Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre

0333 200 4066 c/o Care UK, 2 Lindrick Way, Barlborough , Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S43 4XE

Based on 163 ratings for this clinic

Based on 163 ratings for this clinic

Excellent

I am not a patient but accompanied my daughter today for her appointment. It was our first visit and on entering the reception area we both commented how welcoming it was. The staff on reception were excellent and with friendly smiles that made you feel at ease. My daughter went on to see further nurses as part of her appointment and all of them were extremely helpful taking the time to explain fully all aspects of her pending surgery which we were very grateful for. A special mention goes to her consultant whose manner and understanding was second to none. We would like to pass on our gratitude for a very satisfactory outcome to the appointment today. Thank you to all involved.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 18 July 2018

Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre replied on 06 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on the Barlborough NHS Choices website. We hope your daughter goes on to have a successful and relatively pain free surgery with us and the care she has received so far is continued throughout, right up until she is discharged.

With kind regards, Mandy J Miller - PA to Steve Booker, Hospital Director and Marco La Malfa, Medical Director

Knee replacement surgery

Very pleasant, air of confidence in staff made me feel safe - overall care excellent - I will no worry recommending and having my other knee replaced.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 19 July 2018

Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre replied on 26 July 2018

Thank you for leaving your kind feedback on the Barlborough NHS Choices website. We all wish you a quick and pain free recovery.

With best wishes, Mandy J Miller - PA to Steve Booker, Hospital Director and Marco La Malfa, Medical Director

Anonymous gave Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 1 stars

hip replacement

my mother is 91 and has Alzheimer's she was admitted on the 9th July had her operation same day and discharged 2 days later on the wednesdsay. when she came for her assessment she was told she would be in for 1 week because of her age and condition and then sent for rehabilitation. when we arrived to visit she was out of bed and trying to go to the toilet she had forgotten what she had come in for. she has regular medication which was not provided as she had run out of what she brought with her. we were told they do not dispense nor would it seem give pain relief as when we asked about her pain control we were told that she should go and buy some paracetemol and ibuprofen. she was transferred to STAVELEY centre who were wonderful but had to move her to Clay Cross hospital as they could not meet her needs due to Barlborough lying to them as they had said she didn't need watching at night which required them bringing staff in for one to one and has also told them she could use a zimmer frame to mobilise with which she couldn't do. Barlborough had also said the family were transporting her between the hospital and Staveley which we had not been asked to do and wouldn't have due to the high possibility of dislocation so soon after her operation and that we should have collected her medication which we hadn't been asked to do.
The whole experience has been traumatic for us but has put my mother at risk and also caused her undue distress BECAUSE the bottom line was she was costing them to much to keep here there. I thought when they agreed to do her operation she was so lucky as other people had said how good they were. yes if you are young and fit enough for a quick recovery and have someone at home with you 24hrs day. not if you are frail and elderly. never again will anyone tell me how marvellous Barlborough are I have been in and out of the Royal hospital for several operations and never experienced what my mother went through.
Christine

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 19 July 2018

Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre replied on 20 July 2018

Dear Christine

We fully appreciate your feedback following your Mum's experience at our Hospital. This is not how we treat our patients and we would like to extend our profuse apologies for the apparent failure to provide adequate care. Would you please email me your Mum's name and date of birth so that our Head of Nursing can look into your concerns as a matter of priority. My email address is mandy.miller@careuk.com. I look forward to hearing from you and once again, please accept our apologies.

D Marshall gave Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding treatment and care

I asked my GP to refer me to Barlborough Treatment Centre after reading excellent reviews. From my initial consultation at the end of May to my Arthroscopy seven weeks later, the care and treatment I received from every member of staff was excellent.
I was visited on the ward by my consultant and anaesthetist before and after my operation which was most reassuring. The facilities on the ward are excellent and the meals are restaurant quality all served with a smile. Cannot thank the staff enough for all their hard work and kindness.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 26 July 2018

Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre replied on 06 August 2018

Thank you for leaving your feedback on the Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre website. Whether our patients are with us just for the day or a few nights, each and everyone of them receives the same high standard of care from our dedicated team of clinicians and support staff. We all hope you make a quick and pain free recovery.

Jenny gave Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Knee replacement

I recently had a complete knee replacement, and I cannot speak high enough of the care I received. I was treated with respect from all staff and they made me feel that I was deserving top quality care.
All grades of staff were totally committed to delivering first class treatment and one felt that nothing was too much trouble to them, having to return to the hospital for treatment I felt that again that same care and treatment was available from reassurance by telephone or by contact.
Long may Barlborough care centre continue it is a shiny example to the N.H.S contracts and a pity our local hospitals cannot learn by their example.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 14 August 2018

Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre has not yet replied.

