St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre

Based on 91 ratings for this clinic

Based on 91 ratings for this clinic

Anonymous gave St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Endoscopy Team are AMAZING

I recently had a Gastroscopy procedure done at St. Mary's Hospital, as I suffer with rather serious anxiety issues I was of course terrified of the procedure. However the team at St. Mary's were absolutely amazing at helping me deal with my fears, from the moment I stepped into reception up until the moment I left I met with various members of staff who were all very patient and very kind towards me. Each member of the medical team in which I met with made the time to check in on me while I waited for the procedure, had a friendly chat with me about my concerns and explained it all to me which made the build up of the procedure seem less and less daunting.

As someone who is lucky enough to not have to endure medical procedures very often, I wasn't sure what to expect when I got into the theatre but the staff that were with me during the procedure were phenomenal. They talked me through everything and when I voiced my concerns on how I would react during the procedure due to my anxiety, the team made it even easier on me by chatting with me about my interests in an attempt to keep me relaxed. During the procedure my fears got the better of me though and I began to panic and get upset however the endoscopy team were brilliant in reassuring/encouraging me throughout and well after the procedure had finished.

I'm not in a rush to receive another Gastroscopy, however if I ever need another one, I hope it's with the same team at St. Mary's!

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 04 July 2018

St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre replied on 09 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent experience with us.

At St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre we aim to provide efficient high quality patient focused care and recognise the importance of ensuring a seamless and smooth process from start to finish so it was lovely to hear that we have succeeded in that aim. I will ensure your kind comments are passed on to the team in the Day Surgery Unit.

Many thanks again.

Anonymous gave St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care

I visited the eye clinic today and was so pleased with the care I received from the receptionist, nurse and consultant. It was a pleasant environment and I didn't feel that my appointment was rushed. The consultant took his time to reassure me and gave me advice on how to manage my eye condition
I

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 05 July 2018

St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre replied on 09 July 2018

Thank you for your very kind feedback following your treatment at the eye clinic.

I will ensure all the staff at St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre, especially the Day Surgery Unit, are made aware, they will be delighted.

PA to Hospital Director

HS gave St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care, but general data protection issue

On arrival at the main reception desk I was behind a mature lady and her elderly mother. The receptionist, as with many receptionists and people who deal with the public, then proceeded to read out the elderly lady's details for her to confirm. These included her full name, date of birth and address, as well as which surgery she was with. I always find this strange and wrong from a data protection point of view, especially as the receptionist desk, like many other establishments, is also situated next to an open waiting area. In the past I have had an appointment letter with all these details already written on it and this is quickly checked in a confidential manner.

Apart from that, my visit to the Treatment Centre was more than satisfactory and the lady technician who carried out my treatment, did so in a very thorough and friendly way, giving me ample opportunity to ask any questions I may have had.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 16 July 2018

St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre replied on 17 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent treatment at St Mary’s NHS Treatment Centre.

At St Mary’s NHS Treatment Centre, we strive to provide a high quality and patient focused service and by being informed where elements of that service has not achieved the desired outcome, we can review our current practices and implement improvements.

We would like to offer you the opportunity of discussing your concerns in more detail. If you would like to take up this offer, please could you contact the Patient Services Manager, Louise Quirk at louise.quirk@careuk.com at your earliest convenience

PA to Hospital Director

Gary gave St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Attended for Gastroscopy today

Excellent and efficient service, in and out within an hour with polite personable and organised staff and clinicians. Thank you!

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 19 July 2018

St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre replied on 19 July 2018

At St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre we aim to provide efficient high quality patient focused care and recognise the importance of ensuring a seamless and smooth process from start to finish so it was lovely to hear that we have succeeded in that aim. I will ensure your kind comments are passed on to the team in the Endoscopy Department.

Gretchen Cartman gave St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 1 stars

Waste of time and energy

Told to attend this clinic by the 111 service.
Waited 2 hours to be sent away with no treatment, despite being in pain. Was told to go to another type of clinic (which had no appointments for 5 days - which is why we were there!) and also that the GP would tell us the same. Very unhelpful and dismissive. So we drove 15 miles and paid £2.50 parking and wasted a whole evening for absolutely nothing. Totally furious!
Would never use this clinic again unless I was dying and there was no other choice.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 20 July 2018

St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre replied on 20 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit to the St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre.

At St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre, we strive to provide a high quality and patient focused service and by being informed where elements of that service has not reached expectation, we can review our current practices and implement improvements.

We would like to offer you the opportunity of discussing your concerns in more detail to see if we can resolve them. If you would like to take up this offer, please could you contact the Minor Injuries Unit Lead Nurse, Mark Friend on the following email: mark.friend@careuk.com at your earliest convenience.

