Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre

0333 200 4066 c/o Care UK, 2 Lindrick Way, Barlborough , Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S43 4XE

Based on 144 ratings for this clinic

Based on 144 ratings for this clinic

Pat Dorritt reviewed Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre

Hip replacement

Can't thank barlborough hospital enough for the care and attention I received for hip operation the doctors and staff were excellent cleanliness was impeccable and the food was delicious, the doctor who did my operation came to see me before my operation and explained what was going to happen which put me at ease went down for my operation at 2-30 and was back in the ward at 4 pm and from then on food staff including physio was excellent.
I have nothing but high praise for barlborough hospital and everyone who works there.
Pat Dorritt

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 26 July 2017

Jim Galbraith gave Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Total hip replacement

First appointment was to assess my condition. X-ray followed with meeting the surgeon and yes a total hip replacement was required. Various tests then carried out to check I was fit enough for surgery. All carried out with minimum waiting.
The operation. I had opted for a spinal anaesthetic which I would definitely go for again. Surgery Thursday am, no complications and left the hospital Saturday afternoon.
Now 7 weeks on and walking pain free, no crutches as all equipment returned a week ago. Took up the offer of extra physio therapy at the hospital and again excellent.
The staff, the medical procedures, the whole experience has been excellent, what more can I say.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 02 September 2017

Patricia Dyer gave Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Hip replacement

I have just had a full hip replacement! Couldn't have wished for better treatment ! Staff are amazing! Food is lovely ! Cannot complain about one thing from start to finish ! Treated well by all highly recommend this hospital would not use another now ! Thank you so much to everyone of you X

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 02 August 2017

Anonymous gave Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 1 stars

Lack of attention to detail

My wife has just been told that after 9 weeks of treatment (one X Ray, one CT Scan and two consultant appointments that she cannot have an operation on her knee because she is an epileptic. If this had been noticed on the paperwork she filled in at the beginning, she would not have been subjected to being told it was not possible for the operation. She is still in pain and now has to start all over again. How do you think she feels right now? I think you need to vet your paperwork thoroughly.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 12 October 2017

Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre replied on 13 October 2017

Thank you for leaving your feedback on the NHS Choices website. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience and confusion caused to yourself and your wife. This is not how we like to treat our patients and we would very much like to know what has gone wrong and why. If you could please email me - mandy.miller@careuk.com - then I can assure you a full investigation will be done. This will enable us to look at our systems and put measures in place to avoid a similar situation happening again. I very much hope I hear from you and once again, please accept our apologies.

With kind regards, Mandy J Miller - PA to Steve Booker, Hospital Director and Marco La Malfa, Medical Director.

patricia carson gave Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

excellent result on hip replaement

my treatment was excellent I cannot fault any aspect of this Hospital from the very pleasant Consultant right down to the cleaning person all were so caring and helpful

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 01 August 2017

Barbara reviewed Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre

Lack of information

I'm in the outpatients clinic and so far I'm 50 minutes late going in for my appointment. Why not put waiting times up on the plasma screen? When I asked the receptionist how long the delay was they said "Oh, is there a delay?" Not a good start.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 26 June 2017

Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre replied on 26 June 2017

Dear Barbara,

Thank you for posting your feedback on the Barlborough NHS Choices website. We appreciate all forms of feedback, both positive and negative, as this gives us the opportunity to learn.

I'm sorry to hear you have had quite a wait for your appointment and nobody told you there was a delay. This is not our normal practice and will be looked into. We do tell patients that when they come for their pre-assessment that they can expect to be here around 3-4 hours. This allows for all the tests, x-rays and Consultations to be carried out at the one appointment, where possible of course.

Unfortunately, due to the nature of the business, delays cannot be predicted and when they occur, we do try and catch up. However, our Consultants won't be rushed as this may compromise a thorough examination and diagnosis. I do hope you can appreciate this. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please call me on 01246 575057 or email mandy.miller@careuk.com.