Pam Pike gave Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Total hip replacement

From my initial consultation (7 weeks) to my operation I could not fault my experience with Barlborough. I arrived on 16 June At 6.30am and greeted by reception who put me at ease straight away. My operation was around 8am which went well and by evening I was eating a delicious dinner. Next day I was encouraged to start moving with the aid of a walking frame and by Monday introduced to crutches and later allowed to return home. My 6 week period was up last Friday 27 July and I have been given the all clear and am basically back to normal. Thank you everyone involved in my recovery from a very painful hip.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 29 July 2018

Dear Pam,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your lovely feedback on the Barlborough NHS Choices website. We are happy to hear you had a smooth recovery and now getting back to your normal everyday activities.

Christine smith gave Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Foot surgery

My whole experience exceptional from visiting my doctor and my referral to barlborough treatment centre , the reception staff that meet and greet you, so organised with the process of your treatment meeting the orthopaedic specialist such a gentleman and so professional in his job. The nursing staff where fantastic The whole process was a breeze the surgery went well the after care exceptional. So a massive thank you to the specialist and the team that supports him.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 20 July 2018

Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre replied on 26 July 2018

Dear Christine,

Thank you for leaving your feedback on the Barlborough NHS Choices website following your foot surgery. We are always pleased to hear from a satisfied patient and your thanks will be passed onto the teams involved in your care. We all hope you make a quick and pain free recovery.

David Ash gave Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

From Trepidation to Relief

I was going to write an in depth review with details of every stage of my hip replacement surgery but half way through writing the review I decided against it. My reason for this decision was simple, anyone wanting to know anything about Balborough NHS Centre only needs to read the next few words.
Reception Staff, welcoming friendly professional and helpful.
Surgeons, informative , relaxed, professional and caring.
Anaethetist and Theatre Staff, professional, reassuring, caring.
Porters, polite, helpful, funny.
Cleaning Staff, flexible, friendly, thorough and considerate.
Nursing and Caring Team, good, very good, extremely good and a bit more.
Physio Staff, professional, helpful and supportive.
Catering team, really good and helpful. The best hospital food you will ever have.
Maintenance staff, thoughtful, polite and a bit of wit.
As you can see from the above , I highly recommend Balborough Centre and all associated with it.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 14 June 2018

Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre has not yet replied.

Small is beautiful!

Home this afternoon from a fantastic experience in the Barlborough Orthopaedic Hospital. Don't think I could have experienced any better care anywhere.
The muscles around my knee and in my thigh are very swollen but the pain has been brilliantly managed by the nursing staff. There is no longer any actual pain in my knee itself. Up and at 'em in just 48 hours but actually out of bed just a few hours after
surgery.
There was just one thing I felt I needed to do after three days and that was to wash my hair. I asked if this was possible and the nurse, who was very busy, gave a very positive response. I told her I understood other things were more important for her to do and her response was that this task was very important to me and therefore equally as important as anything else. Wow, real patient care in the 21st century.
And that's the main thing about Barlborough Orthopaedic Hospital, after the professional skills and talents of EVERY member of staff, the individual patient really is important and made to feel as such.
I can't thank everyone enough for such a positive experience and I would recommend the hospital to everyone needing any of the services they provide...though I'd rather keep it a secret so it always stays small and doesn't lose the personal touch.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 14 June 2018

Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre replied on 09 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your very positive feedback on the Barlborough NHS Choices website.

You have summed up exactly the care we strive to provide so it seems we are getting it right. We treat all our patients as individuals and the smallest thing can make the biggest difference to what can be a very stressful and traumatic experience.

You don't need to worry about us getting any bigger, we have had one extension and used up all the available space. The only change we plan on making to our Hospital is to constantly learn and keep trying to improve the service we provide.

We all hope you make a quick and pain free recovery and once again, thank you for your kind words.

John gave Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 1 stars

Staff talk about dignity for people not true here

My partner was at this hospital having had a operation. We was at no point told at the start the Strick rules are there. You have all the talk about dignity of the patient but in truth you have limited regards for the mental welfare of any patient when Partners and loved ones can't visit or be with the patient when they are at their lowest.
I had been told to leave witch is fair enough.. but the way your staff talk about dignity of the patient. My partner was at the time washing and the person who just walked in the curtains to the bed leaving the curtains open for people to see my partner half-dressed upon me leaving she didn't bother to close the curtain and left my partner who can't walk very well half naked with the curtains open is this showing dignity to the patients or any thought to have the patients are feeling at the time this member of staff was abrupt rude and self opinionated

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 26 June 2018

Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre replied on 26 June 2018

Dear John,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on the Barlborough NHS Choices website. I'm sorry to hear that you felt the care of your partner was unsatisfactory. This is not how we treat our patients and comments of a negative nature are taken very seriously. However, without your partner's details I cannot look into this further and investigate what went wrong. If you could ask your partner to email me with their details at mandy.miller@careuk.com or call me on 01246 575057, I will have this looked into as a matter of urgency. I will also forward details on how to make a formal complaint, should your partner wish to go down this route.

With kind regards,