Laura wilkes gave St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 4 stars

Seen quickly but wasn’t happy

I visited the clinic today and was seen for my baby very quickly
Which was brilliant
The only thing I have to complain about is that my daughter is poorly and all I got was a lecture about child obesity and my baby is big but she is breastfed and has always followed the 99th percentile line and I didn’t visit there about weight problems as this is not an issue for her
The issue was her ears and throat
And now I have left and feel really like a rubbish mum when in fact I have done everything right by nhs guideline exclusively breastfed and weaned and six months she is nine months and still only breastfed too and she doesn’t over eat at all.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 16 June 2018

St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre replied on 18 June 2018

Dena Clarke gave St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Got to love our NHS

Over the past few years I have had a lot of dealings with NHS both in hospitals, at home (palliative care for Mother) and day appointments at the St. Mary's Treatment centre for Dad, Mother in law and myself. Throughout this time the staff have been so dedicated and caring, only yesterday I attended the Treatment Centre for an ultrasound, the sonogropher was so lovely, she really went the extra mile to make me feel relaxed, I am only sorry I did not take a note of her name. Reception staff were very helpful and the simplest of things like a smile make all the difference. I was not kept waiting and the whole experience was easy and stress free. I have no idea why the NHS often get bad press, I think we are so lucky to have it. My only criticism would be that the parking charges are high at both St. Mary's and QA. Thank you.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 02 May 2018

St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre replied on 02 May 2018

At St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre we aim to provide efficient high quality patient focused care and recognise the importance of ensuring a seamless and smooth process from start to finish so it was lovely to hear that we have succeeded in that aim. I will ensure your kind comments are passed on to the team in the Radiology Department.

Maria G gave St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 2 stars

Rude triage nurse

I visited the walk in clinic with my 6 year old son following a very rough night with fevers, coughs, sickness and shortness of breath.
When we were eventually called through to the triage nurse, the room was no bigger than 2x2m with the nurse sat behind a very tall desk. No where for my son to sit who by this time was very lethargic. She asked me what the problem was and I responded that I think he has tonsilitis. I was met with a very rude and abrupt response of 'I asked you what the problem was'. I listed all his symptoms including the white lumps I could see at the back of his throat and she leaned over the counter, looked in his ears and had the briefest look down his throat and announced its viral! She did not take his temperature or listen to his chest, not that she could have got to him from where she was sat
I am not at all impressed by the way I was spoken to and the way in which my son was "treated" by this woman. Had I not been so taken aback with her attitude towards us I would have asked to see someone more experienced.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 06 May 2018

St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre replied on 10 May 2018

Dear Patient,

We would like to offer you the opportunity of discussing your concerns in more detail to see if we can resolve them. If you would like to take up this offer, please could you contact the Minor Injuries Unit Lead Nurse, Mark Friend on email mark.friend@careuk.com at your earliest convenience.

Holly B gave St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 1 stars

Awful assessment and attitude of nurse

I went to st marys as has throat infection the nurse at the initial assessment was so rude decided it was viral and told me to go away. I am also pregnant, not able to sleep and could barely drink it has got so bad but when I told her this in tears she said it didn’t matter and I should go nothing she could do or give me.
Later that day it got so bad I went to QA hospital after being referred by my friend who is a doctor. I’ve now had 2 nights stay so far and 6 rounds of IV antibiotics as well as having to have an absess drained. The woman was so rude and made me feel like I was being a hypocondriac and kicked me out while I was in floods of tears - it’s outrageous particularly to know it was that bad and I spent so long in agony because she couldn’t be bothered to assess me properly.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 08 May 2018

St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre replied on 10 May 2018

Dear Patient,

Anthony Peach gave St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

St Mary's experience

My cat decided to savage my arm on Saturday night, and the result was some deep scratches and bites. Didn't take too much notice of the damage, thought it would be OK. Not at all. The following day red and sore. On the Monday even worse, so I went to St Mary's walk in.

The triage nurse was very attentive and said I needed treatment. Saw next a lovely nurse who asked lots of questions and took her time examining the damage. She called in a doctor who said antibiotics were needed. Prescription issued and advice as to where there was a pharmacy open.

Yes, the wait was long, about 90 minutes but the service was superb. To all those moaners who have given poor reviews - you are lucky to have such a facility.

Anthony

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 17 May 2018

St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre replied on 21 May 2018

At St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre we aim to provide efficient high quality patient focused care and recognise the importance of ensuring a seamless and smooth process from start to finish so it was lovely to hear that we have succeeded in that aim. I will ensure your kind comments are passed on to the team in the Minor Injuries Unit.