St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre

Based on 75 ratings for this clinic

Based on 75 ratings for this clinic

Anonymous gave St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 1 stars

Lack of respect

Visited today due to an ongoing issue. I took the right steps with my care however felt that I needed some advice and medical intervention at that time.

Saw the practitioner nurse for a brief initial assessment, which incidentally is in a peculiar place, standing in a room with a computer. They did not introduce themselves so therefore I didn't even know the nurse's name.

I was informed that because my GP knew about my scenario they weren't to get involved. I emphasised that I needed advice and second opinion. They told me in a blasé manner, without even undressing or observing the issue in question, that as I had been confirmed as infected I should just keep changing the dressing as I had been. Therefore no advice gained, just spoken to rudely.

As a healthcare professional, I know myself or my colleagues would not speak to a member of the public the way I have been spoken to today. Additionally I would not inform someone, in other words, that I'd be of no help without even assessing the clinical scenario.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 13 November 2018

St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre replied on 14 November 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent treatment at St Mary’s NHS Treatment Centre.

At St Mary’s NHS Treatment Centre, we strive to provide a high quality and patient focused service and by being informed where elements of that service has not achieved the desired outcome, we can review our current practices and implement improvements.

We would like to offer you the opportunity of discussing your concerns in more detail to see if we can resolve them. If you would like to take up this offer, please could you contact the Mark Friend, the Lead Nurse in the UTC at mark.friend@careuk.com at your earliest convenience.

PA To Hospital Director

Angry Mum gave St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 1 stars

Misdiagnosed and not interested

Went in at the weekend with my 9 year old who had earache, nurse who saw us in triage was very dismissive and said she had a slight ear infection but it would go away by itself and to give Caplin, the nurse did not listen when I told her that my daughter had had several ear infections in the past and they had never gone away without antibiotics.

Went away and gave caliph as directed, 3 days later my daughter is still in pain so went to doctors only to be told that she didn’t have an ear infection at all, but in fact had fluid behind her eardrum and that I should give decongestant to help,

Had the nurse at the treatment center actually examined my daughter properly then I could have started this treatment sooner and it would probably be resolved by now,

Instead I had to take up more of the NHS’s time and money !!!!

I wouldn’t bother going to thus treatment centre if I were you

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 14 November 2018

St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre has not yet replied.

Anca Pomana gave St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 2 stars

felt very disrespected

Been in today with sever ear pain and clenched jaw and the lady I’ve seen was more interested in my lifestyle, what am I doing about my weight and when am I planning to quit smoking rather than the problem that took me there. Felt very uncomfortable and disrespected. Left without a prescription or a diagnosis and been advised to buy acetic acid and ibuprofen over the counter. Next time straight to a&e. If I set foot there again I’ll probably end up filing an official complaint

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 21 October 2018

St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre replied on 29 October 2018

We would like to offer you the opportunity of discussing your concerns in more detail to see if we can resolve them. If you would like to take up this offer, please could you contact the UTC Lead Nurse, Mark Friend on mark.friend@careuk.com at your earliest convenience.

Anonymous gave St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Overall a very stress free vist.

Just spent a couple of hours down at St Mary’s Hospital having my eyes thoroughly examined after the Specsavers optometrist referred me there saying that he was concerned about some scaring at the rear of my right eye. I must admit I was slightly aprehensive prior to this visit as I am not overly fond of hospitals, but I was pleasantly surprised by the helpfulness and courtesy of all staff that I came in contact with during my visit from the meeters & greeters in the main reception to the consultant ophthalmologist. I was in and out in just under two hours, which quite impressed me as I was given a very comprehensive eye examination.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 24 October 2018

St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre replied on 01 November 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent experience with us.

At St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre we aim to provide efficient high quality patient focused care and recognise the importance of ensuring a seamless and smooth process from start to finish so it was lovely to hear that we have succeeded in that aim. I will ensure your kind comments are passed on to the team in the Day Surgery Unit.

Many thanks again.

Endoscopy Team are AMAZING

I recently had a Gastroscopy procedure done at St. Mary's Hospital, as I suffer with rather serious anxiety issues I was of course terrified of the procedure. However the team at St. Mary's were absolutely amazing at helping me deal with my fears, from the moment I stepped into reception up until the moment I left I met with various members of staff who were all very patient and very kind towards me. Each member of the medical team in which I met with made the time to check in on me while I waited for the procedure, had a friendly chat with me about my concerns and explained it all to me which made the build up of the procedure seem less and less daunting.

