Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre

0333 200 4066 c/o Care UK, 2 Lindrick Way, Barlborough , Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S43 4XE

Based on 144 ratings for this clinic

Based on 144 ratings for this clinic

Chris Beck gave Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Arthroscopy Day Surgery

Spent yesterday in Barlbourogh Hospital for knee arthroscopy. This might sound odd but I had a great day, lovely attentative proffessional staff, the surgeon and surgery team did an amazing job and I am currently up and about with no pain whatsoever which I cannot get my head round. Just a further note of thanks to the other patients on the ward who underwent major surgery compared to myself - what a great bunch, takecare lads!!

Thankyou Barlborough
Chris

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 11 October 2017

Dear Chris,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on the Barlborough NHS Choices website. We are all happy that you enjoyed your 'day out' and you are not in any pain. We are often compared to a Hotel as opposed to a Hospital and a lot of patients do actually enjoy their stay with us, which is so nice to hear.

We all hope you make a quick recovery and continue to be pain free.

With best wishes, Mandy J Miller - PA to Steve Booker, Hospital Director and Marco La Malfa, Medical Director.

maurice eley reviewed Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre

God forbid we shoud lose this hospital

From the porter to the surgeon it was quick caring and profesional .
Every one had the time to listen to me and any request was carried out straight away not later .The nurses on ward cant prase them highly enough .
Ho and the food i put on wieght .

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 14 October 2017

Graham Ashby gave Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Knee Replacement at Barlborough.

Six weeks ago I underwent a right knee replacement.
I chose the Barlborough Centre on the recommendation of a relative, who nhad undergone both knee replacements some time previously.
The treatnent I received and the standard of care was above reproach and I can only say that the whole experience, from the first meeting with specialist, tomy discharge appointment six weeks later was of the highest order.
If you want 5star service then come to the Barlborough Centre.
It is truly outstanding medically ,carewise and the staff are wonderful. Nothing was too much trouble day or night.
And to top it off I found the choice of menu excellent with beautifully prepared and presented food.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 17 October 2017

Jackie young gave Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Total hip replacement

I originally was referred to my local NHS hospital for treatment was told I would have a 6 month wait at least as the waiting list was very long.
I went home and found out about NHS choices and the Barlborough clinic. I went back to my go and insisted I be referred .what a difference I had an appointment within two weeks of them receiving my referral . Everything was sorted at the first appointment , bloods exray blood prelude it took about 3 hours and was tun like a well oiled machine the staff were lovely.A week later I received a date for my op . The time from the Barlborough receiving my referral and the op was 32days amazing service I am now two weeks post op and feeling great even the nurse who removed my staples today remarked how neat it was. If I ever need anymore surgery they will be my first choice.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 13 October 2017

Mandy Wharton gave Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Cataract surgery

I had cataract surgery at Barlborough on Tuesday and cannot praise them highly enough. All the staff from the receptionist to the surgeon couldn't have been nicer. I went in with 3 others at 7.30 am and was ready to go home at 9.30 after a 7 minute operation!! There was minimal discomfort for the rest of that day but the following day my eye was fine and I can see so much better now. Thank you to all concerned.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 30 September 2017

Dear Mandy,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on the Barlborough NHS Choices website. We are very proud of our staff and we all work as a team to make the patient's experience with us as pain free and stress free as possible. It's always nice to hear we have succeeded.

With very best wishes, Mandy J Miller - PA to Steve Booker, Hospital Director and Marco La Malfa, Medical Director.

Chris Hughes gave Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

First class, yet again

Just returned home from my second total knee replacement at Barlborough this year and I just can't praise them highly enough. All of the staff are so caring and excellent. There is a real family feel to this hospital, and obvious pride, as it deserves. The treatment I've received, both times, is second to none. Everything is patient orientated to enable the best possible experience there. Well done Barlborough! You must be an inspiration to other hospitals!

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 07 September 2017

Jenny Guy gave Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

First class

I had a total hip replacement at Barlborough on August 29th.I was terrified at the prospect but was immediately put at ease by the awesome staff.
I cannot fault anything or anyone involved in my care.Food was plentiful and perfect.Thank you so much to everyone for making my stay so comfortable.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 14 September 2017

Dear Jenny,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your lovely feedback on the Barlborough NHS Choices website. We are quite proud of our staff, they have a wonderful knack of making patients feel comfortable and relaxed whilst remaining professional. Being in Hospital can be a daunting experience for anyone so we do what we can to make it as pleasant as possible. I'm glad we were able to do this for you.

We all hope you make a quick and pain free recovery.

Malc Gibbons gave Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

my visit to the eye day clinic

I went to the day eye clinic for a minor operation and would just like to say what a fantastic team they are from entering the department to be offered a cup of tea and looked after all through my operation and after was absolutely fantastic so caring and considerate the surgeon and their team are amazing thank you so much

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 24 August 2017

Carolyn West gave Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Double hip replacements

I have just returned from Barlborough having had my second hip replacement within three months. The care I received from the start of my treatments could not have been better. Communication on all levels from my initial referral to my discharge has been excellent, I was kept fully informed at all stages of the treatment I was going to receive by kind and extremely caring staff at every level, who went out of their way to make sure I understood what procedures I would be going through. I can't thank them enough for making my stay as pleasant as possible. The hospital is immaculately kept, the choice and preparation of food, for my taste, was first class, and I would highly recommend this hospital for anyone needing hip operations. I can't say I was looking forward to my operations, but must say they couldn't have been handled any better.
Carolyn West

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 10 August 2017

Helen Blades gave Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

The best hospital ever

I attended for day surgery this am for a lump removal from start to finish the care I received was excellent. I was admitted at 7.30am told my surgery would be at 12pm and apologized for the wait. But then my surgery was changed to 10.30am and I was finished and discharged by 12pm and reassured any problems or questions just call and they would help in any way they can

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 12 August 2017