Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre

0333 200 4066 c/o Care UK, 2 Lindrick Way, Barlborough , Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S43 4XE

Based on 153 ratings for this clinic

Based on 153 ratings for this clinic

Brian Clamp gave Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Knee replacement surgery

When I asked my GP for a referral for knee replacement surgery Barborough was one of the options. I chose this p,ace as it is close to my home and I was impressed by the reviews.
I was assessed fully at o e visit seeing all who would possibly be involved, and given as much information as possible. The date duly arrived for my admittance. I was greeted by very friendly staff from the moment I entered the complex. My operation was carried out the same day as my admittance. EVERYONE I encountered were friendly,helpful and professional in their approach. Within minutes of rturning to the ward I was offered tea or coffee and something to eat. I had coffee and the sandwich I had ordered prior to surgery. It was sever promptly and attractively. Timing meant I didn't see the physios until the following morning, but I was quickly out of bed using walking aids. I was discharged 2 days later complete with crutches which I had been taught to use, with confidence. The treatment by all the staff, and the wide choice of meals was exemplary at all times. I am amazed at the speed I am recovering. All this down to the support and encouragement given to me during my stay. Ii even have, already the date of my follow up assessment in 6 Wks time.. I cannot speak too highly of the treatment, both medical and personal, that I received. I thoroughly RECOMMEND BARLBOROUGH. very many thanks to ALL the personnel who dealt with me.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 12 November 2018

chris habershon gave Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

What a fantastic place. Amazing staff. more like a hotel.

The whole experience was great from start to finish. Amazing staff who were very friendly and professional. spotless wards and comfy beds. Have told all my friends how wonderful the clinic is.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 20 November 2018

Janice Gregg gave Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Total left hip replacement

I was admitted for a total left hip replacement at 7.30am on Wednesday 21st November. I had never had a major operation before and never had to stay in hospital. I was anxious and very nervous when I was taken to my bed by the nursing staff. My husband was able to stay for about half an hour before he had to leave. I really had no need to worry! From being admitted to my discharge on Friday 23rd November, I can honestly say that my care at the Centre was outstanding! All of the staff from the people who cleaned and served the tea and biscuits, to the nursing staff, receptionists, physiotherapists, radiographers, porters and of course the doctors, anaesthatists and surgeons were so friendly and professional. Nothing was too much trouble if I asked for anything. The pain post operatively was nowhere as bad as I expected, but I was asked if I needed medication at regular intervals and was given the choice of what I wanted to take. I was up and about several hours after my surgery using a frame, assisted by the staff at this time but was allowed to walk with my frame on my own the next day. Once I was shown how to use my crutches the next day, the surgeon visited me and told me I could go home! I am doing really well almost two weeks after my operation. I exercise every day and my mobility is improving. I did have some concern over some bruising on the outside of my leg about a week after surgery. I spoke to a receptionist and a nurse phoned me back within the hour to put my mind at ease. Oh, I forgot to mention that when I got my initial appointment, I went for a "dummy run " to the hospital to see how long it would take me to get there from home. Within five munutes of entering reception, a lovely receptionist offered to take me on a tour of the hospital. It was totally unexpected, but made me feel much better! If you are wondering if I went hungry during my stay, the answer is no!! The food tasted like it was home made and was plentiful. To finalise, If you are considering going to Barlborough for your surgery, don't hesitate! I could not have wished for a better hospital experience under NHS treatment and cannot praise the Centre enough- thank you Barlborough!!!!!

