St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre

0333 200 1822 Milton Road , Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO3 6DW

Based on 79 ratings for this clinic

Based on 79 ratings for this clinic

Well done NHS Dermatology St Mary's Portsmouth

I attended the Dermatology Department and can not praise them enough, from my GP's referral to this hospital contacting me to book an appointment to attending was faultless. Every member of staff from reception to consultant were amazing. Well done to you all and keep working they way you are as you provide an exceptional service.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 09 September 2017

Joe blogs gave St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 4 stars

Mixed communication

Today my Mum was at her GP, when she laid on the bed for examination the bed snapped in half my Mum rolled back and hit her head, cut her foot bit her toung and landed on her neck and back. The Doctors didn't check her over it had been reported as a fault already.
I took my Mum to the Minor Injory Unit to be assessed by professionals. We informed them that she had a next and head injory and had been sick twice but we still had to wait two hours before we was seen. When someone came out to look at her they made the decision to lay her down and call an Ambulance to pack her on a spinal board to be transported to QA Hospital for tests. Overall it was a great outcome despite the waiting times. The HCA could have called for assistance instead of making her wait hours in pain.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 05 September 2017

Mike Barton gave St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Bunion Surgery

From the point I was referred to the doctor, I was very impressed with the process at the treatment centre. The staff did all they could to accommodate me. The only initial glitch was that they had not been sent my x-ray from the Queen Alexandra Hospital so the initial consultation was put back a few days. Once the doctor had the image, they could not do enough. The doctor arranged for my surgery promptly with the scheduling department.

My pre-op was very thorough and the nurses extremely friendly and helpful. On the day of surgery I was welcomed and seen to promptly. Everything was explained in great detail from what was going to happen surgically to speaking with the anesthetist.

Following my procedure, the discharge was fully explained and the follow up appointments were sorted in good time. I had an x-ray on my final visit with the doctor to ensure the operation had been successful. This was done very quickly and they were able to see the images straight away to confirm all was in order. All in all, having the procedure at the treatment centre was a great experience and would recommend the centre to anyone requiring treatment.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 08 October 2017

St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre replied on 10 October 2017

Dear Patient,

Thank you for your very kind feedback. I will ensure all the staff at St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre are made aware, they will be delighted.

Sharon Spencer
PA to the Hospital Director
St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre

Anonymous gave St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 2 stars

Long waiting times

Exceptionally long waiting times despite having seen at least 3 nurses wandering around aimlessly drinking a can of coke. No one was called in for over half hour whilst this was happening. Hate coming to the walk in but sometimes it's necessary but also doesnt mean they can get away with slacking off and making customers in pain wait 3 hrs to be seen by a nurse.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 06 August 2017

VickiP gave St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 1 stars

Rash

On saturday we visited the treatment centre as my dauggter had a eash on her face and behind her ears, we were told the wait would be within an hour, it was nearer 90 minutes but I can live with that. When my daughter was seen for her rash we were told it was a virus and to give liquid piriton despite it not being itchy.
I took her to the GP on the following Monday as the 5ash was spreading where the nurse practitioner immediately diagnosed scarlet fever. She was given a 10 day course of anti biotics.

I would really struggle to recommend the centre after this.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 14 August 2017

Anonymous reviewed St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre

Pre-Op visit Aug 17

Ok so had to attend for the above on a Wed afternoon, I live in Portsmouth and was familiar with the car-parking arrangements at the site.
Accordingly I decided to leave work earlier, go home, drop my car off , collect my motorcycle and ride to the Hospital even though I was not entirely sure that motorcycle parking was actually free (as it normally is elsewhere.
When I got to the car park I wobbled across to the very restricted availability motorcycle bays (shared by cyclists !!??) and found a place available.
So far so good. I had a look around on the pay-to-park machines for any confirmation on parking fees for bikes, none was evident. So unsure as to what the situation was I asked at the relevant reception desk in the dept I was attending, the answer was not reassuring.
Almost immediately it was announced that appointments were delayed by an hour (which became 1.75 hrs actually, but hey-ho.
Accordingly I decided to determine what the parking situation was for my bike now it seemed that the problem would be a whole lot worse if I failed to pay.
It took a few laps of the car park eventually ending up at the money machine before I found a desultory notice confirming that motorcycles were indeed free.
For the benefit of motorcyclists and in the interests of encouraging this form of transport can:
1. More Motorcycle parking bays be provided (I saw 3 maybe 4)
2. Make it absolutely clear on the parking tariff signage that motorcycles are parked free (if in motorcycle specific bays of course) leaving riders in no doubt when they enter the park.
Apart from that and the 1.75 hours delays, the visit was free of stress.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 17 August 2017

Christopher Garrod reviewed St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre

St Marys parking and traffic signs

Visited St Marys minor injury unit on 4 August. When I arrived by car I parked as close to the Minor Injuries unit as possible in the lined off bays. I did not see any signs asking me to pay for parking. Unlike QA were you have to go through a barrier, and when leaving there are many signs telling how to pay. So eventually I received a Parking Charge Notice. I feel that I have been conned here as I am quite happy to pay a parking charge, but as said previously there were no clear signs asking for a payment.

Driving to the Minor Injuries unit I picked up very clear Red signs about 2 miles away. In the final distance probably about half a mile I could not see any Red signs, though there were Blue signs to St Marys campus. However I ignored these as I hoped to find a Red sign, but no luck there. So I had to waste a further 5 minutes turning around and deciding to follow the Blue signs. Can we have Red signs all the way to the Minor Injuries unit, please?

And yes the medical treatment was 5 star.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 17 August 2017

Chris Burgess gave St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Top Quality Treatment

I attended St Mary's Treatment Centre Day Surgery Unit today for a general surgery procedure. From the moment I arrived at reception through to the nurses, operating theatre staff, anaesthetist and, of course, the surgeon everyone was totally professional, caring, kind and efficient. I confess to being a little nervous on arrival but this was soon dispelled.

Thank you to an excellent team for making my short stay such a good experience.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 06 July 2017

Treatment of a sprain

Waiting time of just under two hours. Very kind and knowledgeable nurse checked me over. X-ray almost immediately and sent away with all I needed. Thank you for your help. Only issue is the wait really. People seem so used to instant treatment they don't assess whether they really need treatment that day, putting strain on the service, especially on a Saturday. But the wonderful NHS staff cope. Hope they all get their much deserved pay rises soon x

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 17 June 2017

Ophthalmology - assessment of eyes - esp. lens and retina

Plenty of reasonably-priced parking available.
Arrived early for appointment. Helpful staff.
Was taken for pre-testing earlier than appointment time by pleasant, helpful and informative staff.
Very short wait for consultant who made thorough examination, conducted a further test and gave me immediate informative assessment.
We agreed no treatment advisable at this time but a further assesment should be made in 6 months.
I had confidence in the treatment and assessment process and informative discussion with consultant.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 22 June 2017