Bridlington Macmillan Gp Wolds Unit

00000 000000 Bridlington & District Hospital, Bessingby Road , Bridlington, Yorkshire(East Riding), YO16 4QP

Based on 1 rating for this clinic

Based on 1 rating for this clinic

Gavin Crowther gave Bridlington Macmillan Gp Wolds Unit a rating of 5 stars

Angels on Call

My Father Alan Crowther was admitted to the GP Wolds Unit Macmillan on Tuesday 22nd Aug 2017 for "End of Life" care.My Father had 3 brain tumors which were aggressive and untreatable. I arrived in the evening when my Father had only just arrived and was just really being settled in. All food and Fluids had been removed as permission had been granted to do so. My Fathers deterioration had been quick and dramatic over a period of 7 weeks since diagnosis and start of symptoms.
From the moment I arrived at the Bridlington GP Wolds unit, I was treated with dignity and kindness. I felt at ease straight away with the way I knew my Father would be looked after on his short stay to the end of his life.
I wanted to stay with my Father on the second night so I could be near to him and talk to him. Although he never opened his eyes or responded to my chat, I knew he could hear me talking to him, and I wanted him to know that I was with him. The staff could not have been more supportive or helpful. All of the staff ( of which I didn't really get their names) were true Angels. They are all so professional and genuine carers, and every need for my father, and for me to be with him, was no trouble.
My father passed away Thursday 24th Aug at 6.00pm. He died peacefully and with dignity, all made possible only by the selfless and caring, kind atmosphere and calm of the staff and carers of the GP Wolds Unit in Bridlington. You are the best most precious people and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything you did for my Dad at a time when he, and myself and other members of our family needed you. True Angels ! X

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 25 August 2017

Bridlington Macmillan Gp Wolds Unit has not yet replied.