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 03 December 2018

David Butler gave Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Total Hip Replacement Surgery

On the 30th November 2018 I underwent a total hip replacement, left side, at Barlborough Hospital. As you are aware any surgical procedure is stressful to the patient along with a great amount of anxiety. The staff at Barlborough all contributed to relieving these conditions with their friendly, helpful and professional approach. From the opening consultation to being discharged all staff contributed to making my visit as pleasant and stress free as possible under the circumstances. I have to commend the consultant for his Consultant/patient relationship skills in the way he treats patients with respect, answers any concerns they raise and acts with the utmost professionalism at all times.
On the ward the staff were exceptional, I was in F2. The care before and after surgery was second to none with the two main staff caring for patients in the ward I was in. What a team they make with laughs being aplenty, their nursing skills obvious and making my visit as enjoyable as possible, bearing in mind what I was there for. I am sorry for not naming other staff members, as they were all excellent, but I am unable to remember all their names.
What a credit these staff are to your organisation. Please pass on my thanks to them all.
Very kind regards,
David Butler.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 05 December 2018

Malc Doncaster gave Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Excellent treatment at Barlborough

I recently had a knee replacement at barlborough after a recommendation from a family member,it was an excellent choice. From my first visit fhrough the different depts everything was very slick and efficient no waiting for hours, every body has time for you, anything I wanted to know I was told straightaway.the operation went well and as they state no pain. Post op all the staff were great time to talk and have a laugh with you. food and general care is excellent.i would recommend to anybody.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 13 November 2018

Roy Parr gave Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

My experience from start to finish.

My doctor sent my referral letter to Barlborough orthaepedic nhs hospital
Within 2 weeks I had my letter to attend the clinic for assessment
The day was 3hours and every test was done on me during this time including meeting my surgeon who was simply superb.

On completion of assessment I was informed that my operation with my chosen surgeon
Would be about 6weeks this was actually 2 weeks.
In at 7.30 am and at 3pm my replacement hip was complete by a very competent surgeon.

Then looked after by very friendly professional nursing team nothing was too much trouble.
I had one emergency and this was handled very quickly to a good conclusion.

Food was always tasty and hot with good meal choice.

Day 3 I was home and it was all over after having tests and sound physio help prior to leaving.

Do not hesitate to use this facility as it works like clockwork they understand what the customer wants and for sure they have got it right.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 23 October 2018

Dear Roy,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your lovely feedback on the Barlborough NHS Choices website. It's so nice to hear that every aspect of the service we provided you with is more than satisfactory. I will make sure this is shared with the whole team.

We all wish you the very best and continued good health and mobility.

Sharon Bendall gave Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Small back operation.

As a Nurse myself I was alittle worried and disappointed to find a sheet of wrapping paper under my bed when I arrived, obviously from the previous occupant of the bed. I was in that bed from 8am until 6pm and no cleaner came so it remained there.
However apart from that everything else was really good and I think you do have high expectations when you are a Nurse yourself.
All the team of people who looked after me were professional and my care was excellent.
I had only been home afew hours and Physio called to book me in.
I originally thought the wrapping paper would impact on my view but the rest was so brilliant I can't hold it against the place.
The staff are all so friendly and it is a slick operation that they having going on there. I never waited for long to see anyone either in clinic or on the ward.
I'd highly recommend it to anyone.
Thanks for looking after me so well.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 19 October 2018

Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre replied on 29 October 2018

Dear Sharon,

Many thanks for posting your comments on the Barlborough NHS Choices website. We fully appreciate all forms of feedback, either good or bad, as this gives us the opportunity to change and improve. I'm sorry to hear that the room you stayed in was not up to our very high standards. I have checked the cleaning log and your room was deep cleaned at approximately 6.00pm the evening before your admission so I can only assume someone from night duty had been in there. Whilst this is not an excuse, it is certainly not our normal standard. Please be assured this issue has been taken very seriously and will be investigated and dealt with. Please accept our apologies.

I'm happy to hear that your care was up to the high standards we are proud off at Barlborough and your procedure went smoothly and successfully. We all wish you a quick recovery and hope that should you need our services in the future, this negative incident will not put you off.