Please accept our apologies for the delay and I hope we are able to treat you very soon.

kathleen varney gave Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

very pleased with everything concerning my hip replacement

I am extremely satisfied with everything from my initial consultation and testing procedures to my hip operation and brief stay in the hospital after my surgery. The hospital staff were courteous, friendly, efficient and professional. I was introduced to the Anaesthetist and Surgeon who were very nice and explained the procedure. I was concerned about feeling and hearing the operation going ahead but I can honestly say that I never felt or heard anything. I had no pain after the initial operation. The Physiotherapists were excellent. The nursing staff were caring, friendly and always on hand. All the meals I had whilst there were very nice, plenty of choice even though I'm vegetarian and they were good sized portions. One of the Physiotherapists came to give me the equipment I would need at home and very kindly carried most it down to my car for which I was grateful. I have no fears of having to have my other hip replaced, whenever that may be, and I will certainly request being sent to Barlborough. Many thanks Derrick Varney operation date 16 June 2017

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 30 June 2017

Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre replied on 03 August 2017

Thank you very much for leaving your kind comments on the Barlborough NHS Choices website. We are very proud of the service we provide and all our teams work together to ensure that our patients are cared for in a clean, professional and friendly environment. Whether it be the Surgeon who is doing the operation or the lady serving the tea, we believe that everyone of us is just as important in making the patient experience as stress free and pain free as possible.

We all hope you make a quick recovery and look forward to seeing you again if you need us.

Anonymous gave Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

cataravt operations.

I came to you for my first cataract operation on the 23rd of march this year and the second on the 12th of june.i was extremely pleased with all aspects of pre op,post op and the operations themselves.the outcome for both eyes was terrific.i will only be needing reading glasses from now on.so that's a big thank you to all the staff at barlborough.i am writing this review on behalf of my wife who was your patient.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 16 July 2017

Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre replied on 25 August 2017

Thank you for leaving feedback following your wife's cataract surgery in our Hospital and please thank your wife for coming back to us for a second procedure, this is always a good sign. It's good to hear that your wife was happy with the treatment she received every step of the way, from her initial assessment to discharge.

With very best wishes, Mandy J Miller - PA to Steve Booker, Hospital Director and Marco La Malfa, Medical Director

Polly gave Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Shoulder arthroscopy

I got my first consultation after a 6 week wait. I wanted to try balborough purely because I was unsatified with my treatment at another hospital. I had my operation on 13th may. I went down for surgery at 1.30pm and was back in the ward an hour later. I was discharged within 3 hours. I have a young family and wanted to get back to them as soon as possible, so this was ideal. The staff are an absolute credit to yourselves. From the nurses to the person that took me to theatre to the surgeon. You cannot fault the care you receive there. I wouldn't want to go anywhere else. 8 weeks after my op I am still receiving physiotherapy which again they couldn't be better. For the first time I feel comfortable having physio and feel as though my shoulder for the first time in 2 years is finally getting better.
All in all I wouldn't go anywhere else for treatment. Balborough has set the bar really high and other hospitals would struggle to reach them.
All the staff are a credit to the NHS.
Thank you.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 09 July 2017

Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre replied on 25 August 2017

Dear Polly,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on the Barlborough NHS Choices website following your shoulder arthroscopy. We are very proud of the service we provide to our patients and constantly strive to maintain and improve our standards. Comments such as yours proves we achieving our goals and makes all our hard work worthwhile.

We all hope you make a quick recovery and you know where we are if you need us again.

Mrs Kay Cutts gave Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Hip Replacement

I found everybody very helpful. Everything was fully explained and when things were going to happen. They also answered every question that I asked. Cleanliness of the hospital was impeccable and the food was delicious. The staff on the wards all seemed happy while they were working. Medication was given bang on time every four hours. The surgeon and the doctors were very reassuring and put me at ease just before the operation. I have never had a spinal injection before but I never felt a thing. I was amazed. The surgeon that did the operation did actually come onto the ward to speak to me which I didn't expect. I recommend Barlbrough NHS Treatment Centre to anyone very highly.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 14 May 2017

Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre replied on 23 May 2017

Dear Kay,

Thank you for leaving your kind feedback on the Barlborough NHS Choices website. We like to give our patients as much information as possible which we hope helps to relieve their anxiety and prompt questions. It's amazing that when we are scared and don't have all the information we need, our mind immediately thinks the worse! Our Consultants are very good at visiting patients post-operatively - they like to see first hand that their patients are recovering well and also give them feedback about their surgery.

We all hope you make a quick and pain free recovery and you know where we are if you need us in the future.