Lordswood Medical Practice

1. Review titled The professionals

by Anonymous - Posted on 10 April 2019

My family have been with Lordswood Practise since Day 1 over 20 years ago. They are the best in the business both, provide a high level of professionalism and are very knowledgeable. The level of service is second to none. I especially express my thanks the doctor for looking after my father over the years and coming out for home visits whenever required he was his eldest patient. He very attentive and comprehensive in his diagnosis. Booking an appointment is easy, in general is about a 5-10min wait before you get through to the staff who I’ve found to be most helpful and polite. So its 5 Stars from me.

Visited April 2019

2. Review titled Compassion does not cost anything

by Anonymous - Posted on 25 January 2019

When patients go to gp surgery's they come from a vulnerable state in need of help. On more than one occasion, I have not found the reception staff to be warm and compassionate. I know they have a difficult job in running a challenging service but they need to remember that if they were on the other side they would want to be treated with kindness and compassion.

Visited January 2019

3. Review titled Wonderful service

by Anonymous - Posted on 16 November 2018

I had to make an urgent appointment (not an emergency) with my Doctor this morning. The receptionist was able to offer me an appointment with my own Doctor within one hour. Whilst this is obviously not always possible, I have always found the receptionists, doctors and nurses to be helpful when I need help. For non-urgent appointments their online systems works well.

Visited November 2018

4. Review titled Excellent large Practice

by Diane Wilson - Posted on 20 October 2018

Lordswood Surgery in Harborne is a large and very well run surgery with pleasant waiting areas.The receptionists are professional and pragmatic but sympathetic and helpful. It is possible to book online for routine appointments. Emergency appointments have, in my experience, always been accommodated very quickly. My own doctor is excellent and I assume his colleagues are too and they have a reliable and experienced team of nurses supporting them.

Visited October 2018

5. Review titled A very pleasant Doctors' Surgery

by Anonymous - Posted on 20 October 2018

Lordswood Surgery in Harborne is a large and very well run surgery with pleasant waiting areas. The receptionists are professional and pragmatic but sympathetic and helpful. It is possible to book online for routine appointments. Emergency appointments have, in my experience, always been arranged quickly. My own doctor is excellent and I assume his colleagues are too and they have a reliable and experienced team of nurses supporting them.

Visited October 2018

6. Review titled How times have changed

by Chris Parker - Posted on 25 September 2018

I have been registered at this practise and its forerunner, for over 70 years. Initially you could just turn up and see the doctor of your choice, two regular and one part time. System worked exceptionally well. Over the years the practice has grown, moved to new premises, added many extra services all of which have benefited the local patients. But and it is a big but, getting to see your GP is now very difficult. Yes there is now the option to ring up on the morning after 8.30 for those days appointments. Who if they are working can find time to ring at 8.30 when they are travelling to work. Likewise mothers who are either running round trying to get children ready for school or in fact travelling to school with the children in the back are not readily available at that time. Yes they will find a doctor for you that day if necessary, but NHS recommends that you should try and see the same doctor so that there is better continuity of health care as they can monitor changes etc. Try and achieve and it will often mean a wait of three weeks or more to see your own GP. Why is this one can ask, we as patients do not have 'inside knowledge', but staff members talk of the continual numbers of new patients being added to the practice, insufficient doctors available either because of shortage or only working part time. From my point of view it is such a shame that a practice that has seen considerable growth over the years does seem to be loosing that basic concept of GP/patient contact and moving to 'any doctor that is free will see you'. Is it growing too fast?

Visited September 2018

7. Review titled Long Term Evaluation

by Anonymous - Posted on 21 February 2018

As a patient of many years, the specific visit date is largely irrelevant. Given the infinite under resourcing of the NHS and its overburdened GP services, I have rarely received anything less than first class, professional, informed, considered and compassionate service at this practice.

Visited February 2018