As someone who is lucky enough to not have to endure medical procedures very often, I wasn't sure what to expect when I got into the theatre but the staff that were with me during the procedure were phenomenal. They talked me through everything and when I voiced my concerns on how I would react during the procedure due to my anxiety, the team made it even easier on me by chatting with me about my interests in an attempt to keep me relaxed. During the procedure my fears got the better of me though and I began to panic and get upset however the endoscopy team were brilliant in reassuring/encouraging me throughout and well after the procedure had finished.

I'm not in a rush to receive another Gastroscopy, however if I ever need another one, I hope it's with the same team at St. Mary's!

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 04 July 2018

St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre replied on 09 July 2018

Many thanks again.

Excellent care

I visited the eye clinic today and was so pleased with the care I received from the receptionist, nurse and consultant. It was a pleasant environment and I didn't feel that my appointment was rushed. The consultant took his time to reassure me and gave me advice on how to manage my eye condition
I

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 05 July 2018

St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre replied on 09 July 2018

Thank you for your very kind feedback following your treatment at the eye clinic.

I will ensure all the staff at St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre, especially the Day Surgery Unit, are made aware, they will be delighted.

PA to Hospital Director

HS gave St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care, but general data protection issue

On arrival at the main reception desk I was behind a mature lady and her elderly mother. The receptionist, as with many receptionists and people who deal with the public, then proceeded to read out the elderly lady's details for her to confirm. These included her full name, date of birth and address, as well as which surgery she was with. I always find this strange and wrong from a data protection point of view, especially as the receptionist desk, like many other establishments, is also situated next to an open waiting area. In the past I have had an appointment letter with all these details already written on it and this is quickly checked in a confidential manner.

Apart from that, my visit to the Treatment Centre was more than satisfactory and the lady technician who carried out my treatment, did so in a very thorough and friendly way, giving me ample opportunity to ask any questions I may have had.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 16 July 2018

St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre replied on 17 July 2018

We would like to offer you the opportunity of discussing your concerns in more detail. If you would like to take up this offer, please could you contact the Patient Services Manager, Louise Quirk at louise.quirk@careuk.com at your earliest convenience

PA to Hospital Director

Gary gave St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Attended for Gastroscopy today

Excellent and efficient service, in and out within an hour with polite personable and organised staff and clinicians. Thank you!

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 19 July 2018

St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre replied on 19 July 2018

At St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre we aim to provide efficient high quality patient focused care and recognise the importance of ensuring a seamless and smooth process from start to finish so it was lovely to hear that we have succeeded in that aim. I will ensure your kind comments are passed on to the team in the Endoscopy Department.

Gretchen Cartman gave St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 1 stars

Waste of time and energy

Told to attend this clinic by the 111 service.
Waited 2 hours to be sent away with no treatment, despite being in pain. Was told to go to another type of clinic (which had no appointments for 5 days - which is why we were there!) and also that the GP would tell us the same. Very unhelpful and dismissive. So we drove 15 miles and paid £2.50 parking and wasted a whole evening for absolutely nothing. Totally furious!
Would never use this clinic again unless I was dying and there was no other choice.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 20 July 2018

St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre replied on 20 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit to the St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre.

At St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre, we strive to provide a high quality and patient focused service and by being informed where elements of that service has not reached expectation, we can review our current practices and implement improvements.

We would like to offer you the opportunity of discussing your concerns in more detail to see if we can resolve them. If you would like to take up this offer, please could you contact the Minor Injuries Unit Lead Nurse, Mark Friend on the following email: mark.friend@careuk.com at your earliest convenience.

Alistair Southgate gave St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Walk in

Went to St Mary's walk in as had a bad shoulder, waiting time was 90 minutes but was seen within an hour, lovely nurse, she was very professional, sympathetic and understanding, and she got to the root of the problem immediately!
I was sent off with a shoulder exercise leaflet and tablets to help with the pain.
All in all, a pleasant experience and most importantly, I was treated with care and respect-a big thank you to all the staff at St Mary's, you are doing a wonderful job.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 30 July 2018

St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre replied on 30 July 2018

At St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre we aim to provide efficient high quality patient focused care and recognise the importance of ensuring a seamless and smooth process from start to finish so it was lovely to hear that we have succeeded in that aim. We hope you are recovering well and I will ensure your kind comments are passed on to the team in the Minor Injuries Unit.