendly others not, but I think that applies to most places.
The dentist I see is very nice and explains everything before and after, they're very reassuring and makes sure you are comfortable with the procedures. Not had any problems and have been back, which is unusual for me.
will continue to use this practice,and would recommend.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 22 May 2017

Chard House Dental Practice replied on 02 November 2017

Dear Valued patient Many thanks for sharing your feedback. We aim for all of our patients to receive the highest quality of care at all times and restoring your smile gives us such pleasure and pride. We are so happy that your results were achieved to your satisfaction and that you felt supported by the team.