Doncaster Aspire - Drug & Alcohol Service

01302 730956 Sinclair House, 29-31 Thorne Road , Doncaster, South Yorkshire, DN1 2EZ

Based on 4 ratings for this clinic

Based on 4 ratings for this clinic

Anonymous gave Doncaster Aspire - Drug & Alcohol Service a rating of 1 stars

Very hard to contact, poor service overall

We have been trying to contact anyone for help, we have tried ringing, the live chat and facebook, and now this.
My partner, is with Aspire, but is struggling to cope. She has tried for over 2 weeks to see her key worker, who is either busy, or off sick, and we have left messages to contact us, but no one has got back to us.
We need help, I am her partner, and I have no addiction, I support her, and our son. Recently she has been in great pain, that and recent tooth abcess has caused her to lose control of her addiction, and when we have tried to reach out for help, no one has answered.
I have sent a message on your live chat service, but still no answer, even though it states you are available to talk on the system.
We have not been offered any help since changing to Aspire, you say you offer family help, I have seen none, my partner is stuggling with depression, which is documented, yet no CBT or online help has been offered. I look after our son and work full time, and it is now coming to a stage where i cannot offer the help needed.
Previously, I was involved in the care, then after changing to another key worker, (5 changes in 2 years) I was not involved, the key worker got my name wrong every time we met, and its not a hard name to remember, she new nothing of the difficulties my partner has, and we felt like a number in the system. Another change in key worker, and this one is rarely available. Off sick, in different areas of work, in with other service users, yet never gets back when you leave a message.
This has been the worst experience for our family, and we are recieving little to no help.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 20 July 2018

Doncaster Aspire - Drug & Alcohol Service replied on 20 July 2018

Good Afternoon

I have received your comments today and I am sorry to note your concerns.

Your concern has been forwarded to Stuart Green Drugs and Alcohol Service Manager and a member of his team will be in contact with you shortly.
If you require any further advise please do not hesitate to contact me,

Diane
Doncaster
DN4 8QN
Telephone: 01302 796537

No help whatsoever

The person on the phone call just kept repeating the same thing- never replied to live chat in 2 weeks - wouldn't let partner be involved to help or support - felt helpless when came off phone - patronising- offered no constructive help after partner had beat me up- this is just the opposite to what a person needs when asking for support
I rang I didn't visit - survey doesn't allow this answer

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 14 May 2018

Doncaster Aspire - Drug & Alcohol Service replied on 15 May 2018

Good Morning,
I am very sorry to hear of your experience. This is not the care that we would like patients to experience from our services.

If you would like to contact me I will look into this matter and respond directly with you,

My contact details are:
Telephone: 01302 796537
email address:
diane.edwards9@nhs.net

Disgusting

My partner rang up as he was in an enormous crisis. Not only did they leave him waiting all day feeling very very ill and having suicidal thoughts but they refused him some medication for a ridiculous reason. They are disgusting at their jobs as key workers. And they pick and chose who they want to help. My partner is trying to better himself and they won't help.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 09 June 2017

Doncaster Aspire - Drug & Alcohol Service replied on 12 June 2017

I am very sorry to hear of your partner's experience with our Drug and Alcohol Services. If you would like to contact us with further details, including your partner's name and date of birth, we will be happy to look into this further for you. We will need your partner's consent to share any details with you so it may be easier if they can contact us directly themselves. You can email on PALS@RDASH.NHS.UK or phone on 0800 0154334. In the meantime, I will share your comments on NHS Choices with the service.

Yours sincerely

Laura Powell
Complaints Manager
Rotherham Doncaster and South Humber NHS Foundation Trust

leanne rowland gave Doncaster Aspire - Drug & Alcohol Service a rating of 5 stars

aspire doncaster is excellent

aspire Doncaster and newbaginings in balby are a fantastic service I have been discharged from january2017 . I was in services for 17 yrs aspire as saved my life with all the support the keyworkers have given me . I have been an heroin addict a dyconal addict yoused every drug possible and have been clean from heroin now 14 yrs . I substituted with alcohol and was a alcoholic for 13 yrs thanks to aspire Doncaster I am now a mentor volunteer . A mentor coordinator from aspire trained me their skills are outstanding . now I have level 2s in peer mentoring and substance misuse. I have been clean now for 18 months love life and have all my family back thanks to aspire Doncaster drug and alcohol services and newbagginings detox centre . thankyu for everything amazing service

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 06 September 2017

Doncaster Aspire - Drug & Alcohol Service replied on 06 September 2017

Thank you very much for your kind comments about our services. It is always good to hear such a great success story as yours and all credit to you for engaging with our services in order to reach this point in your life. I hope you continue to succeed. I will share your comments with the service manager and ensure that they pass this on to the staff.

Yours