With kind regards, Mandy J Miller, PA to Steve Booker, Hospital Director and Marco La Malfa, Medical Director.

sheila gave Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

first class treatment all the way

One week ago today I arrived at Barlborough Hospital full of anxiety and apprehension. However, from the moment I arrived in the ward and was shown to the bed that all changed.. The staff couldn't have been more welcoming. I was put at my ease straight away and visited not only by nurses but doctors, the anaesthetist and surgeon. I was fortunate in that I was first on the list. I had never had an epidural before but suffered no pain throughout, nor when it wore off. Throughout the whole procedure I was kept informed and comfortable.

My treatment throughout my stay by all members of staff was excellent, from the surgeon down to the catering staff. The atmosphere was informal but nevertheless very professional and all the staff seemed very happy, which in itself is a great recommendation.

I should also mention that the concern and attention to detail shown by the consultant on my first visit, which resulted in 2 MRIs as an anomaly had been revealed on my x-ray, was very re-assuring to me.

I returned home on the Wednesday and although stiff and bruised the pain had gone and 7 days later am doing well and feeling better than I have for a long time

I would not hesitate to recommend Barlborough to anyone and can only hope that if in future I should require any more orthopaedic treatment I shall be able to have this carried out here.

Many thanks to everyone involved. Very well done. I am most grateful..

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 08 October 2018

Dear Sheila,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your lovely feedback on the Barlborough NHS Choices website. It's very pleasing to know that you had such a positive experience from something that can be very daunting. We take great pride in every aspect of care we give to our patients so it's always nice to hear it pays off. I will ensure your comments are shared with the whole team.

We all wish you the very best and hope you have a quick and pain free recovery.

With kind regards, Mandy J Miller - PA to Steve Booker, Hospital Director and Marco La Malfa, Medical Director.

Saad Sarhan gave Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Great Experience

Dear Team @ Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre

I am writing writing to thank you all for looking after me while getting checked and treated from my knee injury. Everyone has been very friendly and supportive from the reception team, nurses, X-ray team and the Consultants. I would also like to send my special thanks to the consultant I saw. When I met him, I was in severe pain and hardly able to walk for more than 2 months. He told me I possibly do not need surgery and I left feeling much better. He is brilliant and I feel very grateful to him. It's now a few days since I last met him, and I notice a significant improvement. I can now drive and feel more able to walk. I'll follow his prescriptions and I feel optimistic. Thanks to everyone once again.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 11 October 2018

Dear Saad,

Many thanks for leaving your feedback on the Barlborough NHS Choices website. It's very important to us to know that all our teams are working together to provide a positive patient experience.

We hope you continue to improve and you know where we are if you need us in the future.

With kind regards, Mandy J Miller - PA to Hospital Director and Marco La Malfa, Medical Director.

Sue Green gave Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Excellent treatment

Barlborough Hospital was highly recommended to me by a neighbour. After doing research on the internet I knew this was the best possible place for my hip replacement. From the initial assessment at my local hospital I knew I had made the right decision. Such caring and professional staff.
On the day of my operation both the nursing staff, and the consultants informed me at each stage of the procedure. Operation went extremely well and my recovery was very quick whilst in hospital, thanks to the nursing staff and help from the physiotherapist. Since that day I have never felt the need for any pain tablets which was a surprise as before the surgery seemed to be constantly taking them.
I returned home after two nights in hospital and continue to improve daily. Post operatives exercises are given and these help immensely. I continue to improve and look forward to walking pain free for the first time in many years.
Thank you Barlborough and if I need any surgery in the future I know where I will be having it done

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 03 October 2018

Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre replied on 17 October 2018

Dear Sue,

Thank you very much for leaving your kind feedback on the Barlborough NHS Choices website. Our only aim is to provide high quality care in a clean, safe and friendly environment, whilst ensuring patients are treated with dignity and professionalism. It's nice to hear that you are recovering so quickly and relatively pain free. Keep up with the exercises and you will be back to your normal everyday activities before you know it.

We wish you all the very best!

Kind regards, Mandy J Miller - PA to Steve Booker, Hospital Director and Marco La Malfa, Medical Director